Home

Fuel Surcharge

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 02:45 PM

33.5%.

That shouldn’t have a negative effect on food and other items traveling by diesel. lol

Somebody make a tweet.
Posted By: capt.scott

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 02:54 PM

Go Joe.

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 02:55 PM

You mean go forum liberals!

And......

Fence sitters.
Posted By: trapper red 315

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 03:17 PM

I do not know where you got that but a lot of the truck drivers that I know aren't getting anything of a fuel surcharge in fact rates have gone down in the last two weeks

So if there's going to be any negative impact on the logistics side of things in the supply-side it's that fact that rates have gone down not a fuel surcharge

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 03:21 PM

I guess they are in the wrong line of work then.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 03:43 PM

Fuel is surging and trucker rates are going down, that makes no sense.

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Fuel is surging and trucker rates are going down, that makes no sense.

Democrat math.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:14 PM

Estimates I gave last week included a fuel surcharge and all the clients were ok with the price.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:29 PM

I got fuel oil delivered yesterday and no surcharge. $3.78 gallon. #1 fuel oil!

Diesel at the pump here according to gas buddy is $3.57 to $4.19! Big differences will change when all current supplies even out probably!

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap

My nephew is a logger and had offroad diesel delivered yesterday $5.25/gallon. The supplier said it will be $6/gallon in 2 weeks. He went and got 2 extra 250 gallon tanks and had them filled. He will park equipment at $6/gallon. The ride has not even begun yet!
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:37 PM

When we owned our restaurant one of the beer delivery warehouses was 7 miles away and he had 6 to 8 stops in town. Had a 5 dollar surcharge on my bill every week, never paid it and they never pushed it.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:38 PM

I knew an old preacher that used to wake up on Sunday morning and would have 5 gal of drip sitting in his yard. It was the difference in making it to church or not going, so he went.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by mike mason

My nephew is a logger and had offroad diesel delivered yesterday $5.25/gallon. The supplier said it will be $6/gallon in 2 weeks. He went and got 2 extra 250 gallon tanks and had them filled. He will park equipment at $6/gallon. The ride has not even begun yet!

Wow
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by mike mason

Man he got took... We filled our tanks on the farm this morning at 3.66. The one fuel station in town here still has road diesel at 4.79 but they are the cheapest by about 20cents.

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:52 PM

He is in the middle of nowhere in PA.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:57 PM

Had a long chat with the owner of one of the trucking companies I use, he was telling me that the prices he is seeing is rite around $5,00 per gallon ( long haul). He had 2 trucks in Kansas last week that fueled up 40 minutes apart for a 40 cent deference in price as it went up that much between trucks.

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 05:58 PM

No matter what we’re paying now this administration is absolutely going to drive oil prices up and punish all of us that use oil. Be prepared for $8.00 a gallon oil and for us who depend on oil to run our businesses be prepared to make the decision when its enough!

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 07:03 PM

I’ll take my punishment knowing many of those that voted for it are going to suffer a little bit more.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 07:06 PM

My call volume this week = 0. Quite unusual. Next week is nice weather, if we don't get calls next week during the nice weather I'll be expecting some hard times.
Posted By: cmj

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 07:06 PM

I dont know about long haul rates but my local triaxle rates just went up. Im hoping to be able to afford to fill the tank every day still.
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by trapper red 315
I do not know where you got that but a lot of the truck drivers that I know aren't getting anything of a fuel surcharge in fact rates have gone down in the last two weeks

So if there's going to be any negative impact on the logistics side of things in the supply-side it's that fact that rates have gone down not a fuel surcharge

It wouldn't surprise me if a gear grinder doesn't see fuel surcharges. Many of the drivers that I consider friends don't benefit from the surcharges I've paid. They are surprised to find out their employers are shorting them.

I am curious, who are you driving for?

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 07:26 PM

Why should the driver benefit from a surcharge to keep the truck running?
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 07:40 PM

If you’re not paying for the fuel then you shouldn’t benefit from a fuel surcharge which is intended to cover the sometimes daily increased cost of fuel. There isn’t any other way to respond to the increases. It’s not cheap having Joe President.

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Why should the driver benefit from a surcharge to keep the truck running?

Why should they. They have no risk. The company owner bears all the risk!
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/08/22 11:47 PM

IDK whose name is on the card that pays for the diesel going in that tank. I do know the owner/operator doesn't see the premium we pay for a heavy chassis. Pocketing that fee without providing the heavy chassis puts the owner/operator at risk for an extreme overweight ticket.

My comment above was meant for trapper red 315. I suspect he is a long hauler and takes whatever run is offered.

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/09/22 12:11 AM

Am I in a time warp? Right now is a truckers market. A local company here struggles to get them covered each day. So much to do OOs are picking and choosing where they go and where they don’t. Ages so outrageous they made me want to go buy a rig and get in on it.
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/09/22 12:26 AM

B-11 road fuel this morning was 5.10 delivered to my farm. Ouch. Let’s go Brandon
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/09/22 12:28 AM

Did they ever remove the ones from the last time? (UPS and such)

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/09/22 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Did they ever remove the ones from the last time? (UPS and such)

No. lol
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/09/22 12:50 AM

Saw a guy in St Louis this morning cursing Biden at the top of his lungs while filling his car with gas. Nobody was listening, he was just venting. I saw gas in NE yesterday for 3.74 and today I paid 4.09 in Tennessee. Illinois is out of their mind and some diesel was posted at 4.59.
Posted By: trapper red 315

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/09/22 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by wildflights
Originally Posted by trapper red 315

It wouldn't surprise me if a gear grinder doesn't see fuel surcharges. Many of the drivers that I consider friends don't benefit from the surcharges I've paid. They are surprised to find out their employers are shorting them.

I am curious, who are you driving for?

I drive for a large yogurt company out of N.Y.

my friends who still own trucks have been telling me brokers have been very tight with rates, I remember a decade plus ago when fuel was 4bucks plus a gallon in the northeast, made money back then in my o/o days
many loads paying less than 2 weeks ago
friends who drive company trucks, have been saying that their bosses have been complaining that rates are tight

talking with OTR drivers while waiting for paperwork has been amusing, I dont believe half of what those guys claim, but heard everything from rates doubled to not making enough to even send money home
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Fuel Surcharge - 03/09/22 01:38 AM

It’s called communism gentleman. Make the average man suffer and explain to him your fixing it
© 2024 Trapperman Forums