Home

Waiting on a warrant

Posted By: warrior

Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 04:27 PM

Had an anti make off with a cage and a fox. She thinks she can not answer the door but the popo have all day to wait her out.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 04:30 PM

She took a live fox inside her house? Hopefully she tries to pet it.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 04:30 PM

Hopefully she gets what she deserves
Posted By: 160user

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 04:31 PM

I am hoping she brought it inside and the fox is full of fleas.

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 04:55 PM

Got my cage and fox back and she's going to jail.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 04:56 PM

Awesome outcome.
Posted By: doublesettrigger

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:04 PM

Please tell more when you can.
Rickey
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

That's great news to start the week off. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:05 PM

Outstanding, hope the moron learns a lesson.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by doublesettrigger
Rickey

x2
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:10 PM

Win for the good guys!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by doublesettrigger
Rickey

Yeah when you get home we've got to hear the whole story.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:17 PM

You should insist they stick it to her in court.

Keith
Posted By: Actor

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:17 PM

BRAVO...! Way to go. We need a few more cases like this. This needs to get publicized on Face Book and News Media.

Garry-
Posted By: hippie

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:20 PM

Awesome.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:23 PM

stupid is forever....glad it turned out good for you.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:38 PM

Is she related to the cat on a leash guy ?

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cragar

No, but I did meet his insignificant other and she came within an inch of getting cuffed and stuffed as well.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:50 PM

Why didn't you video this for us?
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 05:53 PM

And those idiots will go on thinking what they did was actually good to "save the poor foxes." They think they are saviours.

I dont envy what you have to deal with Warrior...working around all those people in that heavily populated area.
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:03 PM

Had an anti make off with a cage and a fox. She thinks she can not answer the door but the popo have all day to wait her out.

Originally Posted by Cragar

No, but I did meet his insignificant other and she came within an inch of getting cuffed and stuffed as well.

I'm confused; is it a "he" or a "she"?
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:05 PM

Excellent

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:12 PM

She, a hysterical bawling and crying busy body she that wanted to get in my face.

The officer was professional but firm telling her all the charges she would be charged with if she didn't walk away.

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:15 PM

Was it the cat walker?

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Was it the cat walker?

Nope, but unbeknownst to me he set this all into motion and had me walking into a hornets nest this morning. He just didn't realize I kill hornets for a living.

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:19 PM

laugh
Good on you!
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:31 PM

Awesome news. Wished i came out with the same results for someone who helped themselves to 2 mb750's and 2 330 belisles.
Glad she got the message.

Sarge
Posted By: flash

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:31 PM

We now know why your called Warrior!! lol. Good on ya!
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:41 PM

Good to hear this!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 06:52 PM

Do not be surprised if they show up at your home..
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 07:11 PM

Get with the program, proper pronouns! grin
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 07:14 PM

You should hang that foxes tail from your kilt or the antenna on your work vehicle.

Keith
Posted By: coonlove

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
You should hang that foxes tail from your kilt or the antenna on your work vehicle.

Keith

Best response ever!
Posted By: Miley

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 07:28 PM

Well done Warrior! This thread made my day!
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by PA.Trapper
Outstanding, hope the moron learns a lesson.

Doubtful those kinds of people view going to jail for such a badge of honor, and most just get at worst a slap on the wrist so there’s no real deterrent

Glad it turned out good for you Warrior
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 07:35 PM

Dang, we need to tag Casexx somehow! whistle
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 08:21 PM

laugh

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 08:22 PM

Yes, got the fox back.

Okay here's the run down. Set this job up Saturday.

In this part of Atlanta, properly in the city of Sandy Springs.
[Linked Image]

In this cul-de-sac.
[Linked Image]

The complaint was a litter of red fox living under a deck. The shaded area along the fence to the south is the deck. It is maybe eight inches off the ground but not fully skirted with an access point at the single circle. Five total counting one adult were seen on home security camera. Both homeowners are in agreement on trapping and removal.
[Linked Image]

So first single circle is a positive cage set using a Kirk Dekalb double door advanced trap. The two circles are also cage set using cheaper havajunks along the beaten path they are using. Up the hill and somewhat behind the shruberry are four footholds at the X's along the path they use at the cul-de-sac fence. The two center are duke 1.5 in front of a dirt hole. The outer two are duke 2 flat sets.

Get up early Sunday and run them before church. I have mama in the southernmost flatset X with a pup in the northernmost flat plus one in the left fork of the trail where the dirt holes are. None in the cages. Later a get a text saying I've caught another one so I go back after church and have the dog fox in the right fork dirt hole.

This was when the cat walker confronted me about who hired me to kill them. This guy never left the sidewalk so no harm no foul but I took the opportunity as I always do to explain just who I am and why I've been hired to include the rules and regulations I operate under. I do try to go into detail of the why such as the mid altlantic rabies outbreak and the fact the neither I nor the state have the resources to test every fox and just why I'm required to euthanize them. I hate it but I've learned the weasel language and how to try to place nice with the idiots. Well he didn't like it one bit but I thought he half way heard reason even if he was pacing in his driveway two doors down when I left.

Well this morning I get a text that another has been caught. So I head that way, I was going anyway but its nice to have the client let me know. I just wish he had let me know all the details. So as I get there and am in his yard he calls to let me know that someone had emailed the HOA and reported a strange man wandering around the neighborhood with a gun killing foxes.

And here I need to freely admit that I knowingly and willfully violate Georgia trapping regulations by not carrying a 22lr and using it to dispatch. Sorry Swampwolf I'll gladly accept your state ticket vs a federal felony for some of the places I go.

So no firearms involved.

Well this ain't good I better get my fox and get out. I pass the first cage on the way to the footholds and I have a kit. It's contained so I move on to the right fork foothold where I have another kit. Quick check other footholds empty. So as I'm about to address the one in front of me when I'm challenged from the yard. It's a yuppie yoga pants wearing female. She's on the other side of the bushes from me and my cages are out of my direct line of sight. Again I go through the whole rigamorole of who and what and why but this one ain't buying none of it so I direct her to go to the DNR website and contact the special permits unit if she has any other questions as she storms off. So I go back to lassoing and dispatching my fox.
So fox in hand I proceed directly to the cage to load cage and kit but it's gone. I'm hot and spoiling for a fight but she's nowhere to be seen. I call 911 and get an officer dispatched.

Now let me digress for a moment. We are required to dispatch all rabies vector species relocation is not allowed. My only other option is fox pens and all of those are way south of me and I don't collect enough fox or coyote at any one time to make that drive worth the trouble to do live market. Besides I really really don't want to have to explain just what a running pen is to these kind of people so it is never mentioned as an option. And there is the whole dispatch on site vs off site thing. Well I've had more issues arising from live animal in cage while riding around the metro than I have from a dead something. Well there was that Jesus opossum that came back to life but that's a whole nother story, lol. Basically I've made a business decision that if I can keep the deed out of sight behind bushes or fences it much quicker to not draw attention and just get it done. But I guess it failed me this time.

So officer arrives confirms my credentials, walks the line with me as I show him exactly how it went down. The neighbor shows up with video footage and the their is seen confronting me, trespassing to do so, taking the trap and crossing the street to stash the trap on the side of the house she entered, presumably hers.

So I get my trap back but she won't come to the door. This is where I started this post as I'm now just a bystander as the drama unfolds around me. Enter cat walker wife. She comes down the sidewalk towards me crying and squalling like you stole an ice cream cone from a two year old. Seriously I thought she was about to hit the ground throwing a hissy fit. So I ask her to take a breath and calm down if she wishes to have a reasonable discussion. But its fruitless the officer has to intervene and tell her that if she continued she would be placed under arrest for disorderly, interfering with a person in their duties, and obstructing. He had to tell her four times by my count before cat walker drug her off.

By now we are drawing a small crowd. And some bystanders have heard that some madman is running around killing foxes but most seem oddly surprised when I not only introduce myself and own up to it but go into the why of it. Whether they fully grasped that Atlanta does have rabies and removing foxes is needed I don't know but none chucked a rock at me.

So the officer tells me he'll wait her out but I can go. So I apologize to the client for the drama and the client asks me to reconsider prosecution as he doesn't want bad blood between neighbors. I don't want it either but I want the book thrown at her. I do leave there though with an agreement. If she will talk to me like a reasonable person and she can come to understand just why what she did was wrong them maybe I might reconsider.

Maybe a mile down the road the officer calls and says she's willing to talk. So turn around knowing this won't be good.

Standing in her driveway I'm given ample opportunity to state my case and I do so using the best biology and zoonotic and rules and regulatory I can muster. The entire time the officer is having to shush her to allow me to talk or telling cat walker wife that's she's about to go to jail and a new one the HOA president is getting that same invitation from the officer.

Then my turn to hear her out all I hear is I feel, I think, I,I,I,I.

I look at the officer and say go ahead just tell me when and and where I need to be to testify.

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 08:24 PM

Oh, and I didn't pull traps. I don't want to leave the client with a problem though I believe I have them all. Plus I might trap more than just a fox.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 08:30 PM

laugh
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 09:37 PM

Hope they throw the book at her but would be surprised if she gets so much as probation.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 09:37 PM

Sadly, she probably won't get anymore than a fine even with you pressing charges. What a day though! I sure don't envy you trapping in urban locations.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 09:57 PM

Hope she took the fox in her and a pint of mange mites jumped in the carpet.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 10:01 PM

Good job. Hopefully she gets more than just a stern talking to.
Urbanites (often)are really ignorant about rabies and rabies vectors in general. Who knows, maybe you opened some eyes amongst the silent background observers.
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 10:08 PM

Wonder if it’s possible to get a trapping organization to be there an help support you. Kinda like when someone gets a DUI....MADD is there. I would donate to a trapping organization if they had something like that
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by slydogx
Good job. Hopefully she gets more than just a stern talking to.
Urbanites (often)are really ignorant about rabies and rabies vectors in general. Who knows, maybe you opened some eyes amongst the silent background observers.

Warrior , send the head in for testing.
For 1) to cover your butt.
For 2) for an interesting angle in the courtroom , judge will make ruling over the seriousness of a rabies vector species and why the public should not interfere.
For 3) if it comes back positive , it is like a bomb went off , media will run with it Yugely.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 10:42 PM

Awesome.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 10:53 PM

thanks for doing what you did [warrior] trying to explain it to people , keep us posted on out come

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by G Hose
Wonder if it’s possible to get a trapping organization to be there an help support you. Kinda like when someone gets a DUI....MADD is there. I would donate to a trapping organization if they had something like that

Not going to happen. The GTA hates us urban NWCOs even though most of the GTA has their permits. They think we're a bunch of johny come latelys that are going to do something stupid on camera and get trapping shut down.

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 10:57 PM

And you can't get three NWCOs in the same room without the knives coming out.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 11:08 PM

Awwww you just need to get some lawyers involved...
Posted By: MJM

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 11:35 PM

Are you a member of the GA Trapping Org? I know in some States if it was up to NWCO's no one could trap nuisance jobs with out going through the course they sell seats in.
I am not sure the State org is the problem. Too many NWCO's feel if no one else could trap, they would have it made.

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 11:49 PM

I don't feel that way at all, never have. I'll fight to death for the fur trapper even though I've never fur trapped. I know and understand just where NWCO came from and owe a huge debt of gratitude to the fur guys who laid the foundation and built what provides my living.

But I've never been made to feel welcome in the GTA. Old timers told me flat out they would fight me tooth and toenail if I even mentioned the word snare to the DNR. So I said collarum instead and the GTA called out myself and a colleague on the front page of their newsletter with the words "the man singlehandedly trying to end trapping as we know it in the state of Georgia".

Most these young buck NWCOs, PCOs actually have never even heard of the GTA much less care about what they do.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 11:51 PM

.... get all those suburban sissies locked up Warrior lol

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/09/22 11:52 PM

BTW, I've done exactly that spending two years standing beside Kirk Dekalb trying futility to save turtle trapping in this state even though I hammered out a NWCO exemption on day one. The GTA never bothered to show their faces. When confronted on it they said as long as they leave the footholds alone we'll give them whatever they want.
Posted By: MNTrapper21

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 12:13 AM

wow, you can't underestimate the stupidity of anti's
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 01:01 AM

Warrior, more patience than me. Carry on good sir...
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Miley
Well done Warrior! This thread made my day!

Mine Too
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 02:40 AM

Great ending
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 11:12 AM

Nice

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 01:55 PM

Another pup this morning. Seven total in three days. Didn't see a soul on the street. I reset and will check tomorrow.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 02:53 PM

Warrior does Georgia have a no harassment law ? You may be able to press further charges and even protect your homeowner from fallout from the HOA .
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 03:04 PM

Good deal. Georgia wardens must do there jobs.

Jerry had a lady steal his fox trap in Wyoming and the warden wanted to charge her with stealing it but the wardens supetvisor wouldn't let him write her a ticket.

The wardens boss said Jerry should set somewhere lse. He was 100% legal and she had to go out of her way to get the trap. It was not on a pathway or close to normal human traffic.

The warden was upset but told Jerry he had to do what his boss said even though he thought it was BS.because his boss was tying his hands when it came to enforcing the law.

Jerry was livid he wanted to know..and asked the warden..Why have the laws if you've got an anti in charge who won't enforce them when it comes to trapping?

The warden said he completely understood Jerry being upset but there was nothing he could do without losing hi is job.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 03:18 PM

And THAT'S why I'm not an urban trapper! I'll stick to fur.

Good job Warrior.
Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 05:24 PM

Excellent restraint W. That coulda went wrong fast. Did I read that write that she took a trap with fox inside into her possession? Seems like that would be a violation from the game n fish perspective?
Posted By: white17

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
JohnnyY sounds like a boot licker and someone wanting to create a problem I'm a thread where ther was no call for it. He just got to be the first person I put on ignore.

If there is no call for it then why did you see fit to call names ? Look in the mirror !
Posted By: GRP

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/10/22 10:21 PM

That's a good deal
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/11/22 07:44 PM

I've got buddies of mine from the Marine Corps who are police officers all over Atlanta, several in that area. They'd love to give those types a ride.

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/11/22 08:09 PM

Just got it confirmed, she has a court date.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/11/22 08:21 PM

Just got it confirmed, she has a court date.

What all did she get charged with?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/11/22 08:25 PM

So not to be this guy but please tell me you just using cages now, seems with those types in you and their talking video a clip of a fox in a foot hold could really....not be good

Re: Waiting on a warrant - 05/11/22 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
So not to be this guy but please tell me you just using cages now, seems with those types in you and their talking video a clip of a fox in a foot hold could really....not be good

Wolfe, I have no reason not to use any legal method. However, I do have sense enough to try to keep somethings out of sight. If they wish to make an issue out of my methods they have to break the law to do so.

However, if you can show me a cage method for canines that is effective and efficient as footholds then I'm all ears.

Actually, there are a couple alternatives in this setting that the GTA has opposed for years.

The collarum device.
Cable restraints.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums