Home

Walmart

Posted By: Dennis W

Walmart - 05/27/22 08:44 PM

I was in the local chinamart today and went by the sporting goods department and seen they removed all guns and ammo. Anyone else see this at their local store?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Walmart - 05/27/22 08:51 PM

Trust those idiots to jump on the bandwagon.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Walmart - 05/27/22 09:20 PM

they have for awhile now... someone always jumping on th wagon.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Walmart - 05/27/22 10:14 PM

All of them here still have guns and plenty of ammo
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Walmart - 05/27/22 10:29 PM

Every Walmart I see is stocked.
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Walmart - 05/27/22 10:53 PM

the local wally near me still sell guns and ammo.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Walmart - 05/27/22 10:57 PM

High risk area? Our country Walmart pulled guns once, I think the verdict reading of George Floyd. They were back out a day later.
Posted By: rags57078

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 12:25 AM

Ours still has ammo
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 12:31 AM

The one here wont sell semi rifles bigger than 22 rimfire and wont sell handguns or handgun ammo.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 12:31 AM

I dont think they sell 223 ammo either
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 12:38 AM

Yep pulled all the guns last year . They started pulling the mean guns a few yrs back . I picked up a mini 14 for half price
Posted By: Tooltime

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 12:45 AM

More ammo today than I’ve seen in months
Posted By: run

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 12:50 AM

I don't go to Walmart so I don't know if they sell ammo or not. I support mom and pop gun stores.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 12:58 AM

Haven’t seen a gun there in about 10 years. Used to get ammo there if I needed some while going to the range and buddy needs some or getting some extra for the dove or duck hunting when taking someone new. They haven’t had pistol ammo for a few years now. Shotgun ammo is very rare and the only rifle ammo is stuff nobody uses around here. Maybe a box or two anyway.

They sometimes get dove and duck loads right before the season. But only a case or two of steel. I try to buy direct from my supplier when possible.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 08:23 AM

Lots of guns but haven't had squat for ammo for almost 2 years now. Most ammo I've seen there would be 10 boxes tops.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 12:57 PM

Wonder how that works? Three walmarts near me within 10 to 15 miles, two in the same county. One stopped selling guns but still sells ammo. The other two, including the one in that same county, still sell both? One of those is in a college town with not much else. Wonder who or how that's all decided?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by shanemoss
Wonder how that works? Three walmarts near me within 10 to 15 miles, two in the same county. One stopped selling guns but still sells ammo. The other two, including the one in that same county, still sell both? One of those is in a college town with not much else. Wonder who or how that's all decided?

Bentonville, Arkansas, you can phone the HOffice. Or at least ustACould.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by shanemoss

Most likely the manager that decided that. There is a Walmart 45 miles from me that sell high end rifles. They sell the normal Walmart low end ones also but would all was have at least 3 or 4 high end savages like the high country and the models 12s and 16s. I asked why they would sell a 1200 dollar gun at Walmart? I said people don't come here to buy guns like that. The sporting goods lady told me the manager is a big gun enthusiasts and wants to keep a few good guns for the people who want a good gun.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 02:21 PM

I boycotted Wal-Mart years ago.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
I boycotted Wal-Mart years ago.

I live in BFE but have 3 towns big enough to have a Walmart within 30 minutes of me and if you want food you have Walmart and Kroger stores. Unfortunately there's no Mom and Pop stores around anymore. All the Walmarts around here pulled their guns and ammo a couple years ago when a shooting happened but they brought it back after a while now the shelves are empty again.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 05:25 PM

The two stores here stop gun sales a while back, still sell ammo.

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 06:40 PM

Small town businesses started dying back when the Interstates were built....it diverted traffic off the state and US highways and ruined alot of motels and restaurants in the small towns. Now the big chain stores are finishing off the small businesses. Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, the list goes on. Wholesalers don't want to bother with the little orders. It's a sign of the times.
Posted By: run

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 06:51 PM

We still have mom and pop gun stores here in Virginia. Interstates never really took off here in Virginia. The few interstates that we have are bumper to bumper semi trucks both right and left lanes. Some of the time 2 lane roads are just as fast and more scenic.

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 06:59 PM

Yup, some folks who aren't in a hurry prefer staying off the Interstates and slow down and smell the roses.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Walmart - 05/28/22 07:02 PM

Some still stock firearms and ammo, some don't. When I asked about it the sporting goods clerk said they evaluated which stores sold enough to justify the expense, those that had rotten sales quit selling them.

So based on the fact that some locations still sell and others don't, that info seems to be legit. It might also have to do with whether that particular store's manager is a wormy leftist pantywaist who doesn't like guns.

Disclaimer: I haven't set foot in Beijing Mart for a while so that info may be a bit dated.

Mike
© 2024 Trapperman Forums