[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 06:19 PM

Go get em
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Go get em

Thanks.The planning is in the process. Might be this year.Might be next year but eventually it will be every year God willing.

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 07:29 PM

God willing is correct
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 07:50 PM

Do they have a coyote worth catching?
Posted By: hippie

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 07:52 PM

I had that kind of plan for Maine. Went hunting 4 years in a row and then 2 trapping, learning the lay of the land figuring on an every year thing.
Then the libs pretty much pulled the rug out from under that plan.

I hope yours works out Bruce, don't wait too long!

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

I don't target coyotes......BobcatsBobcatsBobcats,BobcatsBobcats and grey fox grin

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
I had that kind of plan for Maine. Went hunting 4 years in a row and then 2 trapping, learning the lay of the land figuring on an every year thing.
Then the libs pretty much pulled the rug out from under that plan.

I hope yours works out Bruce, don't wait too long!

Thanks.Sorry Maine did that to you.

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

I don't target coyotes......BobcatsBobcatsBobcats,BobcatsBobcats and grey fox grin

Did not think you could?

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 07:55 PM

As a resident I can

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 07:58 PM

Will work summers here in Maine for six months then live in Nevada for six months getting my residency there in Nevada.

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 08:04 PM

Showgirl in the off season? laugh

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 08:09 PM

Work at Baxter State Park here in Maine then something for some work in Nevada and trap.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 08:32 PM

There are decent coyotes with an occasional heart stopper. Not quite Montana or Saskatchewan quality, but worth taking care of !

Re: Nevada - 03/05/22 08:36 PM

Showgirl in the off season? laugh

blush
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 02:37 AM

There's some good sections,
Posted By: Northernbeaver

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 03:02 AM

Living the dream. Something I am tempted to venture towards in my old age.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 03:13 AM

I shot a coyote in northern Nevada one time that scared the crap outa of me. Had markings just like a husky and I was afraid I'd shot somebody's dog. I also participated one year in the World Calling contest in Elko and saw a lot of very nice coyotes brought in.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 03:19 AM

Will work summers here in Maine for six months then live in Nevada for six months getting my residency there in Nevada.

Will you have to maintain a residence (rent or own) in Nevada year round even though you will be working a seasonal job in Maine for 6 months?
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by white dog

Will you have to maintain a residence (rent or own) in Nevada year round even though you will be working a seasonal job in Maine for 6 months?

I think its 1 year in state or primarily in state to become a resident
Posted By: All33

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 05:18 AM

Be very careful playing the residency game. You can't be a resident in two states at the same time in any circumstances that I'm aware of outside of military and full-time college students in selected states. Vehicle registration, voter registration, state taxes paid, valid domicile not just a PO Box, utilities, and resident permit privileges are easily looked into. Rest assured the Game Wardens will do just that. Not a good idea to get cats tagged in Nevada with Maine plates on a vehicle, trailer or registration numbers on an ATV or side by side for example. Just a few things to consider. I used to make a living unraveling what folks did that played both sides of the fence.

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 02:16 PM

Will buy a piece of land in Nevada,live there,Get drivers license there,register truck there,and register to vote there. Have elctric bill and residency there as well.

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 02:20 PM

That's a Plan
Posted By: All33

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 05:19 PM

Good deal! Good luck and tight chains.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 05:37 PM

Easy enough to do, usually. Check the state regs carefully, each state is different on residency requirements. But, as a general rule you can have as many domiciles as you want, in as many states as you want, but only one residence.

Re: Nevada - 03/06/22 07:06 PM

Thanks everyone.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 01:24 AM

Maybe you can hook up with Claude Dallas and do some bobcat trapping. He knows the country pretty well.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Maybe you can hook up with Claude Dallas and do some bobcat trapping. He knows the country pretty well.

wink

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 02:36 AM

The internet said he’s been spotted in the Alaska wilderness. He’s probably trapping lynx somewhere near McGrath.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by All33
Be very careful playing the residency game. You can't be a resident in two states at the same time in any circumstances that I'm aware of outside of military and full-time college students in selected states. Vehicle registration, voter registration, state taxes paid, valid domicile not just a PO Box, utilities, and resident permit privileges are easily looked into. Rest assured the Game Wardens will do just that. Not a good idea to get cats tagged in Nevada with Maine plates on a vehicle, trailer or registration numbers on an ATV or side by side for example. Just a few things to consider. I used to make a living unraveling what folks did that played both sides of the fence.

Me too^^^

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 03:31 AM

That would be nice

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by All33

Me too^^^

Never said I was going to be a resident of two diffrent states.I will be a resident of Nevada and a nonresident of Maine.My plates will be Nevada.My drivers license will be Nevada.I will be registered to vote in Nevada.I can own land in as many states as I want.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 03:51 AM

Bruce I think most on here are just cautioning you to be very careful as the laws can be easily missed to create an issue when it comes to residence. It might be one lenght of time to qualify as a resident for one thing and another length for something else. Thats why i posted i thought it was a year for hunting and fishing in Nevada. Especially if your primary work source is 6 months in another state.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Bruce I think most on here are just cautioning you to be very careful as the laws can be easily missed to create an issue when it comes to residence. It might be one lenght of time to qualify as a resident for one thing and another length for something else. Thats why i posted i thought it was a year for hunting and fishing in Nevada. Especially if your primary work source is 6 months in another state.

From what I have read most states are 3 to 6 months.I will know more when I actually get out there and see for myself.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 04:35 AM

In Nevada you must change drivers license and vehicle registration before 3 months, however must have year before you can get resident hunting privileges. I looked in to Alaska and you can't be out of Alaska more then 4 months without giving up residency. Those rules were done to stop this exact type of thing. There have been 2 LEO/game wardens say on this thread that this is watched closely .

I wish you luck and hit me up when you get here and we'll talk trapping and hunting and fishing.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 04:41 AM

In Nevada you must change drivers license and vehicle registration before 3 months, however must have year before you can get resident hunting privileges. I looked in to Alaska and you can't be out of Alaska more then 4 months without giving up residency. Those rules were done to stop this exact type of thing. There have been 2 LEO/game wardens say on this thread that this is watched closely .

I wish you luck and hit me up when you get here and we'll talk trapping and hunting and fishing.

Good Advice

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 04:52 AM

Every state is diffrent.Why I need to get out there and find out myself as alot of people will tell a person what they think is right.I have a brother inlaw who lives in Kansas and Maine and is a resident of Kansas and not Maine.Another brother inlaw who lives in Connecticut and Maine and is a resident of Connecticut. I know for a fact that if a person has a lifetime hunting license from one state and moves to another state he can keep his lifetime hunting license from the first state.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 04:54 AM

Every state is diffrent.Why I need to get out there and find out myself as alot of people will tell a person what they think is right.I have a brother inlaw who live in Kansas and Maine and is a resident of Kansas and not Maine.Another brother inlaw who lives in Connecticut and Maine and is a resident of Connecticut. I know for a fact that if a person has a lifetime hunting license from one state and moves to another state he can keep his lifetime hunting license from the first state.

Well then....

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 04:55 AM

And thanks for the offer.Will do.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 05:06 AM

There you go
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 05:34 AM

I know for a fact that if a person has a lifetime hunting license from one state and moves to another state he can keep his lifetime hunting license from the first state.

That would definitely be untrue in Alaska:

Alaska residents who are 60 years of age or older and meet the Department of Fish and Game’s residency definition are eligible for a permanent identification card in order to hunt, sport fish, or trap for free. Also, you are not required to purchase a king salmon stamp to fish for king salmon or an Alaska state conservation stamp to hunt waterfowl.

Applicants must be physically present in the State of Alaska to apply.

If at any time a senior resident card holder is no longer a resident of the State of Alaska, their card is immediately void.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 05:45 AM

The Alaska license was conditional when gifted and wasn’t purchased.

Apples and oranges.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 05:54 AM

Are you sure it’s not 180 days?
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 05:57 AM

I wonder were the murderer is living now. Complete scumbag.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 06:09 AM

Are you sure it’s not 180 days?

Just Googled it and its 180 days prior to license which is required to apply so almost a year to hunt. But the question is how long out of state before you don't qualify for residence licenses

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 06:26 AM

You have to reside in Alaska for a calendar year to become a resident and receive a resident license, if you leave for more than 180 days you lose your residency and get to start over again.

You don’t have to wait any minimum time period to hunt. Alaska sells over the counter non-resident hunting licenses for most game species. Just stay off my lawn. Lol

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 01:08 PM

Just found this
How long do I have to live in Nevada to be considered a resident?
You do not have to be in your new state for 183 days — just outside the former state for 183 days.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 01:45 PM

Step 1 - Establish Your Residential Address
According to the Nevada DMV Residency & Proof of Identity page, you'll need two documents to prove your Nevada residential address. Both documents must be original and show your name and Nevada residential address.

There are more than 20 documents from which to choose to prove Nevada residency. One of them is:

A "record from a hotel, motel, recreational vehicle park or campground located in Nevada indicating no fewer than 30 days of consecutive residency"

The address of this campground will become your new residential address.

The second document we used was the DMV 005 - Certification of Nevada Residency form, which we downloaded from the Residency & Proof of Identity page.

Once you've found a place in Nevada that suits you, it's time to rent your space for at least 30 days.

Step 2 - Obtain Your Nevada Driver's License
Now that you'll be settled for at least a month, you'll have plenty of time to get your new driver's license and register your vehicles in your new home state. Expect to make at least a couple of trips to your local DMV office while establishing your Nevada domicile.

For your Real ID compliant driver's license you will need:

the two documents that prove your Nevada residential address (referenced above)
your current Driver's License or ID Card
proof of ID: your valid, unexpired Passport, original Birth Certificate, or any out-of-state Real ID
proof of Social Security Number: your original Social Security Card, W-2, IRS Form 1099, or a paystub
proofs of all name changes
a completed Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card (DMV 002) (This form is also available at the DMV.)
corrective lenses, if needed. You will receive an eye exam.
some form of payment: cash, check or credit card. As of 2017, most Nevada driver's licenses are valid for 8 years and cost $42.25. Licenses issued to those 65 and older will be valid for 4 years and cost $18.25.
Bring the above items to your local DMV office and you should have no problem getting your new Real ID compliant Nevada driver's license. If you wish, you can also register to vote in your new Nevada County by completing the Voter Registration Application on the last page of the Application for Driving Privileges.
Step 3 - Register Your Vehicles
In order to register your vehicle in Nevada, you must first obtain vehicle insurance from a Nevada-licensed carrier. Out-of-state insurance is not accepted. The new carrier will require proof of continuous coverage from your current insurance company. This can usually be handled with a few simple phone calls.

Your first trip to the DMV is a good time to get a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspection for one of your vehicles. You'll need a VIN inspection for each vehicle you wish to register in Nevada.

It is not necessary to have the title to your vehicle to register it in Nevada. You WILL need the current registration, though.

To register each vehicle, you'll need:

a Nevada Evidence of Insurance card or policy information
a Nevada Smog Certificate, if required. For more information see Nevada Emissions Testing Areas.
your current registration and license plates (Remove & bring in.)
tools you'll need to detach/attach your license plates
residential and mailing addresses of all registered owners
the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspection Certificate
some form of payment: cash, check or credit card. You can estimate your vehicle registration fees by entering your VIN into Nevada's Online Fee Estimate tool.
After your vehicles are insured and registered in Nevada, you are officially a Nevada resident. You're now free to move about the country and when someone asks "Where you from?" you can honestly answer, "Nevada!"

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 01:51 PM

Are you going to keep a vehicle registered in Maine for when you're there...or?

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 01:56 PM

Are you going to keep a vehicle registered in Maine for when you're there...or?

No.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 02:18 PM

Mandatory Thing to Establish a Residency in Nevada
Certain things can be considered important for establishing residency in a State. The mandatory thing to establish residency is your residential address. Your residential address represents your physical location; therefore, you must choose a place in Nevada that can be established as a permanent physical location. The commercial address for the mail forwarding service is not accepted as a residential address. Moreover, your residential zip code is used for all sorts of legal things, such as

State’s driver’s license and vehicle registration

Source: en.wikipedia.org
Where you vote
Smog inspection of vehicles
When paying the income taxes
When paying for insurance rates
All the matters related to financial institutions
To understand the basic terms and get more information regarding establishing residency in Nevada, visit this page.
Choose Your Domicile State
Another important thing is to choose Nevada as your domicile state. To select your domicile state, you have to follow three easy steps:

1. Establishing The Residential Address

Source: sunautoservice.com
According to Nevada DMV Proof of Identity and Residency, you need at least two documents to prove your residential address for Nevada’s residency. The two documents must be in original form and must show your name and Nevada residential address.

Record of residency
One of the documents is a record from the hotel, campground, or recreational vehicle park that must be located in Nevada, indicating at least 30 days of uninterrupted residency. The record of residency in any of the places mentioned above will be considered your new residential address.

Certification of Nevada Residency
The second document you can use is DMV 005 – Certification of Nevada Residency Form, which you can download from the Residency & Proof of Identity page.

2. Get Nevada’s Driver’s License

Source: hip2save.com
Once settled for a month in Nevada, get your new driver’s license and register your vehicle. Also, pay a couple of visits to the local DMV office. If you also want to get yourself registered for a vote in Nevada, you have to complete the Voter registration application on the last page of the Application for driving privileges.

3. Register Your Vehicles

Source: economical.com
To register your vehicle, you must get a vehicle insurance form from a Nevada licensed carrier. You also need to get a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspection for vehicles you want to register. Once your vehicle is insured and registered, you are officially a Nevada resident.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 02:23 PM

Dot your "i" s & cross your "t"s

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 02:24 PM

Dot your "i" s & cross your "t"s

Yep.Want to do everything all legal.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 02:31 PM

cool
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 03:05 PM

Went through all of this last June, one little hiccup though if you had to use a Vegas DMV, there was a 3 month wait. Luckily, I was able to use a different office. That may not be the case now, with the Fauci flu winding down.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

I wonder were the murderer is living now. Complete scumbag.

Last I heard he was in Oregon, but haven't talked to anybody who has seen him for a few years. Also, I have known or met quite a few older people who knew either Claude Dallas or Bill Pogue. To a man every single one of them was in support of Dallas. I personally was just a youngster at the time and have never met either person, although I have spent some time in Bull Basin. I find it interesting that every single person I've known or met that knew one or both of the main people in the incident (pretty much everybody agrees that Elms was just a young guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time) supported and believed Dallas.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 03:35 PM

Nevada is the quickie divorce capital of the US, Have to be a resident. That’s why the in State time period is only 30 days. A man could build up a pretty good collection of X wives fast.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 08:29 PM

Now the resident hunting and trapping part.What I have found so far.

Nevada Hunting Laws Regulations
Types of Nevada Hunting Licenses
Nevada Resident
A resident is a person who has lived in Nevada for at least six months. Non-resident full-time students who attend an institution in Nevada for at least six months are considered residents.

Re: Nevada - 03/07/22 10:10 PM

Nevada is the quickie divorce capital of the US, Have to be a resident. That’s why the in State time period is only 30 days. A man could build up a pretty good collection of X wives fast.

If that's a Goal crazy grin
Posted By: jk

Re: Nevada - 03/08/22 12:06 AM

Wow that sounds like Europe not America.......jk
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Nevada - 03/08/22 01:29 AM

The Alaska license was conditional when gifted and wasn’t purchased.

Apples and oranges.

So what the AK lifetime license is still invalid relative to the statement I responded to:

I know for a fact that if a person has a lifetime hunting license from one state and moves to another state he can keep his lifetime hunting license from the first state.

If at any time a senior resident card holder is no longer a resident of the State of Alaska, their card is immediately void.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums