Home

Food Shortages

Posted By: yukonjeff

Food Shortages - 03/26/22 04:22 AM

Are coming. They plan to control us with food now.

Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:07 AM

Scary times ahead. I own 155 acres. 35 acres in grassland. I pay the taxes for the farm and expenses from hay sales. Can't afford to fertilize my hayfields this year. I will produce a third of the hay that I normally do. Of course the price of a roll of hay will increase but not as much as the increase in fuel and labor.
Posted By: Flint Lock

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:15 AM

I have been seeing this all over the place tonight. This is just another example of media scare tactics in the name of <pick something>. The corresponding article on FNC's own website about this very same thing clearly provided the context that this is in reference to third world countries, not the US.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:17 AM

It will be 2-3 years until you get to see the full effect -- Farmers have to grow something for two reasons. 1. It is in their blood and 2. They have to do something with the ground or it is lost. Most are already committed for this year, If the product prices don't keep up with the increased production costs many in my area will be able to ride it out. They will start modifying their farming practices to try to make a profit --- but will still try to keep producing (everythings cyclical). By the 2nd year most reserves will have been eaten up and the equipment maintenance bills will start to increase -- any unjustified labor will have already been let go. Some rental ground that is marginal will be returned to the owner ( who usually wants nothing to do with working it in the first place). ----- So we will truly see the results of this about election time 2024. You see it takes time to kill off a perfectly healthy country -- granted this administration has fast-tracked the process.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:17 AM

Thats not good. Who knew that Russia produces the worlds fertilizer. Of course that really dont matter now after our politicians let the Chinese government buy up millions of acres of US farmland.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Flint Lock
I have been seeing this all over the place tonight. This is just another example of media scare tactics in the name of <pick something>. The corresponding article on FNC's own website about this very same thing clearly provided the context that this is in reference to third world countries, not the US.

time to wake up --- this is not a nightmare anymore - this is reality.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:21 AM

It's not media scare tactics when the cost of a ton of fertilizer goes from 320 dollars last year to 800 this year for standard 10-10-10.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:25 AM

Been to the grocery store lately? Notice any price difference? Gasoline makes the headlines but grocery cost have increased more. You can thank your Joe.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 09:16 AM

$2.17 for a small bag of potato chips. lol
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 09:35 AM

We are being lied to. Russia and Ukraine have nothing at all to do with devaluation of the dollar.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by VaBeagler

It's not media scare tactics when the cost of a ton of fertilizer goes from 320 dollars last year to 800 this year for standard 10-10-10.

Yep fertilizer has been doubling exponentially for many years now. It's already been out of sight for many years now. This just skyrockets the price. Around here in the grapes alot of farmers have gone to spreaders that fit down the rows and using cow crap from the local dairy farms. Dairy farmers have already been spreading it from their slurry ponds on the corn and hay fields for years. Where there's a will there's a way. Change and adapt or fall by the wayside.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 09:55 AM

People have been talking about the collapse of the dollar for a looooong time. This winter might be bad.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 10:03 AM

50# of pinto beans for $40 at Sams Club. Opens at 10:00.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 11:33 AM

Since I eat nothing but meat/fat and most of that is wild, we should be able to ride it out.
Posted By: Seldom

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 11:58 AM

This is Biden’s quote-
With regard to food shortages—“yes, we did talk about food shortages, and, uh, and it’s gonna be real. The price of these sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia; it’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries, as well. Including European countries and our country, as well.”
Posted By: hippie

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 12:03 PM

Might not be that you won't be able to find food, but more that you just can't afford it.
Posted By: Seldom

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 12:10 PM

“It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.”

Ayn Rand
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 12:15 PM

Every time people have a fear of what Putin or the Little Rocket Man might do, I hear "If They Do They Will Pay". When we buy food, gas, clothes, wood or toilet paper it soon correlates to who "They" are.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 12:32 PM

We have a trade deficit of $860 billion annually and national debt of 30 TRILLION and a government that is still telling people we are going to spend our way out of it. I'm not real smart but at some point our spending is going to bear fruit and we've sown an awful lot of spending seeds.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 12:42 PM

Well ya need natural gas to produce fertilizer. So a simple answer would be to increase domestic NG output. Stop the nonsense of growing corn to make ethanol and use those areas for wheat production. Increase domestic oil production to A. lower the prices at the pump and B offset the 10% ethanol thats in the gogo juice now.
Ukraine is a big producer of grain and won't be doing much of that this year as the fields are mostly being tilled by tanks this season. Russia is not going to export much of the stuff either. So domestic production would be the obvious choice IMHO. We have the raw materials right here below our feet.
However i don't have much hope that our mail order president and his house of wayward clowns are going to to the right thing.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 12:55 PM

We are producing more wheat than we consume already
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Well ya need natural gas to produce fertilizer. So a simple answer would be to increase domestic NG output. Stop the nonsense of growing corn to make ethanol and use those areas for wheat production. Increase domestic oil production to A. lower the prices at the pump and B offset the 10% ethanol thats in the gogo juice now.
Ukraine is a big producer of grain and won't be doing much of that this year as the fields are mostly being tilled by tanks this season. Russia is not going to export much of the stuff either. So domestic production would be the obvious choice IMHO. We have the raw materials right here below our feet.
However i don't have much hope that our mail order president and his house of wayward clowns are going to to the right thing.

Agreed!

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 01:02 PM

Look at it on the bright side Scuba. The tracks on those tanks don't compact the soil, lol. Those big holes made by munitions gone awry helps aerate the soil.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

Not all wheat is equal.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Seldom
This is Biden’s quote-
With regard to food shortages—“yes, we did talk about food shortages, and, uh, and it’s gonna be real. The price of these sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia; it’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries, as well. Including European countries and our country, as well.”

I don't know where you're getting your info Flintlock but you seem to be just wrong all over, lol.
Posted By: hobbes

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 01:48 PM

With Russia and Ukraine producing so much of the worlds grains and fertilizer. There can be no other outcome than shortages.
Doing away with using using corn to produce ethanol may help, but that will make a very small dent. Grain prices will drive up the price of all animal protein worldwide too. Can their be any other outcome than higher prices and tighter supplies?

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by hobbes
With Russia and Ukraine producing so much of the worlds grains and fertilizer. There can be no other outcome than shortages.
Doing away with using using corn to produce ethanol may help, but that will make a very small dent. Grain prices will drive up the price of all animal protein worldwide too. Can their be any other outcome than higher prices and tighter supplies?

No. Thats the plan. Tighten the screws on the masses. Finish what they started with covid. Then when they roll out the new global digital currency everyone will climb over each other to sign up. Just like they did with the vaccines. Just remember, its for your own good...

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Not all wheat is equal.

Lol blue and red aren't the same color either

I have to ask.... are u saying we don't produce a surplus of milling quality wheat in the United States? If that's not your point what is?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:13 PM

be optimistic this could do wonders for the coon meat market!
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:19 PM

Just one more step to get more power and control. There is a book put together out of papers about 200 years ago that says these things will happen and it's just the beginning.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by H2ORat

time to wake up --- this is not a nightmare anymore - this is reality.

Oh now your just talking conspiracy (tongue in cheek).
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:22 PM

It will be 2-3 years until you get to see the full effect -- Farmers have to grow something for two reasons. 1. It is in their blood and 2. They have to do something with the ground or it is lost. Most are already committed for this year, If the product prices don't keep up with the increased production costs many in my area will be able to ride it out. They will start modifying their farming practices to try to make a profit --- but will still try to keep producing (everythings cyclical). By the 2nd year most reserves will have been eaten up and the equipment maintenance bills will start to increase -- any unjustified labor will have already been let go. Some rental ground that is marginal will be returned to the owner ( who usually wants nothing to do with working it in the first place). ----- So we will truly see the results of this about election time 2024. You see it takes time to kill off a perfectly healthy country -- granted this administration has fast-tracked the process.

Very Well put
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Very Well put

You"re right,they have SUPER fast tracked it!
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:27 PM

We dont rely on Russian or Ukraine wheat ,The big difference will be price here . mostly gouge .
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Snowpa
We dont rely on Russian or Ukraine wheat ...
As I stated on another thread:
Originally Posted by T-Rex
BTW, we would be completely wheat independent if the moron-in-chief hadn't destroyed the industry that generates fuel for tractors and fertilizer production.
That doesn't mean we won't be reliant on others as Joe continues to destroy our way of life.
Posted By: cattails

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:48 PM

I,m right in the heart of some grain country here, and in contact with lot's of great farmers. Things are always backed up. Elevators only accepting X amount per day. I'm not buying the food shortage BS.....We can't get to " BUILD BACK BETTER" until we get through this self inflicted ARMAGEDDON..

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by cattails

I,m right in the heart of some grain country here, and in contact with lot's of great farmers. Things are always backed up. Elevators only accepting X amount per day. I'm not buying the food shortage BS.....We can't get to " BUILD BACK BETTER" until we get through this self inflicted ARMAGEDDON..

Short of a several year large drought I don't see a shortage of food being a problem in the US. Devaluation of our $ because of our debit and monopolizantion of our food manufacturers allowing price gouging will be our biggest issue. It will be blamed on the war but we still produce more food in this country than we eat.

The meat packers in this country are already making historical huge profits because of market control
Posted By: Flint Lock

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Originally Posted by Seldom
This is Biden’s quote-

I don't know where you're getting your info Flintlock but you seem to be just wrong all over, lol.

So now Biden suddenly knows what he's talking about and you guys are clinging to his every word? Again, look at the overall context of the discussion.

I believe the exact opposite of every word that comes out of a Demoncrat's mouth.

If Biden wants me to believe there will be a food shortage, he should say we will have an abundance.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 02:56 PM

Short of a several year large drought I don't see a shortage of food being a problem in the US. Devaluation of our $ because of our debit and monopolizantion of our food manufacturers allowing price gouging will be our biggest issue. It will be blamed on the war but we still produce more food in this country than we eat.

Agreed,
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 03:11 PM

[q

Agreed, [/quote]

The issue would not be production as much as it would be distribution.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 03:20 PM

My wife likes to plant a garden every year. It can be enjoyable for her but we don't need it. There is so much available here in the summer. If they can't sell it, they'll give it away. The amount of food that goes to waste is crazy..I think it was Buffet that said " Private enterprise is always one step ahead of government" . People in general are industrious, and will figure things out. Government is always trying to scare us into submission. I'm not buying it

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 03:26 PM

BernieB
In your opinion what would cause a disturbution issue here in the US

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 03:26 PM

If the global market is what determines the price of fertilizer, fuel, and the crops that are grown with them, how can we expect anything except higher prices to come from the war in Ukraine and the shortages that result? Add in a wet planting season or severe drought and food prices will be crushing for much of the world.

We will certainly see politicians doing their best to make political hay from it when it comes, one party will look to blame the one in power and the other will try to hand out money we don't have to make voters thing they are sympathetic to their plight. It's going to be a long couple years. They may make 2020 look like it was a cakewalk.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 03:36 PM

This bureaucratic nonsense will inflate food prices to ridiculous levels. It's not a food shortage

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 03:48 PM

As has been stated several times, the cost of fuel, fertilizer, seed, and equipment will break the farmers' backs. Not that they aren't able to grow food.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 03:49 PM

The cities will suffer first. The country boy will survive.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 03:57 PM

Ukraine and Russia grow a lot of wheat. If they're busy warring and not farming, that lost percentage of wheat is going to have to come from somewhere. A lot of you seem to think that all the wheat the US grows stays in the US but unfortunately that's not how it works. Now if Trump was still in there, and we were facing a global shortage, you could be sure he would be taking steps to make sure more of the US grown grains stay here. But Trump's not in office, and we have a global market. There won't be as much wheat in that global market. So, prices for what wheat is there, which will be less than demand (thus a food shortage) will increase dramatically.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 04:17 PM

Ukraine and Russia grow a lot of wheat. If they're busy warring and not farming, that lost percentage of wheat is going to have to come from somewhere. A lot of you seem to think that all the wheat the US grows stays in the US but unfortunately that's not how it works. Now if Trump was still in there, and we were facing a global shortage, you could be sure he would be taking steps to make sure more of the US grown grains stay here. But Trump's not in office, and we have a global market. There won't be as much wheat in that global market. So, prices for what wheat is there, which will be less than demand (thus a food shortage) will increase dramatically.

If supplies are tight with any good traded in a free market system the price with increase, the tighter the supply the higher the price. And, just as we see with oil prices right now, high prices and high profits will make those who control the goods and their stock holders happy. Look at the energy stocks in your portfolio today compared to during the shut down.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 04:39 PM

And it all goes to and starts with who's in the Whitehouse.

I really don't believe we'd be facing all these problems if Biden wasn't in there.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 04:53 PM

Ukraine and Russia normally do 1/3 of ALL grain exports. It will make life interesting to say the least in the coming year. Ukraine and Russia also export a lot of our fertilizer needs as well.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:03 PM

Scary times ahead. I own 155 acres. 35 acres in grassland. I pay the taxes for the farm and expenses from hay sales. Can't afford to fertilize my hayfields this year. I will produce a third of the hay that I normally do. Of course the price of a roll of hay will increase but not as much as the increase in fuel and labor.

You better save some of that hay... you'll need it because you won't be able to afford salad!

Pete
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 05:08 PM

To all those beer drinkers- there is a shortage of Aluminum cans, guess why Russian owned companies predominate this industry

ever wonder why scrap Al cans are $ 1.05 a pound now

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 07:20 PM

I don't think anyone means, barring supply chain issues leaving shelves temporarily empty, that it will be impossible to find wheat products. They'll be available. The question will be whether or not you can afford them.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 08:55 PM

If you do not (by now, after the covid effects) realize that anything is possible your not too bright.....

It may very well be that biden is slipping and letting things he hears in classified meetings slip when he speaks in public. He really is not 'in charge' after all.....front man and his replacement is a front woman. I believe that things could get real ugly, real fast...or that may take a while.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 09:10 PM

Guess I should plant 20 to 30 acres of wheat. I can rent the seed drill but would have no way of harvesting. I don't think I'm up to cutting it by hand and thrashing on the barn floor.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 09:28 PM

Remember== Eat all that is on your plate, there is kids in China starving.
Posted By: corky

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Remember== Eat all that is on your plate, there is kids in China starving.

Favorite saying of my mom until I got old enough to say let's send it to them.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Guess I should plant 20 to 30 acres of wheat. I can rent the seed drill but would have no way of harvesting. I don't think I'm up to cutting it by hand and thrashing on the barn floor.

Little late now anyhow. Think it's winter wheat they grow in IN.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
We are being lied to. Russia and Ukraine have nothing at all to do with devaluation of the dollar.

Agreed

Re: Food Shortages - 03/26/22 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Little late now anyhow. Think it's winter wheat they grow in IN.

Yep I use it and rye alternately for cover crops. Got to corner the market for next year. I'm planning for early retirement don't you know.
Posted By: crossfox21

Re: Food Shortages - 03/27/22 06:42 AM

Bring on the food shortages!

Its hard to be pro-Joe, pro-transgender, pro-politically correct when the very idiot you voted for
is now causing a rumble in your tum-tum as you look at the "closed until further notice " sign for McDonalds
Posted By: Marty

Re: Food Shortages - 03/27/22 07:13 AM

beans bullets n band-aids
Posted By: BeezKnees

Re: Food Shortages - 03/27/22 09:28 AM

Haha yyyyes
No doubt all are sticked up on TP after the "shortages" a few years ago!

Re: Food Shortages - 03/27/22 09:35 AM

Remember your barter goods stocked along with the gardens
It's kinda beautiful, seems we are getting back to basics
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Food Shortages - 03/27/22 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by BeezKnees
Haha yyyyes
No doubt all are sticked up on TP after the "shortages" a few years ago!

Ha ha and with shortages of food they may not need the TP. Nothing in nothing out.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Food Shortages - 03/27/22 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Thats not good. Who knew that Russia produces the worlds fertilizer. Of course that really dont matter now after our politicians let the Chinese government buy up millions of acres of US farmland.

The media's bull fertilizer should be enough to fertilize the wourld.

Re: Food Shortages - 03/27/22 12:57 PM

The obesity problem will be solved.

Re: Food Shortages - 05/03/22 05:07 PM

Hahaha..true that!
Posted By: WANNABE-TRAPPER

Re: Food Shortages - 05/03/22 08:48 PM

You looked around we could use some food shortages. Lol.

Tuckers job is to try and scare everyone. That all this is. We throw away 40+% of the food we grow.

Re: Food Shortages - 05/03/22 08:51 PM

Tucker is trying to warn people, but as usual they are not paying attention. Think its just a coincidence that all-these food plants are burning?
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Food Shortages - 05/03/22 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Tucker is trying to warn people, but as usual they are not paying attention. Think its just a coincidence that all-these food plants are burning?

Yes. It's a normal number, you have just never seen them all together like that before. Probably more of most other kinds of businesses are burned than food plants.
Posted By: WANNABE-TRAPPER

Re: Food Shortages - 05/03/22 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254

Plants burning junk is a made up nothing as well.
There are hundreds and hundreds of plants some fires aren’t out of the normal. It’s just more panic talk to get people in the bubble worked up. Every company and lobbying firm involved that have a direct reason to not want fires in a food plant says it’s not a problem but a random dude on TV scares the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) out of everyone lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums