Home

What's some things you enjoy about

Posted By: Wolfdog91

What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 12:57 AM

Your job ? Seems alot of folks hate their jobs but honestly I've come to my enjoy all of little things about my job .From the regulars who like to pull me asking to chat for a few minutes,to kids who like me t honk the forklift horn for em or heck even some of the dogs that get brought in regularly grin There a great Dane that come in weekly who seem to always find me and get a few pets grin What's some of y'all's ?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:03 AM

I Was a Sporting Goods Manager for 19+ years. I miss many of the Customers. The Company crap, Nope

I Farm beef now. Etc. Some of my former Customers come out to shoot on my Rifle Range, that's Nice to still provide for people a place.

[Linked Image]

Cattle & Grandkids watching Cattle
[Linked Image]
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:11 AM

My job, for the most part, keeps me away from people. I love that.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:16 AM

Seeing the barn so full I can't close the doors after 3rd cutting.
And new calves.
Mom cows coming up to have me scratch there backs.
Pheasants on the west fence line.
Dogs obeying commands when they first go out.
Sunrise
Sunsets
Campfire with friends and a good Scotch
Shooting a 1 inch group
Putting out the first trap of the season
Finishing the last fur of the season
Every day I wake up
To many blessings to list them all and knowing it.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:19 AM

The people I work along side with.
Posted By: danvee

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:21 AM

Working outdoors most every day of my life.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:24 AM

The pay.
Having days off during the week.
They pay.
Every other weekend off.
The pay.
Posted By: GoGitter

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:27 AM

My customers! I'm a mailman and I get along with my customers unlike most of the people on trapperman. I enjoy watching the farmers tear the land up, plant, and then watch the crops grow. Lots of deer, turkey, and other wildlife to watch while delivering the mail. Great job
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
My job, for the most part, keeps me away from people. I love that.

I second that!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 02:25 AM

I love being outside every morning as the sun rises and the birds start to sing.

I love spending the day surrounded by the sight and scent of blooming flowers, herbs and other plants.

That's all I got, lol.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 02:25 AM

I’m gonna refrain from jinxing myself, lol.
Lots of things though.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 02:44 AM

It's four days a week, and it pays the bills. I suppose I can't ask for more than that. I like working on cars, but I wouldn't do it for free.
Posted By: Norwestalta

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 02:47 AM

I love the roar and smell of a diesel engine when pushing blade a full of dirt.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 02:59 AM

Plain and Simple The KIDS! Teaching, coaching, Athletic Director, ran a group home for juvenile boys 8 of lived with 24-7-365, all in some way shape or form since 1980.
Love the kids. This is it for teaching though, retiring due to retirement health insurance changes June 3rd. Love the KIDS.

With that, teaching the Constitution as it is written, and creating independent thinkers that are problem solvers.

Oh yeah, I booked my retirement moose hunt yesterday for 2024. Big dream of mine, been saving and investing for 22 years.
Posted By: warrior

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 03:01 AM

Are you kidding? I trap for a living what's not to love. Well, customers I enjoy my customers but not all of them. LOL
Posted By: 3togo

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 12:19 PM

Wolfie,

I retired about 3-1/2 years ago. Gotta say everything. I do miss working, both the people I shared great ideas with and constantly learning new things. Not the people who managed the businesses.

I can still learn new stuff every day.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 12:35 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I can't put my finger on it, but there is something about my job that keeps me doing it.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 12:50 PM

The money and overtime availability #1
Pension, benefits, I enjoy running heavy equipment, I have little oversight do my job and get left alone.

I get left alone and don't have to deal with many people wink

5 16 hr days this week= 80 hrs. Good check even after the government sexual assaults me.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Plain and Simple The KIDS! Teaching, coaching, Athletic Director, ran a group home for juvenile boys 8 of lived with 24-7-365, all in some way shape or form since 1980.
Love the kids. This is it for teaching though, retiring due to retirement health insurance changes June 3rd. Love the KIDS.

With that, teaching the Constitution as it is written, and creating independent thinkers that are problem solvers.

Oh yeah, I booked my retirement moose hunt yesterday for 2024. Big dream of mine, been saving and investing for 22 years.

Thank you for teaching kids to be Americans. smile Hope you have the best moose hunt ever.
Posted By: cattails

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:40 PM

My son and I work together. We get a lot of compliments on how well we work together. Even though we have different personalities and but heads on certain issues. We can can move a lot of work and are more profitable than I've ever been. Retiring scares me right now.......I don't want to let a good thing go.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 01:46 PM

The old Vietnam vet I work with "interacting" with the millennials we sometimes hire. It can be quite entertaining.
Posted By: poconobear

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 03:39 PM

I just retired after 24 years of working for a local municipality. I can honestly say I don’t miss work at all. If you want to be completely frustrated with your career, by all means work in government. I do stay in touch with a handful of like mined coworkers though
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: What's some things you enjoy about - 03/27/22 04:50 PM

[Linked Image]

Been doing Autobody / Painting / Collision work every day of every year Since 1975… Been a one man shop since 1987… make my own hours…and March to my own Drum. Still love making cars shine ,to this day.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums