Home

Help with Elbow Tendonities

Posted By: BryanOney

Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 03:31 PM

I forgot I was 57 years old. 3 weeks ago a split a truck load of ash wood with a splitting maul. My elbow had been sore at times before, but has hurt a lot since splitting the ash. It will get better, almost normal, then some activity like digging a hole will make it very painful again to the point of me not being able to drink a cup of coffee with my right arm. Anyone ever experience this and or have a cure for it. I need some advice. Thanks
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 04:12 PM

I have a very similar problem in my left elbow. Mine is bursitis. If I bump it or over use it the point of the elbow swells up and gets fluid in it. It is painful to even touch. When the pain and swelling gets too bad only a round of steroids will help it. If the swelling persists I have it drained at the doctor. If it is bursitis you will probably have the swelling at the point of your elbow. Good luck, I hope you get some relief.
Posted By: Coyote Clayton

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 04:15 PM

They make a ban that goes over your forearm. You can get them at Walmart. Worked for me after fleshing 20 coon an hour, hour after hour got mine going.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 04:22 PM

Buy a bottle of alfalfa tablets and take 5-6 each morning. Will not cure the tendonitis but should work as well as ibuprofen etc without the side affects. I used to get it in my left arm from sawing firewood every year.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 05:18 PM

Joints wear out when you get older.
Injuries take a lot longer to heal when you get older.
Things that wear out due to age dont heal.

You have to be tough to be old.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 05:21 PM

Here’s the best money you ever spent After right shoulder surgery got tennis elbow in left This thing is wonderful. Let’s you continue to use that arm as well as heal it
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hippie

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 05:31 PM

I had it once and was prescribed a little band that had an air pillow in it. Just strapped that on with the pillow right below the funny bone and sure enough the pain went away.
Posted By: poconobear

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 10:52 PM

I had reverse tennis elbow from repetitive motion while working. Never had a chance to let it heal. Ended up with surgery and 4 months of therapy. Take it easy on it now while ya can. You don’t want to go through the surgery
Posted By: Marty

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 11:05 PM

There is no way around the fact that as you age a good strength/fitness program that focuses on joint health, range of motion and flexibility will improve your quality of life.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/22/22 11:41 PM

I had tendinitis in both elbows from working in low coal. Fought it for five years. It got so bad I didn’t want to scratch my nose, it hurt to raise my arm. I had a total of 17 cortisone shots between the the two arms. Eventually, I needed surgery in both.

The way it was described to me, your tendon moves back and forth, contained in a sheath like structure. With tendinitis, the tendon gets frayed, kinda like a rope that gets frazzled from wear. This causes inflammation and pain. The surgery “ cleans up “ the tendon , removing the frayed outside layer.

My arms were each in a cast for about two weeks, and in the end, both arms healed up completely.
Posted By: bowhunter1

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/23/22 12:11 AM

If you are talking about the fore arm try this .Massage muscle hard across, not up and down for ten minutes, then ice for ten minutes .When you massage it do it hard and dig in with your finger tips .My forearm muscle was so sore I couldn't pick up a glass .Two weeks of this exercise ,I have not had any trouble for 4 years. Found this on Utube.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/23/22 12:21 AM

Google the therabar. Its a round hard flexible rubber deal you do exercises with. You can find the exercises online ti do for either tennis elbow (top) or golfers elbow (bottom). It does work. Im not saying it will take the pain away 100 percent, but it will make it a lot more bearable.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/23/22 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Joints wear out when you get older.
Injuries take a lot longer to heal when you get older.
Things that wear out due to age dont heal.

You have to be tough to be old.

For sure....I wish I was 57 again....
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/23/22 01:27 AM

When I did concrete work, the "old guys" who were in their early to mid thirties, all wore copper bands for their tendonitis. When they started hurting, they would take some heavy copper ground wire, braid it together and smash it flat together with a hammer into a wide band to wear at the elbow. They all swore copper worked. My dad always wore a copper band when his tendonitis flared up too. My dad learned to wear a copper band for tendonitis from my great grandfather, who was a carpenter.

You can now buy cloth, copper infused bands from many stores, including Amazon, for tennis elbow

Keith
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Help with Elbow Tendonities - 05/23/22 02:44 AM

[Linked Image]
I was surprised how much they help .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums