Home

New Pizza MRE

Posted By: Wolfdog91

New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 09:51 PM

Got my hands on one the other day and gotta say some the MRE scale, solid 7/10 looks like dog food which is expected but actually tastes pretty good lol. Especially once I warmed it up Abit and add the jalapeno cheese grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Actually it's alot better then lil oven Pizzas you get at the store lol
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 09:57 PM

Very few of us have really been hungry. I bet it would be most welcome.

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 09:59 PM

Those little pizzas from the store aren't bad after you get past blistering the roof of your mouth with hot cheese.
Posted By: DRF

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 10:01 PM

Anything could beat the dried pork patties you soaked in water or the chicken ala king

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 10:03 PM

picky picky picky
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 10:06 PM

I like the spaghetti and beef stew MREs.

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Very few of us have really been hungry. I bet it would be most welcome.

There I was Ft.irwin in the box our 1st sgt basically gave all our MRE's away to the 11 series companies,told us if we didn't get any before we pushed out it was our platoon sgts problem. Yeah we where told that after we got I tj the box. Didn't plan work a crap so spent 3 days sharing one MRE between our ten person recovery team smirk on the bright side out water buffalo and hippos where full so we where just hungry crazy did learn to always keep the extras no one at in the track though

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
I like the spaghetti and beef stew MREs.

Let em get nice and hot and add some hot sauce cool
Posted By: warrior

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by DRF
Anything could beat the dried pork patties you soaked in water or the chicken ala king

Pork Patties is a special level of (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).

That or the four fingers of death.
Posted By: Guss

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 10:25 PM

I like digiorno pizza
Posted By: jk

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 10:31 PM

The peanut butter was not that good though...at least in the '60s it wasnt....and I like PB......jk
Posted By: lestan101

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/26/22 11:01 PM

Spaghetti was the best in the LRRP ration and the MRE. After the first meatballs in spicy tomato sauce mre my guys put them off limits for me, they would trade anything to keep them from me. The worst MRE was tuna casserole, nicknamed Paula in a pouch, I don't think anyone liked it. I can't remember really liking any C-ration.
Posted By: coop

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/27/22 04:36 PM

Yep... that'll make a turd. grin
Posted By: RdFx

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 05:37 PM

Wolf whats the salt content on the pizza?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 05:49 PM

I’ll wait for the prime rib with twice baked potato’s to come out! LOL
Posted By: sneaky

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 06:13 PM

Pork and rice in bbq sauce in the old dark brown MRE bags was pretty good. Tuna with noodles looked and smelled like vomit. They've gotten better over the years, but still aren't a first choice by any means
Posted By: 1oldforester

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 06:20 PM

To old for MREs, but really remember the ham and lima beans in the old C Rations.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 06:46 PM

Had a Marine that would trade anything for ham and lima beans C rats in Nam....Ugh.... remember my camel cigs when lit burned like a fast fuse.....
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 06:53 PM

That honestly looks better than the pizza they served in the regimental mess at Lost in The Woods... Oops, it was the chow hall. We weren't supposed to call it the mess hall... Even though the raised letters over the door said "Regimental Mess." crazy

Originally Posted by jk
The peanut butter was not that good though...at least in the '60s it wasnt....and I like PB......jk

Dad said the peanut butter wasn't worth eating... But when mixed with GI mosquito repellent and lit it would boil water for coffee faster than the little heating tablets.

Mike
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 07:11 PM

Was our chasing antelope out west in SD opened a beef stew MRE ended up with a chewy piece. Looked it over it was a piece of a with little lip hair holes and all. sick
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 09:44 PM

My favorite C=Rat was the pork patty, and who didn't love the tinned pound cake!
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/28/22 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Was our chasing antelope out west in SD opened a beef stew MRE ended up with a chewy piece. Looked it over it was a piece of a with little lip hair holes and all. sick
I imagine ,that wasn't like finding a prize in the cracker jack box
Posted By: 160user

Re: New Pizza MRE - 05/29/22 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
Pork and rice in bbq sauce in the old dark brown MRE bags was pretty good. Tuna with noodles looked and smelled like vomit. They've gotten better over the years, but still aren't a first choice by any means

In actually didn't mind either of those. My favorite was the Ham Slice. We got a batch of military surplus ones in the early 90's that had some bag from the sand box. When you opened the cases they were packed in a fine sand and the sand had worn all the writing off the outer package. Talk about a real grab bag. You had no idea what you were getting.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums