Home

Gauntlets

Posted By: Howell Bros

Gauntlets - 03/07/22 12:56 AM

Looking for some quick advice on gauntlets for beaver trapping. What brand do you have success with? Mine all puncture between my thumb and index finger. If brand isn't the issue, can I do anything to prevent this? I prefer non insulated gloves because they easier to dry when wet.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 01:07 AM

I use Big Game gut gloves, they make an non insulated and an insulated version. They have elastic in the end of the sleeves that help keep them up on your arms.
Posted By: bowhunterks

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 01:07 AM

Less then $10.00 at harbor freight. [Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 01:23 AM

One new pair each spring polar paws or The stiffer green ones
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 01:36 AM

Every pair I’ve had never made it a full check without getting a hole in them . The harbor freight pair is what I’ve starting buying because I put to many holes in the expensive ones .
Posted By: skratmandoo

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 01:42 AM

I use the edmont wiilson uninsulated gauntlets, try to have at least two pairs on hand, and when I get them new I take sand paper and lightly scuff the area you mentioned, cause thats where i get leaks, too, and then put a fairly thick coating of aqua seal on that area. Has to be aqua seal, not reg shoe goo, aqua seal stays somewhat flexible. I also like it to cure out for at least a day prior to use, also. Repeat as necessary.
Posted By: nate

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 02:02 AM

Edmont and carry them till I'm ready to place the trap underwater.
Posted By: Howell Bros

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 02:10 AM

Thanks guys. Appreciate your time and responses. I'll try Edmont. Haven't tried those. Might grab a few of the harbor freight style too.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 03:05 AM

I’ve tried a few different brands over the years, but, for non insulated gauntlets, I’ve liked Atlas brand the most out of everything I’ve tried. They’re very comfortable and easy to work with.

Yes, they’ll eventually leak unless you’re really careful with them. I’ve used superglue to keep up with leaks in the past. You could reinforce a portion of them with short pieces of duct tape or something comparable if there’s a specific problem area.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 03:14 AM

I had a pair that I bought at Cumberlands, Edmont I think, and I got well more than 10 years out of them before I lost track of which pair they were. I like to have multiple pairs because I have on occasion put my arm down too deep and flooded them. Or done something else just as stupid to flood them. I always dried them out and made sure they were taken care of. I am told that this is an anomaly.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Gauntlets - 03/07/22 03:33 AM

Edmont Wilson should be better quality heavy duty one but no come with shoulder strap , I like cold Creek ins with shoulder strap, got be careful an 1 or 2 pr a season if careful even that many go thru
© 2024 Trapperman Forums