Home

Friday what is it???

Posted By: Macthediver

Friday what is it??? - 04/29/22 04:10 PM

Ok I googled it can't find it. Is something that was in box at auction the wife bought.
Any one know exactly what it was used for? I can only guess based on what's stamped on it.
Is not a pig casterotor ???

[Linked Image]

Mac
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Friday what is it??? - 04/29/22 04:17 PM

There is some identical Wiper Pressure Indicators for sale for $29.00.

"Asserting that the blades weren't the only parts of the wiper system that required periodic attention, in the mid-20th century, The Anderson Company developed the Tel-Tale Wiper Arm Pressure Indicator to check the tension that the wiper arms placed on the blades, another important factor of windshield wiper performance. As vehicle speed increases, the air flowing over the windshield can cause the wipers to momentarily lift off the surface of the glass and skip (or chatter), so it's imperative that the springs in the wiper arms provide adequate pressure to stop that occurrence."

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/tel-tale-wiper-arm-pressure-indicator-2

Keith
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Friday what is it??? - 04/29/22 04:21 PM

I figured it had something to do with bathroom hygiene and toilet paper use.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Friday what is it??? - 04/29/22 04:36 PM

That is easily the worst pig castrator[/quote design I have seen yet

Re: Friday what is it??? - 04/29/22 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
There is some identical Wiper Pressure Indicators for sale for $29.00.

"Asserting that the blades weren't the only parts of the wiper system that required periodic attention, in the mid-20th century, The Anderson Company developed the Tel-Tale Wiper Arm Pressure Indicator to check the tension that the wiper arms placed on the blades, another important factor of windshield wiper performance. As vehicle speed increases, the air flowing over the windshield can cause the wipers to momentarily lift off the surface of the glass and skip (or chatter), so it's imperative that the springs in the wiper arms provide adequate pressure to stop that occurrence."

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/tel-tale-wiper-arm-pressure-indicator-2

Keith

I got it marked at a quarter in wife's rummage sale. I will hold it for anyone wants it for $20 and I will ship lol..

Mac
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Friday what is it??? - 04/29/22 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
I figured it had something to do with bathroom hygiene and toilet paper use.

Moosetrot

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Friday what is it??? - 04/29/22 09:58 PM

BH pressurizer
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Friday what is it??? - 04/30/22 01:08 PM

To measure TP for finger puncture strength.

Re: Friday what is it??? - 04/30/22 01:19 PM

It's gone some guy gave me 25 cents for it. I ask if he knew what it was. He said it had wiper tester on it but no he didn't know what it was. Said he had and old school mechanic friend would know. Said he like all old gizmos didn't know if he had one them. But was going to have this one.
Works for me hope the old timer enjoys it. I might have kept it if he hadn't taken it. Or might went in scrap bucket next trip to salvage yard.

Mac
© 2024 Trapperman Forums