Home

Flash back

Posted By: Scuba1

Flash back - 05/22/22 04:18 PM

Or why I am Scuba1 on here. A short film about my typical day at the office back then

Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Flash back - 05/22/22 05:12 PM

I've never scuba dived. Thanks for the virtual experience

Re: Flash back - 05/22/22 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale

I never liked it , but it was the only way I could wear rubber in public without getting arrested blush
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Flash back - 05/22/22 05:51 PM

Very nice, I loved SCUBA diving until I became an Instructor. Then my passion became a job and it ruined it for me.

Re: Flash back - 05/22/22 05:59 PM

I may have ruined a couple of hundred peoples dive dreams by teaching them to be instructors. I ran an IDC every year around mid December with between 15 and 20 instructors to be. It was a nice change to teaching dive and specialty courses and being a dive guide. Less than half of them stick with it for any amount of time though.
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Flash back - 05/22/22 07:10 PM

I stuck with it 15 years. The first 5 I taught at a military college and it was great. I was teaching physically fit, highly motivated young men and women, which was a piece of cake. Then we has an economic downturn and the college scrapped the program. I began teaching at one of our local dive shops and it was the difference in night and day. With my military background babysitting unmotivated people didn't set well with me. I always said I would never the instructor I had which was a total jerk, and when I could no longer treat people with dignity and respect I would step away. So I did a giant stride and left the business.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Flash back - 05/22/22 10:44 PM

Very cool footage
Posted By: adam m

Re: Flash back - 05/22/22 11:24 PM

Very cool
Posted By: MJM

Re: Flash back - 05/23/22 01:24 AM

Nice video.
Posted By: camlock

Re: Flash back - 05/23/22 11:51 AM

Very Cool, Do you know what that object was at 9:08 in the footage?. Always like to watch Jacque Cousteau when I was a kid. I did some snorkeling many years ago. used a Hawaiian sling for spearing fish. fun times.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Flash back - 05/23/22 04:42 PM

Lovely. Canary Iles. Saw your name in the divers credits.

So many critters I saw . also familiar to me. I like especially the Morays. They have been known to be quite friendly to humans , over some time working with them.

Wonderful presentation, Michael.

Brought back many memories for me and my sojourns off the Fla Keys, Hawaii, and the British West Indies.

Re: Flash back - 05/23/22 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by camlock
Very Cool, Do you know what that object was at 9:08 in the footage?. Always like to watch Jacque Cousteau when I was a kid. I did some snorkeling many years ago. used a Hawaiian sling for spearing fish. fun times.

That is one of those tow buy's for a side scan sonar array used on mine sweepers and such. It has been there for many years and is totally overgrown with marine life.
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Flash back - 05/26/22 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Originally Posted by Turtledale

I never liked it , but it was the only way I could wear rubber in public without getting arrested blush

grin
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Flash back - 05/27/22 12:59 AM

Nice video, Scuba! I used to dive. All freshwater shipwrecks. I'm fascinated with them.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Flash back - 05/27/22 03:41 AM

Great video Scuba, brought back a lot of memories. Lot of it had current, reminded me of drift diving in West Palm, drifting along upside down with feet toward the surface peaking under ledges looking for lobsters and fish and seeing lots of morays, different color than yours. Thanks for sharing.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums