Home

REMEMBER THE ALAMO

Posted By: Bogmaster

REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 07:11 PM

On this day-March6,1836,mexican army under Santa Anna ,overwhelmed the 182 defenders of the Alamo. The attack took place at 5 A.M. on day 13 of the siege.
The defenders were awakened from their sleep and were able to repulse the first 2 attack waves but were unable to stop the 3rd.
After the walls were breached,the surviving defenders dropped back into the long barracks and other buildings .The Mexicans used the forts own cannons against the defenders. By 6:30 the fighting was over--David Crocket,James Bowie,William Travis and all those that fought with them were dead.The Mexican army suffered an estimated 600 casualties.
It would be a few weeks before Santa Anna was defeated by Sam Houstons army at San Jacinto in a battle that was less than an hour long.
The battle cry there was --REMEMBER THE ALAMO,and that they did. As some of us do on this date every year.
Those men were all-truly heroes--don't forget them ,or what they did.
Tom
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 07:15 PM

Never.........R.I.P.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 07:24 PM

Thanks for the reminder.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 07:35 PM

Remember the Alamo
Rest in peace Patriots
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 07:56 PM

Thanks for the reminder, real men back then.
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 08:10 PM

True heroes for me.
Remember the Alamo!
Posted By: Chancey

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 08:35 PM

Thanks Bogmaster. We owe so much to this great state due to our Tennessee and Kentucky Brethren. Wouldn't be the Texas it is, without them.

An interesting timeline on important days in Texas History if interested......

https://texasproud.com/early-texas-history-timeline/?amp
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 08:36 PM

Yep. Remember the Alamo
Posted By: Towman

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 08:47 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by la4wd54
Thanks for the reminder, real men back then.

Yes
Remember the Alamo
Posted By: Savell

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/06/22 08:52 PM

Great post Mr. Bogmaster

..... proud to come from that stock ! ... sad what has become of their efforts... a refuge for mescins, yanks and californians now...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 02:48 AM

I have said it before--the only thing on my bucket list: make it to San Antonio and visit the Alamo.
I have read everything I can find on the battle for over 60 years, I never get tired of trying to find out all I can on Crockett and those that went with them.
Tom
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 02:58 AM

Pawpaw took me there when I was 9-10. Remember it like it was yesterday. Remember the Alamo
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
I have said it before--the only thing on my bucket list: make it to San Antonio and visit the Alamo.
I have read everything I can find on the battle for over 60 years, I never get tired of trying to find out all I can on Crockett and those that went with them.
Tom

Might have to get on a plane yet lol.
Posted By: warrior

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 04:09 AM

Travis is still remembered back home in Alabama. His house still stands.

https://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/travishome.html
Posted By: crossfox21

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 04:24 AM

Let us also remember that Santa Ana legally sold a portion of his own country to the U.S. Government to save his own skin.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 06:29 AM

Visited the Alamo in 2013. Glad I went.

Texas, the Alamo, and the battle of San Jacinto are a bit of a hike from my neck of the woods... Seems kind of strange that Sam Houston, before he left for TX, may have hunted, trapped, and traded on some of the same soil I've hunted and trapped on...

https://oksenate.gov/education/senate-artwork/nathaniel-pryor-and-sam-houston-three-forks

Mike
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 05:18 PM

And now we allow them to take over with hardly a shot fired
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Travis is still remembered back home in Alabama. His house still stands.

https://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/travishome.html

Funny they haven't torn it down like they did with historic statues

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 03/07/22 05:27 PM

Much blood would be shed,if anyone messed with the Alamo.
Remember when a drunken Ozzy osborn,relieved himself on the outside wall of the Alamo. I believe he is banned in Texas for life,and he was awful lucky thats all that happened to him.
I also remember when guards watched over the Alamo at night ,to prevent any problems.
Tom
Posted By: KeithC

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 05/19/23 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Visited the Alamo in 2013. Glad I went.

Texas, the Alamo, and the battle of San Jacinto are a bit of a hike from my neck of the woods... Seems kind of strange that Sam Houston, before he left for TX, may have hunted, trapped, and traded on some of the same soil I've hunted and trapped on...

https://oksenate.gov/education/senate-artwork/nathaniel-pryor-and-sam-houston-three-forks

Mike

I was on www.familysearch.org tonight, looking at my pedigree and saw a lot of Houstons, so I decided to look to see if I was related to Sam Houston. Sam Houston's great grandparents, John Houston and Mary Margaret Cunningham are my 9th great grandparents. It's likely Sam Houston is a cousin of mine on his mother's side too because I also have Paxtons and Nees living in Pennsylvania, Virginia and Maryland at the same time his ancestors were.

Keith
Posted By: jalstat

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 05/19/23 08:35 AM

Been there twice very interesting place to visit
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: REMEMBER THE ALAMO - 05/19/23 10:59 AM

And now the ones they fought and died by are now taking everything and more without a struggle. Dang Libturd Demonrats!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums