Home

Hit the lottery today!

Posted By: trapperkeck

Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 12:34 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: salemtrapper

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 12:50 AM

There were plenty on Amazon we ordered some before they couldn't be found again.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 12:51 AM

Cool. They are plentiful here

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 01:06 AM

I gave $3.99/doz. Is that too much, or the going rate. Wal-Mart had a bunch of Golden Harvest brand lids awhile back, but I wasn't sure of the quality so I passed? They were cheaper.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 01:17 AM

I think that 3.99 is a fair price.

I was hoping you had a picture of an 8lb keg of Benchmark.

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Had I found that, I'da PM'd you a bill. LOL
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 01:43 AM

3.99 is what I paid at Farm and Fleet yesterday
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
I gave $3.99/doz. Is that too much, or the going rate. Wal-Mart had a bunch of Golden Harvest brand lids awhile back, but I wasn't sure of the quality so I passed? They were cheaper.

Golden Harvest are my favorite brand. I'll take them over ball any day
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 02:58 AM

Should I take it that lids are getting hard to find? If so I gotta get looking. Was totally unaware.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by trapperkeck

Golden Harvest are my favorite brand. I'll take them over ball any day

Good to know
Posted By: Craig S.

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 03:45 AM

Nice . Those Same ones are $5.39 here at local grocery store ( which is too much IMO! ) But at least they are available finally… I picked up a few just to have some on hand but am waiting for prices to go down some before stocking up .
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 04:16 AM

I've got some large sleeves of lids and more besides these. Traveling to 15 stores and not getting the lids and jars I absolutely needed taught me to stock up when I can. I have around a 2 year supply now.

[Linked Image]

Keith
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 04:20 AM

I went into the Soo Foo Fleet Farm last Friday afternoon and was surprised how much ammo and canning supplies they have. Some supply chain USA internal must have gotten unconstipated...
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
I went into the Soo Foo Fleet Farm last Friday afternoon and was surprised how much ammo and canning supplies they have. Some supply chain USA internal must have gotten unconstipated...

I think all the normal sized canning stuff will all disappear again once people's gardens and orchards start producing. It sucks when you have to put up the fruits of your labor and can't. It's best to stock up when you can. If everything falls apart, the ability to store food for the lean times of year will be very valuable.

It's best to stay ahead on sugar and vinegar too.

Keith

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 04:29 AM

If they are getting scarce I'm heading out to town in the morning, I know we have some but I don't think enough for this year. I'm completely out of tomatoes and tomatoe juice, this will be a big tomatoe year for us. And I'm going to put some green beans up also. Just hope I don't have to drive to the city, I hate that place.

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by NonPCfed

I think all the normal sized canning stuff will all disappear again once people's gardens and orchards start producing. It sucks when you have to put up the fruits of your labor and can't. It's best to stock up when you can. If everything falls apart, the ability to store food for the lean times of year will be very valuable.

It's best to stay ahead on sugar and vinegar too.

Keith

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about the peaches.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 08:58 AM

anyone reuse lids , i can remember both mom and grandma reusing lids ?
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
anyone reuse lids , i can remember both mom and grandma reusing lids ?

Yep! I reuse regular lids. I usually only use them on jelly or pickles though so if one doesn't seal it's no biggie to throw the jar in the fridge.

These days, there's also a couple companies making reusable lids.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 11:41 AM

Regular lids aren't a problem in Wallys here....it's the wide mouth lids that are scarce. And you can buy lids and bands for about the same price as lids only.
Being a trash hauler and scavenger, I once had hundreds of jars but got short on space and sold most at auctions. Now I'm kicking myself.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 11:52 AM

Gary B tell us when you have kicked yourself around the block
and as Mom would say "Don't come back till your done"

funny that sugar is on sale here for a $1Canadian a kilo are you finding that south ? $4 for 4kg= almost 9 pounds
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 12:04 PM

Walmart here had them, but price just jumped from 3.18 to 4.44 for wide flats.
Jarrs went from $9.99 to 12.97.

BUT
If you order online for pickup, old price comes up.
Or at least it did last week.
1# propanes and off brand white gas are the same.
Gas is 11.97 in store, 7.97 on line, per gallon.

I did notice that both Purr and Ball lids nowsay " guaranteed to seal 18 months".
When did that start?

I just found a case of grape jelly kids made in 2006.
Brown now, but still sealed.
Tastes fine too!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by salemtrapper
There were plenty on Amazon we ordered some before they couldn't be found again.

A lot of the ones sold on Amazon are Chinese knockoffs.

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 04:53 PM

Ok got'em. Found at local farm store. 10 doz. reg. @ 2.99 ea. But 10 doz. wide w/rings @ 5.29 ea. Didn't need the rings but that's all they had, figured better safe than sorry come season. Still got a few doz. from last year but not enough for this year. I'll use a hundred just on tomatoes and juice. Running out of t.j. In Dec. or Jan. Taught me a lesson.
Posted By: Frogger79

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Or green dot
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I've got some large sleeves of lids and more besides these. Traveling to 15 stores and not getting the lids and jars I absolutely needed taught me to stock up when I can. I have around a 2 year supply now.

[Linked Image]

Keith

Wow 2 year supply? You do a ton of canning. Nice supply.
Posted By: JohnnyY

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/12/22 10:14 PM

There over 5 in Michigan for the Wides……if you can find them. And they limit you to 2 packs
Posted By: JD Nichols

Re: Hit the lottery today! - 04/13/22 12:54 AM

I have had bad luck with the Pur lids that i purchased last year. They were the only thing that I could find. I will NOT buy them again! I am stocking up on ball when I find them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums