Home

File complaints here

Posted By: Pawnee

File complaints here - 04/22/22 11:25 AM

I know I live in western Kansas and I know the wind blows so no smart butt comments needed. I’ve got a wife so she has all the “ya know it’s spring in Kansas” snarky stuff covered. Lol I’ve been venting to Flint Hill fur about it daily, so I figured I’d give him a break and complain on here. 55-65 again today! I think that makes 6 days over 60 in the last 30 days. In the last month I can only remember one or two days that it’s been below 20 mph. Really doesn’t matter if it’s 20 or 60 it all makes me irritable. If guys can be gals these days and vice versa then I guess I can have full blown wind PMS. A guy just can’t get away from it. Makes for a long day when the only thing between it and you is a cow or a Elm tree that’s 5 miles from ya. Anyone else sick of it?
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 11:42 AM

Been very windy here also.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 11:45 AM

Windy here always. Not quite as high as 50! But the wind always blows. Sunny, light breeze, warm days are rare as rockin horse turds.
Posted By: Turd Furgeson

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 11:52 AM

Same thing here in NW SD. Been miserably windy, bait lids flying away, hat blowing off, fighting the truck doors, sifting dirt blowing in your face, majority of snares knocked down or full of tumbleweed. Calling for 12-18” with 62 mph winds tomorrow.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 12:02 PM

I hate wind!!!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 12:05 PM

The only wind I like was on high chaparral
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 12:06 PM

Global warning Brad. I'll stop using deodorant this week for you and see if that helps.

grin
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
I know I live in western Kansas and I know the wind blows so no smart butt comments needed. I’ve got a wife so she has all the “ya know it’s spring in Kansas” snarky stuff covered. Lol I’ve been venting to Flint Hill fur about it daily, so I figured I’d give him a break and complain on here. 55-65 again today! I think that makes 6 days over 60 in the last 30 days. In the last month I can only remember one or two days that it’s been below 20 mph. Really doesn’t matter if it’s 20 or 60 it all makes me irritable. If guys can be gals these days and vice versa then I guess I can have full blown wind PMS. A guy just can’t get away from it. Makes for a long day when the only thing between it and you is a cow or a Elm tree that’s 5 miles from ya. Anyone else sick of it?

I am tired of it ...Yes
Posted By: run

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
Global warning Brad. I'll stop using deodorant this week for you and see if that helps.

grin

I don't use deodorant anymore. But I never expected it to help climate change LOL.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 01:07 PM

Darn flatlanders always complaining about wind.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 01:07 PM

Same here it seems like 20 mph is a calm day now yesterday was beautiful but I was called in for a all day transport a waste of a good day.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 01:14 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 01:17 PM

The last 2 weeks I've been working at a power plant. Upgrading controls on the rotary car dumper. So we're out next to the coal yard... Technically we are "indoors" but all the big overhead doors are open and the wind howls through the building. The dust swirls and you don't dare set your prints down without 18 pounds of weight holding them in place.

Without the recent rain it would definitely be a lot worse... But it still makes for a long dirty day.

Mike
Posted By: Bob

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 02:15 PM

Same here. I had my kids trampoline staked down with 3 chained super stakes, and they held, however the screws holding the trampoline together did not. Ripped the legs right off it and twisted it up in the driveway. Every day this month I’ve been having to stand up signs on the highway that the wind blew over.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 02:21 PM

Been windy and wet this winter and spring. Hard to keep up at work when you can only go 2 days a week. Yesterday was beautiful here and I had a dang headache all day.
Posted By: claycreech

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 02:30 PM

I like wind when I’m in the duck blind. Other than than for all other activities it sucks.
It does help dry things up this time of year.
Posted By: warrior

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 02:47 PM

I guess we in the south should count our blessings that our wind only comes around every so often. But when it does it's all twisted up.

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June

grin

It’s not global warming Mark. I was told the reason it’s so windy here is because Nebraska sucks and Oklahoma blows. Lol

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
[Linked Image]

That’s pretty good.
Posted By: Len Dunham

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 06:22 PM

Wind 25 to 30 out of the south here in southeast kansas.and I am sick of it two days out of the south two days out of north. Fishing on lakes has been tuff.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Len Dunham
Wind 25 to 30 out of the south here in southeast kansas.and I am sick of it two days out of the south two days out of north. Fishing on lakes has been tuff.

I tried going to the range today. After the 3rd shot I could tell I wasn't getting a group size I was getting a weather report... And then the target got ripped off the stand... It's probably blowing through your yard about now.

crazy

Mike
Posted By: Boco

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 09:06 PM

Doesnt sound that bad considering thats Tornado alley,No?
Posted By: bowhunterks

Re: File complaints here - 04/22/22 09:45 PM

Looking like the dust bowl around here today.

This is getting old.

Re: File complaints here - 04/23/22 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by bowhunterks
Looking like the dust bowl around here today.

This is getting old.

Same here

Originally Posted by Boco
Doesnt sound that bad considering thats Tornado alley,No?

Boco, all day in 45-65 is no fun. December 15 it was a steady 65 all day with gust to 85. That’s the worst I’ve been though
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: File complaints here - 04/23/22 03:15 AM

Some rain would sure make it nice to not have dirt blowing in the eyes if it's gna keep up this crap. 40mph is awful 50+ is just crazy to try and attempt much. I complain enough but I know when it's windy here it's WORSE out west an I feel for ya Pawnee. At least make it blow from the west so we get a little of that good dirt from our there grin
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: File complaints here - 04/23/22 03:19 AM

Its been exceptionally windy here for the last several months. I keep thinking it will blow in spring and be done but all it does is blow in another system. I lived one place in Montana for 3 years and the wind blew all the time. When I moved the people in my new town were looking at me funny all the time. They said you are walking only 3/4 the way upright. It took near a year for me to straighten out. grin
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: File complaints here - 04/23/22 04:57 AM

Please make m turn of harp please. mad
© 2024 Trapperman Forums