Home

Cool pics Ohio Turkeys

Posted By: bass10

Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:06 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Well all done in Ohio in 35 minutes of first light. My boy got his off the roost as it came in with 5 hens, he almost messed up because he left his duck tube in and couldn't get it out to put in his turkey choke...kids.
I then placed a new 3/4 strut jake with a breeder hen out and had 3 longbeards come strutting in all by themselves 15 minutes later. Thanks to our DOW that cut our season that was 2 birds for a very long time to
one bird I am done except a couple other states. ANd yes I'm greedy.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:10 PM

Excellent pics!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:14 PM

Great JOB!!!!!! Couple of beautiful birds !!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:16 PM

What's the story with the truck. Looks like it was in a shootout in an old movie
Posted By: KsTrapper88

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:22 PM

Nice birds!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:29 PM

Congrats to you both! Nice birds indeed! Got the measurements on them? Weight? Beards? Spurs?
Posted By: corky

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:41 PM

Congrats

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Congrats to you both! Nice birds indeed! Got the measurements on them? Weight? Beards? Spurs?

I don't have a certified scale so no weight. Typical 2 year old birds, both had 1" spurs and 10" beards, my spurs were a tad better than my boys but his beard a bit thicker.

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
What's the story with the truck. Looks like it was in a shootout in an old movie

Well a friend of ours 87 years old sold his farm, my buddy wanted that truck out of his barn for a ornament on his entrance. I thought he was crazy at first but once he fixes up a bit, welds doors shut, etc.
Some old door graphics it should be pretty cool. Hopefully not sitting there long.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:44 PM

Nice
Posted By: 160user

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by bass10
Originally Posted by jbyrd63

Well a friend of ours 87 years old sold his farm, my buddy wanted that truck out of his barn for a ornament on his entrance. I thought he was crazy at first but once he fixes up a bit, welds doors shut, etc.
Some old door graphics it should be pretty cool. Hopefully not sitting there long.

Super cool old Jimmy! My parents have a 50's vintage 2 ton GMC sitting as a yard ornament facing down the driveway. As soon as the frost goes out of the ground the headlights will be replaced with flood lights and a switch to turn them on in the house.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 09:07 PM

Congrats
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 09:08 PM

Nice birds!!!
Posted By: Tooltime

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/26/22 11:27 PM

Congrats awesome picture

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/28/22 02:12 PM

Thanks all, the older I get the more I lean to turkeys. Warmer weather, less preparation and I get to do it sitting next to my son.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/28/22 02:41 PM

Nice toms and photos!

I was able to push the season out to about 7:00 when I got a tom. This bird was quite large at 25.4 pounds. Spurs were 1.25” and a 10” beard. I used one hen decoy and a bit of calling. Old fashioned lead shot killed it very well.

The turkey numbers do seem to be way down, but not necessarily lower than in some other years. 2016 there were very few birds around. They do seem to rebound quickly whenever spring weather allows good chick survival.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/28/22 03:06 PM

Now those are classic photos! Congratulations on the nice toms as well.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/28/22 03:14 PM

Awesome job! Good looking birds
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Cool pics Ohio Turkeys - 04/28/22 03:35 PM

Nice.

The pics with the old truck are super cool.

A guy I worked for had an old truck. He got some guy to paint it with a patina look to it. The logo he put on it was patina'd to make it look like it was faded as well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums