Home

Time clocks at work

Posted By: coonman220

Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 06:50 PM

What can u be dock for 1 min late ? Years back it was 6 min, it happen once before an the pricks dick me close hr, I min late today, if get dock that bad I gonna complain on next week check , u think place I work at for over 4 yrs would be beg u be permant an raise yet nothing,I might last till Sept at most an that it, file soacil security come up , so all these other factory jobs like things hunky dory there,lot crap holes in ground at factories I work at an the pricks that work there I can't stand some them ,now I know why guy keep bug me when leave an he come in work afternoon, he say other day, shy not work full time here an quit other job, he get big money bonus if do that as recruit me , screw him an that place, what is most they can dock u for be min late on time clock ? I can't see how more then 6 min
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 06:55 PM

Punch in a minute early tomorrow and tell pricks now we’re even.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 06:59 PM

Heres and idea,,,,stop going in late.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 06:59 PM

Check your company handbook. If you don't have one, check with your HR department.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:05 PM

HR
Originally Posted by CTRAPS
Check your company handbook. If you don't have one, check with your HR department.

HR is that like hand writing?lol
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:07 PM

At most a 1 minute late time punch should get you a 15 minute deduction. Most places around here won't deduct you until you hit the 3 minute late mark, unless it's a habitual thing.

If they ask you about it, just tell them it changed just as you punched it.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:11 PM

I have no handbook as a temp an he has said next nothing to me since work there, maybe in total in 4.5 yrs, 1 sentence it add up to , whatever, or however get screwed I guess

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:15 PM

Some factory's have mats for workers to stand on, this place don't believe them, I want piece cardboard stand on today because oil an scrap small pieces metal but was told the president yell u if see it ,concrete is hard my feet

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by marathonman
HR
Originally Posted by CTRAPS

HR is that like hand writing?lol

No, it's HR like the Harley Ravidson motorcycles.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:17 PM

A couple of my helpers showed up late, and it was a busy morning, I was stuck pulling trucks in, pushing logs etc by myself.. They said "better late than never".....I said " better never late". I didnt do anything other than mouth off to them, they were busy yelling at each other blaming the other guy since they carpooled.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Some factory's haveats for workers to stand on, this place don't believe them, I want piece cardboard stand on today because oil an scrap small pieces metal but was told the president yell u if see it ,concrete is hard my feet

Get a job logging, the grounds nice and soft.....
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:26 PM

Depends on who does the timekeeping my company had everthing sent out its based on 3- 8 hour shifts if we clocked in more then 7 min. early it went as 15 minutes overtime 1 minute late supposedly 1/4 hr deduction or so they said Reality was anything out of parematers was kicked back to office personal and they had to manually correct it which interfered with the allday office meetings

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:39 PM

Ya u get screwed pretty good with time clocks, stuff Been put up with since 16 old, always someone I don't like there or slackers an u do all work,sick it , not right line work an to late, I go school learn how do something if out high school is what recommend or end up something like I got
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 07:42 PM

Early is ontime
Ontime is late
Late, you might as well collect your things

This is how it works in some places and the way I was raised. I personally think it is a good way to be, don't tolerate tardiness. If someone is going to be late, they had better be calling before hand to let someone know, and not be doing it on a regular basis.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 08:12 PM

Try being early all the time, then nobody will mind if you’re one minute late once in a while. I show up between 15 and 30 minutes early every day for work. Sit around and drink coffee with the boss and get to work when the clock says it’s time. Never been late once. Because of that I’ll bet if there ever was a day that I did show up a minute late my boss would crack some joke about getting ready to send a search party and then we’d get to work and that’d be the end of it. If you’re worried about getting docked for being late, don’t be late.

Sounds like you just really hate the place you work at. If that’s the case, go find something else.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 08:26 PM

He has been told that many times. Probably the road work at his house held him up.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 08:35 PM

That right, go out 2 ND driveway an warm pickup up an run back, drive 3 blks outway ,drive over 8 inch hunks gravel slow, ya work pricks that dont pay up, they have temps work there that miss 2-3 days week , have notice the 1 not work more 2 days straight without day off , I have never believe in go work more 3-4 min at max early
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 08:39 PM

My grand father told me that if you are not 5 minutes early, you are late. ...works for me

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 08:42 PM

I have never believe in go work more 3-4 min at max early

Nice work ethic.No wonder they love you and treat you so well at your job. grin

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 08:49 PM

You don’t believe in being more than 3 or 4 minutes early for work? Well I think we’ve found your problem. With that attitude you’ll never have a good job. I’ve always been 15-30 minutes early, and always willing to stay late, and always work while I’m at work. That’s why I have a good job now. You should try it.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
I have never believe in go work more 3-4 min at max early

Nice work ethic.No wonder they love you and treat you so well at your job. grin

X2
Jeez man, you ever going to figure it out??

In 27 years at my current job I've only called in 3 times and I was sick. I've never been late either and I work right next to a RR track and trains that love to block the road forever. My employer doesn't give a crap about me but my reliability is a source of pride in my work ethic.

If you don't want to be in the building more than a few minutes early at least show up in the parking lot and sit in your truck so you're not late.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:05 PM

Several years ago I had some farm families that expanded, formed LLCs and hired employees. They decided to go with time clocks for all employees including themselves. This last one year as the family members were surprised how many fewer hours they were actually working then they always thought they were. They dropped that approach for themselves and went to the partnership model like most did. They did keep the clocks for the non family workers however.

Bryce
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:32 PM

I not go into work early at crap hole , u got bring ladder to get down into these holes in ground, pretty deep , wear out hipboots
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:37 PM

Here's my best attempt. As was stated previously figure out what the handbook/rule/contract says. every place can be different but somewhere there is a rule and either your supervisor or payroll know. but in your case the temp agency would know as part of their contract with the company so just ask them as they are your actual employer.

the payroll rule will normally be partially crafted around the payroll reporting system. in the old days when things were less automated, i recall 15 minutes was a pretty common standard as it translates to 1/4 hour blocks. these days i'd be shocked if any place of any size is not running an enterprise system where the clock feeds directly to payroll. those clocks can track by minutes but 6 minutes tend to be the magic point as that breaks the hour down to 1/10th pay. now whether the company has added a penalty factor beyond 6 minutes likely depends on its absenteeism experience and desire to manage that

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:42 PM

Not going to ever be offered full time with your attitude and work ethic. You know they ate working on your street. You should have left earlier.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:43 PM

Ya I work past buzzer every day al.ost free, sometimes 12-15 min, really fair, they can't dock u 45 min for min late

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:47 PM

If I were your boss at work,,you would be trapping raccoons full time for a living by now. grin
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 09:47 PM

That right, go out 2 ND driveway an warm pickup up an run back, drive 3 blks outway ,drive over 8 inch hunks gravel slow, ya work pricks that dont pay up, they have temps work there that miss 2-3 days week , have notice the 1 not work more 2 days straight without day off , I have never believe in go work more 3-4 min at max early

Have you asked to work overtime ? Have you asked to work a double shift ?

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 10:29 PM

Try to get a job with that crew working on your street.You sound like just their kinda guy and you could walk to work Save your gas for coon trappin for big bucks.! grin
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 10:38 PM

If I were your boss at work,,you would be trapping raccoons full time for a living by now. grin

Amen!
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 10:46 PM

When I was running mines, I fired more guys for being late than for any other reason, including missing work.

In 37 years in the mining business, I was late once. I left for work, and broke a timing chain in my truck. A passing car gave me a lift back to my house. Jumped in my IH Scout, ran it out of gas ( it had a hole in the tank ). It was left along the road about a 1/4 mile from the truck. Got another ride home, wife drove me to work. I ended up being 20 minutes late. At the end of the day, I had to gather up my two vehicles I left along the road.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 11:00 PM

Coonman220 I find it hard to believe that AAALLLL of these people are just doing their darndest to keep you down and hurt you and you are a model employee who never does anything to deserve it. I bet the guy in your mirror has more to do with it than that “shady company” and your “no good boss”.

Here’s what I would do if I were you. Show up tomorrow 20 minutes before your shift with a smile on your face and a go getter attitude. During your shift do your best to beat your own personal record for production. Don’t say a word to anyone unless it’s positive. At the end of the day ask your boss what YOU can do to move up in pay and full time status, and then do everything he says and then some. Then go home, get a good nights rest and repeat every day. I 100% guarantee that if you do that then this time next year every problem you whines about on this post will be solved.
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 11:03 PM

I usually punch in 40 minutes early and get paid for it .If I’m a minute late or two or ten nobody cares. If I got docked for being late I’d be gone I wouldn’t put up with it Especially in this job market. Find a decent place to work.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
Some factory's haveats for workers to stand on, this place don't believe them, I want piece cardboard stand on today because oil an scrap small pieces metal but was told the president yell u if see it ,concrete is hard my feet

Get a job logging, the grounds nice and soft.....

Truth! Softer today with 3 inches new snow....lol
Posted By: AWE

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 11:11 PM

Another coonman hoax thread, I am surprised more folks haven’t caught on by now.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 11:11 PM

First you learned of the road construction project? Because if you knew the road was being tore up and worked on the day before, and was still late that's 100% on you. When it snows most guys leave early for work.....Add that to the lawsuit that you're planning for the project.
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 11:31 PM

Where do you work and what do you do?

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
When I was running mines, I fired more guys for being late than for any other reason, including missing work.

In 37 years in the mining business, I was late once. I left for work, and broke a timing chain in my truck. A passing car gave me a lift back to my house. Jumped in my IH Scout, ran it out of gas ( it had a hole in the tank ). It was left along the road about a 1/4 mile from the truck. Got another ride home, wife drove me to work. I ended up being 20 minutes late. At the end of the day, I had to gather up my two vehicles I left along the road.

I worked 40 years in the Steelworkers Union.In those 40 years,,,I NEVER went in late and NEVER called in sick.Not ONCE.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/18/22 11:49 PM

Wow, you have it so easy it's really unreal, compared to most, I get up two hours early to get ready for work, drive a half hour to
the mine, to catch my bus ride into the mine an hour early due to what ever might have happened to the access road'

Usually in the break room dressed for work 45 minutes early every day, night shift or day shift cause I work rotating shifts, eat my breakfast at work. We have to be at line at 6 ion the morning or 6 at night depending on shift, if your late it's marked down, two maybe three times you get docked pay, you are not allowed to work early or after shift unless ok'd by the foreman over your crew, you don't get any credits for being early, but if you punch out early you are told about it in the next day's line out meeting to make sure everyone always knows not to punch out early.

I minute early equates to 6 minutes of pay lost and it's all automatic, only way it does not count if your involved in a mayday and carried put by ambulance or driven to the medical clinic.

All those extra minutes I'm there early don't count for nothing on pay, but it does show the boss I'm a regular and can be counted on to be there, I'd rather have that then the pay working where I do it counts for more in residuals LOL !!

You got a holiday job that you complain is terrible and you are only a temp player at best, yes you are lucky as no one else with any kind of business would put up with your attitude !!
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by AWE
Another coonman hoax thread, I am surprised more folks haven’t caught on by now.

Yup, it’s gotten old, real fast.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 01:13 AM

Try to get a job with that crew working on your street.You sound like just their kinda guy and you could walk to work Save your gas for coon trappin for big bucks.! grin

Ha ha was thinking the same thing
Posted By: run

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 01:17 AM

LOL.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by GritGuy
Wow, you have it so easy it's really unreal, compared to most, I get up two hours early to get ready for work, drive a half hour to
the mine, to catch my bus ride into the mine an hour early due to what ever might have happened to the access road'

Usually in the break room dressed for work 45 minutes early every day, night shift or day shift cause I work rotating shifts, eat my breakfast at work. We have to be at line at 6 ion the morning or 6 at night depending on shift, if your late it's marked down, two maybe three times you get docked pay, you are not allowed to work early or after shift unless ok'd by the foreman over your crew, you don't get any credits for being early, but if you punch out early you are told about it in the next day's line out meeting to make sure everyone always knows not to punch out early.

I minute early equates to 6 minutes of pay lost and it's all automatic, only way it does not count if your involved in a mayday and carried put by ambulance or driven to the medical clinic.

All those extra minutes I'm there early don't count for nothing on pay, but it does show the boss I'm a regular and can be counted on to be there, I'd rather have that then the pay working where I do it counts for more in residuals LOL !!

You got a holiday job that you complain is terrible and you are only a temp player at best, yes you are lucky as no one else with any kind of business would put up with your attitude !!

For way treat an pay, I have excellent attuitude, no idea if job last months, any day could be last with me quit or fired, ya well u get lot more pay an benifits, I don't get that
Posted By: ou812

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 01:46 AM

I swear, everytime I'm not going to read another post. It's like a literary and grammatical trainwreck, you know you shouldn't watch err open but you do and you're dumber for it, every (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) time.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 02:09 AM

Excellent attitude coonman?

Yah, okaaaay?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 02:23 AM

Coonman-you need to get yourself a good union job.
Those scumbag bosses wont be able to treat you like crap for every little thing.They have to treat everyone the same and follow the rules or their arses will be hauled up on the carpet.And you will too or your fellow workers will give you grief.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 02:38 AM

If you're 5 minutes early, you are late!

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 03:19 AM

Coonman22o writes, in regards to my reply about in and out time clock

For way treat an pay, I have excellent attuitude, no idea if job last months, any day could be last with me quit or fired, ya well u get lot more pay an benifits, I don't get that

You do not have a company attitude, you have your attitude, you are a temp, there is no reason for you to know when your job is done or not, the company does not need to provide that info, you are a tool hired by the company to use as they feel the need.
You don't get any benefits as you are a temp, the company makes money on not providing any bennies because they hire temps, this is your choice to work there.

I make the wage I do and get the benefits I do, because I'm a trained and educated and practiced professional in my field, the company pays me to provide that service to them at their hours, my reward is my wage and benefits for learning my trade, I am full time at 68 years old and plan on working longer still as my job is not that difficult due to my knowledge about doing it.

You could have done the same thing instead of being stuck on a park amusement ride as a temp hire, your choice, not anyone else's, plenty here have suggested ways to improve the situation you live in, but are met with continued denial of improvement from you through various excuse's.

I swear this is a new Ground Hog movie, and some where there is a whole host of people having fresh popcorn every day !!

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Coonman-you need to get yourself a good union job.
Those scumbag bosses wont be able to treat you like crap for every little thing.They have to treat everyone the same and follow the rules or their arses will be hauled up on the carpet.And you will too or your fellow workers will give you grief.

Ya ur right although it start get lil late an this bum knee with limp , I guess one idea was if get knee replace that have something come in anyhow

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by GritGuy
Coonman22o writes, in regards to my reply about in and out time clock

You do not have a company attitude, you have your attitude, you are a temp, there is no reason for you to know when your job is done or not, the company does not need to provide that info, you are a tool hired by the company to use as they feel the need.
You don't get any benefits as you are a temp, the company makes money on not providing any bennies because they hire temps, this is your choice to work there.

I make the wage I do and get the benefits I do, because I'm a trained and educated and practiced professional in my field, the company pays me to provide that service to them at their hours, my reward is my wage and benefits for learning my trade, I am full time at 68 years old and plan on working longer still as my job is not that difficult due to my knowledge about doing it.

You could have done the same thing instead of being stuck on a park amusement ride as a temp hire, your choice, not anyone else's, plenty here have suggested ways to improve the situation you live in, but are met with continued denial of improvement from you through various excuse's.

I swear this is a new Ground Hog movie, and some where there is a whole host of people having fresh popcorn every day !!
ya ur right but close home an work out other job an place where at years long gone years back an way ends up be I guess , lot crap factories around work it

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 04:04 AM

C220
You are out of good options at this point in your life, really, there are other jobs that probably are better no doubt, but they would require more from you than this place you are at now because they probably don't hire temps.

If you make it through your neighborhood fix up and repair going on with out incarceration happening, you probably can finish out your temp history with this place and forget about it all together this year !!

Good Luck !!
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/19/22 04:18 AM

Stop going in late, at my.job a minute late is a point and it takes a whole year from the time you get that point to when it gets erased. If you get 7 late points than you get fired.

We go in 15 min early for pass down. I prefer to go in half an hour early for pass down til they told us to stop and no sooner then 20 minutes early.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/20/22 03:23 AM

If they did that at work, they have lil help left
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/20/22 06:35 AM

Install YOUR OWN time clock and make everyone punch in to yo.

DONT TAKE IT ANY MORE!

YOU ARE TOO REASONABLE!

REVOLT!
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/20/22 11:01 AM

Chuck Norris would make the time clock punch itself.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/20/22 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by BuckMink
Chuck Norris would make the time clock punch itself.

For sure.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/20/22 10:29 PM

Heres and idea,,,,stop going in late.

Yes be 5 min early
Posted By: garart

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/20/22 11:11 PM

Don't rely on the clock! From where I come from you are LATE if your not there at LEAST 10 minutes before your shift starts. This type of thinking comes from a thing called WORK ETHIC, look it up Dave!!!!!

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/22/22 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
Install YOUR OWN time clock and make everyone punch in to yo.

DONT TAKE IT ANY MORE!

YOU ARE TOO REASONABLE!

REVOLT!

Great advice.
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/22/22 02:15 AM

Coonman, was just wondering if you could make us up some Viking memes. i believe you could do some good ones.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/22/22 05:50 PM

4 more months an soacil security check in hand an just work one job an or at other place I have in mind in Sept an Oct end that , hopefully my plans work out so get out the crud hole POS factory I at now, I prepare quit on spot an walk out door, if any crap from mean pricks , what a turd hole ground , that what lot factories like
Posted By: hippie

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/22/22 06:03 PM

Keep a job you really really like, because you'll be working there until you die.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/22/22 06:13 PM

How many guys would deal with superviser that put finger like inches away from face an yell an Hollar u? For no reason or hardly none, The nite superviser has lot complaints an I heard does that, the day superviser is close second

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/22/22 06:25 PM

Just going by what you say on here. If its true what you say your financial situation is, you're about to make the mistake of your life.

On the other hand, if you have a stash, I'm happy you can retire early and tell them to stick it.
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/22/22 06:38 PM

Just be grateful to have a job. Without the paycheck they give you, what else would you do? Where would your next meal come from?

Don't like it there? Get an interview at a different company that offers a job more suitable to your disposition and needs, and graciously resign from your current employer, thanking them for the OPPORTUNITY to work there.

Leave the temp. hiring place in the dust. Get out there and find a job on your own that will take you on full time. Right out of school in 2011, I started applying online to many different jobs, just to find something to get me going. After a month of hearing nothing back from my online applications, I drove to the area I was planning on working and started knocking on business doors and handing out resumes I had printed at home. Had an interview and job offer the next day, starting at around $60k/year plus overtime and a company pickup. Sure, I learned there were parts of that job that sucked, but it put some money in my pocket until I decided to move on. Gotta take the bull by the horns sometimes if you're looking to make a positive change!

Put yourself out there Dave. Quit complaining about where your are at in life, and actually DO something to dig yourself out of the hole you say you're in, instead of pacing around at the bottom of it being PO'd. You need to find some true motivation to change your life for the better. Constantly living life PO'd because you decided to do nothing to better your situation gets you nowhere, except closer to an early grave. The only one that can make positive changes in your life right now is YOU. We all make decisions day in and day out. Make positive decisions and choices to put yourself in a better place. You can choose to have a good day and positive attitude, or you can choose to have a bad day and a poor attitude.
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/22/22 08:08 PM

I believe there are very, very few jobs out there where you enjoy every minute of the work. In my experience, no matter where you work, there are always some people and things that you'll have to learn to tolerate and put up with. I've accepted it as the nature of the beast. I've got a friend that jumps around, job to job, because he doesn't tolerate people well at all. Hey, if that works for you, great, but in my opinion it just shows your next potential employer that you aren't going to be there long and I should think twice about hiring you....what do I know? He keeps getting hired at different companies. He's since moved out of state, too though....hmm
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 12:19 AM

Behnke Enterprises in Farley is expanding and hiring 34 workers at $21.14 per hour. Family owned and make equipment trailers, dump trailers, etc. Welders, assemblers, and machine workers. Closer for you to work and opposite from that horrid town of Dubuque. Please tell us now the reason this job won't work for you. We all are waiting..................

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by bankrunner
Behnke Enterprises in Farley is expanding and hiring 34 workers at $21.14 per hour. Family owned and make equipment trailers, dump trailers, etc. Welders, assemblers, and machine workers. Closer for you to work and opposite from that horrid town of Dubuque. Please tell us now the reason this job won't work for you. We all are waiting..................

He might have to actually work, and show up on time and have a nice personality.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by bankrunner

He might have to actually work, and show up on time and have a nice personality.

U are saying I don't work or work hard ? Why is that ? I work hard , I have never heard them until mention, I don't know what go do for sure, I have a limp an employers an co workers everyone down it an hate it , if I retire partially, problem try stick out till later summer, where I work at factory , if I did t work hard, I be gone, I never late work, I think twice in 4.5 yrs an few min , one morning I lost wallet an hh late, I just don't believe in come in 15 min early like they ask an work free, u talk like all these new jobs are a cinch to , u think they gonna make u do something for $21. Hr ? No idea how hard job is an who work with, like it a candy world at work like a fairyland u talking, hey some gus are good workers an get sick
of years of work with bunch jackwipes , I put up it for years an don't like way treat lot times an adjeted about be good worker better others an way things turn out an it be nice live few years yet an go fishing an trap bfore gone or even able do anything , I no guys wouldn't even get inside one these craphole factory's with torture machines that if screw up at, or machine malfunction or other co worker hit buttons that chop ur arms off , I really don't care about bunch stupid mfg machines to much an sick bldg on an destroy habitat an what left countryside an hate these crapholes an ones work in them, bunch pricks work in them !!!

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 02:03 AM

Please slow down Dave. It's getting hard to read. I guess you don't care if people can read what you just posted.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 02:19 AM

They maybe just hire guy shop other job, not sure or maybe there work on something from outside but don't like him or his type or looks , they have had a number of fights an fireings in last year , I not say a thing to him an not take nothing of him, looks like a junkyard type worker from horrid dbq, lots there I don't want nothing do with, lots trouble makers all over

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 02:22 AM

You say you’re never late, then say you’ve been late a couple times. Which is it? Never or a couple times?

Nobody is saying to show up to work and work early without pay, you should be at work early so you are prepared or start working when you are required to be working. I am scheduled to start working at 7:30 in the morning, I am at work, coffee made, ready to go at no later than 7:15 in the morning. I like to be on time. 15 minutes prior is on time. So I am ready to work when I am “on the clock”, I don’t clock in, I just log how many hours I work.

I said what I said, I think you may believe you work hard. But, you have a terrible attitude and don’t give your all to your work, you have a sense of entitlement. You focus on others and what they are doing instead of worrying about your own work. Who cares if you have a limp, employees are required to make “reasonable” accommodations if you have a disability. As long as it doesn’t affect your work or the work you are doing, it shouldn’t matter. And just because you think others worry about it, doesn’t mean a darn thing.

You have a terrible attitude when it comes to doing your job, you are a temp employee and expect to be treated special for some reason. You aren’t a tenured full time employee, you aren’t the same as them. You also signed up for the work, and you should do your job to the best of your ability, I think you are doing it to the best of your abilities, even if that is mediocre to the standards of many here.

As my WWII veteran grandfather used to say… boy, I wake up with a (blank) harder than you’ve ever worked in your life.

You need to focus on bettering yourself Dave. Stop worrying about others. I really hope you are able to retire early and only work one job, I really do.

I’m sure you’ll not read or understand what I’m saying.

Please reach out to Lynne, I posted her information on another one of the many redundant threads you’ve posted. You really should speak to someone and get some help.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 02:24 AM

Coonman, have you applied for work at any other places?

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 02:26 AM

They maybe just hire guy shop other job, not sure or maybe there work on something from outside but don't like him or his type or looks , they have had a number of fights an fireings in last year , I not say a thing to him an not take nothing of him, looks like a junkyard type worker from horrid dbq, lots there I don't want nothing do with, lots trouble makers all over

Have you ever considered that you are the trouble maker that is all over.

As my grandfather used to say.

If you run into a butthole in the morning, you ran into a butthole. If you run into buttholes all day… well, you’re the butthole.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 02:31 AM

At your current job, you are a temp. That means you are a no strings attached, disposable, immediately replaceable warm body there to perform manual unskilled labor. You will always be paid and treated as such. If you want to be paid and treated better, start applying for full time permanent positions that you are qualified for. If you stay at a job you hate, where people treat you badly and your pay is low, that’s nobodys fault but your own. Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to work there.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 02:58 AM

It is someone just hire, he brought tools out truck , immediately knew trouble in few min, oh well it not great job loose it, I take nothing off his type

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 03:02 AM

It is someone just hire, he brought tools out truck , immediately knew trouble in few min, oh well it not great job loose it, I take nothing off his type

¿Qué?
Posted By: Dan D

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 03:11 AM

Hey Dave, I've had 6 knee surgeries. I limp when I walk. My knees are bone on bone. I need new ones. I'll be 61 and still work 40 plus hours a week. Why? Because it pays the bills. What's your story?
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 10:34 AM

Late is late
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 11:14 AM

I'm Adlerian.
Which I believe is perfectly evident in these posts.
We determine who we became by the choices we make.
You want to change? Make different choices in life.

I deal with this all day, every day in pastoral hospital ministry where I witness people whose bodies have failed because of their choices in life.

Adler was partners with Freud until good old Sigmund dug way too deep into his ID, Ego, and Superego theories that all we are and all we will be (sexual and aggressive tendencies) is baked by age 6.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: K52

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dan D
Hey Dave, I've had 6 knee surgeries. I limp when I walk. My knees are bone on bone. I need new ones. I'll be 61 and still work 40 plus hours a week. Why? Because it pays the bills. What's your story?

Dave's always bringing his limp up and saying how people hate him because of that. I'm a retired bricklayer and I worked with a man that had a wooden leg, his leg got cut off above the knee in a car wreck when he was a young man. He worked every day and everyone admired his determination and his ability to do a full days work without complaining. By the end of the day you could tell he was hurting but he kept going.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/23/22 06:00 PM

Where ever you work there is always some one that hard to work around and get on nerves. I always fight fire with fire and seems to work. I get satisfaction to screw with other until ruin his day. Glad to see you get social security. It will bring peace of mind your way.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/28/22 09:01 PM

So now public 24/7 free buses to bring minorities from dbq out that worthless bums an trash from sedonna to work a hr or day or whatever, it ought be something this summer, must be desperate help , I thi k free transportation for all factories area from dbq

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/28/22 09:50 PM

Just talk ups an FedEx on ship info as not ship package yrs, nothing but Latino, can't understand word hardly an they know nothing , hilarious , like talk to monkey ! Maybe they send some out work , like have one to make fool out of on last few months
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/28/22 10:00 PM

Just talk ups an FedEx on ship info as not ship package yrs, nothing but Latino, can't understand word hardly an they know nothing , hilarious , like talk to monkey ! Maybe they send some out work , like have one to make fool out of on last few months

They probably work harder and get paid better than you with benefits. Now really who is the fool??????????

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/28/22 10:28 PM

They do not work harder ! Noway ? Why u say that ? But treat better, yes, minorities are speacil most places, not with me

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/28/22 10:39 PM

The same way when we try to read what you post.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/29/22 01:24 AM

They do not work harder ! Noway ? Why u say that ? But treat better, yes, minorities are speacil most places, not with me

Wouldn't it be better to work smarter rather than harder?

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/29/22 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader

The same way when we try to read what you post.

So true.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/29/22 02:03 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/29/22 02:40 AM

Just tell them you forgot to clock in and you was in the restroom. Make them fix your time on the computer. I’ve seen it done for years this way.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/30/22 02:08 AM

Definately sick work bad, dirty hard jobs, get home an way hair from oil drip down hat, with popular slackers do just that, a typical factory for u, all same, some worse others, mostly all done is low factory job, screw up in life, I can't wait till late August, another warehouse close hire pt anyone as much as want for col months after plus other job, if fur price don't increase, not go be worth drive lot with high gas

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/30/22 03:08 AM

Fur prices won't increase enough in the next 12 months to allow trapping to be profitable for the average trapper.

You can take that to the bank.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/30/22 03:12 AM

Definately sick work bad, dirty hard jobs, get home an way hair from oil drip down hat, with popular slackers do just that, a typical factory for u, all same, some worse others, mostly all done is low factory job, screw up in life, I can't wait till late August, another warehouse close hire pt anyone as much as want for col months after plus other job, if fur price don't increase, not go be worth drive lot with high gas

I can't translate this one. All I got is coonman screwed up in life and so now has a job that causes his hair to be dripping with grease. Or something like that.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/30/22 03:16 AM

I think he just likes to complain.
Bet he has a bank acct. that will choke a goat.

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/30/22 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by hippie
I think he just likes to complain.
Bet he has a bank acct. that will choke a goat.

Yup

Re: Time clocks at work - 04/30/22 03:54 AM

That’s no excuse to wallow in self pity and do nothing to make your situation better. I’ve screwed up too. Bad. But I worked hard and came back from it. I chose to make myself better. I really think that the only thing holding you back is your firm belief that you have no other option but to stay at your crappy job and be miserable. Fur prices aren’t going up anytime soon, so you better figure out a better plan than that.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums