Home

Supreme court reinstates

Posted By: elkaholic

Supreme court reinstates - 03/04/22 07:33 PM

Just read that the SCOTU reinstated the death penalty of the Boston Marathon bomber.

Not really shocking, but considering it was brought on by the Biden admin. They argued that the lower court shouldn't have granted his appeal.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/04/22 07:49 PM

The Biden handlers are getting nervous and are gradually trying to reverse course on alot of the damage they have already done, prior to the next election. This is just them trying now to appear tough on crime, after supporting riotous mobs and calling for defunding the police for the past couple of years.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/04/22 08:19 PM

If it were up to me, after the jury said guilty, he would have been publicly hanged an hour later.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/04/22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
Just read that the SCOTU reinstated the death penalty of the Boston Marathon bomber.

Not really shocking, but considering it was brought on by the Biden admin. They argued that the lower court shouldn't have granted his appeal.

Good deal
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/04/22 08:48 PM

Same as above two
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/04/22 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If it were up to me, afr the jury said guilty, he would have been publicly hanged an hour later.

At least wait tell the next morning or even a few days.

Got to give him time to think about what's coming, get the TV crews and news ready to show it. You want a lot of publicity.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/04/22 09:16 PM

I agree with Providence and I also agree with wally101
Posted By: Boco

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/04/22 10:34 PM

Lucky he was on the light side else he would be out on parole.
Posted By: charles

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 12:41 AM

I was at the marathon when the bomb exploded. I was at mile 26. I felt the shockwave, smelled the smoke, and could see the confusion. The police did not know what happened or where to herd the public. I remember being afraid to get anywhere near a manhole cover.

A total stranger took my group into an apartment. His wife gave clothes to two runners who were freezing.

I was ma spectator. Wife’s sister in law was a runner. We were glad to find her.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 12:50 AM

Light him up!
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 12:51 AM

If it were up to me, after the jury said guilty, he would have been publicly hanged an hour later.

No. We have to give everyone the opportunity for appeals. If we were to start to hang people as soon as they were convicted, we would have crooked government scum setting people up with a lot less chance of anyone being able to prove anything until the person is already worm food.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 12:53 AM

Interesting to see where this goes. Massachusetts has not put a criminal down since 1947.

Current law states there is no death penalty in the Commonwealth.

http://nodp.org/ma/s1.html
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mark K

No. We have to give everyone the opportunity for appeals. If we were to start to hang people as soon as they were convicted, we would have crooked government scum setting people up with a lot less chance of anyone being able to prove anything until the person is already worm food.

And please explain to me what we have now???? minus the hanging part.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cragar
Interesting to see where this goes. Massachusetts has not put a criminal down since 1947.

Believe he was convicted in Federal court?
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 01:04 AM

We have a Constitutional obligation to grant appeals to the convicted so as to not hang wrongfully convicted people.

I, as many of you know, work in a prison as an officer. I see some of the scummiest people on Earth. Once in a while one will start going to court a lot for appeals. Every once in a while one of them will have his sentence reversed because they were wrongfully convicted. I have seen people get convicted for stuff they did not do. One time the Rice County prosecutors told a vulnerable adult that if he did not sign a confession, that he would go to prison for the rest of his life. He was no allowed to see his parents, or to call anyone. He was not allowed to talk to an attorney before they threatened him. There were dozens of witnesses who could prove that he didn't do it but they were told to get lost. In some states he could have gotten death for what he was accused of.

He was in the slammer for a long time before he was released. If it had been a death penalty state, with no appeals, he would have swung while being innocent.

That is why we have appeals. To protect the innocent from the crooked government people.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 01:12 AM

More information- https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ton-marathon-bomber-tsarnaev/6452778001/
Posted By: Marty

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 02:02 AM

this guy should have gotten a dirt nap a long time ago.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Cragar

Believe he was convicted in Federal court?

I think you are right. Last I heard of , he was in the supermax in Colorado.
Posted By: jk

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 10:10 AM

I cant imagine how much money was spent to keep him alive and rehabilitated = ZAP, it is sparkie time........jk
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
The Biden handlers are getting nervous and are gradually trying to reverse course on alot of the damage they have already done, prior to the next election. This is just them trying now to appear tough on crime, after supporting riotous mobs and calling for defunding the police for the past couple of years.

Probably true
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 06:42 PM

Its been quite a while since the trial, wonder if the Boston cops remember where they put him.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Supreme court reinstates - 03/05/22 07:14 PM

© 2024 Trapperman Forums