Home

Heads up Polaris Guys!

Posted By: MT bowhunter

Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 09:18 PM

mad I ordered a new Polaris Ranger in October. I made a down payment and was told I would be getting my Ranger by March or April. No worries everything is slow now....I checked a few weeks ago and they have moved the delivery date to mid June. Inconvenient but not unexpected in this day and age. NOW THE GOOD PART. I got an Email form Polaris the other day telling me that do to the increased cost of production and the lack of availability of parts they are INCREASING MY PURCHAS PRICE BY FIVE PERCENT. What a crock! I have never heard of any business doing this. Out here in Montana a deal is a deal. Nothing was mentioned about a potential increase for any reason. They took my down payment on November 1. That should be a done deal.
I called the dealership yesterday and talked to the salesman I purchased it from and he said he would have to call his area rep. and get back to me. So far I have heard nothing.
I have enough business expenses I really don't feel the need to toss Polaris another 1,200 dollars because of something I have nothing to do with.
My next call will be to the dealership owner. He is getting dangerously close to loosing a long time account!
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 09:36 PM

You have a right to be POed. Thanks for the heads up. I've been thinking of getting a new Ranger.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 09:41 PM

Maybe changing the name to Skyglo outdoorthingy
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 09:47 PM

I would think the purchase contract would give legal protection in court from this
Posted By: fossil2

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 09:49 PM

a buddy bought a new one last year, and some suspension part broke while under warranty, about 2 months in. they cant get the parts to fix it, and theyre still making the payments on it, while they cant use it. this was way back last summer. buyer beware i guess?
Posted By: hobbes

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 09:53 PM

I have heard that some dealers are having lots of trouble getting parts. There's a place that advertises want ads for used atvs in any condition and only mentions that new models can be ordered.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 10:08 PM

Wow....that's unreal
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 10:22 PM

Pat, I'm afraid I would be forced to tell them to return my earnest money, and I'll go to the honda shop! That is worse than rotten!
Posted By: keets

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Pat, I'm afraid I would be forced to tell them to return my earnest money, and I'll go to the honda shop! That is worse than rotten!

that's exactly what to do
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 10:30 PM

I have heard that Polaris is requiring an earnest payment and 8ts forfeited if one doesn't take delivery.q

It's the sign of the times,right or wrong. I have had a part on order from Arctic Cat since November, I'm been told I might see it in August. Thank goodness my guy found one on a shelf in NY.

I .have a friend that ordered a arctic cat sled in June. Don't think he's seen it yet. My brother needed a aprt for his boat motor last summer, took 2 months. 12 month old boat dead in the water
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 10:35 PM

I think I would cancel my order and ask for my money back.
Posted By: Mike N.

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 10:43 PM

I would be po'd too! I made a down payment on a polaris back in December. I think they said to expect delivery in that March/April time frame. Got a call in Feb and it was at the dealer waiting for me.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 10:56 PM

I bought a CFMOTO side by side last spring. Chinese owned company, but have been in business for 40 some years. Just not in the US. I was about crucified for buying it and not a Polaris. I guess Polaris have their problems also. I used my 1000 to check traps last winter. Had zero problems with it and put 2000 miles on it. Mine is a 2021 with power steering, roof and winch out the door for $12,999.
Posted By: beeman

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by fossil2
a buddy bought a new one last year, and some suspension part broke while under warranty, about 2 months in. they cant get the parts to fix it, and theyre still making the payments on it, while they cant use it. this was way back last summer. buyer beware i guess?

This is something that my mind cannot get past. They have parts to build new units but not to for the ones they sell that are under warranty and break. This makes no sense to me. Someday this way of treating the customer will come back and bite them it the butt.

Did you finance through Polaris? If you did can you put some pressure on your lender to get you your parts.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/01/22 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by MT bowhunter
mad I ordered a new Polaris Ranger in October. I made a down payment and was told I would be getting my Ranger by March or April. No worries everything is slow now....I checked a few weeks ago and they have moved the delivery date to mid June. Inconvenient but not unexpected in this day and age. NOW THE GOOD PART. I got an Email form Polaris the other day telling me that do to the increased cost of production and the lack of availability of parts they are INCREASING MY PURCHAS PRICE BY FIVE PERCENT. What a crock! I have never heard of any business doing this. Out here in Montana a deal is a deal. Nothing was mentioned about a potential increase for any reason. They took my down payment on November 1. That should be a done deal.
I called the dealership yesterday and talked to the salesman I purchased it from and he said he would have to call his area rep. and get back to me. So far I have heard nothing.
I have enough business expenses I really don't feel the need to toss Polaris another 1,200 dollars because of something I have nothing to do with.
My next call will be to the dealership owner. He is getting dangerously close to loosing a long time account!

Your talking to the wrong people.Call Consumer Affairs,,,The Better Business Bureau,,and The Attny. Generals Office.You will be surprised how fast things get taken care of then. smile
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:20 AM

That's total BS,thank's Joe you really are doing a bang up job for America!
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:24 AM

https://intimidatorutv.com/
Very good company
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:36 AM

Go honda wink
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

me too!
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:51 AM

Never liked polaris anyway. Get your money back and get a King Quad. You'll get better service and won't be waiting around on parts cause you'll most likely never need any

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:52 AM

Thanks fellas,
My neighbor has been trying to get a new Honda for over a year so that is out.
I currently have a 2017 with 26700 miles on it and it is getting tired. I pretty much use them for everything on the ranch. This spring I have two miles of fence to build that burned up last fall. It is very rough country that there is no way you could get a pickup into. I kind of have my back to the wall on this deal but I am not done fighting by any means.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:55 AM

Wow that’s terrible!
Posted By: Jacks

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 01:16 AM

From what I have been seeing I would think your up a creek, unfortunately

I be willing to bet they have it in fine print the price is when u take delivery. There has been no morales with some of these companies now a days when they get all the recent demand for units
Posted By: Nelson45

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 01:22 AM

Try to find a Honda out there! Allocations are even worse for them compared to Polaris. I work for a dealership that sells Polaris, Honda, and BRP. There is no sign of it getting any better from Honda or BRP. Polaris we can order some entry level Rangers and almost all ATV’s. Honda will not even let an order be placed for anything in our part of the country. The dealership had no way of predicting a price increase 6 months down the road given everything going on in this world. It’s definitely very unfortunate for the consumers and the dealerships.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Nelson45
Try to find a Honda out there! Allocations are even worse for them compared to Polaris. I work for a dealership that sells Polaris, Honda, and BRP. There is no sign of it getting any better from Honda or BRP. Polaris we can order some entry level Rangers and almost all ATV’s. Honda will not even let an order be placed for anything in our part of the country. The dealership had no way of predicting a price increase 6 months down the road given everything going on in this world. It’s definitely very unfortunate for the consumers and the dealerships.

well maybe the dealer shouldn't have taken money for the product he has no control over -- time for the dealership to step up and take a little hit to their bottom line or the manufacturer absorb a little of the increase. Not much of a manufacturer or a dealer if they won't do that.once you agree on a price and money changes hands --------
Posted By: Nelson45

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 02:20 AM

A deposit to hold a future allocation changed hands. Without a deposit on a machine, how does a dealership decide who gets the next allocation ( which are so very limited ) when the list of people wanting machines is a mile long? There has to be a way to separate serious buyers from tire kickers putting their names on a list, hence a deposit. How long would any business stay in business if they absorbed price adjustments all the time?
Posted By: Ken Smith

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 02:23 AM

The computer chips are the problem
We've been cut off and many of the new manufactured vehicles and industrial equipment is being pushed back longer and longer as the computer chip shortage grows

At this rate no one will be able to buy new vehicles that aren't electric, and those cost more carbon to make than most regular vehicles release in a lifetime
Posted By: Osky

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 02:33 AM

Pat I still have dibs on that Polaris 1000 with 300 miles on it if you want it.

Osky
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 03:10 AM

Sounds like the Harley Davidson deal back in the 90's. $1000 down, no refunds and you didn't have a choice of color or know what the total coast was going to be.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 03:13 AM

Got Honda or Yamaha .

I've been there and done the Polaris ranger junk.

One simple word "JUNK"

And when got the new ranger they had broken promises

Starting with a free service, only thing that was free about it
Was the oil only.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 04:06 AM

Last year our new Honda Pioneer 1000 Special Edition was on order for almost 9 months. It was scheduled for delivery 4 times. Top, windshield, Fox custom suspension, all 4 A arms protected, full belly skid plate, Warn winch, Maxxis tires, LED light, extra switch panel, and rear view mirror were all factory installed. A very impressive machine.[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapdye

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 04:40 AM

I bought a Ranger 500 back in 2004, At the time, Polaris was about the only one with a good sized UTV. This Ranger works all year long, would never be with out one, gets me into a lot of places nuisance trapping & plowing all winter. First thing I did when new, I replaced the battery with an full sized RV battery, The little one didn't.cut it. Over the years I have changed the oil, tires, starter, belt spark plug & brake pads . Still going strong.

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 04:41 AM

The problem I have with Honda's is you can not get a full cab. When It is negative 30 that plastic sheeting you can buy does not to a heck of a lot. Right now Hondas are not an option as you can not even order one. I want something with a full cab or I might as well be riding my skidoo.

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 06:00 AM

MT - Honda and aftermarket companies both offer full cabs. Heat, air conditioning, air freshener, or whatever else you like.

One of my customers has 5 side by sides. A Honda 700 he bought used with low miles from an oil company exec. The guy sold it because he wanted bigger. It has a full insulated aftermarket cab and heat. Nice rig.

I am hard to impress by equipment and gear. Power and torque are usually exaggerated. Not on this machine. Very good everything. Another plus is that as they go up in engine size, the body gains a bit of size. It seems to be a very good match!

The Special Edition adds quite a bit to the price. However it costs less than buying the accessories and upgrades and doing it yourself. It was an easy decision for me.

Did not know Hondas could not be ordered.

Did you check out the CanAm? They offer a full cab model from the factory.

The salesman or dealer trying to up-charge you needs a strong lesson in integrity.

Hope you find what you need.
Posted By: cat catcher

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 06:33 AM

Had a. Deposit on a yamaha Grizzly in camo since last June they tell me April sometime. Could have got a black one but wanted camo.
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 07:45 AM

Can-am defender 800 and don’t look back
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by backroadsarcher

My lady tried that. She ordered a gun and they asked her to pay some down on it. Maybe all of it. It was supposed to get here in 2 weeks. After a month she asked for her money back and the dealer was going to keep 20% of it because he "had done his part", just couldn't get the gun. She ended up buying a different gun just to keep her money and I bought it from her. Our world is changing for the worse.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 10:33 AM

You have a sales contract. Do not pay the extra 5%
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 10:39 AM

I love capitalism but this is one of the down falls. Being able to ride the price as such is what the market allows. We as outdoorsmen need to quit these fools to reduce the demand and bring the prices under control.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 10:43 AM

Happened to me on a Speed Queen washer and dryer set. Raisers the price $300 3 months after I ordered it. I made them split the difference. We gave up on Polaris a couple years ago.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 10:57 AM

I use my UTV as my office and it gets "used." Lines extending to 80 miles per day in heat especially.
I said goodbye to Polaris and their subpar parts in 2015. Went with Kawasaki because the ranch lands of south Texas are brutal on buggies and I watch what these ranches all run.
All in the span of several years from 2013 to 2015, 15 of my 17 ranches switched from Polaris to Kawasaki because they can't afford to have side by sides in the fix it shop as often as Polaris units require.
Last three years, more and more going with Honda because of various reasons.
So, I traded my Mule, which had 12,500 miles on it for a Honda Pioneer 1000 and away we will go this year.
I put RP Spartan tires on it (had to order and wait three months for them) so the 12 ply military tires are swapped out for the stock tires and we will be checking traps in May in a FINE machine.
Have used it once already for a week long contract for predators and whew this buggie has horses!

I'd suggest saying goodbye to Polaris as I said goodbye to Chevy many years ago. Service is off the charts TOO expensive.
You'll be waiting on parts just like you're waiting on the buggie. Ouch.

Blessings!
Mark
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:03 PM

Look for your own parts if your dealer can't find it . I needed a Honda ignition switch waited a month . I got tired of waiting I found it in 15min on amazon and had it in three days
Posted By: Turd Furgeson

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 12:51 PM

Man I would be flat out mad, the problem is if you cancel on them they will have that thing sold at their higher price within hours, so they probably do not give a crap if you cancel or not. Hopefully they do the right thing. Good luck.
Posted By: oneeyedtrapper

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 01:08 PM

I'm struggling with the fact that 5% of a new Polaris Ranger equals $1,200! WOW!

Good luck getting a machine.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 01:31 PM

I went to Polaris for oil and filter to change my oil. They had a "kit" which was two quarts of oil and a filter in a pretty little box. $80 and I felt violated.

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 01:42 PM

Anyone who doesn't deep dive into how much servicing "things" these days costs will not fare well financially.
Gone are the days when a spark plug kit and a new switch fixed 'er.
Today, the lights blink, the engine governors brake, and you will be forced to find a mechanic who is way north of $100 per hour to see what they can do for you. When they can.

If you use "stuff" day in day out it matters.
Play stuff maybe not so much.

Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 02:00 PM

Do not cancel your allocation!!! At very least look into selling your allocation to someone else, you may make $1,000+ off the deal. You have an investment in waiting, get something out of it atleast.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 02:05 PM

First trapping vehicle I ever used was a 60 1/2 ton chevy. Had a straight 6 and 4 speed manual. 2wd. That old chevy 4 speed had a real low 1st gear. Didnt use it for just road driving. Was more like a 3 speed with an extra low gear. Worked pretty good with snow tires on it but when the snow got deep or something a 4wd worked better. Cousin had an old surplus willy's jeep. It had no heater and the canvas top wasnt in the best shape. Only run about 40 mph flat out. I would borrow it though at times. A tach dwell meter a compression gauge and a test light were all the diagnostic equipment you ever needed for either one.

Todays pickups last longer. By a bunch. Break down less. When they do break its pricey though. The simplicity of something you can fix yourself has a lot of advantages. Not sure which way I like better.

Never saw a need for a big golf cart. I prefer a pickup. When it gets muddy and landowners don't want me using a pickup I use a 4wheeler. Haul it property to property on a trailer with my pickup. The comfort of a pickup is hard to beat.

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 02:56 PM

You couldn't trap in south Texas with a pickup effectively. Depends where someone traps.
I'd use a truck in Kansas.

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 03:13 PM

[Linked Image]

You can see what driving around in mesquite does to paint all right. I never worry much about looks. I just want everything working properly.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 03:51 PM

What does a Dodge have to do with getting a Polaris? Read what Pat said why he needs a Ranger. whistle

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 04:12 PM

Well I have to confess I never used one. Looking at them I have a hard time believing they will go places a pickup won't. They haven't been around that many years but somehow fences still got built. Guys I know that use them, use them to keep from dinging up their pickup. I think its cheaper to just use the pickup.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 04:31 PM

Width of Polaris Ranger 60"
Width of Suzuki Samurai 60.6"
Width of 1980 Toyota pickup 63.3"

Not much difference there except for cost and longevity. Polaris definetly wins on highest cost, but you sure don't get much life out of them. $24,000 for something that is completely worn at 20,000 miles equals over a $1/mile. . . before you add in repair costs.

Now a fourwheeler is narrow enough to go a lot of places a pickup or most of the new side by sides won't. There are a couple side by sides made that are still narrow, and are popular with those people who actually want to drive them somewhere other than down the main road. But they still cost quite a bit and tend to not come with usefully designed cargo areas.

Now if you are trapping/hunting private land some landowners will allow ATV/UTVs where they don't want you driving pickups, so that could be a potential benefit. Personally I see people tear ground up a lot more with them than with pickups, but it is the owners making the rules.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 04:40 PM

I can go on wet ground with my UTV that I would not dare with my pickup. Weight is the big thing.

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 05:14 PM

MT bowhunter - have any suggestions helped?

Mark - glad to see that you got your Pioneer and like it. What level and color did you get? Did you install that part for the seatbelt? Did/are you going to install a soft/hard back window to keep out crud from sucking in? I need to install side mirrors, can’t get used to the rear view mirror.
Posted By: run

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 05:26 PM

There's a trapper who uses a side by side in Shenandoah , VA. Not a Polaris ranger. It's one of the other brands.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/02/22 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Well I have to confess I never used one. Looking at them I have a hard time believing they will go places a pickup won't. They haven't been around that many years but somehow fences still got built. Guys I know that use them, use them to keep from dinging up their pickup. I think its cheaper to just use the pickup.

Danny, if you saw Pats country, you’d understand why he needs a side by side. Keep in mind, this isn’t just for trapping but it’s his daily work vehicle maintaining thousands and thousands of acres of ranch. I grew up on a four wheeler and I’ve ridden with Pat up some goat trails that made me want to re up my life insurance policy. His daily routine requires opening and shutting a zillion gates. It’s a whole lot nicer stepping out of the side by side than crawling in and out of a truck. The fuel savings alone would be worth it if he never had to access some of the country he does. I can honestly say I don’t think there’s a member on here who has a Utv that actually “uses” it as much as Pat.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/03/22 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Originally Posted by backroadsarcher

My lady tried that. She ordered a gun and they asked her to pay some down on it. Maybe all of it. It was supposed to get here in 2 weeks. After a month she asked for her money back and the dealer was going to keep 20% of it because he "had done his part", just couldn't get the gun. She ended up buying a different gun just to keep her money and I bought it from her. Our world is changing for the worse.

Why?
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/03/22 04:23 PM

tried to buy a new honda and could not find one ,all were six to a year out wait. Ordered a Can-Am couple months I got it seems a little lighter than my Honda Rubicon 2009 ,Same with a new mower ended with a Hustler but was upgraded to a commercial model because the one I ordered never came in .So I say patience grass hopper !
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/03/22 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
First trapping vehicle I ever used was a 60 1/2 ton chevy. Had a straight 6 and 4 speed manual. 2wd. That old chevy 4 speed had a real low 1st gear. Didnt use it for just road driving. Was more like a 3 speed with an extra low gear. Worked pretty good with snow tires on it but when the snow got deep or something a 4wd worked better. Cousin had an old surplus willy's jeep. It had no heater and the canvas top wasnt in the best shape. Only run about 40 mph flat out. I would borrow it though at times. A tach dwell meter a compression gauge and a test light were all the diagnostic equipment you ever needed for either one.

Todays pickups last longer. By a bunch. Break down less. When they do break its pricey though. The simplicity of something you can fix yourself has a lot of advantages. Not sure which way I like better.

Never saw a need for a big golf cart. I prefer a pickup. When it gets muddy and landowners don't want me using a pickup I use a 4wheeler. Haul it property to property on a trailer with my pickup. The comfort of a pickup is hard to beat.

X2
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/03/22 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by run
There's a trapper who uses a side by side in Shenandoah , VA. Not a Polaris ranger. It's one of the other brands.

Can-Am if it’s the same guy I know.
Posted By: blackoak

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/03/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MT bowhunter
The problem I have with Honda's is you can not get a full cab. When It is negative 30 that plastic sheeting you can buy does not to a heck of a lot. Right now Hondas are not an option as you can not even order one. I want something with a full cab or I might as well be riding my skidoo.

I have a full hard cab on my Pioneer 700. Got it used for 500 bucks. New ones are around 2500 bucks. They make a huge difference when it is below freezing.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/03/22 10:18 PM

I have a can am and love it. Took 5 months to get it and another 2 months for the doors and rear bumper. Wasn't cheap.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: red mt

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/03/22 10:23 PM

Buy a can am imo it's almost bomb proof imo
Red
Posted By: minkercooner

Re: Heads up Polaris Guys! - 04/03/22 11:14 PM

Had polaris all my life. Went to a can am HD 10 limited in 2020 put 15k miles on it ordered another one last April just finally got my new one in last week . 10 times the machine.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums