Home

Verizon

Posted By: Oh Snap

Verizon - 05/16/22 05:17 PM

Warning to Verizon business cell phone users.
In April we didn’t receive a bill in the mail for the March bill. I get a text the end of April that I owe twice the amount that the bill should be and they say in the text that if not paid they will disconnect my service. I immediately paid the bill and asked for an accounting. For weeks I requested a paper copy and told in 24 to 48 hours I would have one well 2 weeks passed and finally a bill but not for march. April bill.
Called business number and find out the bill had a charge for Yahoo to the tune of $389.00 and I bumped something on my screen to get the charge. I put a block that this doesn’t happen again!
I think it’s a scan. Verizon doesn’t send a bill and demands a phony payment amount.
I searched and Verizon owns 10% of Yahoo so it sure appears it’s a scam!
I know I could have checked on line but the link Verizon provided was the wrong link to my on line account. I took a screen shot of the provided link and it’s all going into a complaint.
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 05:37 PM

My wife and I switched to Cricket at the end of last year, mainly because Verizon cost us way more for two lines and a data plan. We now have the same two lines, were able to keep our phone numbers, and have an unlimited data plan for almost $50 LESS than what we were paying Verizon per month. So far, I've had no issues with them! Maybe look into switching providers?

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 06:14 PM

We have 3 available here. Verizon, GCI and ATT
I had 9 ATT phones for self and employees. I was doing chemo and in winter and towers all around but no service except outside. ATT said I needed repeater on my house to get service inside! By by

GCI service is spotty.

We have a GPR unit that needs reliability data service and Verizon data is the best here hands down.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 06:20 PM

Verizon is the worst! My wife and I went to consumer Cellular and no more dropped calls or other bs.

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 06:31 PM

We have 3rd world internet and cell service here with charges to break the bank!
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 06:33 PM

I haven't had any issues with my Tracfone. I'm sure its not the greatest, but I like the prices for everything.
Posted By: white17

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
We have 3rd world internet and cell service here with charges to break the bank!

Larry, you are being very charitable towards GCI. I can't understand how they stay in business.

I don't have a phone of any kind and GCI is the only thing that will work where I am. No other service is available.........BUT....I have a friend here who has an AT&T phone and he has no problem making any calls as long as he can access WIFI.

Might be something to consider as long as you are within range of a router
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
I haven't had any issues with my Tracfone. I'm sure its not the greatest, but I like the prices for everything.

X2

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 07:16 PM

If I ran my business like ACS, GCI, ATT I wouldn’t have a business. Just got through re doing all our internet and cell service since GCI stopped their cable service switching to internet. Took 4 months and lots of frustration.

Ken, I’ll check on your suggestion but Wi-Fi everywhere here. Verizon has the best coverage here. I can get coverage to Chena Hot Springs, Delta, Healy, some breaks though, not enough cells!

I guess that’s what I get for coming here 52 years ago to the LAST FRONTIER! ….LOL
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 08:27 PM

No cell service other than for business is doing you a favor.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 08:45 PM

Complain on Facebook (OK mental midgets relax) you will find a LOT more cooperative attitudes by going there and a better outcome.
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 09:33 PM

I’ve got the Verizon business plan an they did say they would quit paper billing. I always get a text when my bill is due an I think to make a payment dial PMT# an my card is on file all I do is confirm the amount an payment date
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Verizon - 05/16/22 11:16 PM

I had Verizon years ago. They claimed they had the best network. I had a lot of dead spots. They claimed/lied that new towers were going up any day to cover the dead spots. They were also the most expensive. After years of new towers not going up , I left.

I have this since then -
[Linked Image]
No dead spots. It uses the Sprint/T-mobile /Straight talk tower system. Much cheaper. Very competitive. When I first started using it , I got 2 gigs of data. Then a year or two later I got a text telling my plan went to 5 gigs , then after a while a text upping my plan to 10 gigs , then 20 gigs , currently at 40 gigs. It just automatically was upgraded. Wal-Mart just stays one step ahead of the competition so they don't lose you as a customer. Unlimited after 40 gigs but throttled.
Does Verizon have those towers in my area like they promised ? Maybe. But they lost me as a customer.

Now , if Verizon or whoever is the only good service in your area , you kinda have to go with them. A good example is my local hospital were when you use one of their elevators your signal drops because you are inside a metal box (faraday cage) , but they have a AT&T transmitter inside all the elevator shafts with full signal. All the doctors and staff there use AT&T phone plans.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums