Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 03:50 PM

Hope to soon
Posted By: TRAPPER TOM

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 04:49 PM

YOU EATING THEM
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 04:55 PM

Dang that looks like a load of fun! I've only ever bowfished common carp, I can't imagine one of those things on the end of a line! What do you do with them? I've read they can be good eating, but very tough to clean?
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Smith
No but I know a guy slayin the gar

grin

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by DakotaBoy
Dang that looks like a load of fun! I've only ever bowfished common carp, I can't imagine one of those things on the end of a line! What do you do with them? I've read they can be good eating, but very tough to clean?

They say they can be eaten, the eggs and meat around them are poisonous the internet says
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 05:30 PM

We have Long-nose Gar here, but they seldom grow as big as the ones I have seen in the mid-south and in Missouri. I eat them. They are tasty, but as mentioned above, they are a tough skinned clan. I recommend tin snips. I never have saved anything but the "backstrap" part of them.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
We have Long-nose Gar here, but they seldom grow as big as the ones I have seen in the mid-south and in Missouri. I eat them. They are tasty, but as mentioned above, they are a tough skinned clan. I recommend tin snips. I never have saved anything but the "backstrap" part of them.

X2
Posted By: Bob

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 10:09 PM

I haven’t picked up my fishing bow in years. I really need to knock the dust off it and kill some carp
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/10/22 11:40 PM

My son runs a bow fishing guide service here and they haul in a boatload on a regular basis. The Cumberland River is full of big Carp.
Nice gar, Matt28.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/11/22 12:40 AM

I have just shot gar in the spring for the last 3 years, I need to go find some carp. That's thing looks huge deerhunter51
Posted By: jk

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/11/22 12:43 AM

DH51 what did that thing weight?????
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/11/22 01:53 AM

My son does. Him and a buddy were out last weekend and shot 146 carp one night. They are starting to come into the shallows now. Hope I can make it out a couple times this year. Those are some nice gar, we don't have many of those in this area.
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Anyone doing any bowfishing? - 05/11/22 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by jk
DH51 what did that thing weight?????

I’m not sure but they shoot them that size fairly often.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums