Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/24/22 03:20 PM

After considering what life might be like with the looming possibilities of:
  • WWIII
  • New World Order
  • Great Reset
  • American Civil War
  • etc.
I need to prepare for my family.

I have absolutely no desire to live in a concrete bunker wondering if I run out of water before I run out of freeze dried food.

Instead of the typical prepping, I am going to work on gaining a Letter of Marque and Reprisal. Then I will be able to get out and acquire the required commodities directly from our enemies, by whatever means necessary.

I don't know when they were last used but, they are still a legal possibility, to the best of my knowledge. I do know that the Confederacy used them, not so very long ago.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/24/22 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
  • WWIII
  • New World Order
  • Great Reset
  • American Civil War
  • etc.
I need prepare my family.

I have absolutely no desire to live in a concrete bunker wondering if I run out of water before I run out of freeze dried food.

Instead of the typical prepping, I am going to work on gaining a Letter of Marque and Reprisal. Then I will be able to get out and acquire the required commodities directly from our enemies, by whatever means necessary.

I don't know when they were last used but, they are still a legal possibility, to the best of my knowledge. I do know that the Confederacy use them, not so very long ago.

War of 1812 is the last that the USA used them IIRC.

To me, it would be a defacto declaration of war if enacted.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/24/22 03:38 PM

Your problem of which will outlast the other....the freeze dried food, or the water supply, is easily remedied. Just freeze dry a bunch of water! Your welcome.
Posted By: aknome

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/24/22 09:16 PM

Issued by Congress. Hasn't happened since 1815.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 02:37 AM

It happened in the 1860's in the CSA.

There is a lot of stuff happening right now that have NEVER happened before; and I swore were IMPOSSIBLE.

aye matey I'm gettin' in line.
Posted By: mudtracker

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 02:55 AM

Pirates of the Mississippi
Posted By: Marty

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 03:01 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by mudtracker
Pirates Privateers of the Mississippi and Hennepin Ave
OK, I'll admit to sabotaging your post. I think I will be pardoned when I get my letter.

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 12:32 PM

Hennepin ave eh? What kind of booty be ye after there? Pirate, privateer, potayto, potato.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 12:40 PM

A bill about this was actually introduced to congress last month. I don't think it went anywhere.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/6869?s=1&r=22

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 01:01 PM

....Pirate, privateer, potayto, potato.
Not really, the difference is Execution for a pirate, and POW treatment for privateer.

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 01:11 PM

Idk I think privateers historically never got much better treatment than pirates did.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 01:28 PM

....Pirate, privateer, potayto, potato.
Not really, the difference is Execution for a pirate, and POW treatment for privateer.

do they execute anyone anymore ? so then really prison with a chance of getting out when the war is over.

but from MN do you have the fuel to get anywhere there is an enemy to plunder from? where will that be ?

rat soup starts sounding better and better.

maybe just invest in Waking onions this year so you can keep some seasoning for that soup

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 02:33 PM

The enemy is everywhere, don't take much gas.

It is my patriotic duty, since I'm too old and fat to get back into the military. Aside from that; i was never at my best taking orders.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/25/22 03:10 PM

The enemy is everywhere, don't take much gas.

It is my patriotic duty, since I'm too old and fat to get back into the military. Aside from that; i was never at my best taking orders.

but will congress see them as the enemy , likely they have to be flying the correct flag

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/26/22 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
but will congress see them as the enemy , likely they have to be flying the correct flag
Given a letter, the enemy is defined. From there, pick a side. War has been declared.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Letter of Marque and Reprisal - 03/26/22 03:45 AM

• WWIII
  • New World Order
  • Great Reset
  • American Civil War
  • etc.
I need to prepare for my family.

I don't know when they were last used but, they are still a legal possibility, to the best of my knowledge. I

do know that the Confederacy used them, not so very long ago.

Goodyear blimp ww2
© 2024 Trapperman Forums