Home

Coonman

Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Coonman - 04/04/22 03:44 AM

I’m nowhere near free of judging others, though I try my best not to. Dave is what he is. It’s my best guess that if he could type better, he would. And if he didn’t need the advice, even if it’s over and over on a particular subject, he wouldn’t ask. Dave. I’m surprised you keep asking for advice on here…you’ve got thick skin. Keep charging.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 03:45 AM

I'd Say!
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 05:10 AM

grin "Keep charging" ....

I remember your smile when I met you long ago, John....and can see you now, even over a subject such as vechiles in any way described....
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 05:39 AM

Could be just seems to me he posts and then sits back as the pages pile up
Posted By: trapNH

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 09:24 AM

Coonman, if you have a question, ask it.
Posted By: hobbes

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 09:31 AM

Don't be shy about asking your questions coonman.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫
I’m nowhere near free of judging others, though I try my best not to. Dave is what he is. It’s my best guess that if he could type better, he would. And if he didn’t need the advice, even if it’s over and over on a particular subject, he wouldn’t ask. Dave. I’m surprised you keep asking for advice on here…you’ve got thick skin. Keep charging.

Thank you John. Good post.

Mac
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 09:47 AM

Conman is wiser than anybody else on this site.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 09:57 AM

John, I agree the guys got some seriously thick skin.

That said, I also think the guy asks some legitimate questions that he doesn't know the answer to. You can always tell which ones they are as they'll have follow ups asking for clarification someone posted. I also don't think he knows how to look up his old posts and will ask the same question over and over because it falls out of sight.

Then there are times where I think he wants people to agree with him, no matter how outlandish the idea may be. Like a yes man. If you read the whole street construction thread he kept bringing up how the rich people and city people were out to get him and push out the poor people. It didn't matter that the richer people on his street were going to be just as inconvenienced as he was.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 11:29 AM

I hope he gets those city folks in line and gets his street fixed where he can get to his house.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 11:34 AM

I enjoy Dave's threads. He's my wordle.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 03:33 PM

You don't know who is reading his posts. By that I mean even if he doesn't take your advice you are just as likely to be helping someone in a similar situation that was afraid to ask. Or if they get into that situation in the future they will have gleaned the information from you already and can apply it. I'll bet many of the people have here have picked up something they can use from his posts.

On a side note it's easy for everyone else to see what kind of person you are by the responses given in his posts. You know,,, if you don't have anything nice to say,,, the golden rule,,, and those type things certainly apply.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 03:42 PM

"Coonman" along with a few others on here are T-Man treasures, always enjoy his posts and would buy him lunch anytime.
Posted By: run

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by BTLowry
I hope he gets those city folks in line and gets his street fixed where he can get to his house.

Me too.
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
"Coonman" along with a few others on here are T-Man treasures, always enjoy his posts and would buy him lunch anytime.

X2
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 03:46 PM

I would like to trap with coonman but he would hate me- by the time he got his trap bedded in sand I would have all the other spots set. Im use to bedding in rock......
Posted By: hippie

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
You don't know who is reading his posts. By that I mean even if he doesn't take your advice you are just as likely to be helping someone in a similar situation that was afraid to ask. Or if they get into that situation in the future they will have gleaned the information from you already and can apply it. I'll bet many of the people have here have picked up something they can use from his posts.

On a side note it's easy for everyone else to see what kind of person you are by the responses given in his posts. You know,,, if you don't have anything nice to say,,, the golden rule,,, and those type things certainly apply.

I agree with that, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Until you ask it again an hour later on the same thread, after several people already answered.

There's another golden rule....God gave you one mouth but two ears for a reason..
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 03:53 PM

Dave is a soacil butterfly.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 04:44 PM

Jayme, I was probably too gentle. I was really just pointing out that there sure are a lot of people who like to mock him. Even if he sometimes makes it easy, he doesn’t deserve it.

Believe me, I’ve thought some of the things that are said. You’re right…the golden rule.
Posted By: larrywaugh

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 05:18 PM

Making fun of a fellow trapper when you don't know his circumstances is unacceptable. If you don't like his posts don't read em.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫

Jayme, I was probably too gentle. I was really just pointing out that there sure are a lot of people who like to mock him. Even if he sometimes makes it easy, he doesn’t deserve it.

Believe me, I’ve thought some of the things that are said. You’re right…the golden rule.

This. And then
Originally Posted by larrywaugh
Making fun of a fellow trapper when you don't know his circumstances is unacceptable. If you don't like his posts don't read em.

This! Please be respectfull! Good post John!
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Coonman - 04/04/22 06:24 PM

Dave,if you have questions---continue to ask them. None of us on here--have all the answers(though some think they do).
Make the trip this summer to the MTA convention,look me up and we can converse at length. I'll have a chair for you at my booth.
Tom
© 2024 Trapperman Forums