Home

Good Bye New Mexico

Posted By: ChadDaniel

Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 04:22 AM

Tomorrow the new trapping laws go into effect for the state of New Mexico. It makes me sad and wish there is something I could do. Do you all think that there is any chance that any of these state trapping laws Colorado, New Mexico, California could ever be overturned?
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 04:28 AM

It pains me to say it but once it’s done it’s probably done forever. If you can move. Move to a red state and help make it blood red.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 04:34 AM

You have my sympathies. Make no mistake, they're coming for all of us.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 04:43 AM

... I hate it for y’all Chad
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 04:57 AM

Sorry Democrats are enemies of trappers your legislature proved that once again!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 05:15 AM

I think the chances of your new laws being overturned is slim.. state like New Mexico, Colorado, Washington, that are primarily rural with a couple of large cities will always be ruled by what the big city residents want.

In Washington State, the 3 big counties around Seattle are able to out vote the entire rest of the state. Sad.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 10:12 AM

Live trap as many as you can and drop them off in the cities.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by drasselt
Sorry Democrats are enemies of trappers

any trapper who votes for a democrat is helping to drive a stake into the heart of Trapping.

(ieven if your local dem isn't an anti, when that Party gets into power, your local representative will be out-voted by the mainstream dems)
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 11:38 AM

We have a fight ahead of us, Iam not giving up nor am I going to stop trapping. I was born in this country Iam a NATIVE American!
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 11:40 AM

Just drove in to NM yesterday for my mom's memorial service. The feeling of lost liberty is ever growing. When I moved to WY I was wondering if I would see the day were animal management would be tuerned over to an un constitutional big brother type of government in my lifetime, just keep fighting for our freedoms. Start at home with the kiddos. New Mexico has fought and won alot of battles, very disheartening. frown
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 11:54 AM

So sad and tragic
Posted By: proratman

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 12:05 PM

We as trappers are dinosaurs and the comet is on its way to collide with the heart of tradition and heritage.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 12:10 PM

Welcome to communist America! Only one person on here ive blocked and as stated a democrat is no friend to trappers, he's a lawyer from alaska so you can figure out who it is. Id always said if i ever retired New Mexico is where id spend my final days, pretty country out there.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 02:51 PM

So sorry. We're losing state by state to a bunch of people that don't even know if their men or women. Makes me sick to my stomach.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 05:12 PM

Or are losing to people that won’t get off of their duffs and get out to vote?
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Or are losing to people that won’t get off of their duffs and get out to vote?

Amen to that!Or even join a trapping organization
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 06:39 PM

So what are the new rules?
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 07:26 PM

Its the city people. The city controls the rural people as wissmiss said. These folks are now moving to the country, state to state and will eventually have control there also. Take a look at what the antis are doing in Montana with the new trapper education laws. And some people here thinks that's ok. frown
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/01/22 07:32 PM

There's nothing wrong with trappers Ed.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 12:10 AM

CO. and now NM. are a real sore spot for me.

X2
Posted By: TC1

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 12:17 AM

One would think the Dem’s on here would see there err in their ways. But nope, continue on, we are all foolish for thinking they want our guns, traps, freedoms..... Right fellas? Odd how none of you ever speak up when these things occur. Almost deafening...... Wake up
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav

×3

I don't get how folks think trapper education = anti trapping. To me it's just the opposite.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 12:40 AM

Trappers Ed an explaining how animal populations work if not managed. Mange, distemper,rabies ect...
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 12:41 AM

We tried for years for trapper education, we finally got it passed and they added some more restrictions and the next year they passed the public land restriction. NO trapping, if you have a problem you can use a box trap with permission! I don't know how Wildlife Services will operate, I know how I will. You cannot give an inch they will destroy your way of life, they did it to me in NY, I always thought the West was free!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by rpmartin
Originally Posted by The Beav

×3

I don't get how folks think trapper education = anti trapping. To me it's just the opposite.

The thinking may be it's a barrier in introducing trapping. If it's like hunter's ed here you just can't take the neighborhood kid on a simple squirrel hunt, he/she must have their card.
I wouldn't really consider them anti though.

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 12:45 AM

Here in KS an adult can take a kid hunting. Kid just can't hunt alone till the kid passes the course. Same with trapping. Kid can trap with an adult just has to have trapper ed to trap alone. I dont have a problem with that at all. In fact its a good idea IMO.
Posted By: ChadDaniel

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 01:04 AM

All trapping on public land is outlawed. No footholds, snares, body grips, or cage traps. The only exception is for federally recognized Native American tribe members. They can trap on public land for religious or ceremonial purposes. Any one caught violating this act is subject to one misdemeanor per trap on public land.

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Fisher
We tried for years for trapper education, we finally got it passed and they added some more restrictions and the next year they passed the public land restriction. NO trapping, if you have a problem you can use a box trap with permission! I don't know how Wildlife Services will operate, I know how I will. You cannot give an inch they will destroy your way of life, they did it to me in NY, I always thought the West was free!

Kudos to you all for fighting so hard against people that are so out of touch with reality and live in their twisted citified worlds that think they know what is right for everyone because they have no idea how mother nature actually works beyond turning on the Disney channel.

I have not ever seen one good thing that came out of a big city. Ever---- except maybe a few rocknroll bands. Lol

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 01:34 AM

Does the state of New Mexico have access to every tribal roster? Isnt the burden of proof on the state?

I am a native american. Born right here on this continent.

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 01:51 AM

Danny, you need to partner up with pocahontas, (Elizabeth Warren) and you could put the hurt on ole Wiley ima tellin ya. Lol
Posted By: danvee

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 02:07 AM

So I ask one question do you, and how many others in the state belong to your state and NTA organizations??? Im guessing half at least do not, so you are way behind the curve once its gone very, very, very hard to get back. In other words its gone. Here in Wy its in our constitution that we can continue to trap that it is a constitutional privlage and we are still weak. They will continue to limit our means to trap. New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, California should be a wake up call for all of us. As far as getting it back I doubt it your done trapping. Join your state and national associations.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 02:53 AM

And stop voting for dem antis whistle
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 04:13 AM

We fought it and beat them here in Ohio. At the time they had the biggest names with the most money.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 05:18 PM

Willy what did you use to fight them with?? NTA and state association money. Thats my point join pay dues or lose it however Colorado has a strong association and lots their trapping years ago and never got it back. Fight now and join the associations.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 05:23 PM

And help to stop voting liberals in!

Join all the associations ya want, if people keep voting democrats in, these laws will be coming!

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 05:52 PM

NM voted for Obama Hillary and Biden. The cockroachs just keep migrating

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
NM voted for Obama Hillary and Biden. The cockroachs just keep migrating

The population center in NM voted that. Pied Piper those critters in those centers until they get a better understanding of that which they have no understanding.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 06:25 PM

In Ohio when we fought the proposed “Election Issue Two ban of leg-hold traps” sure money came from NTA, FTA, and the League of Sportsmen. However much private money was also used. I drove all over to events, activities, festivals - wherever people gathered. I paid for literature to be copied to be distributed. For example, at the Cleveland Sport Show I paid for driving expenses, parking, admission, and a very expensive lousy meal for most of the 12 days. I missed work and could not afford those extra expenses, but did not complain or ask anyone to be reimbursed. The fight was necessary. Many people did the same and more. Charles Dobbins also worked as a great ambassador for trapping. We worked together and separately. Knowing him so well, I bet he was not reimbursed either.

One example about how devious the opposition was. Early one evening at the Sport Show two friendly middle aged couples approached our display booth. Their story was they were curious about the trapping issue. The two women were sisters and school teachers. They wanted to be informed about trapping. After the long discussion they said that they understood, agreed, and each asked for 30 copies of all of literature to be used in the classroom to inform and educate the kids that trapping was important, necessary, and should not be banned. So we gave them the material. Later and by happenstance, I found all of the literature thrown in a wastebasket in the men’s restroom. Obviously their goals were to learn our arguments, waste our time, and waste our money.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 06:25 PM

The closer you are to the left coast the worse it is. Public lands are for the use of everyone. Share and share alike.

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 06:39 PM

CA AZ NM CO. Western cats from NV UT ID WY and MT are about to get valuable. Going to be some serious cat poaching going on in a few years. That will fuel shutting down cat trapping in WY and ID. NV and MT is resident only for cats and UT and MT have quotas. WY and ID both have a pretty good cockroach infestation now. The cockroaches in Las Vegas and Reno are not to be underestimated either.

The future of trapping is going to be working for somebody. Livestock and hunted animal protection. The days of trapping for fur, nobody to please except yourself, are about over.

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 06:43 PM

I have had a good run. lots of memories and boxes full of pictures. I HATE seeing it come to an end.

I been saying for a long time that telling soccer moms you kill animals for fun is a real bad idea. I wish I had been wrong about that. just about every animal worshipers brochure starts out by showing a cute animal and then something written about killing them for sport.
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 06:59 PM

to be honest we as sportsman are propably a bigger threat to each other than the antis from what i see on here and other sites no group of sportsman get along trappers dont like dog people deer hunters dont like anybody so many varibles i see it all as a person who hunts traps runs hounds and hunts everything from squirrels to moose
Posted By: Boco

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 08:40 PM

There will always be people who will wear fur.It is simply the warmest thing available to those who live and work in cold climates.
I just sold a pile last couple days to people from up on the coast.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by k9-hunter
to be honest we as sportsman are propably a bigger threat to each other than the antis from what i see on here and other sites no group of sportsman get along trappers dont like dog people deer hunters dont like anybody so many varibles i see it all as a person who hunts traps runs hounds and hunts everything from squirrels to moose

I like a bit of everything also myself.I support all legal trapping,hunting,and fishing.

Re: Good Bye New Mexico - 04/02/22 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by k9-hunter

It’s worse if you are a land owner.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums