Home

We made it back to Michigan

Posted By: Anonymous

We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 10:34 AM

After 18 years, Donna and I have settled into a home again in Michigan. 106 degrees a couple days ago in Cotulla, Texas and 37 degrees this am in Houghton Lake, Michigan.
This Texigander is REALLY enjoying wearing flannel again and the smell of fresh lake water has me drunk from sniffing.

It's great to be back.
And that's it. With a shop and a home to put all back in place over the coming months I told the Mrs. this is this hombre's last move.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Supergoose

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 10:40 AM

Welcome back home Mark

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 10:44 AM

You can check out any time you want...
but you can never leave.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 10:47 AM

I don't know how you do it Mark. It would be very difficult for me to pull up stakes and move around the country with my business as you have over the years. I know how much is involved in doing that with all that we have to move and reestablish each time. But you had your reasons and made it work for the both of you. The best to you, my friend.

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:01 AM

Bob, how are you my lure making compadre? You headed to the NTA? If so, let's catch up.
How do we do it? Well, I will admit that there was a moment yesterday, when I stood outside the soon to be lure and bait shop that is not put together yet, but which a semi crew delivered all the stuff (with Donna being here) about a month ago....

that I wanted to cry.

That's it. Never again. Ever. We came back to Michigan for various reasons, and one HUGE one is that our son Eric is able to help us and ship orders and such when we're not here.

Good to hear from you Bob. Let's catch up.

Blessings,
Mark

Posted By: west river rogue

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:04 AM

Welcome back Mark!
Posted By: 3togo

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:07 AM

And no worries about the cartel being chased by border patrol on the northern border......yet!!!!
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:08 AM

Were kinda neighbors! Just a couple good stone throws and a hill or two...
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:10 AM

Glad to have you back home Mark!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:16 AM

Welcome back, enjoy!
Posted By: run

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:18 AM

Good to hear that you are getting closer to Boco.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:23 AM

Well it was good to have you while you were here.

Good luck in the new place and with whatever the Lord has in store for you.

Will you be doing jobs in Texas still or working closer to home?
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:41 AM

Back inside the artic circle
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:47 AM

Just have to be different don’t ya. Everyone else is moving to Texas and you leave.lol
Good luck Mark and God bless
Posted By: Northof50

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 11:53 AM

Good to hear you made it.
so what were some of the fuel cost as you came across several states ?
From 37C to 37F
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 12:26 PM

Welcome home!
Posted By: Spade

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 12:27 PM

Welcome back Mark, too bad you decided to stay a troll. smile smile Maybe we will run into each other here in the UP.
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 01:36 PM

Welcome home Mark and Donna.

Can't wait to stop in once you are settled and have the shop open.
Posted By: misterb

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 01:44 PM

Welcome back! I used to live in that part of the world, Missaukee Co. a lot of good country around there.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 04:10 PM

Welcome back to the neighborhood.
Posted By: Skanee3

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 04:28 PM

Welcome home Mark. I live in Skanee near Huron bay up the road from Witz marina.
Posted By: Mack

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 05:19 PM

Welcome back Mark. I am partial to the Upper Peninsula but Houghton Lake is a wonderful place also.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 06:10 PM

Great move!
Right in the middle finger of the mitten!
Enjoy the cool weather!
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 10:25 PM

Welcome back to Roscommon Co. Mark. Hope you get settled in quickly. Crimeny, I have boxes I haven't unpacked since moving back from Idaho over 40 years ago, so I don't envy the work ahead of you. I hope we cross paths around town. I'll be the old worn out looking guy in denim bib overalls.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/24/22 10:52 PM

Glad to hear Donna and yourself made it back to Michigan safe and sound. Don't envy the work ahead of you setting up the shop. I'm sure Christine and I will see you around this summer.

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/25/22 01:51 AM

Thanks everyone. We are keeping out Texas residency and our Inc. business will maintain its Texas address (Cleburne, TX) now and forever more. We'll be back and forth from MI in the summers and trapping jobs in TX in the winter months. I plan to begin some ministry work as soon as we are settled in (which will take months). So far, we have met SO MANY wonderful folks who are helping us with freight depots, bulk products we use in manufacturing, and all sorts of things.

Oe thing I noticed right away... so many less people on the roads. Texas from San Antonio north can be hectic and I'm really enjoying this laid back pace around here. A lot.

Blessings to y'all from these Texiganders.
Mark
Posted By: keets

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/25/22 01:54 AM

grin
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: We made it back to Michigan - 05/25/22 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June
Thanks everyone. We are keeping out Texas residency and our Inc. business will maintain its Texas address (Cleburne, TX) now and forever more. We'll be back and forth from MI in the summers and trapping jobs in TX in the winter months. I plan to begin some ministry work as soon as we are settled in (which will take months). So far, we have met SO MANY wonderful folks who are helping us with freight depots, bulk products we use in manufacturing, and all sorts of things.

Oe thing I noticed right away... so many less people on the roads. Texas from San Antonio north can be hectic and I'm really enjoying this laid back pace around here. A lot.

Blessings to y'all from these Texiganders.
Mark

It was a pleasure to help. The Mrs. and yourself got the 25 cent tour of "How its made".....Fenceposts and landscape mulch! On a large scale. Lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums