Home

Old Stomping Grounds

Posted By: Michigander

Old Stomping Grounds - 03/11/22 11:06 PM

I ran across this web site a while back and thought it was one of the cooler things on the internet. It is a neat time capsule into the past. Old ariel photos and satellite imagery.

historicaerials.com/

Seeing the age thread made me think some of you older guys would appreciate the memories. It is amazing what has changed in my area. Most farms back in the day had 3 or 4 different crops in one 40 acre field. Now it is the same thing in 300 acre chunks. Livestock was on almost every farm and abundant cover everywhere. I can see why we used to have pheasants everywhere but now they are very rare. Farms have consolidated and old pastures pushed in. The oldest ariel in my area is from 1954.

How has your old stomping grounds changed?
Posted By: Seldom

Re: Old Stomping Grounds - 03/11/22 11:12 PM

Were you born & raised here Midlander? I was trapping rats in the Bullock Ck in 1954.
Posted By: midlander

Re: Old Stomping Grounds - 03/11/22 11:29 PM

Appears you have to pay to view them...?
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Old Stomping Grounds - 03/11/22 11:40 PM

If you're in Pennsylvania, check out the old Penn Pilot aerials. I think if you search for it there will be a link that takes you to the new sight. If i recall, there were pics about every tens years from 1939 onward.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Old Stomping Grounds - 03/12/22 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by midlander
Appears you have to pay to view them...?

Should be free to view but has a watermark so you can't print it off without paying them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums