Home

Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper...

Posted By: Hutchy

Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 08:42 PM

Imagine having to isolate in a city apartment instead of at the trapline cabin.

If I get it again, maybe I'll even have time to put siding on the place...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 09:18 PM

My neighbor spent a lot of time isolating himself in his johnboat and I got quite a few walleye and crappie filets out of that, when he had a case of the bat snivels

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 09:19 PM

P.S. I find 6 miles about the right measure for social distancing not the 6 feet that is advertised by our science twisters

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
P.S. I find 6 miles about the right measure for social distancing not the 6 feet that is advertised by our science twisters

Haha. I'm well over 65 pike since opener on Sunday.

And 6 miles seems more reasonable.

When they first told us to stay 6 feet away from people my first thought was "6 feet? Isn't that a bit close??"
Posted By: run

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 10:31 PM

Looks like fun to me.

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by run
Looks like fun to me.

I'd do covid again to chill here for a week.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 10:49 PM

No I don't want it again not even there
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 11:02 PM

Same. I've had colds that were worse. I'll take the free time off to fish or hunt.

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bigfoot
No I don't want it again not even there

Hit you pretty hard did it?

Tested positive with sumptoms on Sunday. Throat tickle, coughing up phlegm and fatigued yesterday.

Today my voice sounds funny, and was tired this morning but at lunch time was like I was hit with a shot of adrenaline. Boom, energy back, not tired anymore, and throat thing fading fast. Like a light switch.

I never had a runny nose or a sore throat either.

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/03/22 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
Same. I've had colds that were worse. I'll take the free time off to fish or hunt.

I'm susceptible to sore throats and strep....

I'll take this over those any day if the week and double on weekends.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Hutchy
Today my voice sounds funny...

That might mean you are getting better because all Canadians sound funny if ya ask me. grin
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:21 AM

I’m not trying to be a prude,, but I got a vacation because I made a post that mentioned the c-word. Paul had a zero tolerance about the subject,,, is it ok now??

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Originally Posted by Hutchy
Today my voice sounds funny...

That might mean you are getting better because all Canadians sound funny if ya ask me. grin

Did a TEXAN just tell me that MY voice sounds funny???

laugh
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
I’m not trying to be a prude,, but I got a vacation because I made a post that mentioned the c-word. Paul had a zero tolerance about the subject,,, is it ok now??

There was a sticky on the top of the page that said no china flu threads. It is now gone and there have been several post about it. I guess it is ok now?

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:32 AM

Huh.

I was unaware of this.

My bad...?

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:33 AM

Since we are on the subject, why are there no stickies anymore?

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:34 AM

To me, this post is about an outdoorsman doing what outdoorsmen love to do. The 'rona is simply the reason he ended up with free time in middle of the week. And also, Hutchy is one of the more positive posters among us, heck even Case would be hard pressed to find him making a negative comment on this board. I doubt boss or any of the mods suspect him of trolling us on this or any of his posts.

Now I should probably berate him again just for balance LOL
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:34 AM

I did think about removing it when I first saw it,but let it go --to see where it went.You can be assured it will be gone if someone turns it into a squirting match post.
Tom
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

There was a sticky on the top of the page that said no china flu threads. It is now gone and there have been several post about it. I guess it is ok now?

I'm just guessing but I think the restriction was due to the constant arguments over all involved with it. Now it's mostly blown over. And on to the next life changing" emergency" Ukraine or nope past that one now now its Roe vs. Wade. Unless I'm to slow and the next one has popped up all ready.

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:42 AM

To me, this post is about an outdoorsman doing what outdoorsmen love to do. The 'rona is simply the reason he ended up with free time in middle of the week. And also, Hutchy is one of the more positive posters among us, heck even Case would be hard pressed to find him making a negative comment on this board. I doubt boss or any of the mods suspect him of trolling us on this or any of his posts.

I feel like I need to brush my teeth after all the sugar in this post.

And after everything I said about Texans...

grin

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
I did think about removing it when I first saw it,but let it go --to see where it went.You can be assured it will be gone if someone turns it into a squirting match post.
Tom

No squirting here.

Not even a dribble.

Seriously, was unaware of the no covud thing. I should pay attention more.

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:46 AM

Yeah you are prolly right Hutch. Savell called me out recently because I missed an opportunity to insult him and he had to do it himself. Maybe I have low T cool

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:50 AM

Yeah you are prolly right Hutch. Savell called me out recently because I missed an opportunity to insult him and he had to do it himself. Maybe I have low T cool

Good to hear we have each other's backs around here.

Wouldn't want any of us to start slipping.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 01:02 AM

Me too
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 02:13 AM

I enjoyed the heck out of my 10 days off…company policy at the time. Even got another property set during that time. Only had it once. My wife on the other hand has had it like 3-4 times.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I enjoyed the heck out of my 10 days off…company policy at the time. Even got another property set during that time. Only had it once. My wife on the other hand has had it like 3-4 times.

I thought once you had it you were immune to it?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 03:51 AM

Having immunity doesnt mean you wont contract it-it just means you wont get bad sick from it.
Immunity means your body has the antibodies to fight off future infections without getting sick.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 04:15 AM

7 of my days were spent in a Hospital room with Oxygen and a few other treatments. Spent a lot of time Wishin I was Fishin. LOL
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 04:33 AM

I’m with you Hutchy….I had a positive test and had to isolate too…only difference is I didn’t have a remote camp to go to. I had to camp in the middle of town. It sucked!

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:27 PM

I should rent out the travel trailer I have on my patch to the folks that need to self quarantine grin
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 12:29 PM

Dang now I kinda want to catch the kung flu for a couple weeks.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Having immunity doesnt mean you wont contract it-it just means you wont get bad sick from it.
Immunity means your body has the antibodies to fight off future infections without getting sick.

Thats not what science says. You could get another variant, but you wont get the one you recovered from. In every study done to date natural immunity has proven to be better than the vax by a wide margin.
Posted By: run

Re: Imagine getting COVID and not being a trapper... - 05/04/22 02:06 PM

LOL.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums