Home

Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?

Posted By: Anonymous

Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/09/22 11:56 PM

And Jesus said to them, “Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?” Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm. (Matt 8:26)

The modern context in our country - and even more so in Europe - is witness to the secular momentum built upon the footings of the European Enlightenment. We might have whooped the Brits to form a nation of individuals rights 250 years ago, but the French Latin Quarters intellectuals and philosophers still live on.... stronger with each passing decade.
Time tics on, but the secularists have invaded our academia and conquered it for all intensive purposes.
They have taken over the establishment in our New England region, much of the west coast, and most especially the northwest regions of Washington and Oregon.
Remember how Rome defeated the Greeks (army), but in reality the Greek philosophy was never conquered and served to ruin the Romans until their demise.

Today, we look around and we can surely witness the results of what this secular worldview creates. Some say that it's not "normal," but these people don't know history, because today's "new normal" is as normal as it always was.

There were no human rights before Jesus walked the earth. None. The world was a class system, as India and its hugely pantheistic culture still is today, where someone's position or birth status was the law. Period. There would have been no concept before Jesus' teachings for any group like BLM, woman's rights, abortion rights... you name it, it was unheard of before Jesus. The world had NEVER known such strange teachings and it caused a great upheaval at that time.... AND FOREVER MORE.

Pediphilia was always normal before Jesus walked the earth.
Woman were taken as wives and all else before Jesus walked the earth.
Boys could be abused and castrated as a normal practice before Jesus walked the earth.
There are countless ways the Judeo-Christian practices turned a world upside down. Forever.

Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?” Jesus asked.
Fear is this country's name badge right now. In all caps. And fear causes anxiety and anxiety produces anger.

We are a nation of diminishing faith, so most in our land now say that prayer and bible verses are useless. As they continue to pray to anything and everything.

History can be the best teacher but only when people humbly seek timeless truths rather than "reinventing" timeless lies .

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: run

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 12:04 AM

Well said, Mark June.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 12:14 AM

I am unafraid....
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 12:14 AM

My wife has a friend that is convinced that the second coming will be any day now because of the atrocities that are presently being committed, and the natural disasters that have happened recently. I try to calmly talk about world history and point out that humanity actually has quite a bit more “humanity” right now than at any other time in history. I also point out that no man knows the day or hour, so if someone says this or that day, it is a pretty good bet it ain’t gonna be that day! That said, no man knows the day or hour so keep your lamp lit with plenty of oil!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 12:15 AM

If a man if truly righteous he has nothing to fear

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 12:22 AM

(A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 12:24 AM

I often wonder why Christians are so afraid of Covid.

while neither I nor anyone else I know are recklessly endangering our lives (in ANY sense!); it seems to me that death isn't the worst thing that can happen to us.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 12:48 AM

I spent eight hours on the road today listening to podcasts from the series my pastor went through this winter on the book of Revelation. What we as believers have to fear was a major topic throughout his sermons. We have nothing to fear. Be prepared now for what's to come and there is no cause for fear. Remember how John the Baptist steadied himself just before his execution?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:12 AM

Men of little faith are just uncertain. Men of no faith have nothing to fear but far itself. Of course there are no pedophiles amongst the clergy .. sure . Sometimes I wonder what it is like in your world Mark.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Men of little faith are just uncertain. Men of no faith have nothing to fear but far itself. Of course there are no pedophiles amongst the clergy .. sure . Sometimes I wonder what it is like in your world Mark.

It’s whatever you want to be. If you belief!

[Linked Image]

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:20 AM

laugh
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:37 AM

Only thing I fear on this world is my wife. 120 pounds of the nicest mean you ever met!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

while neither I nor anyone else I know are recklessly endangering our lives (in ANY sense!); it seems to me that death isn't the worst thing that can happen to us.

Everyone wants to go to Heaven but no one wants to die

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:39 AM

I do believe Jesus experienced fear
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
Only thing I fear on this world is my wife. 120 pounds of the nicest mean you ever met!

Gonna have to agree. I don’t want to make my wife mad either. And frankly, I’m not sure if I want to make yours mad also!

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I do believe Jesus experienced fear

Good Point!
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:00 AM

Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:00 AM

Not afraid ---- just sick of the bs --- lets get this over with already. I do believe that I know where I am going in the end and am not in a hurry to get there - but definately not afraid to leave tomorrow.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:18 AM

Jerry -- I have hated rappers since HS -- when the trend started --- but I am coming to appreciate the ones like him and tom mcdonald

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
Jerry -- I have hated rappers since HS -- when the trend started --- but I am coming to appreciate the ones like him and tom mcdonald

Tom was my gateway into it. Now I listen to Adam Calhoun, Burden, Messus, Struggle Jennings, Topher, The Marine Rapper and others. I still listen to the heavy stuff but they are most of what I listen to.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:37 AM

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:42 AM

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:43 AM

If you watch the videos you will see that they pertain to the op's post.

My guess is most will not.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

[Linked Image]

This is true.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

What if he lefteous?
grin

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:00 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:00 AM

I’m not afraid.
Let the world bring it. I’ve prepared myself and my house accordingly.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

No one is afraid of the manmade virus in the Christian circle I run in.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:04 AM

I dont buy that .
Nobody took over anything-the people let it happen because they wanted it or thru indifference(not enough fought against it).
Posted By: red mt

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:10 AM

GODS judgement is coming on the USA ever wondered why the USA is not in the book of revelation???
I have often wondered until now look at Ezekiel 16 get back to me on it. Seem as if we are there. Imo

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:14 AM

My point is that the world would not have the morality standards we take for granted if....
a baby, hadn't been born to a virgin, in Bethlehem (house of bread), Judea, who for a short while walked and taught in the hills of Judea and the streets of Jerusalem.

How incredible is it that God that uses imperfect people to establish and implement His Plan for Creation.
We're part of that, every single imperfect one of us.

Have the faithful and the Church ordained to gather together believers until the Son of God returns messed up? Oh for sure. Sometimes horribly. That's on people, not God.
Had God never come to earth, we'd have killed each other off a long time ago.
For pride, jealousy, envy, lust, greed, sloth, or any number of self-righteous reasons.

Quite simply, a difference between believers and unbelievers is where they look for truthful answers.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:15 AM

Fear to me is the base sense or behavior that triggers almost all of our negative or anti social responses. Fear leads to anger, rage and even worse. It also can lead to depression, isolation and almost all of our anti social behavior and our psychopathic behaviors as well. Does religion ease fear, probably not. Does developing faith and becoming more spiritual in our lives and behaviors, probably yes. It seems that many of us and on many occasions choose the religious route as that is the easier softer way and still leaves me in control, which is not what God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit had in mind from my perspective. I do believe Jesus felt fear but Jesus was able to carry on the ministry God laid out for him and not let fear stop him or find some one else to blame or suffer in his place.

Bryce

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:26 AM

Mark, the problem you have is that you think that all non believers believe as you said. All the non believers that I know (and that is quite a few) have morels and standards that most 'Christians' should have. They do not need a god to tell them what is right or wrong, we know what is right and wrong.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 03:36 AM

No man is righteous, that is why we need the righteousness of a holy God. Rom 3:10 As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one. If you put your trust in Jesus to wash away you're sins and give you eternal life, then you should have no fear.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
Mark, the problem you have is that you think that all non believers believe as you said. All the non believers that I know (and that is quite a few) have morels and standards that most 'Christians' should have. They do not need a god to tell them what is right or wrong, we know what is right and wrong.

Jerry, Did you ever wonder how a person knows right from wrong? Are people just naturally moral and self righteous. Look at the differences between man and the rest of creation, or evolution wich ever you believe. Man kind is creative and advancing in knowledge at warp speed, almost seems super natural. As a believer I know God convicts me of my wrong doings. I also know I'm a sinner and if I clame to be righteous I'm lying to my self and denying my God who gave his life fore me.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:14 AM

Has your knowledge of right and wrong kept you from never doing an immoral thing?
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Giant Sage

No man is righteous, that is why we need the righteousness of a holy God. Rom 3:10 As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one. If you put your trust in Jesus to wash away you're sins and give you eternal life, then you should have no fear.

Good point
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 11:20 AM

Correct.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 11:28 AM

Jerry Jr. I make no claim that Christians have a natural different set of morals that is any different than anyone. People are people.
The Bible is revelation, otherwise how would anyone know? That Jesus came? What his ministry propose was? What is true and what is not?

I agree with you that all people, who are make in God's image (characteristics) have the innate ability to be moral, but where did you even get that word (moral) is my point?
Christians read in the Bible that God gives all people the ability to do "good" (it's called common grace) but that God also made humanity with the ability to rationalize for ourselves whose morality we follow.
Gods? our own? Both?
One person says this is "good" (homosexuality) yet another person says it's bad.
The ability to define good and evil is the classic definition of what a God is. And people enjoy stepping into that role in their hearts and minds fairly regularly. Read the threads online and you will see a routine judgment of good and evil from a human perspective online as it is everywhere else too.
But what does God say? Not much, we humans claim... when we decide that we'll steer this ship ourselves, thank you very much.
See how this is all laid out.

And yet Scripture is often mislabeled also. Scripture IS NOT a RULE BOOK!
It is God's story handed down to us by yet more grace. God's plan for Creation - Redemption - and Restoration... because what was God supposed to do after the 1st humans set off on their own course, their own righteousness as their guide? He wiped out almost all of humanity once but we read in Scripture that's not his routine plan.

The Bible over and over records that people were doing what was "right on their sight" .... which is 100% the case in 2022. And that includes people in churches because us believers fight over our own morals, not God's. God's is simple; Love God, Love others. And then even believers say they have a better way because of this, that, and the other thing, so believers then do not Love God, Love others.
Believers hold no special superpower apart from what the Bible tells us is the Unity of the Spirit within us. Do we walk in it? Obey it? Allow it's leading? Each believer wrestles with that, or at least should because my sin hates righteousness. But seeking God's wisdom shows me where my wisdom stacks up and that is 100% beneath His, all day, every day. Humility helps when I can muster it by His grace. Otherwise, pride is my fortress, my bunker, and my moat!

The Greek were a culture of elite philosophers... whose methods are still taught today. The world is built upon the philosophy of the Greeks whether people realize that or not. Aristotle especially.
The great philosophers were a nation of pediphiles. And slavery. And where adultery wasn't wrong. They called it concubines. I invite philosophers to explain that to us when they claim Christianity encourages slavery. The Greeks were the salve traders, as were the Persians and the Assyrians before that, and the godless today... and the Christian morals are the only morals going toe to toe with these human suffering issues. No other religion does it. Islam is an enslaving religion from old. Pantheists like Buddhists work to seek "inner self" not help others.

Bottom line is if God by grace hadn't chosen a people, a people no different than any other (Israel), who were instructed to follow the commands (Love God, Love others) and then teach this to all the other nations, we wouldn't have this wonderful discussion today. The Israelites, we read in Scripture, did not Love God & Love others so..... God's Word...

Sent Jesus, God in the flesh, to walk the earth and show us, teach us, and invite us to "follow Me."
Some do.
Some don't.

The goals not heaven y'all. That'd be shallow gospel with the end of Jesus' teachings loped off.
The goal today to Love God and Love others to make your life a whole lot less stressful = "Rest, Peace, Shalom."
The goal for eternity is to be resurrected bodily with God upon the New Heaven and Earth.
That's labeled the greatest invite of all time.

Blessings!
Mark

Posted By: cattails

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 11:54 AM

Does religion ease fear, probably not. Does developing faith and becoming more spiritual in our lives and behaviors, probably yes.

Bryce[/quote]

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 12:13 PM

Jerry Jr.
Those videos are new to me. Thanks for posting.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:37 PM

When folks try to tell me that without their invisible friend I can know right from wrong, don't have morals and am afraid of all sorts of things, my BS meter pegs in the red zone and I invariable tell them to peddle their bull stuff some place else. This is about as politically correct as i can put it without offending the self righteous ones.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:45 PM

Scuba... wink
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 01:57 PM

I’m confused
What am I to fear?
I don’t believe Satan and (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) are any more real than unicorns. So I’m unafraid of that. Death, I cannot know it because I’m dead so how can one fear what one does not know?

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
I’m confused
What am I to fear?
I don’t believe Satan and (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) are any more real than unicorns. So I’m unafraid of that. Death, I cannot know it because I’m dead so how can one fear what one does not know?

If u were wrong should there be any reason for fear?

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 02:20 PM

When folks try to tell me that without their invisible friend I can know right from wrong, don't have morals and am afraid of all sorts of things, my BS meter pegs in the red zone and I invariable tell them to peddle their bull stuff some place else. This is about as politically correct as i can put it without offending the self righteous ones.

Sir, I'm just wondering if you don't need or believe in an invisible friend to know right from wrong, then aren't you depending on your own judgment to know what's right. Wouldn't that be self righteous in its self, just wondering if you may be peddling self righteousness to you're self. To trust in God as a sinner who knows he needs forgiveness, how can that be self righteous.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:18 PM

Hate rap.No thanks
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:29 PM

Pretty silly to fear death instead of accepting it. Some morals are pretty universal. Don't steal assault or murder members of your own tribe for example. Those things have pretty much extended to anyone instead of just your tribe. Stealing from, assaulting and killing members of other tribes was often a matter of survival. Kinda like it is still today. Plenty of folks on Tman want to kill Russians right now for example. Most of them profess to be Christian.

Morality is learned. Over the ages we have learned whats beneficial to our ability to live together. We humans are born with empathy for others. Those few who are not have a mental illness. We call them sociopath's. These poor folks are born into every religion.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:34 PM

I found that people that fear the most are church goers especially the religions that say if you don’t fulfill your church going obligation and other church doctrines you are going to rot in the devils home. I was raised Catholic and they put that fear, as well as other things, into me as a child which as an adult, I now find as bull.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:36 PM

Millions of lives have been lost and are still being wasted because of a difference of opinion about religion. Cristians and Muslims bashing each others heads in and if that don't work its protestants against catholics and sunni agains ... well ya get the picture. Its been going on for millennia and its not going to change.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
I found that people that fear the most are church goers especially the religions that say if you don’t fulfill your church going obligation and other church doctrines you are going to rot in the devils home. I was raised Catholic and they put that fear, as well as other things, into me as a child which as an adult, I now find as bull.

I find just the opposite to be true and I am Catholic.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:41 PM

Millions of lives have been lost and are still being wasted because of a difference of opinion about religion. Cristians and Muslims bashing each others heads in and if that don't work its protestants against catholics and sunni agains ... well ya get the picture. Its been going on for millennia and its not going to change.

It's actually because they want to change things in church so they start their own religion to fit their own needs.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:43 PM

It's Biblical....peace-peace, there is no peace

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 04:57 PM

I have lived on both sides of the fence. Seen it
both perspectives. I know where truth is found.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:03 PM

Secularists are guilty of the same foibles as any OTHER religious zealots.

(you all just serve a different "god"...)
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:07 PM

In March and April of 2020 the planes, highways and hotels were almost empty. Obviously, people let fear control their lives.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
In March and April of 2020 the planes, highways and hotels were almost empty. Obviously, people let fear control their lives.

How much of that was government coercion?

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:13 PM

I was not one of them dirt.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:25 PM

On this Palm Sunday;
When Jesus rode into Jerusalem, His disciples and followers layed down their coats and put Jesus on the colt for the miracles he had done (Solomon entered the kingdom on a donkey - it is a Jewish custom).

Jesus simply but passionately was telling the people of Jerusalem, most especially the religious leaders who were the most self-righteous to either;

A. Crown Me as Lord of All
or
B. Kill Me

They killed him. But He did not stay dead. He rose and was seen by hundreds and so the Gospel began which would change everything forever.

Today, it is no different, people want to be king of their own castle rather than praying for God to help break their hearts for what breaks God's heart.

To accept the greatest gift ever offered, all someone has to do is realize they are not king of all and humbly seek help in finding Truth in a world where everybody continuously claims to be king and queen.
Putin wants to be king. Zelinski wants to be king. And so they fight. Who wins? No one on earth.

Break our heart Lord for what breaks yours.

It's all rather simple and it has been told to us.
We just can't do it on our own.

The great news is that even with all the crap happening in the world, the God who is ever patient with all the junk happening on earth, is still gathering up His Children against every scheme known to man.
Israel is still here as God promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and while the faith is persecuted like no other, the seeds of the deceiver will not prevail.

Love God. Love others.
Imagine if Jesus' teachings were again the undercurrent of this land. Not perfect of course because there is no such thing. But less people declaring they are now king of kings and queen of queens.

Blessings,
Mark

Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:36 PM

When my day comes. I will bow to the lord. As I do everyday. Ask for forgiveness. And if I am Worthington to enter his kingdom. There is nothing to fear in this world. Other then fear itself.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:37 PM

Thanks for the reminder Mark

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
On this Palm Sunday;
When Jesus rode into Jerusalem, His disciples and followers layed down their coats and put Jesus on the colt for the miracles he had done (Solomon entered the kingdom on a donkey - it is a Jewish custom).

Jesus simply but passionately was telling the people of Jerusalem, most especially the religious leaders who were the most self-righteous to either;

A. Crown Me as Lord of All
or
B. Kill Me

They killed him. But He did not stay dead. He rose and was seen by hundreds and so the Gospel began which would change everything forever.

Today, it is no different, people want to be king of their own castle rather than praying for God to help break their hearts for what breaks God's heart.

To accept the greatest gift ever offered, all someone has to do is realize they are not king of all and humbly seek help in finding Truth in a world where everybody continuously claims to be king and queen.
Putin wants to be king. Zelinski wants to be king. And so they fight. Who wins? No one on earth.

Break our heart Lord for what breaks yours.

It's all rather simple and it has been told to us.
We just can't do it on our own.

The great news is that even with all the crap happening in the world, the God who is ever patient with all the junk happening on earth, is still gathering up His Children against every scheme known to man.
Israel is still here as God promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and while the faith is persecuted like no other, the seeds of the deceiver will not prevail.

Love God. Love others.
Imagine if Jesus' teachings were again the undercurrent of this land. Not perfect of course because there is no such thing. But less people declaring they are now king of kings and queen of queens.

Blessings,
Mark

Amen
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 05:52 PM

The planes were as empty in March of 2020 as they were in the week of 9/11.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 06:07 PM

with the level of immorality in the USA today I would think that many would be afraid....
Posted By: cattails

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 06:44 PM

Wow , this thread really got me thinking. I'm afraid of a government that can lock me up and throw away the keys, like they've done to Jan 6 individuals. And I'm not afraid of death....hmm

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by cattails
Wow , this thread really got me thinking. I'm afraid of a government that can lock me up and throw away the keys, like they've done to Jan 6 individuals. And I'm not afraid of death....hmm

They can only do that if you let them. Its all about choices

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 08:45 PM

Matt 10: 28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which Is able to destroy both soul and body in hades.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Giant Sage

Matt 10: 28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which Is able to destroy both soul and body in hades.

Amen

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 10:21 PM

I’m afraid I won’t be able to stop once it starts.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 10:29 PM

One good thing came out of the "VIRUS"

Did not have to deal with the Jehovah Witness during LOCKDOWN!!! laugh
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 10:43 PM

Ok, Let's all admit it... WE HAVE ALL FALLEN ALSEEP WATCHING THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!!! LOL laugh
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 11:04 PM

They can throw me in jail and persecute me or kill me, but they can’t take my salvation away.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Stake
They can throw me in jail and persecute me or kill me, but they can’t take my salvation away.

Or put the mark of the beast on me.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
Ok, Let's all admit it... WE HAVE ALL FALLEN ALSEEP WATCHING THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!!! LOL laugh

Lol. Twice last night! laugh
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/10/22 11:47 PM

You unravel me
With a melody
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance
From my enemies
'Til all my fears are gone
… I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
… From my mother's womb
You have chosen me
Love has called my name
I've been born again
Into Your family
Your blood flows through my veins
I am a child of God
… I am a child of God
I am a child of God
I am a child of God
… I am surrounded
… By the arms of the Father
… I am surrounded
By songs of deliverance
… We've been be liberated
From our bondage
… We're the sons and the daughters
Let us sing our freedom
… Ooh, oooh
Ooh, oooh
… Ooh, oooh
Ooh, oooh
… You split the sea
So I could walk right through it
My fears are drowned in perfect love
You rescued me
So I could stand and say
I am a child of God
… You split the sea
So I could walk right through it
My fears are drowned in perfect love
You rescued me
So I could stand and say
I am a child of God
I am a child of God
Yes, I am a child of God
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 01:12 AM

Organized religion really disappointed me when they let the govt. shut them down. Where are all the fearless preachers/priests/rabbis?

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Fisher
Organized religion really disappointed me when they let the govt. shut them down. Where are all the fearless preachers/priests/rabbis?

many are more afraid of losing their tax-free status, than standing up for what they KNOW is right.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 01:19 AM

Apostasy

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 01:27 AM

Webster 1828 definition An abandonment of what one has professed; a total desertion, or departure from one's faith or religion.
Posted By: KsTrapper88

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 01:37 AM

Acts 16:22-31

22 The crowd joined in attacking them, and the magistrates tore the garments off them and gave orders to beat them with rods. 23 And when they had inflicted many blows upon them, they threw them into prison, ordering the jailer to keep them safely. 24 Having received this order, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks.

The Philippian Jailer Converted

25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, 26 and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone's bonds were unfastened. 27 When the jailer woke and saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.” 29 And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. 30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved

This is an incredible testimony, suffering and persecution brought on Paul and Silas, by a bunch of people who were civilized citizens of the Roman Empire, these people knew morals and how to treat each other decent but this message that Paul and Silas brought was creating a disturbance to their daily routine of playing god in their own lives, so they dealt with it.
The best part is that Paul and Silas didn’t call on God to rain down fire and kill these people who beat and jailed them unjustly.....they prayed and sang praises. Their obedience to God and rejoicing in suffering led their jailer to be saved! I think that is a perfect of example of how God works, and it takes all the worldly wisdom and turns it upside down...and God is glorified. I pray daily that I would be able to have the faith to not only pray but to sing in my suffering as I go through life. It’s not going to be easy, that’s why I pray, because Christ did it and now He hears our prayers and intercedes for us. Praise God.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by KsTrapper88
This is an incredible testimony, suffering and persecution brought on Paul and Silas, by a bunch of people who were civilized citizens of the Roman Empire, these people knew morals and how to treat each other decent but this message that Paul and Silas brought was creating a disturbance to their daily routine of playing god in their own lives, so they dealt with it.
The best part is that Paul and Silas didn’t call on God to rain down fire and kill these people who beat and jailed them unjustly.....they prayed and sang praises. Their obedience to God and rejoicing in suffering led their jailer to be saved! I think that is a perfect of example of how God works, and it takes all the worldly wisdom and turns it upside down...and God is glorified. I pray daily that I would be able to have the faith to not only pray but to sing in my suffering as I go through life. It’s not going to be easy, that’s why I pray, because Christ did it and now He hears our prayers and intercedes for us. Praise God.

Good stuff.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 01:50 AM

Not all shut down

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

Not all shut down

That is very true. My family was in the process of moving early on in the plandemic, we found a non denominational church that put there trust in liberty not tyranny. The charlatans come out of the wood work you could say.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 02:06 AM

To be honest , I quite liked the shut down. I had some of the quickest commutes from here to Hilton Head and back with next to no traffic on the roads.. The marina was mostly empty of people and I was able to get more work done as I dealt with customers only on the phone and they left alone while working.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 10:17 AM

It was the same hauling rock and dirt around KC. No traffic. Not even during "rush hour". That was nice.

I got tired of people gasping and carrying on cause I wouldn't wear a mask. Only got ran off one job though and out of a couple three stores .

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 10:25 AM

X3 on the traffic ease. Most of our deliveries we have to travel beach routes. It was wonderful during the shutdown.

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
It was the same hauling rock and dirt around KC. No traffic. Not even during "rush hour". That was nice.

I got tired of people gasping and carrying on cause I wouldn't wear a mask. Only got ran off one job though and out of a couple three stores .

We went from no traffic to no traffic. grin

Re: Why are you afraid, you men of little faith? - 04/11/22 01:59 PM

laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums