Home

Moving to DownEast MAINE!

Posted By: LCoutdoorsman333

Moving to DownEast MAINE! - 04/05/22 10:08 PM

Hey all will be moving to downcast maine for a job. Would love to know about the area and more about maine. Has always been a place i wanted to spend some time in and possibly plant the roots. I love ocean fishing,foraging as well as freshwater fishing, hunting and of coarse trapping. I have been looking up all of the laws there seeing what i can and can't do as a current out of state refugee seeking asylum in your state. Anyways I have a ton of questions about fishing inshore for mackerel off the rocks. and some trapping ones. and how the land use works there. anyone care to PM or share some info would be great or just chat open on here. not looking to spot burn just more of how to do what and how to find where too. Super excited to be up there soon.

Thanks T-Man community in advance.

Re: Moving to DownEast MAINE! - 04/08/22 11:43 PM

ttt
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Moving to DownEast MAINE! - 04/08/22 11:53 PM

You can hunt trap and fish on any unposted land.Downeast Maine is right on the coast.Great sea duck hunting on the ocean.Nice ocean fishing for cod,pollock,and flounder.Great area also to dig clams.

Re: Moving to DownEast MAINE! - 04/08/22 11:55 PM

Beaver everywhere as well.You are also allowed to use foothold traps here unlike New Jersey.

Re: Moving to DownEast MAINE! - 04/09/22 12:43 AM

thanks i have been reading a lot and hope i can enjoy it. i want to try mackerel fishing from shore any experience in it? plenty of youtube stuff out there jsut looking for any first hand knowledge if its there. will learn as i go of course. sure am lucky i get to be up there in a state that is more free. i been a refugee away from the republic for a while now lol

Re: Moving to DownEast MAINE! - 04/09/22 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by LCoutdoorsman333
thanks i have been reading a lot and hope i can enjoy it. i want to try mackerel fishing from shore any experience in it? plenty of youtube stuff out there jsut looking for any first hand knowledge if its there. will learn as i go of course. sure am lucky i get to be up there in a state that is more free. i been a refugee away from the republic for a while now lol

You can catch mackerel right off the piers.

Re: Moving to DownEast MAINE! - 04/09/22 12:50 AM

one thing i do have a direct question about can i dip net the herring or smelt? as an out of stater. if i am going to stay inmate i will become a resident but i am trying to find laws on that. it seems like its up to local jurisdictions?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums