Home

Coyote Days Scholarship Fund

Posted By: John Graham

Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 04/15/22 10:59 AM

OK,, Last August at Coyote Days, we made a decision to start a scholarship fund, with the goal to give at least one qualified person that has applied, a monetary gift that can be used towards their education.

We earmarked a few items in our auction, and raised slightly over $1000, as well as formed a 3 person committee that will review any and all applicants, and then make a final decision on who the recipient(s) will be.

My goal and intent, which was then relayed to the other people on the committee, was to help selected recipient(s) with funding their education, who was planning to head in to the predator control field, whether it be Federal, State, County, or organized private program.

So, we are going to start taking applications Today, April 15th, and will continue to do so until July 15th, and then the committee will review any and all applications, and then announce and notify the recipient on August 1st.

If the recipient plans to attend Coyote Days 2022, we will present them with the scholarship at the Saturday night banquet. If they are unable to attend, we will send the check to them via mail on Monday, August 22nd.

This year, we will start with 1 (ONE) $1000 Scholarship.

The scholarship recipient does NOT have to, or have had to previously attend Coyote Days.

We will keep it simple, and have a short list of criteria to list on application to apply:

A person, male or female, 17 or over, that is planning on a career or future employment in the field of predator control.

Applications must include the following:

1. Name
2. Age
3. Contact info - Email, mailing address, phone number
4. A description of your experience in trapping, calling, etc.
5. Your goals for future employment
6. 2 (two) references, and their contact info (Can be a family member, fur buyer, game warden, trapping partner, etc)

Send to: furcountry@hotmail.com Subject: (CD's Scholarship app)

I know $1000 isn't a lot of money, but I hope it helps someone that is planning on heading in to the predator control field. I personally plan to help the recipient make plans to attend this years event, which would give them a solid base of qualified and career type predator control men and fur trappers to make contact with in the future.

Thank You for reading, and Good Luck to any person applying.

John Graham
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 04/15/22 02:47 PM

Good idea John, giving back...
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 04/15/22 02:55 PM

x2
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 04/15/22 09:35 PM

Great idea John, hope to make it this year.
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 04/17/22 02:36 AM

Bump, to get this info out.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 04/17/22 09:27 PM

bump

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 04/23/22 02:08 PM

Thanks for the positive comments! Yes, I am wanting to give something back, and this is one way of doing it I guess. The predator control field will always need good, qualified people, and I'll do my part to get interested people up to speed, and help make them "Hireable"

Coyote Days is the best source of ADC (coyote) related information there is, and if someone is interested for private control work around their own farm or ranch, OR as a career, they need to consider coming in August.

Please tell anyone that you know that might be headed towards a career in control work, to apply for this scholarship. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, John

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 05/14/22 03:10 AM

Bump up to hopefully get some interested individuals to put in.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 05/14/22 06:23 PM

Very good thing to do. Best of luck to everyone in age range.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 05/15/22 04:47 PM

Glad to see this coming to fruition. John and his family do tons to support youth activities, and this is taking it up one more step!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 05/16/22 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by John Graham
Thanks for the positive comments! Yes, I am wanting to give something back, and this is one way of doing it I guess. The predator control field will always need good, qualified people, and I'll do my part to get interested people up to speed, and help make them "Hireable"

Coyote Days is the best source of ADC (coyote) related information there is, and if someone is interested for private control work around their own farm or ranch, OR as a career, they need to consider coming in August.

Please tell anyone that you know that might be headed towards a career in control work, to apply for this scholarship. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, John

Will do.
Great initiative John G.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: TravC

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 05/20/22 01:41 PM

Awesome john
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 05/24/22 01:27 PM

TTT
Posted By: Cindy

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 05/28/22 08:35 AM

Awesome worthy project kudos to you for doing this !

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 05/29/22 11:49 AM

Thanks everyone. I hope we can help someone that has plans to get in to the predator control field. There is a need for qualified people to fill spots that will no doubt be opening in the future. It's one of the reasons that I created Coyote Days. I hope to inspire, as well as inform. If a few bucks helps someone reach their goal, I'm glad to be able to help. Thanks Again, John

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 06/18/22 12:56 AM

Deadline isn't far away, just bringing it back to the top for those who may not have seen it.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Coyote Days Scholarship Fund - 06/19/22 10:32 PM

TTT
© 2024 Trapperman Forums