Home

Gas prices < not a joke

Posted By: rags57078

Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 05:51 PM

Ok friends answer me this one .What in the heck are people going to do that commute to work that are just barely getting by with the gas prices shooting up ?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 05:52 PM

What did they do about 10-12 years ago when it was $4 a gallon?
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 05:53 PM

Struggling, Rags, they're struggling.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 05:54 PM

4 bucks? Talk is way over that IF things go bad. Folks are going to have to go OLD SCHOOL...share rides, bike, walk etc
Just my take....
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 05:55 PM

What's going to happen? Exactly what those currently in power are trying to make happen.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 05:57 PM

Just paid $4.10 for premium thanks Joe.
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 06:00 PM

$4.57 for regular here. Gone up$1.50 in two weeks.
Posted By: super cub

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 06:06 PM

Our diesel is up to $ 4.99, none of the ranchers around here can afford fertilizer this year

It is a real hardship on a lot of town people and ag people
Posted By: skunkly

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 06:35 PM

I think maybe some more car pooling and over night stays at friends and family for those that drive a lot everyday. Also vehicles that get better gas mileage. A couple years back the wife and I made a lot of changes so that we could see each other more and not be zombies. Never did child care. We took shifts with the kids between our two jobs. It sucked and there was no quality of life and we never saw each other or slept. Got it figured out where she could quit her job. Best decision we ever made. Anywsy, one off our cuts/changes was me getting rid of my truck. I miss it for a lot of things but not for its gas bill. That alone has saved us tons of money and for the foreseeable future will continue to pay off as a good decision.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 06:55 PM

Likely get very bad, of course I'n weeks an months to come, everything well be affected by it, people well go broke on gas an buy stuff stores , if even get it, I predict bankrupt country, ppl broke all over , places go out bussiness, shutdowns , places that help poor ppl well be out bussiness, closed up , has prices really suck I'm cold weather use lot more, figgure out how much u pay in few months more, add to inflation, hundreds more in 2 months
Posted By: Squash

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 06:56 PM

Double digit inflation maybe only a month away. Remember that word, “transitory,” ? None of the experts are saying that word now.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 07:22 PM

Dbl digit inflation a disaster, people start go broke, bankrupt
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 07:28 PM

Get out of debt as fast as you can.
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 07:57 PM

This should be a huge factor this year for the midterm elections. Need to clear house on everyone not just those up for reelection
Roy
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 08:12 PM

Every thing I have is paid for.I got to have a 4 wheel drive truck.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by skunkly
I think maybe some more car pooling and over night stays at friends and family for those that drive a lot everyday. Also vehicles that get better gas mileage. A couple years back the wife and I made a lot of changes so that we could see each other more and not be zombies. Never did child care. We took shifts with the kids between our two jobs. It sucked and there was no quality of life and we never saw each other or slept. Got it figured out where she could quit her job. Best decision we ever made. Anywsy, one off our cuts/changes was me getting rid of my truck. I miss it for a lot of things but not for its gas bill. That alone has saved us tons of money and for the foreseeable future will continue to pay off as a good decision.

I'm sure we could all get rid of our trucks, car pool, or just stay home, but some of us want to live, not just survive. My God, how could a once great country get run into the ground so fast.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 08:50 PM

Honda really hadn't put much a dent in the American car market until Jimmy Carter's gas issues with the Iranian deal. All of a sudden, people started checking out those old school Honda Civics that got 30+ miles a gallon. I suspect that if $4-5 gallon gas comes and stays for a while, high mph vehicles will be in vogue again and fewer pickups and big suv's tooling around. The problem is that we've already sort of burned that "quick fix" because we devalued the USD so much that a 30+ mph car won't gain people on the edge where fuel is a noticeable amount of their take home pay. If gas would go to $6-8 a gallon and stay there, then I think all bets are off for things staying together, some places becoming a lot more volatile than other lotions.

The greedy development goofs here want to put 300 apartment units across the "highway" (only about 50 mph) from our subdivision on the edge of bedroom town. Our subdivision are larger sized lots, about 2-3 houses per acre than what is typically found in "big city" nearby but the land across the road is not zoned single-family residence and the cropland they're converting went straight to "commercial/ multi-family". So, they're going to double the population out here by only adding a fifth of the current developed land. 300+ more cars coming onto the 2-lane "highway" from 2 driveways. Besides just the greater coin for the developers, what I think the city council/county leaders are angling for is to have Uncle Sugar pay some of the eventual widening of the highway to 4-lanes. I can see a deal being cut where reps of Uncle Sugar agree as long as half of those apartment units are used to house Prez Sniffy's line jumpers they flying all over the country. Lots of business leaders in "big city" would love to have more cheap immigrant labor. Swell...

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 08:56 PM

I'm sure we could all get rid of our trucks, car pool, or just stay home, but some of us want to live, not just survive. My God, how could a once great country get run into the ground so fast.

Well, when you have people in "power", some by "election" and some just controlling coin ("business" leaders, various bureaucracies), actually try to wreck things, more or less, it really doesn't take much time. Grind away on a low but steady tempo for a generation or two, and then do various quick gains in destruction with specific event "eras". Mostly the turning up the frog pot a little at a time and then a quick turn or so when the frog doesn't have the strength to jump out of the kettle anymore...

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 08:57 PM

Hey if they want to work, treat them well.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Roy Greenfield
This should be a huge factor this year for the midterm elections. Need to clear house on everyone not just those up for reelection
Roy

Agreed......throw a bug bomb in the White House and start all over. Both parties. Oh, and the meaningless third party too.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 09:57 PM

Bring on the SUV sales !!!!! by December they will be cheap. But of course if the SO CALLED "chip" shortage continues they will keep up prices. Dang that excuse is lagging longer than covid it'self...

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 10:05 PM

Yes, heating costs are going to go way up and I predict propane will surpass its 2014 price spike. Inflation was already cruising along before this Russia Ukraine garbage. I remember being just a little kid back in the early 1980s and my dad struggling to keep us in heat and unable to afford to fill the 500gal tank. He'd buy 25gal tanks and we wore a lot of clothesl. Him and mom scratched together $$ somehow and bought a wood stove. Can remember quite clearly the weekend him and some friends and my grandpa built/laid a chimney and the stove being lugged into the basement. I learned some new words that weekend! Lol. That stove paid for itself in no time and we were warm. Learned the value and peace of mind of not being a slave to heating costs a good while ago and wood heat/back up heat was a must have when my wife and I bought our place. Reading some of the the threads on here about some of electric heating bills and the costs...think what heating oil and gas will do too. If a person already doesn't have some sort of wood heat....do it now and have a good stockpile of wood.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 10:10 PM

"My God, how could a once great country get run into the ground so fast." I know, right?! Most of us saw it coming.....but not the speed at which it happened.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 10:20 PM

I hope I am wrong but this is the tip of the iceberg....so much more can happen in the months ahead. God help us all.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
My God, how could a once great country get run into the ground so fast.

elections have consequences...
Posted By: DWC

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Honda really hadn't put much a dent in the American car market until Jimmy Carter's gas issues with the Iranian deal. All of a sudden, people started checking out those old school Honda Civics that got 30+ miles a gallon. I suspect that if $4-5 gallon gas comes and stays for a while, high mph vehicles will be in vogue again and fewer pickups and big suv's tooling around. The problem is that we've already sort of burned that "quick fix" because we devalued the USD so much that a 30+ mph car won't gain people on the edge where fuel is a noticeable amount of their take home pay. If gas would go to $6-8 a gallon and stay there, then I think all bets are off for things staying together, some places becoming a lot more volatile than other lotions.

The greedy development goofs here want to put 300 apartment units across the "highway" (only about 50 mph) from our subdivision on the edge of bedroom town. Our subdivision are larger sized lots, about 2-3 houses per acre than what is typically found in "big city" nearby but the land across the road is not zoned single-family residence and the cropland they're converting went straight to "commercial/ multi-family". So, they're going to double the population out here by only adding a fifth of the current developed land. 300+ more cars coming onto the 2-lane "highway" from 2 driveways. Besides just the greater coin for the developers, what I think the city council/county leaders are angling for is to have Uncle Sugar pay some of the eventual widening of the highway to 4-lanes. I can see a deal being cut where reps of Uncle Sugar agree as long as half of those apartment units are used to house Prez Sniffy's line jumpers they flying all over the country. Lots of business leaders in "big city" would love to have more cheap immigrant labor. Swell...

All them califiornians noems bringin in. I bet Pierre isnt getting bombarded….
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 11:11 PM

It will get better if the idiots that are all in for the green new deal get voted out in November. They have no interest in lowering energy prices as that is the only thing that they think will make alternative energy more attractive ..... like selling electric cars etc. They made that calculation without thinking a little ahead though or look at the broader picture. Like high fuel costs will make the inflation worse so folks won't buy electric cars because the finances are not there and the infrastructure for those kind of things does not exist either and won't for a long time yet. The war in the Ukraine does not help matters either but was predictable with the high fuel prices.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/05/22 11:14 PM

I brown bag it now....at least 8.00 for a grindah...or pizza...or 11.00 at 5 guys burger joint.. So now...all that money and then some ..goes to the gas fund
Posted By: forestman3

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 12:00 AM

This country has turned away from God so what did you think was coming.
Posted By: beeman

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Just paid $4.10 for premium thanks Joe.

Why would you have to use premium gas?
Posted By: canebrake

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 12:41 AM

It's our fault. We should have just done what Brandon said and buy an electric vehicle.

Let's Go Brandon!!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 12:55 AM

U r so right &#128077;
Posted By: beeman

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by super cub
Our diesel is up to $ 4.99, none of the ranchers around here can afford fertilizer this year

It is a real hardship on a lot of town people and ag people

Everybody I know booked their fertilizer last fall.
Posted By: cmj

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 01:45 AM

I am a owner operator, dump truck. No car pooling here! 30 to 50 gallons a day. I haul anything from dirt from a new house build to blacktop for the road. Its going to snowball.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 02:06 AM

Some folks have no means of being prepared for hard times - unable to even have a drink of water.
Others have means of complete preparation and survival.
May God protect us and keep us safe.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 02:15 AM

Went from $3.959 yesterday to $4.289 today. That's for regular. We have not yet hit peak stupid. Get these people out of office.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 02:19 AM

Some ride a bike, walk or share rides. I have a truck that gets 15mpg I drive it on average 10,000 a year and use about 666 gal of gas. Given that the difference of $2 a gal vs $4 a gal is $1300 bucks a year. I doubt people are going to be on the street. I have a friend said he is going to by a newer care that gets 28mpg vs 22 mpg gotta laugh and he is going to finance it and pay higher price for insurance and plates. I have some money in energy stocks that pay some dividends and if prices go up I make up that difference. I dont have much sympathy either for woman driving big SUVS alone or taking a kid to school or a couple guys BSing about the price of gas at the station and one of them idling their truck in the parking lot.
Posted By: rags57078

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 03:19 AM

Guess this will be my town ride this summer , its too big for in town but runs cheap

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
Some ride a bike, walk or share rides. I have a truck that gets 15mpg I drive it on average 10,000 a year and use about 666 gal of gas. Given that the difference of $2 a gal vs $4 a gal is $1300 bucks a year. I doubt people are going to be on the street. I have a friend said he is going to by a newer care that gets 28mpg vs 22 mpg gotta laugh and he is going to finance it and pay higher price for insurance and plates. I have some money in energy stocks that pay some dividends and if prices go up I make up that difference. I dont have much sympathy either for woman driving big SUVS alone or taking a kid to school or a couple guys BSing about the price of gas at the station and one of them idling their truck in the parking lot.

Just in my work vehicle alone I average about 75k miles a year, doubling gas prices for me has more than a $1300 effect. This doesn't take into account my personal truck, and the fuel for my 4 wheeler and snowmobile for my trapline. This year is going to suck.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin
My God, how could a once great country get run into the ground so fast.

elections have consequences...

So, we end up with a guy in the whitehouse hellbent on destroying domestic oil production, while his family is profiting in the foreign oil business. How is he not in jail?

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

All them califiornians noems bringin in. I bet Pierre isnt getting bombarded….

DWC- i know your dislike for Kristi is legendary but I doubt its formerly home owning Californians that are going to be living in those apartments that maybe will impact my property value Most Calis I know who have moved here and had a house out there could buy mine AND yours combined and have some change left over to spare...

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 07:18 AM

Rags, you will look pretty choice on Hwy 50 this warm season driving that 2-wheeled beast. Enjoy the wind!!
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 02:27 PM

"The Bottom Line
Oil prices do have an impact on the U.S. economy, but it goes two ways because of the diversity of industries. High oil prices can drive job creation and investment as it becomes economically viable for oil companies to exploit higher-cost shale oil deposits. However, high oil prices also hit businesses and consumers with higher transportation and manufacturing costs. Lower oil prices hurt the unconventional oil activity, but benefits manufacturing and other sectors where fuel costs are a primary concern."

The U.S. is going to get more energy independent. You don't seem to like cheaper foreign oil. That should make you fellows happy. Enjoy your non-reliance on foreign oil.

"The shale industry alone drove 10 percent of the growth in the U.S. economy’s gross domestic product from 2010 to 2015, according to a new study by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas showing how oil and natural gas deliver wins for the larger economy."
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 04:36 PM

Just got back from costco filling up my truck, diesel $4.56 gal up from $3.86 3 weeks ago. Total cost today $152.50 I'll see what it cost in a month as i only have to fill once a month if im careful.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 04:48 PM

I agree Dirt the work in the oil patch is picking up in Wy. in times of need for oil we still have ours which strategically is a good situation oil and money in the bank. As far as driving 75 thousand miles a year Im sure your in business sneaky pass on the price to your customers. Seems to me so many on this site have vary little working knowledge of how the oil industry works. You blame it all on the XL pipeline leg that Biden stopped. If he had not stopped it, it would still not be in operation yet today. There are so many fields right now that have been off line because of the low prices we experienced because of over production the past few years. They were not making any money and they stopped producing. Just like the fur market, no money in fur production not as many are out trapping. Yeah we have the few that trap for fun at a loss. Well the oil companies dont produce oil for fun but for profit! No money no domestic oil, they filled the contracts and that was it shut off the taps. The oil companies are also great at manipulating the price and have ways of getting the most for there efforts and a lot are not legal and they have no allegiance to America, its called capitalism.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 04:55 PM

I agree Dirt the work in the oil patch is picking up in Wy. in times of need for oil we still have ours which strategically is a good situation oil and money in the bank. As far as driving 75 thousand miles a year Im sure your in business sneaky pass on the price to your customers. Seems to me so many on this site have vary little working knowledge of how the oil industry works. You blame it all on the XL pipeline leg that Biden stopped. If he had not stopped it, it would still not be in operation yet today. There are so many fields right now that have been off line because of the low prices we experienced because of over production the past few years. They were not making any money and they stopped producing. Just like the fur market, no money in fur production not as many are out trapping. Yeah we have the few that trap for fun at a loss. Well the oil companies dont produce oil for fun but for profit! No money no domestic oil, they filled the contracts and that was it shut off the taps. The oil companies are also great at manipulating the price and have ways of getting the most for there efforts and a lot are not legal and they have no allegiance to America, its called capitalism.

The costs of high energy goes well beyond what you pay to fill up your vehicle, something the dems don't seem to understand.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 05:32 PM

So the administration is supposed to mandate the oil companies to drill or subsidies them even more than what they are now. Maybe the Dems should just pass out free gas cards? and by our fur? Its called business and capitalism. The middle east and Russian oil production got on line because our American companies put them in business with our knowledge and technology the oil companies made a fast buck and now we are hooked on there oil because they can produce it cheaper.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 05:46 PM

So the administration is supposed to mandate the oil companies to drill or subsidies them even more than what they are now. Maybe the Dems should just pass out free gas cards? and by our fur? Its called business and capitalism. The middle east and Russian oil production got on line because our American companies put them in business with our knowledge and technology the oil companies made a fast buck and now we are hooked on there oil because they can produce it cheaper.

You are so living in a fantasy world. They don't need to mandate more just let the ones that already had the contracts go back to producing.
First we wouldn't care or need what foriegn oil was producing if BOBO and the clown squad circus hadn't changed direction THE FIRST DAY IN OFFICE. Their goal was to make fossil fuel equipment more expensive because NO NONE can make battery powered ANYTHING to be as effieceint and reliable as gas. So don't make one cheap just make the other cost more. Remember the gridlock on I-95 when there was people stuck for 28 hrs ? If those had been electric vehicles and the temps dropped to 10 degrees how many would have died. OR been rescued by a gas vehicle
American technology is used everywhere in the world . Not just oil co. Plus is it is so cheap to produce oil In other countrie wheres the cheap prices. IT IS A scam. The whole Ukraine mess is polotics. Their redeemed leader is a puppet that was an actor and was put in by foreign interest. world wide production HAS NOT DROPPED since December but gas has doubled/.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 05:50 PM

OMG just googled it oil production is UP 1.1 mill per day versus last month and 5 million barrels a day from last year !!! Hmmmm I smell a dirty politician....

Like I said earlier just wait on big oil profits this quarter...

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 07:10 PM

[Linked Image]

Supply has not caught up to demand.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 07:10 PM

Man you got an answer and solution for all the problems you should get into politics and big business.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 07:32 PM

last thur. diesel was 3.999, friday it was 4.399, saturday 4.499, today its 4.799, thaats at the same station, have saw it 5.099 in va. where it was always for the last 3 years .14 cheaper per gallon than here in Wv. gettin crazy, was 3.399 less than a month ago.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 07:51 PM

Increase in transportation cost will raise the cost of all goods due that cost being a pass through cost to consumers. Consumers having less money left buy less leads to less demand for products. Less demand for products = producesr cut back= lay offs. Layoffs = even less money to be spent compounding the problem.

We are not only going to see a recession but likely a full blown depression. That's without adding in the grain shortage and rising imput cost to farm adding to food cost pointed out in other thread's.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 08:01 PM

As of this morning our diesel went to $ 5.25 and gas $ 4.99
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 08:16 PM

With gas at $5 or better oil use will go down, people will stay home, will be hard enough to fill the tank to go to work. Biden came out and said he would end fossil fuels and he's trying to do just that, for a guy that lies at every turn at least he told the truth on that, to bad liberals didn't listen.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
With gas at $5 or better oil use will go down, people will stay home, will be hard enough to fill the tank to go to work. Biden came out and said he would end fossil fuels and he's trying to do just that, for a guy that lies at every turn at least he told the truth on that, to bad liberals didn't listen.

True, but with a fraudulent election, it didn't matter. The liberals won, even though they really lost.
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 10:26 PM

Talked to brother in UK (close to London). Gas on what would be like our interstates is over $ 9 a gallon ( converted from litter prices) and around 7.50 in regular areas. They are always higher than us but glad we are not there yet.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 10:29 PM

when they ban russian oil imports next week it is going up quite a bit...jmo. we could easily see $7 or more for gasoline.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 10:38 PM

The two primary modes of transportation used by most leftists is your basic skateboard and private jets. Very little in between.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 11:16 PM

$4.25 here in town supposedly negotiations will start tomorrow Russia will get the ports and nuclear plants Ukraine gets leftovers Nato is happy cause they didn't have to do anything except give up weapons which will get reimbursed by the U S nobody had to shut off Putins oil We paid the bill at the pumps Bidens a hero for not getting involved and saving everyone from fossil emissions JMHO
Posted By: SJA

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 11:18 PM

$4.75 Diesel here tonight :-(

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/06/22 11:31 PM

You blame it all on the XL pipeline leg that Biden stopped. If he had not stopped it, it would still not be in operation yet today.

Nice try there covering for your guy Biden, but if he had not stopped it, it would be a lot closer to operational today. If/when they ever come to their senses and realize it's not good for national security to be dependant on energy from countries that hate us, do you know how long it will take just to get back to working on that line?

So the administration is supposed to mandate the oil companies to drill or subsidies them even more than what they are now. Maybe the Dems should just pass out free gas cards? and by our fur? Its called business and capitalism.

Explain to me how the government stepping in and shutting down a partially completed pipeline is capitalism.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 12:45 AM

It is only capitalism when the U.S. prevents Russian natural gas lines being built by the private sector in Europe.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 05:57 AM

Walleye so when is it ok in America to put a pipeline across another's land if they dont want it be
Dem. or Rep. Native Americans didn't want the pipeline to cross the little bit of land they are on. A lot of ranchers and the State of Neb. objected to it. Why not drill and mine the state of MN for cheaper minerals and oil. as a matter of fact dump the waste into the 10,000 lakes you have it would even be cheaper to produce products. Lets net all those lakes so we can have cheap fish fries. Im not against extraction of minerals, coal or oil production but not at the cost of taking someone's land or polluting it for cheaper gas. I know how oil companies and mining companies avoid costs taking short cuts and leaving towns with a mess. We have a nuclear power plant that is going to be built in Wy not sure I like that but its coming, they figure keep it in wide open spaces so when there is a mishap it wont kill hundreds of thousands of people. We have fracking waste coming into wells in Wy because of cheap oil not a real happy situation when your water is no longer safe to drink. Im not a hypocrite we need energy but I cherish the state I live in, clean water, air and the wildlife.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 06:56 AM

Walleye so when is it ok in America to put a pipeline across another's land if they dont want it be
Dem. or Rep. Native Americans didn't want the pipeline to cross the little bit of land they are on. A lot of ranchers and the State of Neb. objected to it. Why not drill and mine the state of MN for cheaper minerals and oil. as a matter of fact dump the waste into the 10,000 lakes you have it would even be cheaper to produce products. Lets net all those lakes so we can have cheap fish fries. Im not against extraction of minerals, coal or oil production but not at the cost of taking someone's land or polluting it for cheaper gas. I know how oil companies and mining companies avoid costs taking short cuts and leaving towns with a mess. We have a nuclear power plant that is going to be built in Wy not sure I like that but its coming, they figure keep it in wide open spaces so when there is a mishap it wont kill hundreds of thousands of people. We have fracking waste coming into wells in Wy because of cheap oil not a real happy situation when your water is no longer safe to drink. Im not a hypocrite we need energy but I cherish the state I live in, clean water, air and the wildlife.

You sound like the common denominater,.Putting America first seems foreign to you ?
You assume we cant exploit our natural resources without environmental catastrophe ?
America needs a push to accommodate our production of green energy? Where will that nickle come from if not mined in the USA?,..dependent
again on foreign sources?,..Indonesia?
I think the state of world affairs should assure us, that looking after ourselves is priority number one.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
It is only capitalism when the U.S. prevents Russian natural gas lines being built by the private sector in Europe.

That's called common sense.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 10:29 AM

This is the classic "Zig and Zag" .....Started at the end of this thread, read last page. Got interested enough to go to first post and read through. "Zig and Zag"....

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 12:01 PM

Nice job using a disconnected environmental rant to completely avoid my questions.

We just completed the repacement of Enbridge line three in 2021, with a new more efficient, and safer pipeline across MN. Native Americans had concerns so they altered the alingment to avoid tribal lands. They used a very thorough environmental review process and modern methods of crossing sensative areas like stream crossings, wetlands, with directional boring. No body was dumping waste into any lakes and the only ones netting any lakes for cheap fish fries were the native americans. Not that any of this really matters to you because it was just a rant to avoid legitamate questions about flawed Biden administration policies.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by mnsota
Originally Posted by Dirt

That's called common sense.

If Europe starts buying more LNG from the U.S. because we limited their supply from Russia thereby increasing the demand for U.S. natural gas, how will that affect the price of natural gas in the U.S?

I'll ask it another way if the demand for raccoon pelts increases, what happens to the price of raccoon pelts?
Posted By: Osky

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 01:54 PM

Nice job using a disconnected environmental rant to completely avoid my questions.

We just completed the repacement of Enbridge line three in 2021, with a new more efficient, and safer pipeline across MN. Native Americans had concerns so they altered the alingment to avoid tribal lands. They used a very thorough environmental review process and modern methods of crossing sensative areas like stream crossings, wetlands, with directional boring. No body was dumping waste into any lakes and the only ones netting any lakes for cheap fish fries were the native americans. Not that any of this really matters to you because it was just a rant to avoid legitamate questions about flawed Biden administration policies.

Danvee

They did finish the upgraded pipeline. You would only know it by the cleared strip of land that runs atop it. If we go to “green” energy the electric power needs are going need a much more extensive grid and far more of those cleared strips criss crossing the northland here. As far as mining the greens have shut down the new mine project down by Babbit. They are also closing an existing iron operation there in a few months. We have tried to accommodate mining.

No one for the most part in Itasca county owns their mineral rights underground. A company out of Colorado a few years ago bought the rights to that county a few years ago. The land I have there can be mined wether I like it or not. Part of the original State School Trust agreements which Dems a long time ago corrupted.
The Indians currently do have the rights to net lakes over a wide swath of Minnesota.

Danvee I think there is far more to locating a power plant than wide open spaces.

Osky

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 02:20 PM

Im not agreeing with Biden administration on green energy though it will be part of the makeup of energy consumption. The point Im trying to make is Biden or anyone person is responsible for the increase in fuel prices. Im sure it has gone up in other countries just as it has here in the states. I live in a state were coal is produced and we have coal fired power plants, I understand how electric vehicles are charged. I also know how the oil companies work, play games and rig the deck. Right before Biden took office there were large amounts of federal land leased that are still not being drilled and oil companies are saying the Bakken fields have matured, and now the new big oil fields are in west Texas. I know there is still more potential in the Bakken fields but most is still off line.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 03:07 PM

As for the high price get some oil stocks to hedge the cost. Exxon up today again over 2% Chevron is up 1.8% The oil companies are loving us to death.
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 04:05 PM

5.05 for diesel here. 3.99 gor reg unleaded.

It was 3.29 for gas and 3.15 for diesel 4 days ago
Posted By: run

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 05:07 PM

$4.38 for off road diesel. $4.79 for on road diesel. Gas $3.99 Dyke,VA.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 06:23 PM

Im not agreeing with Biden administration on green energy though it will be part of the makeup of energy consumption. The point Im trying to make is Biden or anyone person is responsible for the increase in fuel prices.

Yes, alternative energy sources will eventually be part, perhaps a large part, of future energy consumption. Some of us would prefer that to happen, where advancements in alternative energy make it more efficient, out competing fossil fuels in a free market. Of course Biden is not totally responsible for the increase in fuel prices, but anyone capable of looking at this objectively knows that his energy policies, including stopping the Keystone pipeline, are intended to artificially inflate oil prices to make "green energy" appear an affordable alternative.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 06:30 PM

Today at the pump.

Attached picture 7AF9F388-7D5D-488C-8564-94D9DE296F94.jpeg
Posted By: adam m

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 06:32 PM

Went to Costco earlier, not sure what was worse, the $0.53 increase in 5 days $3.69 today or the massive line. I've never seen the line so long I didn't get gas. It was probably a 30 minute wait
Posted By: canebrake

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 06:35 PM

Build Back Better!

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 07:23 PM

yeah saw costco line in Colorado people filling up jugs again 4 wheeled bombs.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 07:32 PM

When democrats can chase a burnt out stump like Ozzy Osborne out of the country, you have to be pretty dense to support what he can see is over the top.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 07:38 PM

Was in town this morning, gas $4.95 diesel $5.29
Posted By: aknome

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 09:07 PM

US Gas Prices have gone up 15% since the Ukraine was invaded.
This is the rare case where One person is responsible.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 09:15 PM

$4.25 for regular this morning.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/07/22 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Increase in transportation cost will raise the cost of all goods due that cost being a pass through cost to consumers. Consumers having less money left buy less leads to less demand for products. Less demand for products = producesr cut back= lay offs. Layoffs = even less money to be spent compounding the problem.

We are not only going to see a recession but likely a full blown depression. That's without adding in the grain shortage and rising imput cost to farm adding to food cost pointed out in other thread's.

The above is a good prediction of what may likely be coming.
There is much more to this situation than the price of gasoline at the pump.

Please understand that the controls on domestic producing oil wells can be adjusted to allow increased production. That depends upon all subsequent transportation and refining.

Is there a direct causation? Yes, the current incompetent elected officials mismanagement and also their intentional damage to the fossil fuel petroleum industry.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 02:29 AM

$3.89 to $4.14 in 1 day, where this crazy stuff go? $4.50, $5,6-7-8-9 gallon? Ppl go broke, quadruple inflation
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 02:42 PM

Was 3.49 when I went out of town on Thursday.
Came back Sunday and 4.27

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by aknome
US Gas Prices have gone up 15% since the Ukraine was invaded.
This is the rare case where One person is responsible.

And it's being done on purpose. I case you missed his VP and Transportation sec. speak, they don't care, its building back better plan I action.

https://deneenborelli.com/2022/03/w...s-pete-buttigieg-push-electric-vehicles/
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 03:08 PM

$4.19 here this morning.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 06:35 PM

$4.49. Pulled in to fill the tank and the sign said $4.29, started to pump the gas and looked at the sign and now it said $4.49. They must have heard the news that Biden was going to ban Russian oil imports.
Posted By: WIHAWK76

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 06:52 PM

If Russian oil only makes up 8% of our oil needed, why is the price skyrocketing even past Obama's high gas prices.

We are getting played by those we have " Elected "

Wake up, they are not working for us.

Diesel has went up over 2 dollars here in 2 weeks.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 07:04 PM

Next week it will be over $4.00 up here in the upper midwest $3.99 today,I'm not sure if it will stay under $4.00 even this week.Between our leader and dumb arsses that think they can change everything to green in a snap of a finger have no clue.Green is good to keep trying to get the country less dependant on oil,however they forget what all is involved in the their green world.......I'm not sure their green will work anytime time with much success in the COLD climates,some people just need to be kicked in the head HARD so they can live in a real world not their fantasy world......Start drilling baby and fix our border to start with!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: aknome

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 08:14 PM

Modern society and the world's population cannot survive without oil; at least not for many years. Way beyond my lifetime. I don't agree with Biden's policies but I'm not pretending we can go back to whatever version of America we'd prefer.
We have become a gimme society; gimme high wages and low prices on the stuff I want. And I want it Now.

In 1993 gas averaged $1.10 Who wants a job at 1993 wages? In July 2008 $4.11 December 2008 $1.75
What happens in the World Economy has an effect on your wallet. Not just what's happening in the US.
It takes time and big bucks to get oil out of the ground. I'm happy the oil fields in the US are back working.
But increased production takes time. Yes, it helps to have an administration with positive policies.

But one guy wanting to redo the map in Europe may make it all a moot point.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by aknome
We have become a gimme society; gimme high wages and low prices on the stuff I want. And I want it Now.

Americans think they're entitled to a life of ease forgetting the rest of the animal kingdom (atheists/evolutionists in mind) has to toil for survival. Having said that, there's no reason to make life harder than what it needs to be. No one makes life harder than Democrats.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/08/22 10:06 PM

Time to reopen the oil patch.
Back in the early 80s Wyoming oil wells that were no longer profitable were reopened providing much needed oil and good paying jobs.
just
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 12:24 AM

Those that can should switch over to public transportation, ie: Bus, Train, maybe ride a bike, all the little things you can do to survive.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 01:23 AM

Need 3 26" balloon tires for my dads schwinn.
just

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 01:31 AM

$4.29 for regular gasoline Elkton,VA.
Posted By: RRW

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 02:07 AM

I’d have say what you said is right on.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 02:29 AM

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 02:33 AM

Likely be $4.49 by Sunday, next weekend , 4.99, thanks binden, just like tax returns, total scre job, take gasoline along when get returns figgure, take gasoline along for everything u pay on , my natural gas for heat is way up
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Those that can should switch over to public transportation, ie: Bus, Train, maybe ride a bike, all the little things you can do to survive.

Yep -- another fine for the city pukes- lets punish those rural hillbillies.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Likely be $4.49 by Sunday, next weekend , 4.99, thanks binden, just like tax returns, total scre job, take gasoline along when get returns figgure, take gasoline along for everything u pay on , my natural gas for heat is way up

If it's stays under $5 per gallon, I will be happy .
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
Originally Posted by BigBob

Yep -- another fine for the city pukes- lets punish those rural hillbillies.

Can't have those independ people in the country growing food and raising live stock. Got to make it so the must move into the city so they can be controlled.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke - 03/09/22 03:14 AM

$5 gallon is terrible , it well drive up everthing prices, no the welfare recipients it won't bother at all, the street assement project start in April we'll make this a very terrible year, $11 k bill, to bad some the tornados around wouldn't hit city hall , blow some stuff out here
© 2024 Trapperman Forums