Home

Should I tell him ?

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:43 AM

Was just walking to the break room and there was kid standing by an isle lookin confused, looked to be about 18-19 think ,had a piece of paper and I stop and ask if he needs some help. Says yeah looks at the paper and reads off : he's looking for a can of A I R ,a skyhook ,and a left handed hammer. I looked at him and and before I can say something he about runs off and says he thinks he knows where to find the hammer....... Y'all think I should go try and find him after this break ooooorrrr laugh Kids motivated I'll give hime that
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:46 AM

He ran of didn't he .
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:50 AM

Nope send him off running around looking the rest of the night. Yes I saw a can of A I R up on the 9th floor boiler and a sky hot in the gang box out by the cooling tower.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:52 AM

The kid needs some help Wolfdog. Just not sure if you're qualified for that kind of help!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Was just walking to the break room and there was kid standing by an isle lookin confused, looked to be about 18-19 think ,had a piece of paper and I stop and ask if he needs some help. Says yeah looks at the paper and reads off : he's looking for a can of A I R ,a skyhook ,and a left handed hammer. I looked at him and and before I can say something he about runs off and says he thinks he knows where to find the hammer....... Y'all think I should go try and find him after this break ooooorrrr laugh Kids motivated I'll give hime that

I'd tell him. So he can get even

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Nope send him off running around looking the rest of the night. Yes I saw a can of A I R up on the 9th floor boiler and a sky hot in the gang box out by the cooling tower.

laugh

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

I'd tell him. So he can get even

Yeah leeme go try and find this kid grin

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:58 AM

You are no fun wolfdog.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:01 AM

I sold a kid a metric Crescent wrench once! LOL Returned his money after the shop had a good laugh>
Posted By: warrior

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:01 AM

I recall seeing that sky hook next to the box of grid squares.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:03 AM

That can of A I R is useless without a BA1100NST ring.

Mike
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:05 AM

Probably a can of air in the office/electronic department maybe even that brand name.
But I bet there’s not a can of vacuume.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:08 AM

No ID-10-T clips?
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:12 AM

sent the bosses son for a bag of smoke so we could test a chimmney when he returned saying he couldnt find one we told him to go ask his dad for one lol
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:18 AM

Tell him there ain't no such things. Then send him after a board stretcher.

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:21 AM

Well I can't find him and no one has seen him soooo, idk I tried

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:25 AM

Well I can't find him and no one has seen him soooo, idk I tried

O no he may have figured it out got up set and went home.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:25 AM

He will need some blinker fluid you better catch up with him!
Posted By: Actor

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:31 AM

Ask him if he would vote for Trump or Biden... Then make your choice of what to do...

Garry-
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 02:37 AM

Glad to see that is still going on to this day. It makes a young worker think for themselves. After I tour my guys thru ou r buildings. Explaining structure fundamentals. I always ask if anyone has any questions? Same answer silence. So I ask the new guy to get the keys to the basement from the front desk. Or I ask them to go see the nurse on the 4 th floor she has a maintenance request. No basement no 4 th floor. All explained during orientation LCR basics of learning
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 03:18 AM

When I was in the Navy and worked in the boiler rooms I got sent after a stem blanket. I never forgot it but I can take a joke. Seen all those and many more. Turns out it's good for the crew and the new guy feels like he is fitting in.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 03:34 AM

A bucket of steam will help as well.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 03:42 AM

When I was surveying we used to send new guys down to get their plumb bob calibrated when they first got one. I'll never forget when we sent one 18 year old kid down to the local saw shop to have his plumb bob calibrated, the guy took it in the back and came back with it in a few minutes and told him the first time on a new plumb bob was free, but if he had to have it calibrated again it would be $10. Lol
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 03:44 AM

I actually own a crescent wrench thats says metric on it , won a few beers with it. Lol
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 03:48 AM

Don't forget the North bearing grease. 50 feet of chow line was another.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 03:51 AM

Back when I was framing houses for a living I actually had a left handed hammer. I modified my standard right handed one just by switching hands as I could drive nails either way.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 03:58 AM

He may as well pick up a bucket of prop wash, some flight line and a couple of cans of squelch while he's at it.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 04:17 AM

5 gallons of sail boat fuel
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 04:26 AM

Bucket of steam
Posted By: cat catcher

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 04:27 AM

Sent the apprentice to the parts store for an upper rad hose for an air cooled Wisconsin engine once and the funniest thing happened the worker at the parts store came back to the shop with him cause he couldn’t find a listing in his book so he want to see what the hose looked like so he could match it up. So I got 2 people.lol

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 04:48 AM

[quote=cat catcher]Sent the apprentice to the parts store for an upper rad hose for an air cooled Wisconsin engine once and the funniest thing happened the worker at the parts store came back to the shop with him cause he couldn’t find a listing in his book so he want to see what the hose looked like so he could match it up. So I got 2 people.lol[/quote.

That's about like asking the guy at the parts counter for spark plugs for my 01 excursions with 7.3 diesel. Talk about hard to keep a straight face the more flustered he got.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 04:59 AM

Yes I would clue him in on the "getting ones leg pulled" and real hard too. When us newbies that were in the helicopter units in Nam the guys were always asking us to get them a couple hundred feet of flight line, a 5 gallon can of prop wash etc. It was a rite of passage I guess. So was the quote inner com commo check in the Cobra for us newbies. In the front seat, stick between your legs head sets on, up about 10 feet off the air strip and down the the line at about 150 mph and then up to about 6k and into a dive which would get you over 200 mph and pull up close to the ground. The radio systems were ok. If you did not stain or wet your pants or barf you did good. Did not have a clue when we took off but there must have been 50 plus guys at the end of the big hanger waiting to see what was going to happen. A couple of guys had some messes to clean up when that was over.

Bryce
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by cat catcher
Sent the apprentice to the parts store for an upper rad hose for an air cooled Wisconsin engine once and the funniest thing happened the worker at the parts store came back to the shop with him cause he couldn’t find a listing in his book so he want to see what the hose looked like so he could match it up. So I got 2 people.lol

Too funny
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 07:55 AM

I took a job at a truck stop when I was a kid. No body had ever heard of self service. We fueled trucks, washed windows, checked lights and bumped tires. Even parked them for the drivers. Had a full service shop. If it was broke they could fix it. Mechanic asked me one night if I would give him a hand. Needed to change spark plugs. Would I mind pulling them while he ate lunch. I had been around tractors and even a diesel powered Mercedes a cousin had, so when he left I just started pulling stuff of the engine. Piling it on his bench. Had a pretty good pile when he got back. Told him I had been looking but couldnt find them and walked back out to the fuel islands. He followed me. Mad. Thought for a minute there we were going to fight. He taught me a lot of stuff while I worked there. After that.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 12:47 PM

Every one knows the left handed hammers are right next to the red handled rafter stretchers.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
Yes I would clue him in on the "getting ones leg pulled" and real hard too. When us newbies that were in the helicopter units in Nam the guys were always asking us to get them a couple hundred feet of flight line, a 5 gallon can of prop wash etc. It was a rite of passage I guess. So was the quote inner com commo check in the Cobra for us newbies. In the front seat, stick between your legs head sets on, up about 10 feet off the air strip and down the the line at about 150 mph and then up to about 6k and into a dive which would get you over 200 mph and pull up close to the ground. The radio systems were ok. If you did not stain or wet your pants or barf you did good. Did not have a clue when we took off but there must have been 50 plus guys at the end of the big hanger waiting to see what was going to happen. A couple of guys had some messes to clean up when that was over.

Bryce

My Uncle was a crew chief on Cobras in Vietnam.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:15 PM

After they figure it out and may be a little mad make it up to them with a cup of coffee. Just send him to get a can of dehydrated H2O, all you have to add is water and of course coffee.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 01:27 PM

Dang he forgot the board stretcher grin
Posted By: trapmando

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 04:39 PM

A asphalt stretcher will help guide his way..
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 04:43 PM

what they didn't sell elevator keys at your highschool?
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Should I tell him ? - 03/10/22 04:59 PM

Use to sent new guys with a styrofoam cup to get a cup of acetone. It melted in there hand lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums