Home

Ukraine, how does this end?

Posted By: foxkidd44

Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 10:32 PM

Guys, how does this end? Putin has placed himself in a position of no surrender , because he knows he will stand trial as a war criminal if he’s ever arrested. I believe Putin would most certainly use nuclear weapons as a last resort,,,, your thoughts?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 10:35 PM

For a lot of people it will end in a blinding flash,milliseconds before vapourization.
Those will be the lucky ones.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 10:41 PM

I feel terrible for the people over there but it was over before it started.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 10:56 PM

At some point Putin pretty much has Ukraine defeated, both sides talk, he says he will take the eastern third, he considers it a victory, over time the world forgives him and all sanctions/penalties are lifted.
Posted By: corky

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 10:57 PM

Hoping the oligarchs have an assassination party.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:02 PM

Part of the Ukraine becomes Russia.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:05 PM

Why would he stand trial as a war criminal when US presidents have killed many more civilians than he has...
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:15 PM

Seal Team 6..........
Posted By: Towman

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:21 PM

Who Cares !

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:24 PM

Everyone in the world with a brain.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:25 PM

lol
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:29 PM

things must be heating up over there because i saw on the news today all canadian forces(army,air force and navy)where put on alert for rapid deployment depending on nato needs and for all you in the usa that say its not your problem in both world wars you where the last in it

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:33 PM

Agree that the Yanks were the last in but made a big difference in the outcome.
In WW 2at least the Americans were all in providing money and supplies,just took them a while to get the political will to fight.
NATO would be nothing without America.
Nato is a great Alliance and America and all of us is stronger together.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by k9-hunter
things must be heating up over there because i saw on the news today all canadian forces(army,air force and navy)where put on alert for rapid deployment depending on nato needs and for all you in the usa that say its not your problem in both world wars you where the last in it

We also let the Soviet Union do most of the work against Germany and swooped in at the end and claimed victory. Unfortunately we got the bill for rebuilding.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:36 PM

Trudeau is prepared to fight for the new world order....that is no suprise.

I wonder what china is going to do?????
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:39 PM

I think Pooty-poot will be fine living the rest of his days in the Kremlin unless he gets unseated.

I think the likely ending is the two regions Pooty-poot recognized as individual states either be fully annexed by Russia or recognized as individual states by the rest of the world.

Or WWIII.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:50 PM

What Boco and Dirt are both saying is America is the chump willing to open its pockets.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/19/22 11:57 PM

took congress a while to OK stim payments for Americans due to covid......one day to approve billions for ukraine...
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:00 AM

Pretty messed up!

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:02 AM

My understanding is that china is now criticizing the economic sanctions against russia....

"A senior Chinese government official said on Saturday that sanctions imposed by Western nations on Russia over Ukraine are increasingly "outrageous".

Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng also acknowledged Moscow's point of view on NATO, saying the alliance should not further expand eastwards, forcing a nuclear power like Russia "into a corner".

China has yet to condemn Russia's action in Ukraine or call it an invasion, though it has expressed deep concern about the war. Beijing has also opposed economic sanctions on Russia over Ukraine, which it says are unilateral and are not authorised by the U.N. Security Council."
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by white dog
What Boco and Dirt are both saying is America is the chump willing to open its pockets.

Yep. We should have ditched NATO years ago. This administration has mis-stepped EVERY opportunity/decision and appears destined to ignite WW3.
I expect my odds are pretty fair right now of seeing that white hot flash BOCO mentioned. Though I doubt I'll get to be vaporized, assuming an 8 megaton warhead.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:13 AM

America would not do well going it alone against a Russia Chinese alliance.
As a member of the Nato alliance Russia and chinese alliance would lose.
The weaponry of the UK and France is some powerful.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:21 AM

Together france, uk and germany spend less than 1/5 on defense than the USA.

canada spends less than 1/2 of any of those countries....data from 2020.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:23 AM

Check out their armaments.
The only reason the US is always spending money on armaments is that they are continually supplying billions to the camel humpers to shoot back at you lol.
Other countries dont do that.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
America would not do well going it alone against a Russia Chinese alliance.
As a member of the Nato alliance Russia and chinese alliance would lose.
The weaponry of the UK and France is some powerful.

NATO is the fuse that will suck us into WW3. Without NATO, we have choices about where our interests lie. By and large it's not with Poland (who's an instigator) and it's not with Ukraine. Four weeks ago, most Americans (and probably Canadians) still considered Ukraine as "Russian".

I fully believe that we are going to see a war with Russia, China, India and Iran. We will likely see foreign troops on our soil. ETA- doubt NATO nations will send aid.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:26 AM

You definitely will see chinese on your shores if you dont remain part of Nato.
US,Canada UK and others are the founding members of Nato.
You are as much a part of Nato as we are.
Nato Alliance was formed after WW2 to counter the Communist threat to Democracy.
The first cold war battle was the Berlin airlift against USSR right after the end of WW2.
Should have listened to Patton.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:27 AM

Just curious wildflight which side do you see India on? I tend to think of them leaning towards the USA but I very well could be wrong.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:30 AM

Re: Ukraine, how does this end?

American tax-payers will rebuild western.
We rebuilt Lebanon when the Israelis blew the..out of it.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:38 AM

Nato Alliance was formed after WW2 to counter the Communist threat to Democracy.
The first cold war battle was the Berlin airlift against USSR right after the end of WW2.

The communist threat to our nation is internal.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
Just curious wildflight which side do you see India on? I tend to think of them leaning towards the USA but I very well could be wrong.

They've been meeting recently with Russia and China. When things break, IMO they won't be on our side.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:43 AM

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/3/14/why-is-istandwithputin-trending-in

India - Russian ties.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:43 AM

Probably the exact same way that the Russian involvements in Georgia, chechnya, Afghanistan ect have ended , Russia is gonna get bled dry by trying to fight an insurgency their logistics system is gonna fail...again ..,moral is gonna be low as heck, conscripts arnt gonna wanna fight and their gonna lose tens of billions in vehicles and heavy equipment from some gopniks and Andy farmers with a few days of training under some SF guys and some donated anti armor munitions.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:46 AM

I hadn’t heard about that, however it doesn’t surprise me, I’m afraid you’re probably right wolfdog.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:53 AM

I'd like to see some Russians and Chinese invade North Bay, Ontario.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 01:29 AM

Lots of folks don’t want to accept that we are dangerously close to nuclear weapons being actually used. Most shrug it off saying Putin is just posturing,,, I legit think Putin is past piddling. The hypersonic missle used today was kind of a warning,,,

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
Lots of folks don’t want to accept that we are dangerously close to nuclear weapons being actually used. Most shrug it off saying Putin is just posturing,,, I legit think Putin is past piddling. The hypersonic missle used today was kind of a warning,,,

Using a nuke is a really really dumb decision now days for a multitude of reasons

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by foxkidd44

Using a nuke is a really really dumb decision now days for a multitude of reasons

You are correct,,, but Putin could be in the “ I’m taking you with me mindset “. Nobody wins when it’s mutual destruction

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 01:53 AM

With all the natural resources and what not we have ,what would be the point in using a nuke ? Especially with the risk of mutual destruction?
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 01:55 AM

China isn’t coming on our shores the same reason Japan didn’t during World War 2. They know there will be a gun behind every rock and tree.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 01:55 AM

With all the natural resources and what not we have ,what would be the point in using a nuke ? Especially with the risk of mutual destruction?

I'm not understanding this. Resources for the taking or for a counter offensive?

I think "mutual destruction" is a Western idea and a false sense of security.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

China isn’t coming on our shores the same reason Japan didn’t during World War 2. They know there will be a gun behind every rock and tree.

That and they don't have a blue water navy with anything one functional air craft and well where the heck are they actually goin to be able to drop anchor and disembark??

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

The guns you own are useless against army weaponry.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:00 AM

If nukes enter the equation, USA is on the loosing end for the general population. Outside the moscow and a few other cities, Russia is pretty much a third world nation.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:01 AM

Lots of hinterland there-not much of that in the USA.Pretty small landmass in comparison.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:03 AM

I'm sure the Russians where saying the same thing when some p'ed off Chechen was throat shotting them with .22lr's sporting guns ( to the point the Russians actually developed a .22lr dmr deal for urban work). or what we said when some goat herder in flipflops would stall a whole platoon by popping one guy with a old Lee Enfield from the side of a mountain. Or you know how some random Iraqi with $30 worth of copper sheeting ,random wiring a old cellphone some fertilizer and chuck of steel pipe could make a Shaped Charge IED that could blast though a half million dollar up armored MRAP.

Yeah no Billy Bob is gonna have a hay day using that random box of API in that 50 cal he had "just for fun"

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:04 AM

ya'll need to study up on keeping safe from fallout....

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:07 AM

Exactly.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
ya'll need to study up on keeping safe from fallout....

If where about to get nuked imma figure out where the first one is dropping and go sit there....not doin this mad Max stuff laugh
Posted By: Keith Daniels

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:11 AM

When they know they will not lose access to the Black Sea, which they would potentially lose if Ukraine joined NATO, as suggested by our brain dead VP and triggered the move.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:13 AM

Very few understand the TRUE "Art of War".
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:27 AM

Neither Putin nor Sniffy have a bright future in politics and are past their sell by date.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:33 AM

So few people really know about real nuclear weapons and nuclear war fighting strategies but its not surprising given what has been fed to them over many decades.

First of all, most people in the combatant nations, let alone the world, aren't going to be "vaporized" by the heat of a detonation unless there is a total city busting campaign by one or both sides. Vaporizing heat of direct weapon effects is closest to the denotation point. The blast wave has greater range and killing potential but its still limited by distance and to some aspect, the lay of the land, especially in an urban area. Will get to fallout radiation in a bit but direct weapons radiation exposure generally would occur within the high heat or high blast wave areas so most people wouldn't die from that effect but one or the others just mentioned.

News flash for the "megaton" heads, very few of those weapons are currently on anyone's missiles. A couple of reasons why, one nuclear physics don't work in an exponential way when comparing yields vs direct weapons effects area extent. A 20 megaton warhead isn't going to have a 1,000x more high heat and blast wave distance as a 20 kiloton weapon, Sorry to disappoint, it just isn't going to happen. I can't remember the exact distance increase that big megaton weapons do for direct weapons effects but its surprising not that much, maybe 3x or maybe more but no way hundreds of times greater spread. The second reason why there are few megaton weapons out there is that MIRVing changed things a lot. What's better in a war fighting operation, launching a missile with 1 meagton or larger warhead or launching a missile with 3 to 10 warheads?? I believe Minuteman III carried (ies) 3- 200 kilo range weapons, Peacekeeper 10 warheads and Trident II 10 warheads as well. Most are at max 300 kilos a piece, probably smaller.

Ok, "fallout". It is different than direct weapon effect radiation release that happens near detonation zone. Fallout are materials that has become radioactive, such as soil, concrete, whatever that has come in close contact with a detonating device, such as missile silo busters, deep command busters, etc and then comes back to the ground at a later date farther away. The "best" way to "kill" cities is with air bursts at an optimal height and as such these detonations don't cause fallout. As someone who lived with 150 U.S. missile silos 200-350 miles (more beyond that depending on the wind directions) west of me, I used to worry about the real threat of fallout a lot. But the Minuteman IIs are no more, so except for the 2-3 bases that still have Minuteman IIIs and the 1-2 bases that has Peacekeeprs, there are far fewer U.S. dug in land based missile silos that would take near ground hits to take them out. The "fallout" threat in the U.S. is much less now than what it would have been say in the 1980s through sometime in the late 1990s.

Then there is the "nuclear winter" theory and other long lasting issues that I won't address.

With all this said, would millions of people die in a massive nuclear exchange between NATO and Russia (and maybe the Chinese), yes, probably, especially if all out attacks are done mostly on metropolitan areas. That would be bad juju SO DON'T DO IT!! But the idea that most of humanity would die in a day to a year or so later is not realistic. Not even really close...

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:36 AM

That and they don't have a blue water navy with anything one functional air craft and well where the heck are they actually goin to be able to drop anchor and disembark??

@Wolfdog91

You can't seriously be further off base on the subject.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/05/china/china-world-biggest-navy-intl-hnk-ml-dst/index.html

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:40 AM

china will fill containers with nk troops and send em over to port la...

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by wildflights

@Wolfdog91

You can't seriously be further off base on the subject.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/05/china/china-world-biggest-navy-intl-hnk-ml-dst/index.html

I did say blue water. And I stand corrected they do have two air craft carriers and more ships. but From every thing I'm reading in that it's not like ours. Do they have a large navy ? Seems like it yes however do they have the range capability and support of ours on a long range basis? I don't see it. You can just look at the "battle ships" logistics is what you need. And if you don't have enough to back it up well...You can have a million men that can hit your local neighborhood but if they can't go hit somone in the next county over but that county can...well.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:56 AM

taiwan is pretty close to china....

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
taiwan is pretty close to china....

My point exactly ( btw sorry I type my response in your instead of a quote at first )
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:13 AM

I hope your right boco. The CCP released a little virus that killed a bunch of folks. One of those victims was my brother. I would relish a chance to wade some of those Chinese communist into the beaver swamp.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:20 AM

Me too.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
So few people really know about real nuclear weapons and nuclear war fighting strategies but its not surprising given what has been fed to them over many decades.

First of all, most people in the combatant nations, let alone the world, aren't going to be "vaporized" by the heat of a detonation unless there is a total city busting campaign by one or both sides. Vaporizing heat of direct weapon effects is closest to the denotation point. The blast wave has greater range and killing potential but its still limited by distance and to some aspect, the lay of the land, especially in an urban area. Will get to fallout radiation in a bit but direct weapons radiation exposure generally would occur within the high heat or high blast wave areas so most people wouldn't die from that effect but one or the others just mentioned.

News flash for the "megaton" heads, very few of those weapons are currently on anyone's missiles. A couple of reasons why, one nuclear physics don't work in an exponential way when comparing yields vs direct weapons effects area extent. A 20 megaton warhead isn't going to have a 1,000x more high heat and blast wave distance as a 20 kiloton weapon, Sorry to disappoint, it just isn't going to happen. I can't remember the exact distance increase that big megaton weapons do for direct weapons effects but its surprising not that much, maybe 3x or maybe more but no way hundreds of times greater spread. The second reason why there are few megaton weapons out there is that MIRVing changed things a lot. What's better in a war fighting operation, launching a missile with 1 meagton or larger warhead or launching a missile with 3 to 10 warheads?? I believe Minuteman III carried (ies) 3- 200 kilo range weapons, Peacekeeper 10 warheads and Trident II 10 warheads as well. Most are at max 300 kilos a piece, probably smaller.

Ok, "fallout". It is different than direct weapon effect radiation release that happens near detonation zone. Fallout are materials that has become radioactive, such as soil, concrete, whatever that has come in close contact with a detonating device, such as missile silo busters, deep command busters, etc and then comes back to the ground at a later date farther away. The "best" way to "kill" cities is with air bursts at an optimal height and as such these detonations don't cause fallout. As someone who lived with 150 U.S. missile silos 200-350 miles (more beyond that depending on the wind directions) west of me, I used to worry about the real threat of fallout a lot. But the Minuteman IIs are no more, so except for the 2-3 bases that still have Minuteman IIIs and the 1-2 bases that has Peacekeeprs, there are far fewer U.S. dug in land based missile silos that would take near ground hits to take them out. The "fallout" threat in the U.S. is much less now than what it would have been say in the 1980s through sometime in the late 1990s.

Then there is the "nuclear winter" theory and other long lasting issues that I won't address.

With all this said, would millions of people die in a massive nuclear exchange between NATO and Russia (and maybe the Chinese), yes, probably, especially if all out attacks are done mostly on metropolitan areas. That would be bad juju SO DON'T DO IT!! But the idea that most of humanity would die in a day to a year or so later is not realistic. Not even really close...

OH,well thats not so bad then.
Let er rip.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:30 AM

Lots of hinterland there-not much of that in the USA.Pretty small landmass in comparison.

Most of Russia's land is in Siberia, few people live there. Most of the people live west of the Ural Mountains in the European side of the country. European Russia is smaller in size than CONUS USA. CONUS USA is a little over 8 million sq. kms, European Russia is less than 4 million sq. kilometers.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:35 AM

Boco- You must have missed the point where I said millions of people still die. You push the button first...
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:35 AM

I believe Minuteman III carried (ies) 3- 200 kilo range weapons, Peacekeeper 10 warheads and Trident II 10 warheads as well. Most are at max 300 kilos a piece, probably smaller.

I recall the Minuteman III carried three w-78 warheads. If I remember correctly, they were around 350kt. I recall a response we had to Oscar 8 silo in Montana for an A&F nogo. It was fun responding to the silo during that episode with a blizzard just as we got there. I was at KI Sawyer at the time, and they jinned up a KC135 to fly our team out there. We were a centralized support base, and Malmstrom was one of our bases.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:43 AM

Paul- Can you explain what an "A&F nogo" is (or was)?

Minuteman IIs generally carried a 1 megaton warhead so it would make sense that the first land-based MIRV would carry about the same overall weight of reentry vehicle (350ktx3= 1.15 mt). Did they ever tell you the overall geographic "footprint" of targets that those 3 warheads from a single could reach, such as they couldn't be more than 150 miles from each other? Or maybe that's still classified...
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:44 AM

Supposingly the nuclear deal between Russia and u s. ended last year... Perfect time to start a war?

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:48 AM

Most of Russia's land is in Siberia, few people live there. Most of the people live west of the Ural Mountains in the European side of the country. European Russia is smaller in size than CONUS USA. CONUS USA is a little over 8 million sq. kms, European Russia is less than 4 million sq. kilometers.

Thats my point,all of us living in the hinterland would just carry on with a few minor inconveniences while yall overpops would be wiped out

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

I believe Minuteman III carried (ies) 3- 200 kilo range weapons, Peacekeeper 10 warheads and Trident II 10 warheads as well. Most are at max 300 kilos a piece, probably smaller.

I recall the Minuteman III carried three w-78 warheads. If I remember correctly, they were around 350kt. I recall a response we had to Oscar 8 silo in Montana for an A&F nogo. It was fun responding to the silo during that episode with a blizzard just as we got there. I was at KI Sawyer at the time, and they jinned up a KC135 to fly our team out there. We were a centralized support base, and Malmstrom was one of our bases.

A&F no go is an error reading in the warhead. It's an arming and fuzing error message, which required us to go in and render it safe.

The Minuteman II carried the w-56 warhead which was about 1 megaton. I don't know that we have any of the megaton warheads anymore. I remember training on the B-53 which was around 9 or 10 megatons. That replaced the B-41, which was around 25 megatons. I don't think they even have the W-28 1.5 megaton bomb. That's the one that I got a dose of tritium from and had to pee in a bottle for awhile.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:53 AM

How big is the Tsar Bomba?

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:54 AM

I don't know what that is.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:55 AM

Its the biggest Nuke known.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 03:56 AM

I don't think I've ever heard of it, or if I have, I've forgotten about it. I'm getting old ya know.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:02 AM

How many would they have to send to hold a beach head on the west coast? They would have to get them across 6200 miles of Pacific without us knowing about it... Land them... Fight to gain a beach head, and then hold it long enough for reinforcements to start arriving.

Satellites using synthetic aperture radar can bounce a signal into open hangar doors and see the aircraft inside... And they can use thermal imaging to see a ship's powerplant heating up before it leaves the dock.

This isn't WW2, you can't hide significant troop movements anymore. We'll know they're getting ready to leave before their grunts have their rice stowed for the trip.

Mike

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:03 AM

I just googled it,it was from 1960,50 MT yeild.
I was 4 YO when the russians tested it,in the arctic,lol.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:05 AM

I would have been 11 at that time going to Catholic school doing atomic attack drills going under my desk. LOL, how fruitless that would have been.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:06 AM

It was a 50 megaton yield. And it was insanely big. Completely impractical to deliver in a wartime setting. You couldn't get it on a missile and couldn't get more than one on a plane. It was a "look what we can build" bomb, but not something you could expect to be able to deliver in actual wartime.

Mike

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:07 AM

I bet you were more scared of the nuns than the nukes.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:08 AM

I bet you were more scared of the nuns than the nukes.

lol, my knuckles took a beating with that ruler more times than I'd like to remember.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:11 AM

LOL.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

How many would they have to send to hold a beach head on the west coast? They would have to get them across 6200 miles of Pacific without us knowing about it... Land them... Fight to gain a beach head, and then hold it long enough for reinforcements to start arriving.

Satellites using synthetic aperture radar can bounce a signal into open hangar doors and see the aircraft inside... And they can use thermal imaging to see a ship's powerplant heating up before it leaves the dock.

This isn't WW2, you can't hide significant troop movements anymore. We'll know they're getting ready to leave before their grunts have their rice stowed for the trip.

Mike

I think landing troops is basically an end stage operation in today's end. Mop up and come nter insurgency. At least against states with advanced militaries. Any kind if observation sites would either be neutralized or there's nobody lefy thats able to make use of them.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:19 AM

all I remember was for two years as kids we were told not to eat snow because of winter radiation fall-out
yellow snow was well known fact
and the spring snow fleas was because of radiation changing insect life

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:22 AM

Interactive Nuke Map. Current Chinese ICBM is listed at 5 megaton. Largest Russian ICBM is listed at 2.42 megaton.

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:27 AM

Check out their armaments.
The only reason the US is always spending money on armaments is that they are continually supplying billions to the camel humpers to shoot back at you lol.
Other countries dont do that.

another rare instance where I agree with you.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

They'll just come in thru Mexico.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 04:29 AM

Or Canada.

Mike
Posted By: mole

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 07:58 AM

Eve of Destruction
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 11:59 AM

Got that right Mole--- unfortunately for mankind.

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mole
Eve of Destruction

Great song!!

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 12:42 PM

This so far has become a great discussion,,, learned a few things about nukes that I did not know. I still remember watching the movie “ the day after “ scared the crap outta me,,, as it did others. I still say,, the most dangerous weapon ever,,, is the human mind.. in the wrong hands, knows no limits

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 01:14 PM

The tv movie "The Day After" was basically a propaganda piece to be used against placing Pershing IIs in Europe. Almost everything about the movie was either overblown (pardon the ironic pun for this thread) or incorrect. Even the baby born at the end was from a rape instead of from a man and woman in love. Disgusting.

It did have one good and semi-funny scene. When one of the main leads gave the kid a chocolate bar and told him to keep it hidden because it was now real "money" or something to that effect.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Ukraine, how does this end? - 03/20/22 02:27 PM

Putin has internal problems which he controls with poison and/or long prison sentences. But I suppose civil war would be too much to pray for and would not be a practical solution for his puppets to revolt. So maybe Joe could just send Putin a peace offering and say "can't we just be friends".
© 2024 Trapperman Forums