Home

Varmiter Rifle rest

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Varmiter Rifle rest - 05/22/22 07:34 PM

Any ideas on how to make one of these work better? I've never really used one. Few times I did dint really like em too much.Either a bipod and rear bag or front and rear bag is how I shoot. Always heard alot of mixed things out these kinda rests. Any idea on how you could improve one of these ?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rags57078

Re: Varmiter Rifle rest - 05/22/22 07:47 PM

I would use as is since it does adjust
Posted By: Jags

Re: Varmiter Rifle rest - 05/22/22 09:15 PM

Stay with the bags. I use one of those to put rifles in to clean them.
Posted By: dogdown

Re: Varmiter Rifle rest - 05/22/22 09:48 PM

Replace the front v rest with a t type rest. Buy round stock and weld a t. Cover horizontal stock with some foam.
Posted By: garymc

Re: Varmiter Rifle rest - 05/22/22 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jags
Stay with the bags. I use one of those to put rifles in to clean them.

Same here. I have had one of them for a long time, but never could get it as solid as a bipod and rear bag or bags front and back. Same goes for the lead sled just never felt as good or solid.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Varmiter Rifle rest - 05/23/22 02:18 AM

use a sling your a lot more likely to have that with when you need to take a shot

bags work fine , those rests I think they are a solution looking for a problem sold to people who don't put in the time learning to shoot from a bag
Posted By: Mark McCary

Re: Varmiter Rifle rest - 05/23/22 05:12 AM

I would use it to Hold Marshmallow and Hot Dog sticks lol, and shoot with Bags!!!
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Varmiter Rifle rest - 05/23/22 11:30 AM

Its been years since I seen one of those. I agree take V off and put a T on. I sold mine years ago as the rifle doesn't slide very good with the rubber coated cradle
© 2024 Trapperman Forums