Home

Gender neutral parenting?

Posted By: beaverpeeler

Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 02:58 PM

I was selling our home-made fruitcicles out of an ice cream cart at the local farmers market on Saturday an overheard the following conversation:

A family with kids was contemplating buying some of our frozen treats and as the father was watching another kid yum one down said: "Well, she seems to think they're pretty good". The 'she' was an approximate eight year old boy with a ponytail that went all the way down his back. The little boy responded: "Not she, he.....actually, I prefer 'it' ".

I speculate that this advanced regarding of gender is not something that an eight year old would normally come up with on their own. This must come from a parenting style that seems to be becoming more commonplace: That kids should be free to choose any gender identity they choose and that it has nothing to do with anatomy or biology.

A very different world than the one I grew up in.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 03:05 PM

You're absolutely right, it is "a very different world".

However, this nonsense that is going on in many arenas is not sustainable.
This ship will eventually right itself, but when that happens it probably won't be pretty.
Posted By: corky

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 03:08 PM

Oregon is a different world from reality.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 03:10 PM

"Not she, he.....actually, I prefer 'it'

Sounds like something one of my little wisecracker boys would say. Maybe it was only a joke. But, my boys don't wear a pony tail either.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 03:10 PM

It will be interesting from a social and psychology stand point to see what the effects of kids growing up believing that they have the right to decide what their truth is. And their will be effects.
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 03:23 PM

Things were so much easier when I was growing up. Ya eithet had a weiner or ya didn't .if you did you were a boy if you didn't you were a Goddess.. especially when puberty hits.lol

Dang I miss those days.

Long hair has always been interchangeable here and hasn't been a telling factor in a person's sexual identity.

We got long haired country boys everywhere.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 03:34 PM

I'm glad I don't live in a liberal state like that. I'd my kid's came home with crap like that well it sure wouldn't fly.

Penis=male no penis=female. The rest is mentally ill nonsense.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 03:57 PM

I live in rural Ohio and yesterday, sold button quail chicks and eggs to what appeared to be a woman taking hormones to look like a man. She had very sparse, long wispy, facial hair, was dressed like a man, had no Adams's apple and that standard lesbian build, like a slimmer rosy o'donnel. The woman that drove her, stayed in their car and looked like a taller version of the same, except I could not see any facial hair. Both had many facial piercings and tattoos. The woman was nice, just very strange looking.

For some reason, I get more LGBQ&T customers buying button quail, than anything else I sell. I sell to a few a month.

Keith
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 04:08 PM

This crap is coming from the schools!!
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 04:09 PM

Homosexuality used to be deemed a mental illness, and you know what that was a correct assessment, IMO.

This transgender stuff is also a mental illness IMO, propogated by social engineers as a means to an end toward their agenda.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 04:18 PM

Isn't this an oxymoron? I wished I could fly when I was a kid but my parents didn't take me to a high rise building to try. They parented instead of attempting to fulfill a fantasy.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 04:26 PM

I am so thankful I got my kids out of California over 50 years ago and my grandkids out of public school here in Fairbanks before this sick agenda started here!

This sickness brought to us by the Democratic Party!

More families are home schooling here to save their youths from this crap!
Posted By: cotton

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Homosexuality used to be deemed a mental illness, and you know what that was a correct assessment, IMO.

This transgender stuff is also a mental illness IMO, propogated by social engineers as a means to an end toward their agenda.

x one million
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 04:36 PM

A true assessment
Posted By: warrior

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 04:42 PM

I'd have had something to say and feelings would have been hurt.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I was selling our home-made fruitcicles out of an ice cream cart at the local farmers market on Saturday an overheard the following conversation:

A family with kids was contemplating buying some of our frozen treats and as the father was watching another kid yum one down said: "Well, she seems to think they're pretty good". The 'she' was an approximate eight year old boy with a ponytail that went all the way down his back. The little boy responded: "Not she, he.....actually, I prefer 'it' ".

I speculate that this advanced regarding of gender is not something that an eight year old would normally come up with on their own. This must come from a parenting style that seems to be becoming more commonplace: That kids should be free to choose any gender identity they choose and that it has nothing to do with anatomy or biology.

Sounds to me like you were selling TO home-made fruitcicles.
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 06:08 PM

Certain groups like to go on and on about mental illness but refuse to actually do anything to address it. A mentally ill person kills people and they give the person a pass and blame the gun. Here they blame society for not bending to the every whim of a mentally ill person. Yes I believe it is a form of mental illness. That does not mean that people should be treated for it or demonized for it, just that I should not have to cater to their every little desire.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 06:11 PM

Well, it’s finally happening. We really are going to in a hand basket.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I'm glad I don't live in a liberal state like that. I'd my kid's came home with crap like that well it sure wouldn't fly.

Don't kid yourself. It's happening in Indiana too.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by corky
Oregon is a different world from reality.

only the parts that are in the city -- kinda like new york -- and yes lets talk about madison wi.

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 06:36 PM

I don't know if choosing your own personal pronoun (he, she, etc) is the same as homosexuality or transgender but I guess I still don't quite get it. You can call yourself a dog and yap at cars....but it still don't make you a dog.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

x2!
I talked to a tranny at my VFW Post' Bingo one night, and he/she/it said the worst part of the surgery's to go from male to female, aside from lopping off the manhood, was the lobotomy to make them think like a woman!
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 06:46 PM

I am a member of the 80+ trapping community. When I was young homosexuals that recruited kids into that lifestyle were called perverts and other things! Now with a married couple of gay guys working in Biden cabinet it has become okay for a gay man to actively promote homosexuality to kids. In time past he would be in jail where he belongs for his recruitment activity!

Transgender and homosexuality is all evil and those effected will in time grow to resent the ones that recruited them!
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Don't kid yourself. It's happening in Indiana too.

Sure but not in my house and they won't bring it home from school either. Helps that we homeschool. Darn sure would not tolerate any type of this bs talk out of my kids. See the getting spanked meme I'm the may thread.

My kids will not be exposed to it or anyone pushing such nonsense. If anyone tries well I will probably end up in jail and they will be in the hospital or dead. I won't tolerate someone trying to groom my kids or mess with their head.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 07:40 PM

The situation being discussed is bad beyond words and the folks responsible need to be held to account. Today it is news that state farm is also pushing this fallacy....
Posted By: hippie

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 07:53 PM

" A very different world than the one I grew up in"

It's where you live and how you vote. It might get that way here, but there will be more pushback than where you live. Guaranteed!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob

x2!
I talked to a tranny at my VFW Post' Bingo one night, and he/she/it said the worst part of the surgery's to go from male to female, aside from lopping off the manhood, was the lobotomy to make them think like a woman!

Yeh, the next thing is they will want abortion rights.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/23/22 09:07 PM

Our Stance
The Maine Department of Education supports all LGBTQ+ identifying, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender expansive and questioning students, families, and school staff.

https://www.maine.gov/doe/lgbtq

Maine removes kindergarten video that teaches tots they can change their gender

Maine’s Department of Education has pulled from its website a video aimed at turning kindergarteners on to transgender identity and same-sex relationships, but only after the video was featured in a Republican TV spot aimed at unseating Democratic Gov. Janet Mills.

https://christianaction.org/top-sto...aches-tots-they-can-change-their-gender/
Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 04:13 AM

There's a huge number of mentally ill parents out there bottom line.
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 04:36 AM

You know I miss my dad and granddad every day. The most influential people in my life. My granddad was a gunner on the USS Reid. The destroyer ship was famous for being one of the fastest ships to sink. Hit by a commocasie plane and sunk in less than 5 minutes. Most of the sailors on the ship were pulled down from the vortex on the ship when it sank.
Dad went from private to E-5 during vietnam in less than a year.
As bad as I miss them I'm glad that they are not here to witness what's going on in our country now. They could not handle it.
Some gave all. I'm embarrassed because we give nothing including me.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by hippie

" A very different world than the one I grew up in"

It's where you live and how you vote. It might get that way here, but there will be more pushback than where you live. Guaranteed!

X2

The freaks you vote for , peeler, are the ones pushing that bs
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 04:50 AM

Peeler, just where in Or. Are you. My nephew grew up in Portland area. Bought a house in Tigard as a young adult. His mom passed 2 years ago and his dad less than a year later.
Him and his wife and 2 young children sold the house and got the heck out of there and now live in Montana!

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 04:59 AM

Hey Antigov! How do you know what freaks I vote for???

Marten, I live in the Junction City area.

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 05:01 AM

That sounds alot better than saying Eugene. grin grin
Posted By: Boco

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 05:11 AM

You sell fruitcakes to fruitcakes?
Great marketing angle there BP.

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

You sell fruitcakes to fruitcakes?
Great marketing angle there BP.

And the market is plentiful in our area.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 06:38 AM

There are a few exceptions. In general you can tell a lot about a person from their zip code. Birds of a feather flock together.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 07:23 AM

You know we never had a baby formula shortage until men started getting pregnant.

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by H2ORat

That sounds alot better than saying Eugene. grin grin

Don't you know it!
laugh
Posted By: Coyote Clayton

Re: Gender neutral parenting? - 05/24/22 04:43 PM

I don't know if choosing your own personal pronoun (he, she, etc) is the same as homosexuality or transgender but I guess I still don't quite get it. You can call yourself a dog and yap at cars....but it still don't make you a dog.

Gender identity and sexual preference are taught as two separate concepts.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums