Home

guys I would like to spend time with,older than me

Posted By: west river rogue

guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 12:26 PM

Ill tell ya,just the few short messages we have shared and from his few post...Cedar Hacker gets my vote. Alot of years of knowledge in that seasoned smile cowboy. Next it would be yes sir although I think he may be younger than me. Take advantage of the years of knowledge on this forum.
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 01:02 PM

Spend some time with someone older than you??? It's going to be hard to find someone that old!!!! grin grin grin grin LOL

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Computer Hater
Spend some time with someone older than you??? It's going to be hard to find someone that old!!!! grin grin grin grin LOL

LOL!!! grin
Posted By: cathryn

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 01:51 PM

Sam Elliott grin

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by cathryn
Sam Elliott grin

lol,,not meeeeee
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Computer Hater

Methuselah, maybe ? grin

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
Originally Posted by cathryn
Sam Elliott grin

lol,,not meeeeee

... maybe at his funeral. But, probably not even then (unless I had a cramp)
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 02:51 PM

Well I'm honored but my wife once thought the same thing....im guessing by her actions there's an inside chance u would b some disappointed. But if u ever feel the need to come this way look me up I like being a host.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 03:03 PM

I'd say The Beav unless you already know everything you do is wrong
Posted By: cathryn

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 03:09 PM

Lol

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Well I'm honored but my wife once thought the same thing....im guessing by her actions there's an inside chance u would b some disappointed. But if u ever feel the need to come this way look me up I like being a host.

Thanks! grin you are safe!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/19/22 03:48 PM

Interesting thread. I've had the honor and pleasure of meeting some great guys that are on Tman. Lee Steinmeyer, Mick (ks skunkman), the coyote slayer that likes to go under the radar, James (Smokyhill) and Bob Jameson to name a few. Couple that I'd look forward to crossing paths with someday would be Boone Liane, obaro, Savell and Lefty. Lot of great and interesting people on Tman. If Boco could convince me his social and political views were mostly just to stir the pot and he wouldn't make me break trail it might be cool to spent time with him. Lol
Bought forgot Pawnee. Hope to cross paths with him sometime too
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 02:27 AM

I'd bet Cedar Hacker, Cotton, or Swamp Wolf would all be great to hang out with for a day. Boss man too!I had work hard to think of guys older than me.

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 02:29 AM

Good calls Yessir. Lee, Brad, and Bob Jameson would make my short list too.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 02:41 AM

White17, Trapper les, and run. Not 100% sure if they’re older than me though. Lol
Posted By: Boco

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 02:46 AM

I dont think they are older than me but it would be great to go trapping or hunting with Muskrat 411(Ian) or Ryan Mcleod.
In the US I would pick coonman to hang out with.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 03:00 AM

2 weeks trapping with Boco pursuing marten, fisher, lynx and cross fox would be a dream adventure. Watching him process and tan fur would be icing on the cake!

Chris
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 03:06 AM

Bob1454, the long spring man.
Posted By: Mark McCary

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 03:07 AM

Mark Steck and Tom Krause for me. I would love to run a snare line with them two fine Men!!!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 03:38 AM

Thanks Seth for the compliment! Steve, I think White and I are the same age, but he is head and shoulders smarter than I am! lol. Considering that your still a pup yourself, you have lots of people to hang with! Some of my best times was when I was working back in New Hampshire, and I wanted to make it to the NTA rondy in Tennessee, so I called Russ Carmen, and we went to the nats along with Pete and Ron Leggett. We enjoyed that trip tremendously!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 04:05 AM

Meet, or trap with? I've met many if not most of my trapping "heroes" but I think have only ever trapped with 2 tman members (or other trappers for that matter).

Slim Pederson and JC Connor because they have both forgot more about trapping than I'll ever know.

Savell and/or Jtrapper for the comedy alone and also because I've been on the right side of the law for too long, LOL

Mo Fenner, Wayne Derrick, Jim Spencer and I'm sure others I am forgetting.

Swamp wolf gets honorable mention. Not too sure about trapping with a game warden, but he sure stacks up some southern critters.

If we can count those no longer with us: P-skinny, Don Schumaker, and my number 1 choice would have been Charlie Dobbins.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 04:07 AM

Lee, I think White helped to dock the Mayflower, you aren't that old are you?

It's hard to say how old TrapperLes is, I know he's older than me but it seems like he's been semi retired for a couple decades........
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 01:30 PM

Steven, I might have been there to help and just can't remember! lol. I've talked to Ken, and We compared ages, best I remember we are the same age! He would prolly remember. Les is still a pup! Think he is close to sixty, but can't remember that either! We are all getting there much quicker than I thought we would!

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

It's hard to say how old TrapperLes is, I know he's older than me but it seems like he's been semi retired for a couple decades........

Lee is older than the prairie!!! Arent ya, older than me? whistle I know in our conversations you lost topic a few times,,,Oh mad that was me!! And of course Lee was intended as I stated in topic.......because the nickname I gave Lee is "older than me"! grin
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 02:35 PM

Mark June, Jim Spencer, Lee Steinmeyer, Trent Masterson, Paul Dobbins. No particular order.

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 03:35 PM

Jesus smile
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 04:18 PM

Dad gum WRR, you better get back on your meds. HA! I appreciate the kind words.
I am sure we would have a good time and you wouldn't have to worry about me stirring up too much dust.

I am not on social media and don't come on here very often. I don't post on here to argue or debate, rather make a statement.
I believe that actions speak louder than words and honest faith is best proven through perseverance in the face of adversity.

I am also too conservative for most of the people on this site judging from a lot of the posts.
I was just born 50 years too late.

Happy hoof prints.
Posted By: white17

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Steven, I might have been there to help and just can't remember! lol. I've talked to Ken, and We compared ages, best I remember we are the same age! He would prolly remember. Les is still a pup! Think he is close to sixty, but can't remember that either! We are all getting there much quicker than I thought we would!

Lee, I think I am 2-3 years older than you.........but better looking for sure

That is really offensive ! I had nothing to do with the Mayflower but I did put Plymouth Rock in its current location

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cedar Hacker
Dad gum WRR, you better get back on your meds. HA! I appreciate the kind words.
I am sure we would have a good time and you wouldn't have to worry about me stirring up too much dust.

I am not on social media and don't come on here very often. I don't post on here to argue or debate, rather make a statement.
I believe that actions speak louder than words and honest faith is best proven through perseverance in the face of adversity.

I am also too conservative for most of the people on this site judging from a lot of the posts.
I was just born 50 years too late.

Happy hoof prints.

Yes sir....my days of stirring up the dust are long past now. Im a conservative also(super) I also dont come to argue or debate but same as you......to make a point. Happy trails!
Posted By: Mark K

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/20/22 06:58 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/22/22 11:42 PM

Add Hern, Horn, Buzzard, and UpstateNY to my list. Lots of guys on here that would no doubt be fun to hang out with.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/23/22 12:09 AM

That is really offensive ! I had nothing to do with the Mayflower but I did put Plymouth Rock in its current location
[/quote]

Good to know you're not easily offended lol

I have been fortunate to spend days on the line with few guys. Rich Kasper, BobWendt, Red Ohearn, Phil Brown to name a few. And the best one of all my dad. Good friends with quite a few others that are at the top.

There are only 2 left I would really like to spend time with,one in the field, the other picking his brain.

There is a Finnlander from Wisconsin who in my mind is the best in the business on the Frozen marsh getting it done in the separator season.

The other is the one and only White 17 watching the sunset in McGrath Alaska learning about the bond market
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/23/22 11:45 AM

Im older than them,,but pretty sure I would have a good time hanging out with Leftlane and Savell for a bit. smile
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: guys I would like to spend time with,older than me - 05/23/22 11:54 AM

It is hard for me to think of someone older than I am. Not sure if he is older, but I would have loved to go on a trapline with Tom Krause.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums