Home

Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 08:24 PM

Found this while going though a VHS figured y'all would enjoy it grin
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 08:38 PM

That is pretty cool, Wolfdog.
BTW, I'm wondering if you'd be able to talk if someone tied your hands behind your back. grin
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 08:42 PM

Thanks for the share! I like it.
Posted By: panaxman

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 10:20 PM

Funny. I bought one new in 1989; thinking "buy American made" It was good for 2 years and automatic trans started failing. Kept it til 1995 when I bought a Toyota T-100 new. Would never buy a dodge light truck. Toyota guy ever since! Yotas are trapper tough!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 10:26 PM

That's a cool ad. Never knew they ever made commercials geared towards trappers, lol.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 10:39 PM

Do more!
Posted By: Hern

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 11:06 PM

LOL That's our own, Bob Jameson. Trapper Tuff.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 11:14 PM

Yep, do more!

Awesome 1989 seems like yesterday
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/23/22 11:59 PM

[Linked Image]

This one has 230,000 miles on it. 2008. Honest to goodness trapper miles. Pulled trailers and been in some truly rough and remote country in WY NM and CO. Plowed through KS mud and drove in creeks and flood waters both. I still have it. I don’t hate it. There are better options though for off road. That dakota isnt high enough off the ground and the wheel wells to small for tall tires. A guy could put a lift kit on it but then you deal with u joints constantly. It works but for off road this trapper only gives it 3 1/2 stars out of 5 tor a trapping vehicle.

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 12:03 AM

cool video
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 01:44 PM

I had one, blew the engine at 4000 miles, was told it was "from bad gas". Nothing but junk! I will never buy another Dodge product!
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man
I had one, blew the engine at 4000 miles, was told it was "from bad gas". Nothing but junk! I will never buy another Dodge product!

can't remember the vintage (it's been awhile), but we had two of them at work...

nothing but trouble/expense. mostly transmission-related. I would never buy one...might not even accept one as a gift.

edit: sorry, Bob. Love ya, man!
Posted By: run

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 01:53 PM

Interesting.

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 02:10 PM

Dodge solved their transmission problems. I had to put a water pump on this one. Upper and lower ball joints, a tie rod end and the gas tank venting system got plugged. Made the check engine light come on. Had to replace the 4wd actuator motor. Had to replace all the valve stem air pressure sensors. Of course oil and filter changes. Spark plugs. With all the hard use its had I think thats pretty good on the reliability front.
Posted By: charles

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 02:57 PM

Last Dodge truck I owned was a 68 with the slant-6 engine and manual transmission. No radio or PS. Wish I still had it. One tough truck but 2WD. Plenty of room under the hood.
Posted By: DanN

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 04:06 PM

That's an interesting commercial, but you gotta wonder why they were trying to market it to trappers when the fur market in 89 was terrible.
Posted By: All33

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 04:40 PM

Thanks for the share! Keep them coming.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Dodge Dakota "Trapper Tough" Commercial - 03/24/22 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
That's a cool ad. Never knew they ever made commercials geared towards trappers, lol.

Nowadays, I'm afraid trap means something ENTIRELY different, LOL.
Messed up as things are, they'll probably run ads geared to THAT next.

"slang, informal, pejorative) A person with male genitalia who can be mistaken for a female; a convincing transvestite or transwoman. noun. "
© 2024 Trapperman Forums