Home

Green house

Posted By: MJM

Green house - 05/23/22 11:20 PM

I got the metal frame for the green house I am building up today. It has been 30-32 degrees the last four mornings and I want to extend my growing season. it is only 18' sides x 20' end walls. But that is bigger than the garden was before. I haul water for the garden so I hate to go too big. I am planting squash on the north side where it is worked up.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Green house - 05/23/22 11:34 PM

That Looks Awesome!!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Green house - 05/23/22 11:38 PM

I'm Jealous...of the Greenhouse- and your Cat
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Green house - 05/23/22 11:39 PM

Looks great. I got the Fram up for my high tunnel but never put the plastic on. It's been in for over a year. It's 30"×75" you would think I would get on it.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Green house - 05/24/22 02:39 AM

I use greenhouse frames for my sheep barns - no plastic - it gets too warm in the summer and doesn't hold up to wind,rain, and snow well in the winter. I sheet with tin - and vent top and sides. I have a 30x60 and a 30x30 ---- looking to extend it to 60ft this year.

Re: Green house - 05/24/22 03:02 AM

I will remove the plastic in the heat of the summer, and put it back on in early fall and remove during the winter. I my not even put it on until fall this year.
330 Trapper I hope you are talking about my skid, not my gopher killing weaner dog. smile
Posted By: Marty

Re: Green house - 05/24/22 03:19 AM

Be awesome if you could put a wood stove in there and grow all year long...

Re: Green house - 05/24/22 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Be awesome if you could put a wood stove in there and grow all year long...

A wood stove would not be my choice and you would need double layer of plastic with air between them. 35 below with a stiff wind takes full time heat. The water lines are 7-8 foot down here. You would have to insulate the ground too. I am trying to extend my growing season. If I would have had plants in the garden, the last four nights would have done them in. The average last frost is 17 May and there is a good chance of frost in Sept always.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums