Home

Anybody from Rogers Arkansas?

Posted By: Gary Benson

Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/07/22 10:15 PM

Looking for a place in the country....like everyone else.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/07/22 10:20 PM

Are leaving the Sandhills for Arkansas? If I was moving the Sandhills would be on my short list and Arkansas is on the west side of the Big Creek but too many people and not enough open country for me. That country up by Valentine looked about right to me.
Posted By: Turd Furgeson

Re: Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/07/22 11:00 PM

I was born in Rogers, grew up just across the MO border. My mom, sister, and all my in laws live in Rogers. Better brush up on your Spanish if you’re moving there. Traffic sucks from Bella vista down to Fayetteville, pretty much a traffic jam that entire stretch at the wrong times. Lots of good restaurants.
Posted By: Towman

Re: Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/07/22 11:04 PM

Arkansas and Oklahoma appear to be the most affordable at the moment

Re: Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/08/22 08:44 AM

The ladyfriend's daughter and husband just moved to Arkansas. Reason being it's supposed to be affordable but they're quickly finding out Arkansas has sold out too. They're looking for an acreage but there aren't any. They found a house listed for 235k, offered 249k, and were outbid! It's insane. Ladyfriend wants to move there to be by her Grandkids but it ain't lookin good. Fortunately we both own farmland in SE Nebraska.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/08/22 11:12 AM

Gary, has she checked land over near Harrison? Probably not cheap, nothing is, but I would think cheaper than Rogers area.

Re: Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/08/22 04:34 PM

I'll check it out. Thank you.
Posted By: K52

Re: Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/08/22 05:03 PM

Might want to give a look at SW Missouri across the border just to the North.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Anybody from Rogers Arkansas? - 04/08/22 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Gary, has she checked land over near Harrison? Probably not cheap, nothing is, but I would think cheaper than Rogers area.

I would second this suggestion... Rogers, Bentonville, Springdale, and Fayetteville have turned into a giant continuous megalopolis. Hard to tell where one ends and another starts. And it just keeps growing. Everything along the 71/49 corridor is exploding.

If you like the country life, shop a bit further out.

SW Missouri and NE Oklahoma aren't far from there at all... I can be in Rogers in an hour, sometimes a bit less.

Mike
© 2024 Trapperman Forums