Home

World Politics

Posted By: Paul Dobbins

World Politics - 03/09/22 12:28 PM

Whenever this crap is over with Russia and Ukraine, we'll get back to no politics. Right now there's a need for it on here, but it's only a temporary deal. I should have made this post awhile ago. Any conversations involving politics will remain civil. There's always been a bit of a gray area when it comes to politics on here, and at times I've been lenient about the rule, because I felt some things needed to be said.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 12:34 PM

Many thanks Paul. The TMan threads are a microcosm of us trappers.... all sorts. We're a brotherhood, whether or not we realize it.

Hey, Mrs. June and I will be set up next to you like the old days in MI this year. Joe gave us the premium spot next to Bossman!
Can't wait.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: 080808

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 12:40 PM

Paul. Well said. As a nation it is difficult to step forward with a high degree of fighting with each other.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 12:46 PM

Thanks Paul, this is the only place I get news and also express my thoughts for others opinions on them. It's one place I trust to expose flaws in my theories and at times eat some crow. There is nowhere else I know of with a such a diverse group with so vast backgrounds. Not only that but everyone's opinions and thought I respect enough to consider even if I ultimately determine to disagree with them. Most other places those different views I quickly discard without much if any consideration. I can only figure the difference here is I actually respect those here and that respect transfers over to consideration of different view points. It's good for me to reevaluate my views. About the same as staying close to my church family helps keep me accountable and on the correct path if that nakes any since.
Posted By: run

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 12:46 PM

Thank you, Paul.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 12:47 PM

we are sure enough making sausage
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 12:58 PM

Be glad when all this is over also.Either you Paul or Mark attend any trapping conventions closer then Michigan to Maine?

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:01 PM

Yep, even though people go back and forth on here, America is built upon the foundation of the back and forth.
As soon as it isn't, turn off the lights.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Whenever this crap is over with Russia and Ukraine, we'll get back to no politics. Right now there's a need for it on here, but it's only a temporary deal. I should have made this post awhile ago. Any conversations involving politics will remain civil. There's always been a bit of a gray area when it comes to politics on here, and at times I've been lenient about the rule, because I felt some things needed to be said.

Very True
Especially thankful right now with Tman being my News source

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Be glad when all this is over also.Either you Paul or Mark attend any trapping conventions closer then Michigan to Maine?

Ohio this year. Can't make PA but hope to again in the future. All the conventions occur each year in a short window and we pick and choose.
PA is one of our biggest states, as far as sales, same as NY and we miss the folks there.
A lot.

I need to get back there and stir up some good trouble!

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:05 PM

New York, Labor Day weekend.
Posted By: Posco

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Very True

Same here. Most of the folks here help me maintain my faith in my fellow countrymen. Times have never been more perilous.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:18 PM

Thanks Paul, crazy times we live in and unfortunately politics are affecting each and everyone of us right now. Even the hunting, fishing, and trapping industry has been effected. Northern BC just lost almost all their moose hunting and even Yukon outfitters are fighting for their livelihoods. Some have given up and sold out. Never seen anything like it.

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:22 PM

New York, Labor Day weekend.

Might be able to go to that one.Got to check with Baxter State Park about time off then.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:28 PM

It's related to trapping cause Russia use to buy ALOT of our fur!

Not sure how well convention's will be attended this summer with 6.00 a gallon gas, maybe everyone will have their electric car/truck by then.

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper

Not sure how well convention's will be attended this summer with 6.00 a gallon gas, maybe everyone will have their electric car/truck by then.

Don't know if I can get a electrical cord that long
Posted By: Redknot

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:37 PM

Thanks for the outlet, Paul...I was actually getting a little mad on here, and checked out yesterday because of it...This is a tough time for many...
Posted By: whartonrattrappe

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:44 PM

Might be able to go to that one.Got to check with Baxter State Park about time off then.

I knew you would change your mind about NY! laugh wink

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by whartonrattrappe

I knew you would change your mind about NY! laugh wink

Leave my guns at home wink
Posted By: adam m

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 01:56 PM

Thanks Paul
Posted By: mike mason

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 02:03 PM

Thanks, Paul. I believe people are scared and unsure of what the future with the lack of leadership in our country. This gives them an avenue to vent/unload.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 02:18 PM

Thanks Paul.... i get a broad perspective on things on trapperman... i try not to post too much as i often stick my foot in mouth..
keeping a lid on all of us gotta be like herding cats !
Posted By: warrior

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June

Hey, Mrs. June and I will be set up next to you like the old days in MI this year. Joe gave us the premium spot next to Bossman!
Can't wait.

Blessings,
Mark

That should be good for sales.

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 02:30 PM

Warrior,
We've been set up next to Paul and we always enjoy a good neighbor. There have been times when Donna is spirited after encounters with Bossman's secret sauce wink depending on the pretty color.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 03:17 PM

Thanks boss, good call.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 03:28 PM

Thanks Paul

I was thinking yesterday when someone started a thread about this site is becoming political. Well I think that Trapper Talk is just that it’s what trappers have concerns about that’s why it has so many viewers.

If it’s trapping one wants there is Strictly Trapping that a member can go to if current affairs bothers you.

Letting civil views be express at this time is a good, IMO
Posted By: Posco

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Thanks Paul

I was thinking yesterday when someone started a thread about this site is becoming political. Well I think that Trapper Talk is just that it’s what trappers have concerns about that’s why it has so many viewers.

If it’s trapping one wants there is Strictly Trapping that a member can go to if current affairs bothers you.

I'm trying to tread carefully to avoid incurring the wrath of Paul, but I agree. He's been good about it and I appreciate it. I can't speak for the man but from what I've read, Paul is a patriot who doesn't much care for the direction the country is headed. I'm glad we have a platform to talk openly about it.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 04:55 PM

Thanks Boss. Tough times. Good Job.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 05:03 PM

Don't know if I can get a electrical cord that long

You will need to plan on a few extra days to get there with your electric car when you have to stop every 300 miles or so to re-charge.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Very True

Me too. Tman is one of my main news sources!
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Thanks Paul

I was going to comment, but you did a pretty dang good job of saying just what I was going to.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 05:24 PM

It seems to me on this and other forums that the ones that voted for him are the main ones that want to shut down discussion. I would really love to start seeing people say “ I made a big mistake”.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by kytrapper
It seems to me on this and other forums that the ones that voted for him are the main ones that want to shut down discussion. I would really love to start seeing people say “ I made a big mistake”.

Jellyfish
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by kytrapper

Probably beyond their abilities. You have to keep your expectations realistic.

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 05:57 PM

One more comment from me.

This is the coolest site on the internet. Whoever designed and implemented all the functions is just short of genius! Of course I came to the internet late in life, kicking and screaming but had to because it was required in my business so had to keep up on the times!

Being able to discuss many things on different threads with people with common interests is a real plus. The ignore button is good when opinions become personally toxic, perfect solution. The depth of this site is like no other but I must admit I don’t go anywhere else on line so probably a little bit ignorant.

Since us here in Alaska are 4 hours behind the east coast things have happened before we get up so going to TRAPPER MAN first thing in the morning for news and opinions is perfect. So many times things are happening close to a member and their information helps identify fake news!
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: World Politics - 03/09/22 11:59 PM

Thanks Paul, Quite crazy times we're in. Much rather fuss about dyeing and waxing v/s painting and dipping....
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: World Politics - 03/10/22 12:25 AM

Well there goes 40% of the posts crazy
Posted By: Scout1

Re: World Politics - 03/10/22 12:50 AM

Speaking of politics, where has James been? Miss seeing him on here.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: World Politics - 03/10/22 12:54 AM

Thanks Paul, let's hope it's over soon.
Casexx
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: World Politics - 03/10/22 02:47 AM

Bruce, once on the site, you should be ok. Between home & Frankfort keep your head down, chin tucked. Oh & carry a Big Stick....... Tut
Posted By: trapper les

Re: World Politics - 03/10/22 04:26 AM

Thanks for the green light, lol

I've been holding back a little.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: World Politics - 03/10/22 07:28 AM

I find Tman a great place to dissect the fake news with likeminded hunters and trappers all over the county. I know that was not the intention of this site, and thanks for the opportunity, but the political education is very important in America as we now see with the loss of our hunting and trapping rights,free speach, second amendment, schools and big tech brainwashing our youth.

I think a political section could work on here to help fight the fake news brainwashing us all, if rules were set in stone and the moderators neutral and steadfast.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: World Politics - 03/10/22 10:38 AM

$6? I don't think I've ever seen you so optimistic before. I suspect gas will be over $6 by Labor day.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: World Politics - 03/12/22 12:00 AM

Paul before wading into the comment sections of some of these threads..

[Linked Image]
crazy
Posted By: Marty

Re: World Politics - 03/12/22 01:23 AM

Your forum so your rules will apply, Paul.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: World Politics - 03/12/22 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Thanks Paul, this is the only place I get news and also express my thoughts for others opinions on them. It's one place I trust to expose flaws in my theories and at times eat some crow. There is nowhere else I know of with a such a diverse group with so vast backgrounds. Not only that but everyone's opinions and thought I respect enough to consider even if I ultimately determine to disagree with them. Most other places those different views I quickly discard without much if any consideration. I can only figure the difference here is I actually respect those here and that respect transfers over to consideration of different view points. It's good for me to reevaluate my views. About the same as staying close to my church family helps keep me accountable and on the correct path if that nakes any since.

Well stated.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: World Politics - 03/12/22 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Thanks Paul, crazy times we live in and unfortunately politics are affecting each and everyone of us right now. Even the hunting, fishing, and trapping industry has been effected. Northern BC just lost almost all their moose hunting and even Yukon outfitters are fighting for their livelihoods. Some have given up and sold out. Never seen anything like it.

Tell me more about BC. I’ve got a close family member in BC that goes north for moose on backcountry hunts. He’s a biologist and has told me nothing about this. I’m curious to know more before I ask him.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: World Politics - 03/12/22 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by amspoker
Paul before wading into the comment sections of some of these threads..

[Linked Image]
crazy

LIKE BUTTON!
Posted By: charles

Re: World Politics - 03/12/22 03:02 AM

I’d hate to go to war with Putin, but darn if he ain’t digging a big hole and inviting the free world to duke it out (or nuke it out).

I wonder where his boomer subs are now? What DEFCOM number are we at? Do you know Paul?
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: World Politics - 03/12/22 03:11 AM

Love this place and I try to abide by Paul’s rules. I, like OhSnap, often get my first bit of information about the day’s happenings on here. It’s far better than opening a news page early in your day.

Re: World Politics - 03/12/22 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
I find Tman a great place to dissect the fake news with likeminded hunters and trappers all over the county. I know that was not the intention of this site, and thanks for the opportunity, but the political education is very important in America as we now see with the loss of our hunting and trapping rights,free speach, second amendment, schools and big tech brainwashing our youth.

I think a political section could work on here to help fight the fake news brainwashing us all, if rules were set in stone and the moderators neutral and steadfast.

I agree and moderators neutral and steadfast….YES!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums