Home

Got it! Pic

Posted By: trappingthomas

Got it! Pic - 05/29/22 03:00 PM

[Linked Image]
If I have trapped one groundhog I have trapped a thousand. This guy made me work for it! Never had an experience like this for one of these critters.
Don't normally name them but this one is Caddy Shack! If you don't get the reference you are young enough to goggle it. You won't regret it!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/29/22 03:05 PM

What a majestic creature! I would surely be jealous right now except that I have basically unlimited dillo trappin and I heard the market is going to boom again any day now! whistle

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/29/22 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
What a majestic creature! I would surely be jealous right now except that I have basically unlimited dillo trappin and I heard the market is going to boom again any day now! whistle

I caught wind of a boom as well! lol

The youngster in the cage above was a pain in the butt! To start it was visiting the yard of one of my employee's who only lives a couple blocks from my shop. So it was a freebie if you don't count the case of beer I found next to the set one a.m.. Second I set fast and lazy as I pretty much dropped the trap in the grass next to a shed out of sight of pedestrians. First day produced a grinner. Next day trap was rolled and set off. I thought maybe neighbor except bait was gone so guessed coon. Staked cage down and next day had a coon. Reset and in two days another grinner. At this point I am thinking home owner does not know what a groundhog looks like (if I had a dollar for everytime that turned out to be the case could afford to trap for a living) but she showed me a picture. Next day trap rolled again. So restaked and two days of nothing. The set being worked pretty good I was now able to bury the bottom of cage under a little dirt. This morning caught the brat! My guess is there is still a coon prancing around the neighborhood but mission accomplished and I pulled.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/29/22 09:35 PM

doesn't anyone hunt groundhogs anymore?
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/29/22 09:57 PM

Used to as a kid but then they're numbers dwindled around here. Not until the last 5 years or so have we begun to see them again. I do look forward to hunting them when the opportunity presents itself again.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/29/22 11:23 PM

Growing up, one farmer gave us $0.50 for each chuck and that purchase one box of .22 shells.

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/29/22 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
doesn't anyone hunt groundhogs anymore?

We sure do around these parts but this one was in town. Not anymore

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/29/22 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by mike mason
Growing up, one farmer gave us $0.50 for each chuck and that purchase one box of .22 shells.

That would be awesome!
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/30/22 12:27 AM

Does this count?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/30/22 01:24 AM

Very good, cool
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/30/22 01:31 AM

Might take a bit to sew that one back up QBD LOL
Posted By: Boco

Re: Got it! Pic - 05/30/22 01:52 AM

Snared and trapped quite a few when I was a kid.
Shot quite a few also with all kinds of guns.
The early hides when they first come out make a real nice combo fur hat.
Best sellers were groundhog with red fox flaps.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums