Home

New truck prices

Posted By: nvwrangler

New truck prices - 04/16/22 04:38 PM

Holly crap batman!

I drive an 06 ram 2500 190000 miles on it. I replaced the engine a couple years ago when i bought it from my daughter who had chipped it and nuked the engine towing horse trailers in the rocky's. Been an ok truck and got 25 highway and 20 in town. Fell to 15 mpg when hauling the camper. Well the old rig let me down last night, blew the fuel lines and dumped deisel everywhere.

Ive been wanting a new truck never had a new vehicle before so i started looking at new and less then 2 years old the price difference is less then 10 grand if you can find one. Well i found the one i wanted 79 grand for a 2020 ram limited. Ran the numbers thru the credit union payment calculator and it was more then my mortgage. So im fixing the old truck and buying an elk hunt somewhere lol.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New truck prices - 04/16/22 04:40 PM

My new Ford 350 dually was north of 85k and I can't do without it. grin
Price of lures and baits may go up is all.

Welcome to 2022.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: New truck prices - 04/16/22 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Holly crap batman!

I drive an 06 ram 2500 190000 miles on it. I replaced the engine a couple years ago when i bought it from my daughter who had chipped it and nuked the engine towing horse trailers in the rocky's. Been an ok truck and got 25 highway and 20 in town. Fell to 15 mpg when hauling the camper. Well the old rig let me down last night, blew the fuel lines and dumped deisel everywhere.

Ive been wanting a new truck never had a new vehicle before so i started looking at new and less then 2 years old the price difference is less then 10 grand if you can find one. Well i found the one i wanted 79 grand for a 2020 ram limited. Ran the numbers thru the credit union payment calculator and it was more then my mortgage. So im fixing the old truck and buying an elk hunt somewhere lol.

Lol......would be my choice as well.

Re: New truck prices - 04/16/22 04:48 PM

No way im paying $100 more a month then i pay for my house. Even making over 100 grand a year the wife and i can't afford it. I don't know how people do it i dang sure don't live rich but within my means and i guess ill continue. One main reason for looking was wanting to buy my last rig before i retire and interest rates skyrocket.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: New truck prices - 04/16/22 04:50 PM

No way im paying $100 more a month then i pay for my house. Even making over 100 grand a year the wife and i can't afford it. I don't know how people do it i dang sure don't live rich but within my means and i guess ill continue. One main reason for looking was wanting to buy my last rig before i retire and interest rates skyrocket.

I sure don't get all of this spending either. Waiting for the bubble to burst !!

Re: New truck prices - 04/16/22 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TraderVic

I sure don't get all of this spending either. Waiting for the bubble to burst !!

Prices won't come down sleepy joe will just give the automakers and unions our tax dollars to keep his voters happy.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: New truck prices - 04/16/22 11:39 PM

I just purchased a F150 cash (my company supplies) and the wife just got a Expedition (we have bought houses cheaper!). Costs of everything are crazy!
Posted By: Finster

Re: New truck prices - 04/16/22 11:53 PM

I think most that drive those lease them.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: New truck prices - 04/16/22 11:57 PM

Needed two trucks for the business, bought a small dump truck and looking for another rather than pickups. Medium duty dump trucks cost way less than pickups.
Posted By: DanN

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 12:08 AM

They wouldn't cost so much if people who didn't need / don't use them as trucks would quit buying them. Most are buying them to use as cars or status symbols. They don't pull trailers or even use the beds . Just big passenger cars.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 01:48 AM

If buying new, order it without all the foo foo yuppy stuff and save a ton of money. Going to be a wait now, though. Or pick a pimped out one off the lot for a mint.

You can still get a work truck for almost half of what most of the ones on the lot cost. Some outer edge farm dealers carry the work truck models. Of go for glam and get the trucks with big screen TVs, shiny grills and heated warmers like most buy.

As of last fall I could still buy a new 2500 quad cab 4x4 with long box and some options for 44k. Still a ton of money but a lot less than most guys pay for their city trucks.
Posted By: DWC

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Calvin
If buying new, order it without all the foo foo yuppy stuff and save a ton of money. Going to be a wait now, though. Or pick a pimped out one off the lot for a mint.

You can still get a work truck for almost half of what most of the ones on the lot cost. Some outer edge farm dealers carry the work truck models. Of go for glam and get the trucks with big screen TVs, shiny grills and heated warmers like most buy.

As of last fall I could still buy a new 2500 quad cab 4x4 with long box and some options for 44k. Still a ton of money but a lot less than most guys pay for their city trucks.

Some of those trucks have coolers as well.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by DanN
They wouldn't cost so much if people who didn't need / don't use them as trucks would quit buying them. Most are buying them to use as cars or status symbols. They don't pull trailers or even use the beds . Just big passenger cars.

Sailboat fuel needs hauled too I guess.
Posted By: edward cruts

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 03:53 AM

Just fixed my old 1998 f150 up.Work trucks are going way to high in price around here.New trucks are way to expensive and are more like 4 wheel drive minivans than apickup.I wont buy or drive any of them if they dont have a full 8 foot bed.The electric ones look even worse.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 03:54 AM

Keep the old mule kicking and wait a year or 2.
Posted By: Boco

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 03:59 AM

You better get a new truck asap.before the price goes up,and they pull all the old gas guzzlers off the road.Not only that but they are supposed to stop making internal combustion vehicles not too far down the road.I wouldnt wait.
Posted By: aknome

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 09:15 AM

Some folks spend as much time on a truck seat as they spend in the house.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by DanN

Sailboat fuel needs hauled too I guess.

LOL, any weekend or evening, perfect sailing weather, I see sail boats motor put, putt around, and motor back.
Never raise sails.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 11:14 AM

Pickups have become the modern equivalent to what station wagons were in the '60's.
Most never haul or pull anything heavier than a new grill for the backyard.

Add that to the fact that Americans are fat and lazy and love their comfort.
A modern base pickup therefore comes with more stuff than years ago when we weren't so soft.

High demand for everyday driving to walmart while riding in the lap of luxury means more money.

Last Pickup I bought new was about 20 years ago. GMC heavy 3/4 ton, 2wd, and ZERO OPTIONS, 20K approx.

My wife has a Honda Minivan, I see that as a much more utilitarian vehicle for the majority of people than a pickup is. They cost less, can carry a full sheet of plywood inside along with 10ft long boards, hauls 7 people very comfortably and get 25 mpg while doing it.
But in our status driven society most men with issues surrounding their "manliness" are afraid to drive one.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 12:21 PM

Just paid off my 2018 Tacoma early I got a interest check back for $2.14 yesterday so now I can plan a trip on that. LOL
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 12:37 PM

The only new vechile I have ever bought is my little Yanmar tractor. That was because there was not a decent used tractor in the size class I wanted to be found within a 100 miles of me at a reasonable price.
Posted By: mttrapperguy

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 12:55 PM

I use trucks to make me money in my fence installation business. So if I need one I buy one that is reliable, comes with a warranty and I really don’t worry about the price. I just pass the cost onto the customers just like every business in America does now. Just my opinion
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 01:23 PM

If a recession hits trucks will get cheaper.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by mttrapperguy
I use trucks to make me money in my fence installation business. So if I need one I buy one that is reliable, comes with a warranty and I really don’t worry about the price. I just pass the cost onto the customers just like every business in America does now. Just my opinion

No...Every business doesn't think this way and consider costs. It's also one reason why trucks cost so much. My truck (new every 5 or 6 years) is customer paid for as well, but I try and keep the price down best I can for I refuse to just cater to the rich.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 01:45 PM

If Henry Ford could see it now.

Attached picture 680E5572-E882-48A2-BA63-16C24793A65A.jpeg
Posted By: Muskeg

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 01:55 PM

Heard this might be last year V8 can be built and put in trucks because of 2025 regs. I’m waiting for the guberment to lead by example and switch their fleets to electric.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muskeg
Heard this might be last year V8 can be built and put in trucks because of 2025 regs. I’m waiting for the guberment to lead by example and switch their fleets to electric.

Where did you hear this?

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper1978

I wonder how much of the cost goes to retired employees, at one point over 40% of the msrp of a vehicle was to cover uaw members that were no longer working.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
You better get a new truck asap.before the price goes up,and they pull all the old gas guzzlers off the road.Not only that but they are supposed to stop making internal combustion vehicles not too far down the road.I wouldnt wait.
if stop make internal combustion, new design at first we'll likely be not good for long time
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 03:24 PM

the govt needs to get out of vehicle requirements.

if a new truck without any circuit boards or computers, without any smog devices, with a carburetor, no seat belts, no radio, a simple standard transmission could be ordered, you could get a new pickup for 20 grand. call your congressman and thank him for the price of pickups

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

if a new truck without any circuit boards or computers, without any smog devices, with a carburetor, no seat belts, no radio, a simple standard transmission could be ordered, you could get a new pickup for 20 grand. call your congressman and thank him for the price of pickups

LOL, I member messing with points and carburetors, still do, but nice to drive 100-200k without fooling with much.

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
If a recession hits trucks will get cheaper.

Not as the dollar continues to shrink.

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 03:41 PM

[Linked Image]

My brother's '99 F250, 7.3, about a year ago.

He just priced new trucks and said, " Guess it'll have to.go another 400.000..."

I have the newest among me and my brothers, an '05, with the....6.0 PSD.
Still chugging along.

Another brother just called me, he's cuurently driving across Kansas.
'04 Cummins.

We tend to keep our stuff going. By choice.
With current price trends, not really a choice anymore.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D
Pickups have become the modern equivalent to what station wagons were in the '60's.
Most never haul or pull anything heavier than a new grill for the backyard.

Add that to the fact that Americans are fat and lazy and love their comfort.
A modern base pickup therefore comes with more stuff than years ago when we weren't so soft.

High demand for everyday driving to walmart while riding in the lap of luxury means more money.

Last Pickup I bought new was about 20 years ago. GMC heavy 3/4 ton, 2wd, and ZERO OPTIONS, 20K approx.

My wife has a Honda Minivan, I see that as a much more utilitarian vehicle for the majority of people than a pickup is. They cost less, can carry a full sheet of plywood inside along with 10ft long boards, hauls 7 people very comfortably and get 25 mpg while doing it.
But in our status driven society most men with issues surrounding their "manliness" are afraid to drive one.

I fit 26 8' 2x4s in a 98 Honda accord. Could fit 4 10" if I ran then on the dash up to the wind shield.

I truly like our mini vans. Like you say better for the family, can truly hall a lot, good mpg, can hall plants without them getting wind wiped, keep greens and cut flowers cool in the summer tell delivery, can pull a trailer and load onto the roof rack, and I don't have to pick deer up very high to load them.
Posted By: lobo

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 04:41 PM

Glad I bought mine last April before things got crazy. I got 12 percent off of list and it's worth more today than what
I paid for it. Many dealers are now adding 5-7000 or more to the MSRP. Crazy.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 05:02 PM

I bought my ‘04 GMC 2500 duramax diesel 4x4 a few months back for my business to pull my mini ex around. Best deal id found all over Facebook marketplace. Truck has 281K miles on it already but the ol boy was asking $10K. He settled for a check for $8500 and a gun in trade. Had to travel 5hrs one way to get it. Still worth it when everyone else was asking $12k-$15k for duramax diesels with upwards of 400k miles on them. Now if the price of diesel fuel would go down that would be a tremendous help. FJB!!!
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper1978

I wonder how much of the cost goes to retired employees, at one point over 40% of the msrp of a vehicle was to cover uaw members that were no longer working.

Had an uncle collect a GM Buick city pension 8 years longer than he worked for Buick, he retired under UAW 30 and out program.

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 05:19 PM

The truck you describe won't sell enough to justify production. Carbs when that's all we had were ok, but I wouldn't want one today, unless it was a hobby classic truck or car. demand, competition and availability drive prices. Vehicles from back in the day are cool, but required lots more maintenance.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds

The truck you describe won't sell enough to justify production. Carbs when that's all we had were ok, but I wouldn't want one today, unless it was a hobby classic truck or car. demand, competition and availability drive prices. Vehicles from back in the day are cool, but required lots more maintenance.

I don't agree. They are purposely created a reason for price gouging.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 06:08 PM

Good post...a few months back I TRIED buying a newer truck. I saw that the used truck market was hot and researched what my truck was valued at. So with cash in my pocket and my cleaned up truck I started the dealership process. They looked at me like I was crazy for what I wanted for my truck. Like it was already mentioned by lobo....they have increased their msrp and other add on taxes.
I like the looks of the newer Chevy Trail Boss trucks
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 06:10 PM

I bought a 2021 GMC Sierra in April of last year. Current Blue book private party value is pretty much what I paid for it, and trade in value is about what my current pay off amount is. To buy the same truck brand new again would cost me 8 to 10 thousand dollars more than I gave a year ago.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by lobo
Glad I bought mine last April before things got crazy. I got 12 percent off of list and it's worth more today than what
I paid for it. Many dealers are now adding 5-7000 or more to the MSRP. Crazy.

I bought new last April too, but the dealer I bought from was a no haggle place but they were the cheapest around so it didnt matter.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 06:30 PM

My wife is ready for a newer rig, so we found a jeep Cherokee.
4 years old 50,000 Miles on it from a rental car place.
Will be the 3rd car we have bought from them over the years.
Get to pick it up on Wednesday.

Going price for one, 30 day warrenty on it.
And always buy extended warranty.
So hope it looks as good in show as it did on line.

Don't know if we will trade or sell old car out right.
See what the #'s look like.

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 09:25 PM

The reason there are no more station wagons is not lack of demand. Uncle sugar decided for our own good big cars had to go. No way these little mini cars would outsell full size cars if government had not stepped in and stopped production of full size. So now people are buying SUV's.

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 10:07 PM

The reason there are no more station wagons is not lack of demand. Uncle sugar decided for our own good big cars had to go. No way these little mini cars would outsell full size cars if government had not stepped in and stopped production of full size. So now people are buying SUV's.

Huh?
Mini van was station wagon of its day.
Cadillac sold some serious " wagons" as did Dodge, not that long ago.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Soccermoms want Tahoes and desk.jockeys want full sized PUs.

Now, pending insame gov mpg requirements WILL kill useful.dized vehicles, ICEs.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: New truck prices - 04/17/22 11:36 PM

I have 128 K on a 2006 1500 Silverado. Sixteen months I bought a used Outback to pull my boat etc. for fishing to save my truck. If I can do 8-10 K per year instead of 15K or more, hopefully I can get another 5-7 years. I bought before the used car market exploded, glad I did.

Bryce
Posted By: Boco

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 01:27 AM

Nobody would go back to that old unreliable junk.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 01:38 AM

Don't forget , the first 7-8 grand of every new car or truck goes to pay for retired auto union workers
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

Nobody would go back to that old unreliable junk.

Still on the road

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mnsota

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 01:46 AM

I would, I remember getting upper 30mpg's from a toyota corolla back in the late 70's. We haven't gained much in 40-50years. No need for comfort ,just a reliable plain jane.
__

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Don't forget , the first 7-8 grand of every new car or truck goes to pay for retired auto union workers

Try 40 to 50 % of the msrp go to the retirees they get and make the same as the ones still working. Non uaw would be the only reason id buy a Tesla but it wouldn't work out on these dirt roads.

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 06:12 AM

Davep I dont know why you posted a picture of a small car. These are full size cars. Comfort all the way.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

this is a full size Cadillac
[Linked Image]

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 06:40 AM

EPA regs are 100% the reason full size cars stopped being produced. It wasn't consumer choice.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 07:10 AM

Way back in 1988, Wifey bought me an anniversary gift.
A brand new F-150 XL 4wd with two-tone paint. It was the truck in the showroom window. She paid $14,000 out the door.
I still own the truck. I stopped driving it in 2018 - thirty years.
It can be fixed up and used.
It is for sale.

In spring of 2019, Wifey bought me a new F-350 4wd diesel Lariat Ultimate Crewcab with two-tone paint, locking axle, upfitter switches, LED light package, snowplow package, immediate heat, heated seats front and rear, and a huge list of more options.
The sticker was just over $70,000.
We had the Ford family member plan which dropped it way down.
Plus we had a stack of discounts that further reduced the price.
We bought it for just over $60,000.

What a price jump in 31 years!
However, there is very little comparison. The new one is 10 times the old truck.
I am very fortunate to have such a tremendous truck! (And a tremendous Wifey!)

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 08:54 AM

EPA regs are 100% the reason full size cars stopped being produced. It wasn't consumer choice.

Consumer demand is the biggest factor. Not EPA regs. Many models of current production trucks and SUV's are as big or bigger than those cool old land boats. Wasn't your recent vehicle purchase a half Jeep half pickup? Did you buy that as a last choice or what fit your needs and wants?

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 10:26 AM

No, PART of it.
What did a car weigh 40 years ago.vs now?
Safety regs played a role too.
What perecentage of vehicles on the road are full size PUs vs 1970?
Consumers evidently WANT bigger vehicles, just not sedans.

Remeber what happened to truck sales, esp. diesel, last time fuel prices spiked?

LOL, and I remember BIG vehicles.
Have had a '73 Sport Fury wagon, '71 Contonental, etc
Heck, been driving the same 8' crew cab last 17 years..

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 10:56 AM

Wasn't your recent vehicle purchase a half Jeep half pickup? Did you buy that as a last choice or what fit your needs and wants?

Both. My old dodge has a lot of miles. I bought it to replace my 98 ford ranger. (I bought the ranger to replace a different jeep) That 98 ranger was very capable offroad. It just didnt have the horsepower I wanted at times. I never have been happy with my Dakotas off road performance. It got me by but its offroad performance left a lot to be desired. I had started rebuilding my ranger when my wife had an accident in it and toasted it.

This jeep has more ponies than the ranger but less than the dodge. Plenty of room in the jeep for 4 adults. Storage under the back seat. Small bed but plenty big enough for trapping. Tows my boat no problem. Off road its a go anywhere machine. So far I am very happy with it. We will see how it holds up.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
Way back in 1988, Wifey bought me an anniversary gift.
A brand new F-150 XL 4wd with two-tone paint. It was the truck in the showroom window. She paid $14,000 out the door.
I still own the truck. I stopped driving it in 2018 - thirty years.
It can be fixed up and used.
It is for sale.

In spring of 2019, Wifey bought me a new F-350 4wd diesel Lariat Ultimate Crewcab with two-tone paint, locking axle, upfitter switches, LED light package, snowplow package, immediate heat, heated seats front and rear, and a huge list of more options.
The sticker was just over $70,000.
We had the Ford family member plan which dropped it way down.
Plus we had a stack of discounts that further reduced the price.
We bought it for just over $60,000.

What a price jump in 31 years!
However, there is very little comparison. The new one is 10 times the old truck.
I am very fortunate to have such a tremendous truck! (And a tremendous Wifey!)

Today, on the trucks they can't produce enough of, there is no longer a Ford family discount.
I know from personal experience. None on this trailer hauling baby...

[Linked Image]

The wife has a Ford Bronco Susquash on order and it'll be on order until it's not which might be who knows when?
When any new Bronco of that type comes in to the major dealer in Dallas (about once a month), they always call Donna and ask if she would like to buy it for $30,000 over sticker. No discount of course.
She says nope.
They sell it within 5 calls.
There are 300,000 millionaires in Dallas.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: DRF

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 11:46 AM

New Bronco for 30 grand over sticker? Millionaire or not that’s crazy! Besides when the new Broncos came out reminded me of when the new Cherokees came out. They’ll never impress me like the old ones made in the good old days.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 01:23 PM

I’d like to see a worthy mini truck produced today that’s is worth buying like they made in the past but we are being sold what they want to sell us more then what we want or need to buy.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 01:43 PM

I picked up a 2019 about two years ago. It was used with 30,000 miles on it. The craze hadn't started yet and I actually talked them down four thousand and traded a truck destined for the bone yard for $5,000. I looked at a truck for sale with same components and 10,000 more miles then mine has on it and it's priced for about 10,000 more than I paid. I think I will just drive it sparingly and keep it in the garage when not in use. Drive it till the wheels fall off.

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
I’d like to see a worthy mini truck produced today that’s is worth buying like they made in the past but we are being sold what they want to sell us more then what we want or need to buy.

I don't really believe that.
My last truck, I had to go through fleet sales to get a vinyl interior, manual windows, etc.
Truck before that, vinyl interior, no AC, manual trans.

Such trucks WERE available, but outside of fleet sales, no.one wanted or ordered them.

Now, can't even get a manual anymore, much less AC- less.

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 02:14 PM

My jeep has a manual transmision and hand crank windows. No electric door locks. I wanted A/C. I speced it out on jeeps website. Then found out it was up to me to find a dealer willing to order it. Took some phone time. Dealers kept telling me what was on their lot. Did not want to order it. I don't think their profit is as high when you do that. The number comes from the website. One problem I had calling dealers was I insisted that was all I would pay. No dealer prep or transportation or any other bull excrement they could think up.

They spent a lot of time explaining to me I would have to shift gears. That it had a clutch. I tried to explain I knew what a manual transmission was but finally just told the sales guy I was sure I could learn how. This was all done over the phone. I didnt go to the dealers till the jeep got there.

Once I found a dealer took 2 months to get it. Before they would order it the dealer insisted on a down payment made with a credit card not a debit card. I am not sure why.

When I got it the window sticker said built for Danny Clifton. I know thats just a marketing gimmick but I liked it enough to keep it. (poke fun at me if you want I dont care grin )
Posted By: Kart29

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Calvin

Check.

I special ordered and bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 with 5.7L Hemi V-8 for $35,500 out the door - that included sales tax destination charges, and dealer fees. I thought that was a pretty danged good value - especially considering the cost of a used truck. Kelly Blue Book told me trade-in value of the new truck was $37,000 after I drove it home.

It's just a base model dressed up with some options - V-8 engine, cloth seats, chrome bumpers, tow hooks, trailer hitch, carpet on the floors, limited slip diff, LT rated tires. Power windows, locks, and cruise control already came standard on the basic work truck. It took me a lot of shopping to find a dealer who would put in the order for me and I had to wait four months to get it. But I got it built out exactly like I wanted it and didn't have to pay $15,000 extra for a bunch of electronic crap the dealers all put on their inventory trucks.

If there's other options from the high-end trucks that you really want on your truck, you can buy the parts and install them yourself for less cost than it would to buy the truck with the options already factory installed.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 06:42 PM

My son in law drove his 2000 Ford for almost 2 years. He got $3,000 more than he paid for it on trade for a new 2022 Ford. That's just crazy!
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 07:00 PM

Mark - appears that buying a new truck, we were blessed on the timing, opportunity, and discounts. We prayed hard about this purchase. Being retired and running a small business is not very lucrative. We got this truck in the third year of its generation which gave time for any bugs to be eliminated.

You never told me how you like that Pioneer. I nudged you in that direction based upon us liking ours so well. Not short on power is it! The nets in the window areas came off in the first 5 minutes. What have you done to make it just right for you?

The local dealer has repeatedly offered to buy back my 2019 F-350. The last offer was a few months ago for $10,000 more than I paid. They know that a deluxe F-350 would not sit on the lot because they have a waiting list for specific vehicles.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 07:48 PM

Yes dodge trucks are plentiful. Not many people want them around here.Local dealer had 14 new ones last week on the lot. My wife thought she might like a new jeep grand wagoneer .LOL basic model starts 89,000 LOADED 110,000 out the door. Nope not for us...They look dang good and the inside is great . Never owned one but as for looks good as any ....
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: New truck prices - 04/18/22 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
My son in law drove his 2000 Ford for almost 2 years. He got $3,000 more than he paid for it on trade for a new 2022 Ford. That's just crazy!

What he do let it sit for the other 20 years ?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums