Home

Ukraine War.. key observation

Posted By: martyd

Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 10:08 PM

Ukraine War has showed a couple things I think …..
1…. American citizens are so well armed I don’t think
China or Russian would ever jump on us on American soil
With ground warfare. I hope that all of anti gun people are
looking closely how this war is going. I think if Russia or China
Did start a war with USA it would go Nuke right off the bat.
They would try to put the fear of a lot nukes like we did with
Japan , drop 2 big bombs on us and we would fold. Also I think
Nukes Would be dropped on high population areas. They would stay
away From dropping nukes on Farm land. They need our grain.
Thank god America has the 2nd amendment. Just wonder if the
16-30 year old men would defend volunteer to fight with the military.

2…….I don’t think Russian military are as strong and organized as
we have thought the last 70 years. They are having a hard time with
This ground war.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 10:16 PM

you don't need to detonate the Nukes at grown level 50K feet up is about perfect , a month after the EMP and no cell phones or computers we would be a much softer target

we need more ammo 1K rounds of rifle and pistol for every ones primary rifle and pistol

some 16-30 year old's would for sure and a whole lotta old farts wouldn't go out without a bang
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 10:17 PM

Pretty early in the war to count anyone out. Two weeks they're holding now but talk to me in a few weeks maybe months, without intervention Ukraine will fall if Russia wants them too.

Right now it seems Russia doesn't want to flatten Ukraine as it would be awful expensive to fix. Be like crashing your friends car so he gives it to you. The more they destroy the more they have to fix
Posted By: lots of mink

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 10:17 PM

Half the Russian soldiers have world war 2 style tin helmets and the ones that got food are eating rations seven years out of date.

Putin really underestimated the Ukrainian people and army. Thank god for Zelenski and the Ukraine resolve to live free. Sure beats the heck out of what we seen in Afghanistan.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Pretty early in the war to count anyone out. Two weeks they're holding now but talk to me in a few weeks maybe months, without intervention Ukraine will fall if Russia wants them too.

Right now it seems Russia doesn't want to flatten Ukraine as it would be awful expensive to fix. Be like crashing your friends car so he gives it to you. The more they destroy the more they have to fix

How do you know they plan on fixing anything they have destroyed? Even if they win, which I doubt they could just leave the country in ruins.

EU needs the Ukrainians to win, the Ukraine has the largest untapped natural gas fields on the planet. Them joining the EU would be a win win. Ukraine gets allies, trading partners and a completely rebuilt bran new country, the EU gets cheap natural gas forever. Russia loses all its trading partners except China growing weaker and weaker.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 10:33 PM

Yes. The logistics of moving 2-3-4 hundred thousand men across the ocean to attack us is a feat in itself and could not possibly go undetected.
Nuclear ahead of time most of the eastern seaboard and the gulf coast with care not to destroy or contaminate all the ports and oil transport areas. An enemy would not hesitate one moment to tap the oil resources we have and would need the infrastructure in place.
West coast, meh. Why bother other than taking a couple of ports.
By doing the above they would let the core of the country simply dwindle… no energy, few services, no way to harvest in enough quantity. Too many foreign country’s are already buying too much of our farm/ranch land and also buying out our pork, beef, and grain processing corps.
They would strangle us. Then again why not be patient? We are doing a wonderful job of strangling this beautiful country from within as is. Once we fragment which we are accelerating into doing right now, the pieces will be easy pickings for even more foreign control.
The bullet free war brought to whomever courtesy of the once great USA.

Osky

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by lots of mink
Originally Posted by Trap Setter

How do you know they plan on fixing anything they have destroyed? Even if they win, which I doubt they could just leave the country in ruins.

EU needs the Ukrainians to win, the Ukraine has the largest untapped natural gas fields on the planet. Them joining the EU would be a win win. Ukraine gets allies, trading partners and a completely rebuilt bran new country, the EU gets cheap natural gas forever. Russia loses all its trading partners except China growing weaker and weaker.

How do any of us know what's in the mind of Vladimir? As far as the narrative goes Russia is in Ukraine to reunite it.

I'll ask you why didn't they destroyed every airstrip, highway, military base, electric substation and communication network? Wouldn't you think we'd have seen something like rockets bombs and missiles sorting up targets if they didn't care to have it as part of their country.

If you read faster I wouldn't have to type so slow. *jokingly spoken
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 11:02 PM

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I hope that Ukraine's grassroots resistance will sway some anti 2A folks over to the pro 2A side. Seems some were moved earlier by Pandemic.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 30/06
Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I hope that Ukraine's grassroots resistance will sway some anti 2A folks over to the pro 2A side. Seems some were moved earlier by Pandemic.

I am too. Hope freedom reigns around the world.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/10/22 11:11 PM

You all seem to think that our enemies want our stuff, more than they are afraid of us. They are more afraid of us. With us gone, they can take eveyine else's stuff. If someone nukes us, they'll hit us as hard as they can.

Keith
Posted By: danvee

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 12:18 AM

During the Bay of Pigs, Russia made us believe that they had nuclear missiles that would reach North America from their bases in central Russia. We found out that was not true by way of one of their agents that defected. This was why they wanted nucs in Cuba. Kennedy called their bluff with that info and did a great job of keeping them out our back door. My thinking that is why Putin does not want Ukraine armed and militarized in his back yard and especially not being part of NATO.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 01:10 AM

Seen many times where The young men didn't have the will to fight in 1941 That was proved wrong
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by martyd

This ground war.

If Russia nuked us or a nato country, you can write off the future everywhere. They know very well we will never respond in kind to a limited use of nukes. We will saturate their country with nukes from land, air, and sea in response to any nuclear attack. That is the scary usefulness of MAD. No nukes or it’s all out destruction. There is no alternative and it is well known by both countries. It has stopped anyone from using them throughout the Cold War and hopefully, in the future. If Putin has lost his mind, god help us all.
Posted By: spjones

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 01:59 AM

Ukraine isn’t actually a NATO country

What happens if Russia nukes Ukraine??

Will there be a retaliatory strike???
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 02:17 AM

Half the Russian soldiers have world war 2 style tin helmets and the ones that got food are eating rations seven years out of date.

Putin really underestimated the Ukrainian people and army. Thank god for Zelenski and the Ukraine resolve to live free. Sure beats the heck out of what we seen in Afghanistan.

Where do you people get this info? seriously, Where? Do you possibly check or verify . I could understand if you lived in Poland, but Saskatoon?
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 02:19 AM

And what is defined as a "nuke" strike. There are "dial" tactical nukes that can be brought down to very low yields. Pretty hard to tell the difference at range between one dialed down and a Daisy cutter except perhaps some residue...

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
During the Bay of Pigs, Russia made us believe that they had nuclear missiles that would reach North America from their bases in central Russia. We found out that was not true by way of one of their agents that defected. This was why they wanted nucs in Cuba. Kennedy called their bluff with that info and did a great job of keeping them out our back door. My thinking that is why Putin does not want Ukraine armed and militarized in his back yard and especially not being part of NATO.

You are just now getting this? has this NOT been on the childrens news network?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 02:24 AM

You Russian "sympathisers" need to read what George Patton knew of the Russians.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 02:31 AM

OK boco, guess what the good ole USA would do to canada if you guys got all comfy with China and joined the oriental treaty organization(OTO). Thats right, and we wouldnt have to spend any nukes to do it either.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 02:37 AM

I think it is very probable that there could be a tactical nuke exchange without all out Armageddon. Pretty sure that is not likely right now in ukraine.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 02:43 AM

Sorry General Diggerman, I guess you got things figured out and got your finger pinched in a trap today. Since you got it all figured out why don't you just let us know what is going to happen with the Ukraine situation I guess you have all the info and intelligence on the situation.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 03:04 AM

Sorry General Diggerman, I guess you got things figured out and got your finger pinched in a trap today. Since you got it all figured out why don't you just let us know what is going to happen with the Ukraine situation I guess you have all the info and intelligence on the situation.

I am just suprised that after 12 or so days you have not heard the main reason Putin invaded Ukraine. I'm not sure if you heard this also but, Ukraine is NOT a democracy. Stay tuned for more.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Diggerman

Where do you people get this info? seriously, Where? Do you possibly check or verify . I could understand if you lived in Poland, but Saskatoon?

I get my news from many sources and have been following the fighting everyday. Mainstream media has some of the news although slanted and skewed. The best source of info has been an American veteran putting up utube videos out of Texas. He has the best maps of the war and updates two or three times a day showing huge amounts of battlefield footage. This guy literally is calling the play as offensives and counteroffensives are happening.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 03:13 AM

Why does a guy in Sask have to get his war news from a guy in Texas about a "war" or as I like to call it , an "incursion" in western europe? Honest question.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 03:55 AM

Why does a guy in Sask have to get his war news from a guy in Texas about a "war" or as I like to call it , an "incursion" in western europe? Honest question.

Because he found a guy that can do play-by-play action of the war. Isn't that almost as good as having your finger on a Reaper's "fire" button? I heard Prez Barry had a liking for Predator and Reaper action. Poof, "bad guy" gone!
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 03:56 AM

An alternative to MAD has been discussed and debated since the USSR broke up. It's sometimes called Escalate to De-Escalate. I read about it years ago in reference to the Baltics, and it is currently debated by armchair quarterbacks within the current situation. The short version is, Russia invaded Baltic states under pretext, got bogged down, NATO mobilized and started to roll in hard on Russia. Russia detonates a small nuke in a Baltic state, and asks the US, "wanna hit pause"? It's a very grim prospect, but seems quite possible now. May God bless us all.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 04:05 AM

The Russians parked nukes in Cuba because WE parked nukes in Turkey.

Part of the agreement Kennedy made with Khrushchev was that we would dismantle the nukes in Turkey and they would dismantle the nukes in Cuba.

The narrative is that Kennedy made Russia blink... Maybe so. But we also kept our end of the bargain pretty doggone quiet so we could crow about making them blink.

This is all ancient, verifiable info.

Mike
Posted By: Flint Lock

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 04:36 AM

I've heard it said that during WWII the fact that Japan was aware so many US citizens owned guns was a major deterrent against them planning a mainland invasion.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 04:36 AM

danvee. .... you may want to start by listening to the speech K. Harris gave over in that neck of the woods explaining to the powers that be or want to be that Ukraine is a country and Russia is a bigger country and......... Ill stop here as i don't ant to spoil it for you grin But for folks like you it will be a real eye opener

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 05:18 AM

I've heard it said that during WWII the fact that Japan was aware so many US citizens owned guns was a major deterrent against them planning a mainland invasion.

Yeah, that's a nice little saying that goes around but in reality the Japanese couldn't have invaded the mainland USA if they wanted to do, simply not the logistical ability. They could barely keep their small army on Guadalcanal going by early 1943 and that was from a nearby by big base. Besides, unless they took out every American sub base on the West Coast at almost the same time, the subs would have bled them white over time. By early 1945, almost nothing was entering or leaving Japan by ship, that was how tight of noose the American subs had on those islands...
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 05:36 AM

Well, unless you count the fact that Japan actually DID occupy the United States, in Alaska.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
danvee. .... you may want to start by listening to the speech K. Harris gave over in that neck of the woods explaining to the powers that be or want to be that Ukraine is a country and Russia is a bigger country and......... Ill stop here as i don't ant to spoil it for you grin But for folks like you it will be a real eye opener

She Just did it again in Warsaw while answering, while trying to answer questions that is, alongside the polish president. I'm sure he was very impressed with her, especially when she was stumped and started her kackling laugh when there was nothing funny to be laughing about.
Posted By: Osagian

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

I heard that speech. In front of the whole world and all those European heads of state and her giggling like a ninny.
I was embarrassed for her. I was embarrassed for me just listening to it.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 08:16 AM

The town in live in in saskatchewan is 80 percent Ukrainians some right from the Ukraine and others third generation settled here since 1920.

So what’s your point?
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by martyd

This ground war.

1... I dont think Putin is dumb enough to launch a nuke into Europe anywhere the fallout would likely fall over Russia as well depending on winds.

2.... Putins army is green now not many have battle experience or the heart to invade another country while hungry and cold.

3... Not mentioned is the fact that Ukraine had a pack with Russia not to become a NATO member and they secretly crossed that line.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
You Russian "sympathisers" need to read what George Patton knew of the Russians.

X2

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 12:31 PM

.. I dont think Putin is dumb enough to launch a nuke into Europe anywhere the fallout would likely fall over Russia as well depending on winds.

Air bursts at optimal heights don't produce downwind fallout...
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 12:51 PM

I wonder if the Russian activity in Ukraine has now reached a point beyond what Biden called a "minor incursion".
Posted By: Posco

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Osagian
I heard that speech. In front of the whole world and all those European heads of state and her giggling like a ninny. I was embarrassed for her. I was embarrassed for me just listening to it.

A twelve year old would have had better command of the subject.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by Osagian
I heard that speech. In front of the whole world and all those European heads of state and her giggling like a ninny. I was embarrassed for her. I was embarrassed for me just listening to it.

A twelve year old would have had better command of the subject.

C'mon man, she worked hard on that speech, and even remembered the names of both countries. Give her a break, there's alot of pressure in being the future POTUS.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
C'mon man, she worked hard on that speech, and even remembered the names of both countries. Give her a break, there's alot of pressure in being the future POTUS.

What's scary is, she probably gave it everything she had or has. What an intellectual heavyweight. Unbelievable.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 01:07 PM

All interesting observations and breakdown about what is going on over there, but what really matters........................., which side is Jane Fonda on?

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 02:01 PM

The town in live in in saskatchewan is 80 percent Ukrainians some right from the Ukraine and others third generation settled here since 1920.

So what’s your point?

I now understand your point of view.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 05:29 PM

Diggerman since 1991,the Ukraine now has a constitution, multi political parties, three branches of government and the people have elections and vote. They do have a parliament and have issues with Crimea and several other areas in the country that is sovereign. So what form of government would you call it.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation - 03/11/22 07:22 PM

Ukrainians are doing well even if not well armed. It appears that the Russians are engaged in the siege type warfare with the larger cities and arms will only benefit you when the come into your space. Big issues with sieges is they can starve you out or dehydrate you. Can't eat or drink ammo.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums