Home

Koisoi

Posted By: beaverpeeler

Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:05 AM

For those asking that Alexei send you a PM he has consistently said that for technical reasons he cannot initiate PM's. You have to PM him first.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:07 PM

Being an open forum he has to watch what he says. Those Three letter word police are watching everything
too bad we are back into the Cold war again
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
For those asking that Alexei send you a PM he has consistently said that for technical reasons he cannot initiate PM's. You have to PM him first.

Hillman.. Sounds fishy to me
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:34 PM

He uses a text translation app on his computer to communicate with us. He doesn't have a grasp of English. Keep in mind not everything translates as clearly as we think it does. I'm also wonder if its just our text that translates and not the words on the symbols we use.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
He uses a text translation app on his computer to communicate with us. He doesn't have a grasp of English. Keep in mind not everything translates as clearly as we think it does. I'm also wonder if its just our text that translates and not the words on the symbols we use.

Have you ever used a text translater? His comments look far too correct to have been translated into English from another language...He seems to have a better grasp of the English language than many on this site...Just my opinion of course...

He may now be shoveling snow from the streets of Moscow...
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Redknot

Have you ever used a text translater? His comments look far too correct to have been translated into English from another language...He seems to have a better grasp of the English language than many on this site...Just my opinion of course...

He may now be shoveling snow from the streets of Moscow...

You never know.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:50 PM

A little patience, understanding and open minds could go a long ways here give the guy some credit for his efforts to reach out to us. I find it interesting trying to figure it out and how he thinks and why. Listen to learn rather then just to respond like a lot do on here.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:54 PM

No I haven't. And yes that might be a possibility. I will say I haven't followed his every post but the ones I have he seems respectful and I haven't seen anything that would cause me to think he might be doing what you are hinting. But like I said I haven't seen his every post and I'm trying to be less pre judgemental in my ways so if I'm missing something I apologize.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:56 PM

If he isn't what he says he is it will just become clearer over time and to be honest I doubt he's really much of a thread to us here on trapperman so I'm not overly worried

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 12:58 PM

He might be after the backbreaker formula? LOL

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

Second thought..... we better call in a hit on him to be on the safe side. Lol.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

Second thought..... we better call in a hit on him to be on the safe side. Lol.

You need me?

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 01:13 PM

crazy grin
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 01:16 PM

English to German translators I used did have some issues.

I hope he is well.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 01:22 PM

Wet dog

Not quite yet but it's good to know who to call now if i do

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 01:34 PM

No I haven't. And yes that might be a possibility. I will say I haven't followed his every post but the ones I have he seems respectful and I haven't seen anything that would cause me to think he might be doing what you are hinting. But like I said I haven't seen his every post and I'm trying to be less pre judgemental in my ways so if I'm missing something I apologize.

Don't assume I am hinting at anything...All I said is having used language text translators the message is usually conveyed, but it is often obvious it had been changed...

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 01:56 PM

Don't assume I am hinting at anything...All I said is having used language text translators the message is usually conveyed, but it is often obvious it had been changed...

I'll take your suggestion into consideration moving forward. Thanks
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 03:44 PM

Sure seems odd to me that you have to contact him via PM in order to have a conversation with him by a P
m.

Isn’t there someone on here that is up on internet communications that can explain why?

One day on a thread that was deleted the conversation went on for over 12 hours. Seemed unusual to me. I thought it might be several people using the same name!

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:05 PM

There seem to be a lot of guys that look for conspiracy and skullduggery on this site. With Alexei (Kosoi) I doubt anything as nefarious as that. As stated, he apparently uses translation apps which are always imperfect.

As an example he asked me about my beaver "kits" which in the context was confusing until I figured out that his app had used "kit" instead of "set". Those of us that know Alexei for a little longer know that he is a bonified Siberian beaver trapper and hunter.

He also is a Russian patriot and believes in his government and what it is doing. He loves and supports Putin...just like 83% of his countrymen do as well according to recent polls.

I give the man credit for coming on here to try to explain things to us from his point of view. I am sure he would like to convince us that Russia is in the right here. And finally he has stated he cannot initiate PM's because of a technical issue. It could be he just doesn't know how, or something else. He has needed periodic help on posting videos, etc. I take it for face value.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:20 PM

Face value it is. That’s why I asked the questions.

Thanks for your responses!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:21 PM

Wish we could all just be trappers without the politics.....but sure is hard at times!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap

Sure seems odd to me that you have to contact him via PM in order to have a conversation with him by a P
m.

Isn’t there someone on here that is up on internet communications that can explain why?

One day on a thread that was deleted the conversation went on for over 12 hours. Seemed unusual to me. I thought it might be several people using the same name!

I thought from the varying sentence structures used and varying emotional reactions, within seconds in one case, that they are likely two people and possibly three distinct people.

Maybe he uses different translators.

Keith
Posted By: KOSOI

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:27 PM

Guys, it's just funny to read what you write about me. I am a simple villager. I have a family. I am raising three daughters. I love hunting. I am not a politician.
If you have any questions for me. ask me.
Don't be rude.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:30 PM

My opinion on Kosoi is identical to Beaverpeeler's opinion.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:30 PM

But we will definitely meet with you, and you will have to answer for what you said.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:32 PM

To prove who you are we need to see pictures of the daughters! grin

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Robert ! I don't recognize you ! What about ethnic cleansing ????

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by KOSOI
Guys, it's just funny to read what you write about me. I am a simple villager. I have a family. I am raising three daughters. I love hunting. I am not a politician.
Don't be rude.

Good day KOISI, what language translator do you use. Your English grammar, usage and punctuation are far better than some that use English as their first and only language. Could it also be that you do know English, but feel it is not of high quality?

Thanks

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:37 PM

Carl !!! and my boot size you want ? tired

Better ask their ages first if they are under age that could be very creepy. Like Biden and Clinton creepy
Posted By: AKAjust

But we will definitely meet with you, and you will have to answer for what you said.

And you too sir.
just

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:39 PM

Sticks and stons can break my bones but words in the internet can never hurt me... unless your a soft brain dead snowflakes.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:41 PM

Robert ! I don't recognize you ! What about ethnic cleansing ????

Bad translation I suppose,just a reaction to the word "cleansing".
Alexei,Beaverpeelers statement was in support of you,not against you.As is mine.
Politics for Americans is utmost in their Brain,moreso than trapping.I as a Canadian have fun with that.
I conside this a trapping site first but it is also a forum for trappers to spout about all kinds of stuff.

Great bunch of people here,and Paul and the Moderators do an excellent job.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:43 PM

Don't be rude.

Good day KOISI, what language translator do you use. Your English grammar, usage and punctuation are far better than some that use English as their first and only language. Could it also be that you do know English, but feel it is not of high quality?

Thanks

I'm sorry. I don't know your name. In Russia it's customary to address you by your first name. I use this translator. https://www.deepl.com/ru/translator
Alexey

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:46 PM

Carl !!! and my boot size you want ? tired

Apologies...my poor attempt at humor. smile

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 04:49 PM

I'm in a great mood right now. we have a spring hunting opener the day after tomorrow. I'm getting ready for it now.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 05:00 PM

Kosoi-What will you be hunting?

Moosetrot

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot

Moosetrot

After having my eyes open by other trappers on here I bet spring hunting is a code word with the Russian mafia for ordering a hit on American trappers. grin

KOSOI
In case that doesn't come out as intended with your translator, that was just me trying to be funny

Seth

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 05:15 PM

Moosetrot

After having my eyes open by other trappers on here I bet spring hunting is a code word with the Russian mafia for ordering a hit on American trappers. grin

KOSOI
In case that doesn't come out as intended with your translator, that was just me trying to be funny

Seth

I get your joke. I like to make jokes too.
On April 9, we open hunting for drake, grouse, wood grouse, woodcock, and goose.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 05:17 PM

I am interested in what KOSOI has to say about trapping and hunting in his homeland. His politics I am not interested in as well as Bocos!

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 05:27 PM

I wish you best of luck and a good hunt! I hunt a lot of ducks and geese here on the Mississippi River, but have to wait until the Fall.

Moosetrot

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 05:47 PM

I wish you best of luck and a good hunt! I hunt a lot of ducks and geese here on the Mississippi River, but have to wait until the Fall.

Moosetrot

I'll try to make a good video of the drake hunt. I'll be sure to show you.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 05:57 PM

That would be great! We had Canada Goose just the other night for supper. As I have gotten older I hunt less and get less game but it is still a very large part of my life.

Would really enjoy seeing a video!

Thanks!

Moosetrot

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 06:00 PM

I wanted to add...don't let videotaping mess up your hunt!

Enjoy it!

Moosetrot
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 06:00 PM

Good luck with your hunting.

On April 9, wild turkey hunting starts in my state, North Carolina. It is one of my favorite seasons. It is their mating season and we hunt males. They are beautiful birds.

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly

On April 9, wild turkey hunting starts in my state, North Carolina. It is one of my favorite seasons. It is their mating season and we hunt males. They are beautiful birds.

Good hunting to you

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 06:11 PM

My Turkey season in Wisconsin starts April 27. They are really fun to hunt and they are great eating as well. These days my heart pounds harder when a Gobbler is coming in than when I see a deer.

Moosetrot
Posted By: loosanarrow

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 07:11 PM

When I was visiting Russia in 2016 at the World Ocean Museum in Kaliningrad, the museum manager asked me what I would like to do for a fun adventure in Russia. I said I wanted to go duck hunting.

A few days later, I was informed that as an American being paid by the US Department of State, hunting with a gun would not be possible. They suggested a visit to the Curonian Spit sand dunes. That was fun but not as fun as a duck hunt would have been! That was the first time I had ever travelled 50 miles in 20 minutes in a minivan. Our military 22 year old driver literally did 110 miles an hour all the way there and all the way back. When he would have to slow down because someone was in the fast lane, he would swerve back and forth and flash his headlights. The slower drivers must have all known the code, and immediately pulled over to let us go by. This was apparently just normal because the US embassy lady who was assigned to travel with me said he was actually one of the better Russian drivers she had been driven by.

I still want to go duck hunting in Russia, but it is not looking likely at this point….

Another funny thing happened. When my project was completed, we had a celebration meal of wonderful meats, cheeses, beer, and of course Vodka. One of the senior museum staff hit the vodka heavy, and soon was telling war stories of being a fighter pilot in Afghanistan. At some point he ushered me into his office and showed me his decorated pilot dress uniform. Then he INSISTED that I put on the top half and pose for a picture. I agreed after he refused to take no for an answer. So here is me in a Russian pilot uniform. The next morning he came over with an interpreter looking like he should have stayed home and slept a little longer, and the interpreter says to me “Edick (how she pronounced Erik), Sergie says that you should NOT show the pictures of the uniform to ANYONE in Russia”. I just nodded with a very serious look on my face, and gave him the thumbs up. I did not even open those pictures again until I was back in the USA.

[Linked Image]

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 07:12 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 07:19 PM

Oh snap he as ring different views and perspectives with an open mind is a good thing. Living in an echo chamber is doing yourself a disservice.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 07:21 PM

Are you treking to Nebraska this year?

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 07:27 PM

What a great story Loosanarrow! Wow!

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 07:43 PM

[Linked Image]

Here's a picture of one of many that old Moosetrot has taken through all these years. My largest was one I took my first year of Turkey hunting in 1988. He was 28.4 lbs., 12.5 " beard, and 1.25" spurs. Have been hooked since then. Have killed killed many in the 25+ weight range, but don't know if I will ever match my first one.

Wanted to add that I have killed many that were smaller, including Jakes. I have always figured that any turkey is a trophy.

Moosetrot
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 07:44 PM

[Linked Image]

Here's a picture of one of many that old Moosetrot has taken through all these years. My largest was one I took my first year of Turkey hunting in 1988. He was 28.4 lbs., 12.5 " beard, and 1.25" spurs. Have been hooked since then. Have killed killed many in the 25+ weight range, but don't know if I will ever match my first one.

Moosetrot

That is super cool.... nice bird.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 08:13 PM

Alexey , Do you have these beautiful grouse in your area ? I learned about them on video documentaries and I think they are just lovely.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by loosanarrow
When I was visiting Russia in 2016 at the World Ocean Museum in Kaliningrad, the museum manager asked me what I would like to do for a fun adventure in Russia. I said I wanted to go duck hunting.

A few days later, I was informed that as an American being paid by the US Department of State, hunting with a gun would not be possible. They suggested a visit to the Curonian Spit sand dunes. That was fun but not as fun as a duck hunt would have been! That was the first time I had ever travelled 50 miles in 20 minutes in a minivan. Our military 22 year old driver literally did 110 miles an hour all the way there and all the way back. When he would have to slow down because someone was in the fast lane, he would swerve back and forth and flash his headlights. The slower drivers must have all known the code, and immediately pulled over to let us go by. This was apparently just normal because the US embassy lady who was assigned to travel with me said he was actually one of the better Russian drivers she had been driven by.

I still want to go duck hunting in Russia, but it is not looking likely at this point….

Another funny thing happened. When my project was completed, we had a celebration meal of wonderful meats, cheeses, beer, and of course Vodka. One of the senior museum staff hit the vodka heavy, and soon was telling war stories of being a fighter pilot in Afghanistan. At some point he ushered me into his office and showed me his decorated pilot dress uniform. Then he INSISTED that I put on the top half and pose for a picture. I agreed after he refused to take no for an answer. So here is me in a Russian pilot uniform. The next morning he came over with an interpreter looking like he should have stayed home and slept a little longer, and the interpreter says to me “Edick (how she pronounced Erik), Sergie says that you should NOT show the pictures of the uniform to ANYONE in Russia”. I just nodded with a very serious look on my face, and gave him the thumbs up. I did not even open those pictures again until I was back in the USA.

[Linked Image]

Man, them Russian soldiers are scruffy! laugh

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 08:17 PM

Is that a Russian woman?

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 08:21 PM

Is that a Russian woman?

Hahahaha! grin
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 08:24 PM

Is that a Russian woman?

no ..... no mustache smile

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Crowfoot
Is that a Russian woman?

no ..... no mustache smile

True
Posted By: loosanarrow

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 08:28 PM

Well, he did tell me to take another picture because he said “Russians do not smile like pretty girl in military uniform pictures!”

So you guys aren’t out of line apparently.

[Linked Image]

Maybe you like this better?

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 08:46 PM

Da!
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Are you treking to Nebraska this year?

Planning on it!
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 10:20 PM

Da!

laugh
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Koisoi - 04/07/22 10:36 PM

Kosoi, are the grouse populations high in your area that you guys have a Spring season? Do you also have a Fall season for them? Or how long is the Spring grouse season?

I can’t imagine shooting a female grouse while she has a nest of eggs.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Koisoi - 04/08/22 02:33 AM

Some of you youtube clips are quite interesting that you have put out Koisoi
Thank you for a different perspective
especially some of the traps that you use

Re: Koisoi - 04/08/22 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon
Alexey , Do you have these beautiful grouse in your area ? I learned about them on video documentaries and I think they are just lovely.

[Linked Image]

In the area where I live, there are very few wood grouse, and hunting for him is completely closed. that would be to hunt for wood grouse, we go 250-300 km to the north.

Re: Koisoi - 04/08/22 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Kosoi, are the grouse populations high in your area that you guys have a Spring season? Do you also have a Fall season for them? Or how long is the Spring grouse season?

I can’t imagine shooting a female grouse while she has a nest of eggs.

The spring season lasts 30 days. The fall season begins in mid-August and ends in December. Only males may be shot in the spring.

Re: Koisoi - 04/08/22 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by loosanarrow
Well, he did tell me to take another picture because he said “Russians do not smile like pretty girl in military uniform pictures!”

So you guys aren’t out of line apparently.

[Linked Image]

Maybe you like this better?

[Linked Image]
eeeek...von ooogly vooman
© 2024 Trapperman Forums