Posted By: Northof50

NAFA email - 04/27/22 12:34 AM

Sent out tonight 26 April 19;15 pm CST
Who else has got it.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 12:41 AM

didnt get an email but there was this statement on the website:

NAFA Finalizes Sale Of Assets

Tuesday April 26th, NAFA, and its Monitor, obtained Court and Secured Creditor approval of a recently signed Asset Purchase Agreement (“APA”) between the Company and a third party purchaser. Under the terms of this deal, NAFA agrees to sell the following assets in phased closing for a value that shall remain confidential:

• All NAFA intellectual property including the Blackglama trademark;

• NAFA’s building in Poland, as well as

• NAFA’s building located at 205 Industrial Circle in Stoughton, Wisconsin.

NAFA believes that this sale of some of its most significant assets reflects the best available outcome for NAFA’s various creditors and stakeholders for the following reasons:

The APA represents the best and most comprehensive offer for the sale of the purchased assets following a lengthy and rigorous sales process;
Once closed, the net sale proceeds will satisfy a material portion of the Secured Creditors’ debt;
The closing will reduce (and ultimately, eliminate) NAFA’s carrying costs for the properties being sold; and
After more than 2 years, there have been no other formal or credible offers received for these assets.

Beyond this transaction, NAFA continues to endeavor to realize on its remaining major assets, including sales of mink pelts, insurance claims, long term debt recoveries, etc., in order to satisfy the Secured Creditors debt in full, and looks forward to the time when it can generate additional funds that can be directed towards its remaining creditors. However, the process of realizing on these remaining assets is still, undoubtedly, going to take time. For this, we apologise as we know that the patience of so many has already been stretched over the last 2+ years. Nevertheless, NAFA believes that, in the current circumstances, both with respect to its own fortunes and those of today’s fur market, this path forward is the best one available for the Company, its stakeholders, and its creditors.

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 12:43 AM

Found the email. Was in my spam folder. same statement.
Posted By: hippie

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 12:43 AM

Yep, got an email.
Posted By: Boco

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 12:59 AM

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 01:18 AM

Got it
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 01:28 AM

Notice the last sentence of the e-mail ----- only "the company" is in caps -- tells the entire story.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 01:34 AM

Here's my reaction about if I'll ever see the $55 USD they bounced on me (I'll be nice and spot them the fee for non-sufficient fund check). Not that it really matters besides some point of ethics...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 01:50 AM

NAFA never had any ethic's, sorriest place i ever sold fur, least i learned early and left them long before they could steal anything else from me. Any other company do what they have done would have worse problems than liquidating assets, most would be facing criminal charge's!

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 01:51 AM

Oligarchs is what they are.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Oligarchs is what they are.

Weren't you defending them a couple of years ago - or was it wishful thinking?

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 01:55 AM

I love NAFA.
Made great money there for years,and they dont owe me a cent.
They even taught me(and a bunch of other trappers) basics of fur design and how to use fur machines for making fur articles at their Toronto studio.

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 11:54 AM

Just for those that missed last night post
Posted By: Poorcoon

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 12:43 PM

Lost $600 to 700. But still have yet to find a buyer or auction that came close to satisfying me. I did so much better there than grown Wald it was laughable. Had a couple real good years with petska on coyotes. But other than that I miss them
Posted By: walleye101

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 04:46 PM

They were, without a doubt, one of our best outlets for wild fur for a pretty good run. I will miss that option as well.

That said, someone with some inside info on the industry must have some idea who the mystery third party purchaser is?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes.

Yup,

Coonman is going to have a seizure thinking NAFA
is on it's way back to it's former glory.

And THE GIBB might be getting his job back where
he promised the shippers that everything was hunky dory.

I bet coonman is planning his Iowa longline coon fest right now.

walleyed
Posted By: walleyed

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 06:03 PM

walleyed is still waiting for his refund from the
WILD FUR SHIPPERS COUNCIL where
he was a part owner of NAFA,

Also looking forward to the rest of my NAFA
FREE fur handling DVD's.

Better go check my mailbox, they're probably sitting there right now !!! laugh

walleyed

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed

FREE fur handling DVD's.

walleyed

As a part owner of NAFA you OWE people money.

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed

FREE fur handling DVD's.

walleyed

They're all on YouTube

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 10:36 PM

Walleyed just had to ramp you up
I'll come back when this thread gets to page 12
to tell everyone who the buyer is wink
Posted By: red webb

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 10:54 PM

Got the email also.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 11:10 PM

Sinobec Group Inc.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Sinobec Group Inc.

Any idea who that is? Possibly some Chinese connection? Sino = Chinese. Sino-American = Chinese-American.

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Sinobec Group Inc.

Any idea who that is? Possibly some Chinese connection? Sino = Chinese. Sino-American = Chinese-American.

If the court documents on Deloitte are accurate, the guy running it has a Chinese sounding name. But it's based in Montreal, I believe.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 11:46 PM

Wonder how much fur those Chinese got that the trappers never got paid for. Lol got to watch those Chinese they're pretty sharp grin
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 11:48 PM

Sino - Chinese. bec - last part of Quebec.

They are a big aluminum company in Quebec. Maybe branching out.

Re: NAFA email - 04/27/22 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Sino - Chinese. bec - last part of Quebec.

They are a big aluminum company in Quebec. Maybe branching out.

I believe they are different. The Al co. is Sinobec Trading. Never mind, same address.

"The Purchaser has expressed an intention to revive a Canadian fur auction house
after acquiring the Assets, including hiring some of NAFA’s current and former
employees, which while not a requirement of the Transaction, is consistent with
it choosing to acquire the soft assets necessary to do so."

Re: NAFA email - 04/28/22 12:08 AM

31. After NAFA sent the Teaser, NAFA entered into serious negotiations with the
Purchaser, which is a Canadian entity, with respect to the sale of the Purchased Assets. NAFA
had previous business dealings with Sinobec as they are related to the entity that purchased its
Skyway Premises.
32. It is my understanding that Sinobec is interested in rebooting a North American fur
industry, and the Purchased Assets would be the last pieces to put together for the foundation
of a future auction house.
33. In particular, the principal of Sinobec, Mr. John Lee, whom I have come to know over
the nine months of negotiations, has personally expressed to me his intention to use the soft
assets to start a new NAFA including the operation of a North American fur auction house.
Assuming the APA is approved by this Court and the IP Transaction (as defined in the APA)
closes, the Purchaser will have, along with its acquisition of Skyway Premises in 2021,
acquired all of the assets necessary to do so.
34. Based on my conversations with Mr. Lee, I also understand that Sinobec intends to
provide the necessary funding to permit a restart of the business and may rehire some present
and former employees whose expertise the Purchaser will require (although no formal
employment offers has been made to anyone as yet and it is not a requirement of the APA that
this occur).
35. I caution that there is no commitment or requirement in the APA for Sinobec to do this,
but I believe that there would be little purpose in acquiring the soft assets if the Purchaser did
not intend to do so.
36. The negotiations with Sinobec have been prolonged over the course of nearly nine
months as the Purchaser considered and reconsidered the future of the fur industry and the
pieces he required to engage in this business.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: NAFA email - 04/28/22 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Wonder how much fur those Chinese got that the trappers never got paid for. Lol got to watch those Chinese they're pretty sharp grin

Prolly can't wait to get their little grubby hands on my little, nasty yellow coons still sitting up there, lol.

Re: NAFA email - 04/28/22 11:30 AM

Very interesting. Apparently not everyone believes the fur industry is finished.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: NAFA email - 04/28/22 12:07 PM

31. After NAFA sent the Teaser, NAFA entered into serious negotiations with the
Purchaser, which is a Canadian entity, with respect to the sale of the Purchased Assets. NAFA
had previous business dealings with Sinobec as they are related to the entity that purchased its
Skyway Premises.
32. It is my understanding that Sinobec is interested in rebooting a North American fur
industry, and the Purchased Assets would be the last pieces to put together for the foundation
of a future auction house.
33. In particular, the principal of Sinobec, Mr. John Lee, whom I have come to know over
the nine months of negotiations, has personally expressed to me his intention to use the soft
assets to start a new NAFA including the operation of a North American fur auction house.
Assuming the APA is approved by this Court and the IP Transaction (as defined in the APA)
closes, the Purchaser will have, along with its acquisition of Skyway Premises in 2021,
acquired all of the assets necessary to do so.
34. Based on my conversations with Mr. Lee, I also understand that Sinobec intends to
provide the necessary funding to permit a restart of the business and may rehire some present
and former employees whose expertise the Purchaser will require (although no formal
employment offers has been made to anyone as yet and it is not a requirement of the APA that
this occur).
35. I caution that there is no commitment or requirement in the APA for Sinobec to do this,
but I believe that there would be little purpose in acquiring the soft assets if the Purchaser did
not intend to do so.
36. The negotiations with Sinobec have been prolonged over the course of nearly nine
months as the Purchaser considered and reconsidered the future of the fur industry and the
pieces he required to engage in this business.

Thanks Dirt......be curious to see how this plays out. Direct line to China as they have three offices there as well as numerous warehouses. Headquartered in Montreal, with warehouses/offices in Toronto, Miami, Chicago and now NAFA's real estate.

Sinobec Trading Inc. is a Montreal based wholesaler of metal products, mainly aluminum. Together with Sinometal Resources Inc. and Sinobec Resources LLC, we have successfully triangulated the metal industry. We are experts in metal using operational efficiency and robust flexible technology to supply aluminum products such as ingot, billets, plates, sheets, coils, standard and custom extrusions along with special alloys. We simultaneously offer fabrication, manufacturing, warehousing and logistics to accommodate our customers along their path.

https://www.sinobectrading.com/en/index.php

Privately held company so no financials available. Founded in 2002 so been around for awhile in a competitive market.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: NAFA email - 04/28/22 12:21 PM

If they're going to hire the old worker's at least get them a vision plan on their insurance or at least buy them all some reader's to wear while attempting to grade fur.

I just found out a few weeks back a guy i skinned a bobcat for in 2013 got 225.00 for it up there, lol. Nothing like a flat backed red unspotted Alabama bobcat getting a western grade.

Re: NAFA email - 04/28/22 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Very interesting. Apparently not everyone believes the fur industry is finished.

Just most everyone. They had a hard time finding a buyers. Saga didn't even want Black Glama label. The price for the whole works is probably less than the value of the capital assets.

P.S. and they still haven't raised enough money to pay off the Secured Creditors.

Re: NAFA email - 04/28/22 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
If they're going to hire the old worker's at least get them a vision plan on their insurance or at least buy them all some reader's to wear while attempting to grade fur.

I just found out a few weeks back a guy i skinned a bobcat for in 2013 got 225.00 for it up there, lol. Nothing like a flat backed red unspotted Alabama bobcat getting a western grade.

In that 2013 market you didn't need a western grade to bring $225.

Re: NAFA email - 04/28/22 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

Just most everyone. They had a hard time finding a buyers. Saga didn't even want Black Glama label. The price for the whole works is probably less than the value of the capital assets.

Buy low, sell high.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums