Home

Should have let him eat.

Posted By: MJM

Should have let him eat. - 05/22/22 07:33 PM

MEDFORD, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin couple killed a bear that they say attacked them inside their home after they spotted it eating from their bird feeder.

The Taylor County Sheriff’s office said the attack happened around 11 p.m. Friday at a home near Medford in north-central Wisconsin.

The couple told authorities that the bear charged through a window after they yelled at it to go away. Both the husband and wife were injured before they were able to stab the bear with a kitchen knife.

The man was able to grab a firearm and kill the animal. The couple’s children were asleep in their bedrooms at the time and were not injured.
Posted By: Twisted metal

Re: Should have let him eat. - 05/22/22 07:39 PM

My dad called and told me this today he only lives a mile away from where it happened. Has pictures of the dead bear in the house.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Should have let him eat. - 05/22/22 07:42 PM

Don't poke the bear...
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Should have let him eat. - 05/22/22 07:53 PM

Bears that aren't afraid of people should all be shot dead. There will still be plenty of bears. They will just genetically adapt and learn to avoid people.

Keith
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Should have let him eat. - 05/22/22 09:27 PM

A brown bear killed (well he died later of his wounds) an Army staff sergeant while doing some field training in Alaska. Some authorities (don't know if it was the state wildlife people or DoD) determined it was a sow just "protecting her young" so no effort was made in tracking down and taking out the bear. It got to "walk". I suspect a lot more Army people will be "packing" something extra when they go out in the field (even though they're not supposed to) next time. You're on your own kid...
Posted By: MJM

Re: Should have let him eat. - 05/22/22 09:45 PM

NonPCfed, to pack something was not an option when I was in, even in AK while on duty. Field training would be considered on duty.
Posted By: Pierce

Re: Should have let him eat. - 05/22/22 09:56 PM

I live an hour and a half north of there, but I hadn't heard about this yet.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums