Home

Kansas folks

Posted By: Tommie

Kansas folks - 04/30/22 03:26 AM

Just seen a big tornado touched down out there, just seeing if everyone is ok.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Kansas folks - 04/30/22 03:28 AM

Twas a bit north of me....I think.
Posted By: Swifty

Re: Kansas folks - 04/30/22 03:36 AM

There was one near Wichita, in the Andover area. Watching Wichita TV station about it now.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Kansas folks - 04/30/22 03:42 AM

What I seen it looks like Andover got hit hard .

Re: Kansas folks - 04/30/22 03:52 AM

Mutiple videos of tornado going through Andover is included on this Wichita newspaper website:

https://www.kansas.com/news/weather/tornado/article260919247.html

Re: Kansas folks - 04/30/22 04:08 AM

I haven't heard of any serious injuries from it yet. The Andover YMCA was directly hit, and it looks like multiple vehicles were thrown against the building.
Posted By: HOYT archery

Re: Kansas folks - 04/30/22 09:50 PM

I live in Andover. Lots of damage in town. The twister went east of my house, so we got a good look at it. Very scary to see one in action. Living in Kansas I've seen plenty of them. This is the view from the front yard. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Kansas folks - 05/01/22 01:38 AM

Wow
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Kansas folks - 05/01/22 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by HOYT archery
I live in Andover. Lots of damage in town. The twister went east of my house, so we got a good look at it. Very scary to see one in action. Living in Kansas I've seen plenty of them. This is the view from the front yard. [Linked Image]

I've never seen one that close
Posted By: Marty

Re: Kansas folks - 05/01/22 05:30 AM

Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Kansas folks - 05/01/22 11:06 AM

I work for a company with a branch in Andover. Owner said it took the roof off our building. Said it was real bad.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Kansas folks - 05/01/22 12:23 PM

I am glad nobody died!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Kansas folks - 05/01/22 12:48 PM

Impressive video, Marty. Holy cow!
Andover looks like one big suburb. None of the buildings in the video look like they're more than 10-15 years old.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Kansas folks - 05/01/22 01:22 PM

Andover seems to be tornado alley! Some years back, they really got hit bad. I'm up in the NE, and we had some around too. Went to the spring directors meeting yesterday, and on 75 Hwy, north of Topeka, one went through north of Mayetta, took down 8 big three phase power poles in a row, right at a half a mile worth! Bet the sparks were flying when that happened! They are just part of our way of life, gotta keep your eyes and ears open!
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Kansas folks - 05/01/22 01:39 PM

I think it was about 30 years ago that a big one hit Andover. You see a lot of "new" buildings in an area that has been nailed by a big tornado. Greensburg comes to mind.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums