Home

Ghost gun ban

Posted By: hippie

Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:03 PM

https://nypost.com/2022/04/11/biden-cracks-down-on-ghost-guns-amid-latest-gun-violence/
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:06 PM

Has anybody in the US ever been shot by one of these spooky sounding ghost guns? I don't think they are a real problem.

Keith

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:14 PM

I don't think that matters Keith.

Announcement at 2:15 if you want to tune in a hear his B.S.

Also announcing a new ATF head.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:32 PM

I looked it up, they are counting regular guns that thieves took the serial numbers off as ghost guns, to falsely warp their data, while going after legal gun parts. They should just arrest criminals using guns, give them strict sentences and stop trying to scare and trick regular Americans into giving up their God given rights.

Keith
Posted By: WANNABE-TRAPPER

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:36 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/10/biden-expected-to-release-rule-on-ghost-guns-as-soon-as-monday.html

24k found In 4 years

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:40 PM

Most of which were legal guns, that were stolen and then had the serial number cut off. Most were not made of legally purchased parts.

Keith
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Has anybody in the US ever been shot by one of these spooky sounding ghost guns? I don't think they are a real problem.

Keith

yes at least one has , I think the number is still lower than the number of weapons the ATF directly lost

oddly the one that I can think of , was miss reported in NICs so he could have just bought his gun rather than building so does it make a difference.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:43 PM

Keith

Yes. There were just some killings in Philly in the last few days.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 06:44 PM

I don't see how that matters personally.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler

Keith

Yes. There were just some killings in Philly in the last few days.

How convenient, that the killings happened right before the excecutive order was issued.

Since the president can now just make unconstitutional laws, we could save taxpayers a fortune by just doing away with the entire legislative branch, who are supposed to be making the laws.

Keith
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 07:31 PM

Where did all the bump stock ban is no big deal people go. Seem to have disappeared like Biden supporters. OK maybe not Biden supporters are not many of them . Trump haters is probably more accurate. But they all vanished none the less.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 07:44 PM

Where did all the bump stock ban is no big deal people go. Seem to have disappeared like Biden supporters. OK maybe not Biden supporters are not many of them . Trump haters is probably more accurate. But they all vanished none the less.

X2
Posted By: Posco

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 08:26 PM

Keith

The point of the exercise is to get some upward polling momentum in a failing presidency.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 08:35 PM

Let Biden and his house of wayward clowns make more rules and regulations that directly go against the constitution. It will make the impeachment all the quicker. Make him loose more supporters.
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 09:44 PM

Molon Labe !

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/11/22 11:56 PM

so if you were wondering how the new numbers don't make any sense , they changed the reporting standards

the definition is not a home manufactured firearm like they want people to think

much like Obama created 250K green jobs , did you know all bus drivers are green jobs , they didn't know it they never even changed jobs.

The Biden's administration created lots of "ghost Guns" used in crimes.

by Defining any firearm with out a serial number or a modified , illegible or removed serial number as a Ghost gun

so they know criminals scratch off serial numbers from stolen guns , they used this to create fear with the evil term Ghost gun

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 12:04 AM

I watched him on tv so I didn't watch again, but this should be him laying out his agenda......if ya can stomach watching it without breaking something.
He has lots of surprises in-store for us gun owners.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CovBDrkLvN0
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 12:34 AM

But you guys, if it saves just one life it's worth it!

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
But you guys, if it saves just one life it's worth it!

what if it takes more than it saves?

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 12:42 AM

Thanks for putting it up but I cant watch. Man lies faster than a tom bobcat kitten covers a turd. Its too bad the NICS check lies were swallowed so readily when slick willie was president. Every time we give something up the assault on our liberty just gets worse. Never better.

That bumpstock debacle is the basis for this executive order to change a definition.

There is no such thing as reasonable gun control. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 12:55 AM

Joe dummy thinks criminals will only use guns during a crime that can be traced back to the criminal . Lol , stupid idiot

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:01 AM

He knows better AntiGov. He wants you to believe that. Disarmament has nothing to do with crime. Crime is just the excuse.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:04 AM

Probably why he said he's working on banning "assault" rifles. Proud he did it once.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
He knows better AntiGov. He wants you to believe that. Disarmament has nothing to do with crime. Crime is just the excuse.

I agree , end game is confiscation

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:37 AM

This is all way to complicated for me so I'll just go with the " seal not be infringed " part of the whole gun thing. Because lets face it, the safety of me and mine is not up for ny sort of discussion. How I provide said safety is up to me. Not the AFT or shotgun Cina Joey or anyone else for that matter. Its down to me.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:40 AM

'they' let crime run rampant so 'they' have the shooting #'s to scare folks.

at this point it is time to accept that shortly the libs and gun haters will be in the majority....acceptance is the first part of realizing that action needs to be taken.
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:46 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: martyd

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:55 AM

Question if people already own one is it illegal ? MD
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:58 AM

Lol, you guys act like jb is actually running things...you know all he does is read from a teleprompter right?
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by martyd

Yes, if you do not get it serialized.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:18 AM

The right to bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by martyd

Not from what I understand. The executive order requires dealers and pawn shops to serialize any they buy from the builder. It also requires the kits being sold now to be serialized.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

I'm waiting for them too. Banning bump stocks was a big deal--even if I didn't want one. Just like this is a big deal.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:26 AM

I vote that we ban banning things....severe penalties may be involved if you break the ban....

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

I'm waiting for them too. Banning bump stocks was a big deal--even if I didn't want one. Just like this is a big deal.

Are ya happy yet?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:30 AM

Are some of y'all insinuating that Donald Trump was not the best president ever shocked

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:33 AM

I didn't figure it would take long to turn what Biden is doing into Trumps fault.

Same people.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by hippie

Are ya happy yet?

Are you? Trump and Biden are tied for banning gun parts.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:34 AM

What parts did Obama ban?

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:35 AM

Lead bullets.

(but Trump reversed that)

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:44 AM

the stupidity of making certain guns illegal in order to stop people from using them to shoot other people....which is already illegal....is EPIC.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 03:21 AM

Not from what I understand. The executive order requires dealers and pawn shops to serialize any they buy from the builder. It also requires the kits being sold now to be serialized.

What I am trying to figure out is are they only banning 80 percent lowers or are they going to require serial numbers on the uppers and other parts as well.
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 10:02 AM

I looked it up, they are counting regular guns that thieves took the serial numbers off as ghost guns, to falsely warp their data, while going after legal gun parts. They should just arrest criminals using guns, give them strict sentences and stop trying to scare and trick regular Americans into giving up their God given rights.

Keith

This exactly!!

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

My mistake, forgot this is the fed thread.
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 10:29 AM

What do you think our colonial ancestors had for weaponry? serialized brown besses that were approved by the crown with a one shot magazine?
they were made by freedom loving individuals in little back yard shops and carriage houses, and in that spirit it should remain.
the tyrannical federal government fears such things.
Suppose ukraine did a full background check on everybody before handing out ak's & javelins?
bash away all you want but join NRA or GOA. or both.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
the stupidity of making certain guns illegal in order to stop people from using them to shoot other people....which is already illegal....is EPIC.

democrat logic at its finest.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 10:37 AM

He lied throughout that speech, one was the second never allowed us to own cannons.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 10:53 AM

Anyone read a report about a year ago where the ATF raided the company who sells most of the 80% AR15 lowers, didn't arrest anyone but took their records?
https://www.ecosia.org/search?q=ATF+raids+80%25
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

What I am trying to figure out is are they only banning 80 percent lowers or are they going to require serial numbers on the uppers and other parts as well.

That's next on the agenda....
Eventually, ALL parts.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 11:34 AM

When I was a kid I didnt understand why my grandad, my uncle, and my dad were so upset that the NRA was supporting a new gun bill. All the new bill did was put restrictions on guns and ammo being sent by USPS, put an age limit on purchase, require the buyer to fill out a form that was kept by the seller, require all firearm manufacturers to put serial numbers on the guns receiver. (most guns were already being serialized)

IT NEVER STOPS. There is no appeasement. Disarmament is the goal.

Grandad told me when the NFA of 34 passed, the law allowing all the other control laws, people were too busy trying to earn a living to pay much attention. Very few people owned automatic loading firearms. They were being carried by outlaws. People never thought about consequences years later.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 11:41 AM

There were plenty of firearms manufactured back in the day without serial numbers...mainly .22 rifles. Must be many millions of them out there. How does a person go about serializing them? Serializing will lead to registration and eventually confiscation if they get their wishes.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 11:57 AM

You would think Biden would have enough on his plate with his diminished mental capacity. This is either diversion or desperation, possibly both. If they're looking for a fight, I'm of a mind to give it to them. Literally.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by MnMan
There were plenty of firearms manufactured back in the day without serial numbers...mainly .22 rifles. Must be many millions of them out there. How does a person go about serializing them? Serializing will lead to registration and eventually confiscation if they get their wishes.

True stuff MnMan
Posted By: Squash

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
You would think Biden would have enough on his plate with his diminished mental capacity. This is either diversion or desperation, possibly both. If they're looking for a fight, I'm of a mind to give it to them. Literally.

The Dems need to push through every whacked out policy they can before the end of 2022, because they know they are going to get slaughtered in the midterms.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Squash
Originally Posted by Posco

The Dems need to push through every whacked out policy they can before the end of 2022, because they know they are going to get slaughtered in the midterms.

True.....

He can still issue these executive orders tho.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:00 PM

True.....

Until he is impeached and locked up yes.

But that would require republicans to grow some balls ..... I don't see that happening. If they get the house and senate, they will just sit back and dangle their feet as usual.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Are some of y'all insinuating that Donald Trump was not the best president ever shocked

far from it , but he was most definitely the lesser of the two evils in both elections

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:10 PM

I won't argue that Scuba!

You'd think after what the dems did while Trump was in, they'd grow a set and fight back.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

True.....

But that would require republicans to grow some balls ..... I don't see that happening. If they get the house and senate, they will just sit back and dangle their feet as usual.

Exactly why we shouldn’t give it to them. They either need to be forced to grow a set or get out of the way by quitting.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by MnMan

True stuff MnMan

until 1968 no gun required a serial number

millions of shotguns , 22s and even some others most were considered "working guns" some weren't much different in price than a good shovel.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

True.....

This certainly won't be the issue that makes Republicans grow a set, since Republicans also favor gun control.
Posted By: charles

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 05:14 PM

How many years now have serial numbers been required on firearms? Law hasn’t changed has it?
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by charles
How many years now have serial numbers been required on firearms? Law hasn’t changed has it?

1968 Gun Control Act.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 05:37 PM

Any gun law, is one gun law too many.

They all need to be repealed and go back to "shall not be infringed"
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

Neither major party supports that position. If you want politicians to make a return to what the constitution says, you have to vote third party.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

Neither major party supports that position. If you want politicians to make a return to what the constitution says, you have to vote third party.

Which does nothing at all.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:00 PM

I have to ask you third party voters......

Give me an example of a third party candidate you voted for that did anything towards getting your rights back.
(Ones that got elected as republicans and then switched don't count as being voted in as third party)

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

Not many people at all support that position.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:02 PM

charles,

Home made fire arms dont need a serial number or require a NICS check under federal law.

Some local law is different.

ATF at the request of Democrat party bosses, said they are changing the definition of home made.

Receivers marketed as 80% complete will now be called firearms and require serial #'s and a NICS check to purchase.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:07 PM

Yep. There certainly are a lot of foolish people that believe firearm laws reduce violent crime. It is much easier to claim that than address real problems. Like organized criminal enterprises usually called a gang, that exist to distribute drugs that are also illegal. The foolish can pass any laws they like but just like the impossibility of stopping or curtailing drug use by passing rights violating law, it is impossible to get those gangs to disarm.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:10 PM

Anybody know how many outlaws abstain from gun violence due to NICS checks?

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:12 PM

to get the 'right data' on firearms without #'s used in crimes they included firearms that had #'s removed from them......you know filed off by criminals.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:13 PM

Yep. There certainly are a lot of foolish people that believe firearm laws reduce violent crime. It is much easier to claim that than address real problems. Like organized criminal enterprises usually called a gang, that exist to distribute drugs that are also illegal. The foolish can pass any laws they like but just like the impossibility of stopping or curtailing drug use by passing rights violating law, it is impossible to get those gangs to disarm.

I'm guessing he means to vote third party.

Third party candidates have some good ideas, some bad but I'd vote for one if they ever put together a campaign capable of getting one elected. As is, they're just a dream.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:34 PM

Hippie, its because people believe the talking heads on TV. The model on CNN or FOX is reading from a teleprompter. The people writing the words she is reading, have little or no influence over the third party. So they ridicule the candidate marginalize their views, misquote them, and tell viewers they cant win. So they dont win. Instead people vote the way they are told. D or R only. Can't have anyone wanting to change anything. Its OK to talk about change, its OK to point out problems, just not OK to really have positive change.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:46 PM

Johnston had no trouble getting air time, he just couldn't answer anything. Their problem is they either don't have the money to campaign or don't spend it campaigning.

It takes alot of money and time but whatever their problem is, they are not remotely a viable option in our elections.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:48 PM

And Danny, they need to drop a couple of their stances, one big one being open borders.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:50 PM

I'm guessing he means to vote third party.

Third party candidates have some good ideas, some bad but I'd vote for one if they ever put together a campaign capable of getting one elected. As is, they're just a dream.

No, I was talking about my position on firearms laws.

But, as you state, about voting third party. I do agree that their should be a third party option. Not a lot support that position, or they don't see the viability of it. They are usually so entrenched in the two party system that they don't see if many people voted third option, things may change. Unfortunately, I don't think at this time we would be able to run a third party candidate and win. It would have to be a majority of freedom loving Americans that would go over to a third party. And, we wouldn't win, because the people on the left will still vote for the left, same with the alleged constitution supporters who say they love freedom for all but then go into a booth and vote for someone who hates the constitution. They may not say they hate it, but they sure vote against it an awful lot.

I will never understand a person saying that they support the right to keep and bear arms, then walk into a booth and vote for any democrat and most republicans. It may not be right and I may be a hypocrite but, as long as there are only two options, I will vote for the one who wants to take the least amount of my rights. Usually that is the republican candidate. Same goes for local elections, I vote for the person who wants to uphold my rights and the rights of others. Then I spend the next few years calling them and making sure they are upholding their oath that they took and the obligations they have to the people they represent.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:53 PM

Sorry, I know better than to speak for someone else. blush

I just read it different I guess.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:54 PM

anyone who thinks we will be able to vote our way out of this is delusional...ya'll need to embrace the reality of things and then you will be able to understand what is necessary.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:55 PM

Sorry, I know better than to speak for someone else. blush

I just read it different I guess.

No worries, I think we are on the same page.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
anyone who thinks we will be able to vote our way out of this is delusional...ya'll need to embrace the reality of things and then you will be able to understand what is necessary.

Correct.

A wise man once said... you can vote your way into socialism/communism, but you'll have to shoot your way out.

or something like that.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 07:06 PM

Hippie, if your talking about Libertarians I agree about open borders.

If Big R runs another Romney or McCain I will vote for whoever the libertarian candidate is anyway.

Marty I am afraid your right and hoping your wrong
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 07:59 PM

And Danny, they need to drop a couple of their stances, one big one being open borders.

• Get us back to being energy independent so we don't have to meddle in the middle east quagmire

• Accept that some people will make decisions that are bad for them whether legal or illegal (end the war on drugs)

• Quit handing out free stuff to people just for coming here. Let people succeed/fail based on their own merit.

You would still want CBP, but their workload would be much more manageable. And the border would pretty much take care of itself.

Mike

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 08:05 PM

I am with Marty on this one
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 11:35 PM

Hippie, if your talking about Libertarians I agree about open borders.

If Big R runs another Romney or McCain I will vote for whoever the libertarian candidate is anyway.

Marty I am afraid your right and hoping your wrong

Danny although I'm not a fan of open borders like the Dems want, my question to you is why are you opposed.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 11:44 PM

It is difficult and expensive to get ammunition for regular guns.
I have never even seen ammunition for ghost guns?
It must be really expensive!

Are ghost guns used to shoot ghosts?
Are ghost guns used by ghosts?

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/12/22 11:52 PM

Country is crowded enough Steven. Over crowding is the source for most of our trapping and hunting restrictions. If it were up to me people would get taxed for having more than one kid. Let a pond with muskrats go and no external thinning, after a couple years there is a big die off. I dont see why its any different for humans

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/13/22 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
It is difficult and expensive to get ammunition for regular guns.
I have never even seen ammunition for ghost guns?
It must be really expensive!

Are ghost guns used to shoot ghosts?
Are ghost guns used by ghosts?

ghost gun is a new term to instill fear in the blind masses.

first used to describe Personally Manufactured firearms.
then when extremely few of Personally manufactured firearms were used in crimes of any type.

they needed statistic to sell the fear

Lies , Dammed lies and Statistics.

a simple definition change and any gun with an altered , missing or illegable serial number is a Ghost gun.

what do criminals do , scratch serial numbers making , newly redefined Ghost guns

build the fear machine , get the media to sell the fear , fear the fear , let the fear bread hate , hate the fear

let no crisis go to waste especially one you engineered , use it to strip the rights of your citizens and broker more control , more power.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/13/22 12:51 AM

I'm seeing an issue with this completely aside from 2A.

Rule making that has the effect of law creating instant felons by unelected bureaucrats. Much like the mask mandates via OSHA or the burdens on over the road drivers by DOT or farmers by EPA.

While undoubtedly there will be a buttload of lawsuits over this and one or more will eventually make its way up the chain to SCOTUS if we as a republic don't rein in the bureaucratic state and nullify every rule not voted on by congress and signed by a president we are doomed.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/13/22 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by warrior

Rule making that has the effect of law creating instant felons by unelected bureaucrats. Much like the mask mandates via OSHA or the burdens on over the road drivers by DOT or farmers by EPA.

While undoubtedly there will be a buttload of lawsuits over this and one or more will eventually make its way up the chain to SCOTUS if we as a republic don't rein in the bureaucratic state and nullify every rule not voted on by congress and signed by a president we are doomed.

AMEN.

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/13/22 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by warrior

That horse has left the stable a while ago and is well over the horizon by now. We live in the worlds biggest banana republic. May as well get used to that thought.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/13/22 03:52 AM

GreenCountyPete -
Thank you for the info, especially as a resident firearms and shooting expert.
In fact you may recall that you assisted me on my exploration and dive into the AR world.
I am very grateful for your advice and our advanced level discussions.

However, I made a failed attempt at humor about the ghost guns. I really do understand the politics here. It has been a major portion of my career.

Ponder this possibility:
Step 1. Politicians warn of the ghost gun problem and tell us that we need them to save us.
Step 2. Certain politically charged, directed, and funded acronym people posing as criminal types may be covertly flooding specific populations with ghost guns to create the problem.
Step 3. A weak minded individual is goaded into a mass shooting (like today) to create imminent need for protection.
Step 4. The brilliant, benevolent, liberal politicians can save us from the problem by enacting unnecessary gun control laws stripping us of our rights.
Step 5.The politicians get re-elected and repeat the pattern.

This hustle has been taking place everyday on every level of politics.
Posted By: hobbes

Re: Ghost gun ban - 04/13/22 11:13 AM

Thanks for putting it up but I cant watch. Man lies faster than a tom bobcat kitten covers a turd. Its too bad the NICS check lies were swallowed so readily when slick willie was president. Every time we give something up the assault on our liberty just gets worse. Never better.

That bumpstock debacle is the basis for this executive order to change a definition.

There is no such thing as reasonable gun control. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I haven't been able to find what the "ghost gun" ban will say about the guns we own that were made before serial numbers were required on guns.
And is registration considered infringement? The only thing I could find was:

No less an authority than the late William Rehnquist, who became the chief justice of the Supreme Court, once wrote a memo saying there is no "serious legal obstacle" to registration. Rehnquist was no anti-gunner; he subsequently wrote the opinion in U.S. v. Lopez (striking down the Gun-Free School Zones Act) and joined the majority in Printz et al v. U.S. (striking down part of the Brady bill). Then again, because he wrote that memo while an attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice, it's not clear how much of it represents his own opinion.

That brings us back to today's gun debate, and the possibility that a case involving registration will end up, before too long, in front of the Supreme Court.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums