Home

How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD

Posted By: Canvasback2

How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 02:19 PM

Just saw this on the news, this Morning.

[Linked Image]

Are those Tank Mines, or Anti Personel Land Mines ?
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 02:22 PM

That field would be easy . Just trigger the first one and because they are so close the rest will go off.....

22-250 at 400 yards ! Job well done.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 02:23 PM

Easy peazy, BIP How long? As long as it takes to place a half block of C-4 on each and tie in with det cord.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 05:05 PM

Have you seen the vids of little cars in Ukraine carefully driving over those by centering the line of them between their wheels? Saw one where there were a bunch of mines at angles on a bridge. Watched 2 cars do the trick, but who knows, maybe all fake...
Posted By: Drifter

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 05:39 PM

I would worry was some below grade as well.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 06:03 PM

humans aint bobcats. exposed traps dont work to good. i suspect fakery

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
humans aint bobcats. exposed traps dont work to good. i suspect fakery

That's why I would BIP them (blow in place). You don't know if they have a pressure release device under them.
Posted By: warrior

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 06:44 PM

Engineers never make it easy to take something we build apart.

But fake or not we just made you stop or go around right where we wanted you to for our buddies on the heavy guns.
Posted By: lestan101

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 06:48 PM

Yep BIP and make sure to get them all at once. Jbyrd63, sympathetic detonation is not a good idea, it does work well in the movies though. It makes it worse to go back into that mess and finish the ones that didn't blow up. Bossman those M-5 mousetraps are no fun to play with. BIP is the only way to get it breached and move on.

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 06:48 PM

Or we wait until Bossman gets out in the middle of those things then take him out from distance.

Mines are nasty business no matter how you cut it.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 06:49 PM

i think the picture is fake news. like the people with cardboard guns.

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Or we wait until Bossman gets out in the middle of those things then take him out from distance.

Remote initiation is one of those things that will get you, and is the worst case scenario.

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Originally Posted by warrior

Remote initiation is one of those things that will get you, and is the worst case scenario.

Dad was infantry and was in country for that Tet shindig. He was not happy at all with me being an engineer. As he told it, Charlie loved sneaking in at night and mining the roads then at first light the engineers had to go out and find those mines. He said they lost quite a few engineers the way I described.
Posted By: Bruiser1

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 11:39 PM

Would take forever with a prodder.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/02/22 11:45 PM

Not long

Posted By: Mark K

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/03/22 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by ND FTA
Ex 12B here. Surface laid mines are common practice. The idea is to kill the first vehicle that doesn't see them, then they pause and decide whether to breech through, or go around. Everything around that mine field is a pre-sighted artillery kill box. They pause, drop artillery on them. They bring up engineers to breech, drop artillery on them. They move west toward cover, drop artillery on them. Actually more efficient to put in and remove, and a lot of times just as effective.

We are Artillery, King of battle, follow me!
Posted By: waggler

Re: How long will it take to clean that field ? EOD - 04/03/22 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Have you seen the vids of little cars in Ukraine carefully driving over those by centering the line of them between their wheels? Saw one where there were a bunch of mines at angles on a bridge. Watched 2 cars do the trick, but who knows, maybe all fake...

That wouldn't surprise me one little bit. I am always giving my Slavic (Russian and Ukrainian) friends a hard time about their terrible risk assessment skills.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums