Home

Gas $7.83 in LA

Posted By: yukonjeff

Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/27/22 10:50 PM

... I can’t wait to see our $10. A gallon in Alaska this summer.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/27/22 10:59 PM

They all be driving their EVs
Posted By: run

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 12:57 AM

$4.39 for regular 10% ethanol. Nonethanol is $4.91 in Elkton, VA.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 01:42 AM

Liberal wet dream.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Liberal wet dream.

For all the fools in L.A. who voted for this stuff.
[Linked Image]

Not for the people in AK , way different story there.
Posted By: crossfox21

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 05:04 AM

Lett'er rise...the higher the better come due November..IF the elections are fair this time
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 10:48 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 10:56 AM

Consider this reason 3,017 I don't ever need to go back to LA. 1st reason is I didn't leave anything behind last time
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by crossfox21
Lett'er rise...the higher the better come due November..IF the elections are fair this time

There's never been an election with no cheating.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cragar

Most everyone in Jeffs village likely voted for Biden. Rural Alaska is 98.765 per cent funded by government money. Very few build or buy there own home. They are in tribal houses or waiting for such. Various welfare programs support the largest percentage. Even the so called jobs are with the tribe. I could go on but truth is most rural Alaskans vote democrat all the way down the ballot.

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 10:55 PM

Not most. A little over half supposedly voted for the potato.
But all the mail in ballots that were sent to each household included dead and moved out villagers that the DNC probably put those to good use. They cheated at every level they could and a village is a easy place to cheat. Especially the mail in ballots.

But I remind them every chance I get of the folly of being a democrat.
I am still amazed they convinced hunters and commercial fishermen and trappers that they should vote for the people taking their livelihoods away.

It shows the power the media has spinning the propaganda to uneducated minds. Not really their fault.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/28/22 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Consider this reason 3,017 I don't ever need to go back to LA. 1st reason is I didn't leave anything behind last time

And I chose not to exit back in 1980 but......San Diego wasn't any better.

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/29/22 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by martentrapper

Most everyone in Jeffs village likely voted for Biden. Rural Alaska is 98.765 per cent funded by government money. Very few build or buy there own home. They are in tribal houses or waiting for such. Various welfare programs support the largest percentage. Even the so called jobs are with the tribe. I could go on but truth is most rural Alaskans vote democrat all the way down the ballot.

I suppose I should touch on your other subjects as well.

First off Fairbanks main employer is the government. Anchorage as well .If the villages had access to all those high paying government jobs they would work them too.

Second there is more government funded housing in Fairbanks and Anchorage than all the villages and that frees up a lot of rentals for others. Did you build your own house ?

For the record as a villager I own two houses that I bought myself. I recently sold one to another villager that paid for it himself.

Also those nice government funded highways roads and bridges hydroelectric dams you have there keeps materials affordable to build housing and businesses for Anchorage and Fairbanks.

So in conclusion your all on the government teet as much or more than we are.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/29/22 07:13 PM

Jeff, you appear to have taken my comments as criticism which it wasn't meant as. I was responding to Cragar who thought things were different here. I wanted to point out the large backing of democrats in rural Ak. and why it is that way. I think I am correct. From AFN, Native Corp. non profit native corp, (AVCP) in your area, the push is to support democrats as they put more money into native entities. Rural Ak. is suffering more than any other part of the country from Biden (dem, progressive) policies. Will the current govt. respond with more money to offset these costs?

You and I are the exception to people in rural Ak. We don't qualify for the various race based programs and we don't qualify for the income based either. We don't have much choice other than to support ourselves outside of govt. programs. Notice, I didn't say "govt. money".
Did I build my own house? In Nome and in Fairbanks, no, I didn't. I procured a loan and made payments. In Ruby, yes. Bought a piece of property in 1981 I think. Purchased a house kit in 1982 from a business in Fbks. Had it barged down to Ruby and built it my self. Still own it. But as I said, we are the exception to the usual scenario in rural Ak.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 02:14 PM

Good to learn about living in rural Alaska form people who live in rural villages who depend on OPM.

I built my own home. I actually cut down the trees and hand dragged them to the site. Peeled the logs and built it all by myself. I even used my own grubstake. Guess I didn't need the gubmint. smile

When that Republican candidate runs to cut off rural Alaska from free stuff, I'm going to vote for him, It won't affect me.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 04:10 PM

You better make sure he doesnt cut off your Alaska only yearly welfare cheque.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Naw he identifies as a indigenous species and has his own private trapline

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 04:27 PM

if thats the case then he has nothing to worry about.
As long as the free money keeps rolling in that is.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 04:57 PM

When they stop paying me, they will just spend it on Jeff's and martentrapper's neighbors. Your preference.

"An updated tally of state-by-state public assistance rates shows 6 percent to 7 percent of Alaska families receive government help to pay their bills. That's more than twice the national average. The large seasonal tourism and fishing workforce, combined with more than 140 villages that are exempt from public assistance time limits because of few job opportunities, both contribute to the outsize rate."

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 05:04 PM

Truedat.
See it here-who's driving all the new pick ups.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 05:11 PM

Boco, you do realize who he means when he says Jeff's and MT's neighbors?
Posted By: white17

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper

X2

I have lived in 6 different houses in Alaska. I have built and paid for every one of them.

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Boco, you do realize who he means when he says Jeff's and MT's neighbors?

Indeed I do,he means the Aboriginal indigenous.Thus,my reply.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 10:56 PM

Why is gas so high in Louisiana? You’d think it would be right in line with the other Southern states.

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 11:05 PM

Oh you must be referring to our share of the oil money profits our smart governor signed into law for the people.
He was wise enough to know politicians would squander it all and embezzle it for themselves.

It’s a shame more governors in other states didn’t have the foresight he had.

Of course the oil companies get it back by gouging us on fuel prices.
Posted By: run

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Why is gas so high in Louisiana? You’d think it would be right in line with the other Southern states.

It's Los Angeles, California.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Gas $7.83 in LA - 05/30/22 11:20 PM

Ok, thought it was the State abbreviation.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums