Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 05:51 PM

that with a 22 probably has taken more deer than we could image
Posted By: sako22

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 05:52 PM

The infamous " one eyed dog"! Lol
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 05:57 PM

I have/had? one of those. It was 100,000,000 candel Power when new. The last time I ran across it and plugged it in I think a 3 cell mag light would be as bright.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 06:20 PM

I added extra wire to mine with alligator clips. I use it on my boat fishing at night. Lights up the water out in front of me. Things are sure enough bright. Dont buy replacement bulbs from Brinkmans. Any auto parts store has them at a fourth of the price.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 06:25 PM

They came with a nice carry bag

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 06:31 PM

I thought you were going to show us the front end of your trapping vechile...
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 06:59 PM

It needs a pad on top to rest the gun on.
I've also seen them taped to the underside of a 22
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 07:04 PM

Why use a spotlight when you can shoot them in daylight hours without raising suspicion. Now if you’re a trophy poacher it’s a different story.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by white dog
Why use a spotlight when you can shoot them in daylight hours without raising suspicion. Now if you’re a trophy poacher it’s a different story.

They were spoofing WD
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 08:50 PM

I got that same spotlight with the carry bag out in my truck right now.

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 09:19 PM

I had 3

There are much smaller and better ones now
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 09:34 PM

Many a truck seats have a hole thanks to them.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 09:37 PM

I had one similar for checking beaver traps... I would pull up on the bridge and shine it down at my set location. It was bright enough to illuminate the trap under the water. If the trap was there and undisturbed I went on. If it was gone you could shine out along the path of the drowner rod and sometimes see the dark shape of a dead beaver underwater.

Didn't work with ice on the water though... You would have to walk down and break the ice and check. But our beaver don't move much with hard water and usually waited a day or 3 till it would thaw out.

Mike
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Many a truck seats have a hole thanks to them.

Not sure how hot those get, but my dad had an old rectangle one that is older than I am. Lit a truck seat on fire in a ford with it when I was just a baby. I don't remember it, just the story of him having to get the seat unbolted and out of the truck while it was smoldering before it caught the rest of the truck on fire.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 09:43 PM

Some Indians here drive around with those fastened to the outside of their truck above the side view mirrors. They are bolted on and don’t even take them off lol.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I had one similar for checking beaver traps... I would pull up on the bridge and shine it down at my set location. It was bright enough to illuminate the trap under the water. If the trap was there and undisturbed I went on. If it was gone you could shine out along the path of the drowner rod and sometimes see the dark shape of a dead beaver underwater.

Didn't work with ice on the water though... You would have to walk down and break the ice and check. But our beaver don't move much with hard water and usually waited a day or 3 till it would thaw out.

Mike

That's a chargeable offense in Alabama. Illegal to shine a light from a roadway.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

That's a chargeable offense in Alabama. Illegal to shine a light from a roadway.

Might possibly be here too... But I would take the ticket and fight it.

Can't see much difference between that and angling my vehicle to shine my headlights at a set location. Heck, I've left the truck running and used the headlights to illuminate a set while I checked it.

I get the reasoning... But there's a difference between catching poachers and finding retarded reasons to issue citations... of course we are talking about government employees. So there's that to consider.

Mike

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 10:20 PM

I always talked out my Questions with the CO that could ticket me. Get their take on things. ALWAYS Helped
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/27/22 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

They were spoofing WD

Everybody???????? Spot lighting deer was not all that uncommon years ago, I wonder how many fox have been removed from traps by guys spot lighting deer?
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/28/22 10:53 AM

Burned out a 54 chevy and killed my hound .Went home for coffee and almost took the house to ,The car gun ,light and all was nothing but one of the best hounds I ever owned was gone
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/28/22 11:38 AM

We always looked for the Q beams with 250,000 CP and 2nd choice was the 500,000 cp when we used to float the river for coons. It was legal as long as you didn’t don’t have a motor on the boat. The lower power was more than enough and batteries lasted a lot longer. Also didn’t draw as much attention from 5 miles away.

The back seat of my Cherokee had a burn hole the size of a Q beam. One of my dogs jumped over the seat and turned it on. A buddy ran into work screaming that my keep was on fire. I got out there just in time. Lab and Springer came stumbling out yacking and hacking.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/28/22 12:42 PM

Got one for spot lighting before season.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Found one if the best deer killers - 03/30/22 01:10 AM

At night the light will freeze them into the "Deer in the headlights" mode
© 2024 Trapperman Forums